PDA

View Full Version : Rangers fans on Scottish Independance

hibeedonald
22-11-2013, 01:17 AM
Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2A (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2A)

lEXO
22-11-2013, 01:23 AM
Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2ASaw it earlier. What a fanny. "If it wisnae fir the queen bringing in £20m in tourism we would be living on £10 giro,s". No mention of non payment of taxes to Her Majesty though. I really miss them.................. NOT

monktonharp
22-11-2013, 01:26 AM
Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2A (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2A)right, that's my mind made up. I new there was reason why we should stay with the union:rolleyes:I hope the NO campaign adopt this film as a good explanation to the ordinary layman.

SteveHFC
22-11-2013, 01:28 AM
Saw it earlier. What a fanny. "If it wisnae fir the queen bringing in £20m in tourism we would be living on £10 giro,s". No mention of non payment of taxes to Her Majesty though. I really miss them.................. NOT

See if Hearts go down this season which is likely :greengrin.

I hope Hearts come straight back up next season and Rangers stay in the 1st Division. :agree::duck:

lEXO
22-11-2013, 01:30 AM

I hope Hearts come straight back up next season and Rangers stay in the 1st Division. :agree::duck: Now that would be funny.:greengrin

B.H.F.C
22-11-2013, 01:39 AM

I hope Hearts come straight back up next season and Rangers stay in the 1st Division. :agree::duck:

They can both get to f***. I hope Dumbarton come up with one of those two losing on a penalty shoot out in the play off final.

neilmartinrocks
22-11-2013, 02:12 AM
Saw it earlier. What a fanny. "If it wisnae fir the queen bringing in £20m in tourism we would be living on £10 giro,s". No mention of non payment of taxes to Her Majesty though. I really miss them.................. NOT

So by that logic (cough) her maj has just done 5 years work for free?

SkintHibby
22-11-2013, 02:17 AM
Complete roasters.:rolleyes:

blaikie
22-11-2013, 02:19 AM
Love how they managed to get Ireland involved!

Greencore
22-11-2013, 02:20 AM
That is some depressing sh*t. These people are exactly what is wrong with Scotland in General. It's embarising to call yourself scottish nevermind British. If Scotland gets independence. I really hope those people do go to wales or England. **** of the highest order. How is singing about a country apart of a football club. National team yes, so glad our great club has evolved from the past.

did that guy really say to a non white person England lets all the immigrants in?! While wearing a England top?!Hahaha that is priceless. Surprised the dude never smacked him in the face

FitbaFolkKen
22-11-2013, 02:35 AM
That is some depressing sh*t. These people are exactly what is wrong with Scotland in General. It's embarising to call yourself scottish nevermind British. If Scotland gets independence. I really hope those people do go to wales or England. **** of the highest order. How is singing about a country apart of a football club. National team yes, so glad our great club has evolved from the past.

did that guy really say to a non white person England lets all the immigrants in?! While wearing a England top?!Hahaha that is priceless. Surprised the dude never smacked him in the face

Yup then the guy in the background asked him how he got a job.... "know what a mean"

hibbydog
22-11-2013, 03:43 AM
Watched that through my fingers.

Sometimes I really despair of the human race.

Cringeworthy

PHEONIXHIBS
22-11-2013, 04:55 AM
These guys are almost as intelligent as these guys... http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=Zd_NSbZOLsU

GlenrothesHibee
22-11-2013, 06:04 AM
The day i pay attention to what Rangers fans say or think will be the day i get a season ticket at Tynecastle

Hibstrooper
22-11-2013, 07:08 AM
This party political broadcast was brought to you by the Scottish National Party

DarlingtonHibee
22-11-2013, 07:43 AM
Dear oh dear - please don't come to Darlington.

cwilliamson85
22-11-2013, 07:49 AM
I love the fact he quotes the queen brings in 20million but he forgot to say she and the rest of the royal family spend 32.3million* (52p per tax payer) in 2011/12.

*http://news.sky.com/story/955117/how-much-does-the-royal-family-cost

Jonny1875
22-11-2013, 07:55 AM
These people make Nazis look alright.

Crossgates Hibs
22-11-2013, 08:10 AM

I was all for the union but hearing Huns go on about it is putting me in the yes side just now. Sad thing is that's not just a few idiots but a true reflection of their fans.:confused:

spike220
22-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2A (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2A)

I am not sure what to say about that! Only that if he did move to England it would be a good thing, it would increase the average IQ of both countries! :greengrin

Pretty Boy
22-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Welcome to Scotland. A modern, tolerant and cosmopolitan country.

Saorsa
22-11-2013, 08:58 AM

Cringeworthy?

Dinnae think they've quite got that far on the evolutionary tree.

http://i39.tinypic.com/y1lee.jpg

HibeeEmma
22-11-2013, 09:23 AM
These guys are almost as intelligent as these guys... http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=Zd_NSbZOLsU

:faf:

"If I told you the second part of the word is apple" - "apple tree"

"If I told you the first part of the work is pine" - "apple pine"

:top marks

lucky
22-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Sad video but hardly representive of the Scottish people regardless of voting intentions.

Bostonhibby
22-11-2013, 09:50 AM
What I don't understand is why the England fan is at a Scottish football match. If its because he is a fan of the team formerly known as rangers wouldn't it be better if he "emigrated" to Northern Ireland? They do claim some allegiances to it and tend to sing about it a bit allegedly - even fans of the Scotlands' newest team therangers seem to do the same thing.

I don't know any British football fans down here who want either of the uglies teams or fans here on a regular basis. They really do not pay that much attention to either of these sets of self absorbed bigots.

PS- The French Republic chopped all their monarchies heads off and earn more then £20m a year from ordinary members of the public being allowed into their former palaces. Who needs a queen to make money:wink:

Bostonhibby
22-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Sad video but hardly representive of the Scottish people regardless of voting intentions.

Might be indicative of the voting intentions of a large part of the west of Scotland though - there's a lot of single issue voters out there. If there are 400,000 yams in Edinburgh there must be about 20 million huns in and around glasgow:greengrin

Backto my roots
22-11-2013, 11:16 AM
They can both get to f***. I hope Dumbarton come up with one of those two losing on a penalty shoot out in the play off final.

Now that would be Utopia!

Independence might just be worth it just to get rid of those ****......not a brain cell between them!

TheFamous1875
22-11-2013, 11:27 AM
"You Can Stick your Independence up your Arse" "We are the People"

Cannae see these efforts replicating the same success as "Smalltown Boy" and "Don't Leave me this Way".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

allezsauzee
22-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Almost enough to make me vote for independence

johnrebus
22-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Same goes the other way though not all those in favour of indy are massive lovers of braveheart, not all of us like wearing a kilt or hate the English nor are we all SNP members or voters something that is constantly chucked in the face of the independence campaign and supporters everyday in the media and by the BT campaign.

The bigotry issue remains the elephant in the very small room that is Scotland.

Independence or not will make no difference to that whatsoever.

:brickwall

green glory
22-11-2013, 12:13 PM
The bigotry issue remains the elephant in the very small room that is Scotland. Independence or not will make no difference to that whatsoever. :brickwall

Except that pulling the very cornerstone of all they believe in (the Union) from under their feet will be a hammer blow to them.

MurrayfieldHibs
22-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Except that pulling the very cornerstone of all they believe in (the Union) from under their feet will be a hammer blow to them.

:agree:

Kaiser_Sauzee
22-11-2013, 12:36 PM
It distresses me that these people will have a large say in the outcome of this referendum.

Whether you are pro-independence or not, a country's future should not be dictated by football alliegences that are in turn largely historically dictated by religious intollerance.

I suppose that the Celtic fanbase will take an opposing view to these blue clowns.

hibby rae
22-11-2013, 12:41 PM
It distresses me that these people will have a large say in the outcome of this referendum.

Whether you are pro-independence or not, a country's future should not be dictated by football alliegences that are in turn largely historically dictated by religious intollerance.

I suppose that the Celtic fanbase will take an opposing view to these blue clowns.

Hopefully they cancel each other out in that case. I really hope they're not on the electoral register though.

Father Ted
22-11-2013, 12:42 PM
I seriously doubt that unless the ballot paper had colour pictures he would be able to vote

Winston Ingram
22-11-2013, 12:50 PM
The bettertogether camp must be cringing at that:agree:

Hibiza
22-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Sevco [ scotland] ltd ( once glasgow rangers) and politics. either going to be totally predictable, or they havent, in all probability ( about 66% clueless). correction (75%). re- correction , one just mumbled to me , make that 80%. :flag:

Hibercelona
22-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Enjoy

If you were ever in doubt, just give this video a watch.

Independance all the way. :agree:

Bostonhibby
22-11-2013, 01:25 PM

Yep, agree every word. Problem is that they won't have the bus fare south, and if they get as far as berwick they will not find their small minded inward looking culture exists unless they go to Corby.

Crossgates Hibs
22-11-2013, 01:56 PM

The Yes campaign should use it to promote independence.

EH54
22-11-2013, 02:07 PM
Joe Tortolano ‏@SuperTortolano 7m (http://www.hibs.net/SuperTortolano/status/403885434818019328) Dear The Rangers, Thanks for confirming that I will be voting YES you bunch of inbred degenerates. Yours Super Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGjiokfQ2A&sns=em … (http://t.co/LhixNXWGom)

lucky
22-11-2013, 02:10 PM

How do you make that assumption? A few drunken bigots are caught on YouTube and you think they are representive of the Better Together campaign.

green glory
22-11-2013, 02:20 PM
How do you make that assumption? A few drunken bigots are caught on YouTube and you think they are representive of the Better Together campaign.

We'll just put some videos up of Johann Lamont's lamentable performances at FMQ's then.

Equally entertaining.

Dashing Bob S
22-11-2013, 02:22 PM

Not sure i agree with that, John. Northern Ireland has made more progress over the last few years than Scotland in attacking sectarian bigotry, admittedly from a much more perilous base.

I think Scotland, and particularly the Labour Party, wasted twenty-odd years by foisting an anti-racist agenda, which although well-meaning, was largely relevant to multicultural London Boroughs, not (then) predominantly mono-ethnic communities like Scotland. Over the same period of time, the right-wing in Britain has ensured that immigration is never off the political agenda, when Scotland has been losing people.

If we could have tackled particularly Scottish issues like sectarianism, instead of wasting energy and resources of less relevant distractions, we'd probably be a lot further along the road. Instead we've let loud-mouthed pockets of bigotry incubate and spread their toxins unchallenged.

Treadstone
22-11-2013, 02:22 PM
We'll just put some videos up of Johann Lamont's lamentable performances at FMQ's then.

Equally entertaining.

http://markgorman.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/jimmy-krankie-adelle.jpg

green glory
22-11-2013, 02:31 PM

Dashing Bob S
22-11-2013, 02:32 PM
It's easy to let knuckle-dragging thickoid bigots make clowns of themselves, and by turns despondent and hilarious to watch (check the ranting clown in the England top's older jakey, sex-offender sidekick), but in the interests of balance, Rangers fans were one of the first set of supporters in Scotland to have a YES group.

lucky
22-11-2013, 02:41 PM

Equally entertaining.

Behavior yourself, most political commentators believe she has done very well during these debates in fact she won Best Debater of Year at the Scottish politician of year awards last week for her performances at FMQs,

MB62
22-11-2013, 02:45 PM

Thing is, their bigotry has nothing to do with Scotland, it's an Irish issue based here through them.

EH54
22-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Behavior yourself, most political commentators believe she has done very well during these debates in fact she won Best Debater of Year at the Scottish politician of year awards last week for her performances at FMQs,

Hasn't she took Labour to a all new Low in the polls even lower than what Iain Gray did ? how could that be classed as doing very well?

green glory
22-11-2013, 02:59 PM

Which says more about the awards than it does about her abilities as a debater I think. I remember after the Grangemouth affair she asked Alex Salmond what he done with his 2 weeks 'holiday'.

Utterly riseable.

EH54
22-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Which says more about the awards than it does about her abilities as a debater I think. I remember after the Grangemouth affair she asked Alex Salmond what he done with his 2 weeks 'holiday'.

Utterly riseable.

'Something for Nothing'

Bostonhibby
22-11-2013, 03:12 PM
I stay out of the yes/no debate for obvious reasons but if its a yes who is going to fund these people? Realistically they won't pop up in their spiritual home en masse as they will never afford it, and in N.Ireland the locals have mostly moved on and don't want the declining band of bigots to grow.

Independence or not, these twats will be staying where they are. Its all they understand.

Pete
22-11-2013, 05:29 PM

I think people should give credit to the police for their dynamic new policy.

Instead of tackling either half of the old firm they have concentrated on Falkirk fans. The offensive song in question has references to both the pope and the queen so they're killing two birds with one stone.

Bigotry at football, and therefore society, will be a thing of the past in no time.

lucky
22-11-2013, 05:42 PM

Utterly riseable.

I agree not a fan of the awards, after all they gave politician of the year to that wee fat yam barsteward Salmond

Treadstone
22-11-2013, 05:43 PM
I agree not a fan of the awards, after all they gave politician of the year to that wee fat yam barsteward Salmond

Puts your other post in context.

gringojoe
22-11-2013, 05:47 PM

Wee Jimmy will sue! Glad to see the polis stopping the sectarian abuse and drunks attending games.

lucky
22-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Puts your other post in context.

I was replying to the question on Johann Lamont and her skills as a leader and a debater. I also stated that most political commentators believe she has done well. Wee Eck actually embarrasses his role as FM with his behavior and way he fails to answer any questions

JohnStephens91
22-11-2013, 06:39 PM
I laughed and cringed at the video. As a supporter of staying in the Union it is embarrassing to see that video come to light. It is funny in a football sense as it sums up their fans perfectly - horrible, odious, risible creatures that only exist to hate the Irish, love the Queen and feast upon their Bucky Cargo. ****.

Saorsa
22-11-2013, 07:22 PM
No a fan? Yet you used these awards as some sort of measure of Lamont?

Behavior yourself, most political commentators believe she has done very well during these debates in fact she won Best Debater of Year at the Scottish politician of year awards last week for her performances at FMQs,but you're no a fan of those awards because Salmond got one?

They're a measure of a good labour politician but then they're a load of rubbish because Salmond got one? Is that right?

Thinks it's about time this thread found it's way tae the other board anyway, little tae do with fitba.

lucky
22-11-2013, 08:00 PM
No a fan? Yet you used these awards as some sort of measure of Lamont?

but you're no a fan of those awards because Salmond got one?

They're a measure of a good labour politician but then they're a load of rubbish because Salmond got one? Is that right?

Thinks it's about time this thread found it's way tae the other board anyway, little tae do with fitba.
Wrong on the awards as I am not a fan, but do believe that johann Lamont has more than held her own, but so do political commentators.

I do agree this has nothing to do with football.

hibby67
22-11-2013, 09:10 PM
What a total fanny... to quote him if Scotland becomes independent the first thing I would do would be to move to England no I’d move to Wales as England are letting all those immigrants into the country ……
stroke of luck for England then that they have not changed their immigration policy yet ........:greengrin

capitals_finest
22-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Sad thing is this type of degenerate ****wit makes up the majority rather than the minority of the Rangers support. If we get independence (which I hope we do) then there will be a smaller percentage of workers to carry these mutants. How any of the decent Rangers fans can associate themselves with these people concerns me too.

For a country that has produced so many of the world's greatest people we have sadly produced too many of the most disgusting creatures to walk this planet.

capitals_finest
22-11-2013, 09:16 PM

Holmesdale Hibs
22-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Saw it earlier. What a fanny. "If it wisnae fir the queen bringing in £20m in tourism we would be living on £10 giro,s".

That was hilarious, would really love to see the maths on that one. The fact that the size of his giro payments is top of his political agenda also tells a story. The whole thing is funny and tragic on so many levels.

The Alex Salmond song is quite catchy though.

carnoustiehibee
22-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Sad thing is this type of degenerate ****wit makes up the majority rather than the minority of the Rangers support. If we get independence (which I hope we do) then there will be a smaller percentage of workers to carry these mutants. How any of the decent Rangers fans can associate themselves with these people concerns me too.

For a country that has produced so many of the world's greatest people we have sadly produced too many of the most disgusting creatures to walk this planet.

That's because there's no vetting system to having kids. Therefore junkies or mentally ill people are able to breed like rats, claim off this government and slowly dilute the population.

I don't know if it's a strange coincidence that these "people" are also old firm fans aswell.

heretoday
22-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Unfortunately, an independent Scotland is still going to be saddled with people like those in the clip.

In fact it might become a problem as it's easy to see how the Orange brigade in the west could become more politicised in a smaller country. Bigger fish as it were.

They might fancy putting up candidates for Parliament. And they might get elected too.

I'm not arguing against the idea of independence. I'm just looking at the worst case situ.

capitals_finest
22-11-2013, 09:55 PM
That's because there's no vetting system to having kids. Therefore junkies or mentally ill people are able to breed like rats, claim off this government and slowly dilute the population.

I don't know if it's a strange coincidence that these "people" are also old firm fans aswell.

To be fair some junkies can be alright and there are mentally ill people in all walks of life.

The problem stems from a growing population of ****wits like the folk in the video. That is the only word that describes this lot and there are as many amongst the other half of the old firm. As you say they are the ones breeding whilst decent working people cannot afford to have children.

lucky
22-11-2013, 10:02 PM

No way are they representative of the majority of The Rangers fans. They were a few drunken bigots. Rangers have lots of 90 minute bigots but very few believe in all that *****

Hibercelona
22-11-2013, 10:06 PM
No way are they representative of the majority of The Rangers fans. They were a few drunken bigots. Rangers have lots of 90 minute bigots but very few believe in all that *****

Disagree.

I'd say most treat it as a walk of life. They're just more vocal about their "politics" at greyskull, because they know it's the best place to get away with it.

eastterrace
22-11-2013, 10:18 PM
i would say the queen would bring in more than 20 million, probably be that in a week as the tourism in this country is vast. as for that moron he shouldnae drink on an empty hied. how do we breed monkeys like him.

Bronson
22-11-2013, 10:18 PM

You and me both mate:top marks

allezsauzee
22-11-2013, 10:26 PM
I would say these morons are more representative of your average Rangers fan than your average no to independence voter. There will be idiots on both side of the argument and to allow these choobs to influence your decision would be a a bit daft IMO

One Day Soon
22-11-2013, 10:58 PM

Utterly riseable.

She tore him a new one this week with the stuff on everyone getting younger in an independent Scotland and free Olay all round to grow the economy.

I'm not sure why they don't use humour against him more often, he looks very uncomfortable when he's the butt of it and he seems to take himself very seriously.

Anyway as far as the The Rangers fans in the video are concerned, I see stuff like that and I can't help remembering their Manchester riots. I don't think they are representative of anybody or anything other than a particular subset of The Rangers fans.

You do wonder what the outcome would be of locking people like these and an equivalent number of the more foaming-mouthed Nat Cybertrolls in a room for a weekend. I suspect it would be a little like that animated celebrity deathmatch programme that used to be on the telly. On the other hand if these two sides of the anti and pro independence views were put up for a televised debate there's probably a lot better chance of people watching that in large numbers than Sturgeon v Darling. Far more entertaining, you could probably sell it as pay per view.

johnrebus
23-11-2013, 02:09 AM
No way are they representative of the majority of The Rangers fans. They were a few drunken bigots. Rangers havets of 90j minute bigots but very fewbelieve in all that *****

Disagree completely.

Have no wish to enter a political debate about independence, but as far as Rangers fans go, I think they and their opinions should bt disregarded 100%.

londonhibby
23-11-2013, 02:14 AM
"She tore him a new one this week with the stuff on everyone getting younger in an independent Scotland and free Olay all round to grow the economy."

Utter d£££l from a sl$$$$ing slave.

She and most of her party this week, more than most other weeks in recent history, have lied through their teeth. She tore nothing more than her already utterly shredded credibility by further using twisted Orwellian 'Newspeak', and downright Anas Sarwar 'blackwhite' to induce a 'bellyfeel' somewhat reminiscent of 1979's complete Labour-led a**** pumping given to Scotland by Westmonster.

I must surmise that you and your ilk are: Not old enough to have experienced the 80s in any meaningful way, too rich to have experienced the 80s in any meaningful way, are old enough and have kids, and are too rich to have experienced the 80s in any meaningful way, are too young and have kids and are too rich to care about the oncoming storm after a No vote, or have kids, still struggle, but are hopelessly jingoistic, ill-informed and stupid, and are happy/just don't give a s*** about your kids' future, and are happy to see them experience what we have experienced, to think that Westmonster, and the self-serving Establishment parties (who feed from a bigger trough than an independent Scotland would ever give them) have anything other than a dark, stark and painful future for this country.

:ostrich::chop::furious::saltireflag

steakbake
23-11-2013, 02:16 AM
i would say the queen would bring in more than 20 million, probably be that in a week as the tourism in this country is vast. as for that moron he shouldnae drink on an empty hied. how do we breed monkeys like him.

Very few people come to see the queen. If some kind of medieval gawpshow is the best we can offer, it's a wonder people
come here at all.

hibbiedon
23-11-2013, 07:01 AM

I have made that assumption through years of having to put up with their disgusting behaviour and poisonous songs every time they visited ER, I have seen them fly norther irish flags, english flags and their beloved union jack many times have i heard scottish by birth british by choice, it has never been a few drunken bigots but the majority of them

Thecat23
23-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Disgusting simple as that. I'm not a fan of Independence and will think long and hard when it comes to voting. But by god the things they are saying is just horrible.

Far to many folk like this in Scotland, wasters of the highest order. I'd line the lot up and put them down.

Eyrie
23-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Disagree completely.

Have no wish to enter a political debate about independence, but as far as Rangers fans go, I think they and their opinions should bt disregarded 100%.

Agree with this. It's the equivalent of saying we should all be against independence because Salmond is a Yam.

As regards independence, from what I can work out all that will change is Salmond's job title. I don't see how he can makes claims of a socialist Utopia* when he wants to sign us up to a foreign currency so that interest and exchange rates are dependent on a right wing rUK government which we can't vote for or against.

*Worth remembering the etymology behind More using that name.

One Day Soon
23-11-2013, 10:04 AM
"She tore him a new one this week with the stuff on everyone getting younger in an independent Scotland and free Olay all round to grow the economy."

She and most of her party this week, more than most other weeks in recent history, have lied through their teeth. She tore nothing more than her already utterly shredded credibility by further using twisted Orwellian 'Newspeak', and downright Anas Sarwar 'blackwhite' to induce a 'bellyfeel' somewhat reminiscent of 1979's complete Labour-led a**** pumping given to Scotland by Westmonster.

I must surmise that you and your ilk are: Not old enough to have experienced the 80s in any meaningful way, too rich to have experienced the 80s in any meaningful way, are old enough and have kids, and are too rich to have experienced the 80s in any meaningful way, are too young and have kids and are too rich to care about the oncoming storm after a No vote, or have kids, still struggle, but are hopelessly jingoistic, ill-informed and stupid, and are happy/just don't give a s*** about your kids' future, and are happy to see them experience what we have experienced, to think that Westmonster, and the self-serving Establishment parties (who feed from a bigger trough than an independent Scotland would ever give them) have anything other than a dark, stark and painful future for this country.

Ah McGlashan, on the juice last night I take it? Are you by any chance Hong Kong Hibbie's distant relative?

Anyway you'll do perfectly for that panel debate with the The Rangers Fans.

Beefster
23-11-2013, 10:09 AM

Few things on here leave me stunned but your post came pretty close. The Nazis used to force abortions on mentally ill people. How would you advocate stopping them reproduce?

NAE NOOKIE
23-11-2013, 12:19 PM
My politics are no secret. I'm a nationalist and a republican to boot, but I would cringe if anybody tried to use that video as a reason to push the yes debate.

These guys are just morons and their rantings are based on the worst and darkest segments of sectarian and racist ideology. There is no rational thought behind it .... "I'm a white prodesen Gers fan and anybody who isnt is a traitor to the queen & Britain and Fenian bassa"

When Braveheart came out there were folk leaving cinemas and attacking English folk. There are morons on both sides, we have folk who think hating the English makes you a patriot.

Its a yes from me though, but based on the head as well as the heart.

Phil D. Rolls
23-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Why is this not in the Holy Ground? Any other attempt to discuss the political aspect of hunnery goes there.

Greentinted
23-11-2013, 12:30 PM

I work with a charity that is trying to de-stigmatise mental illness and try to move it away from ignorant stereotyping as highlighted above. Wee bit insensitive here, no?
Mental illness isn't (or shouldn't be) a stick to beat people with but posts like this demonstrate we still have a helluva way to go. Even in this forum there have been people who have shared their experiences of mental ill-health yet have recovered to achieve all manner of things - some have even become parents...and good ones at that. Who'd have thought?

Apologies for the slight digression.

Phil D. Rolls
23-11-2013, 12:43 PM

I thought John Cole was hondoodetly dead donsturtin messes Thotcher, Hokey Cokey shake all about.

hhibs
23-11-2013, 12:45 PM
You clearly live in the above. GGTTH

She tore him a new one this week with the stuff on everyone getting younger in an independent Scotland and free Olay all round to grow the economy.

I'm not sure why they don't use humour against him more often, he looks very uncomfortable when he's the butt of it and he seems to take himself very seriously.

Anyway as far as the The Rangers fans in the video are concerned, I see stuff like that and I can't help remembering their Manchester riots. I don't think they are representative of anybody or anything other than a particular subset of The Rangers fans.

You do wonder what the outcome would be of locking people like these and an equivalent number of the more foaming-mouthed Nat Cybertrolls in a room for a weekend. I suspect it would be a little like that animated celebrity deathmatch programme that used to be on the telly. On the other hand if these two sides of the anti and pro independence views were put up for a televised debate there's probably a lot better chance of people watching that in large numbers than Sturgeon v Darling. Far more entertaining, you could probably sell it as pay per view.

poolman
23-11-2013, 12:50 PM

Cringeworthy

:agree: It's nice to see the billions spent on education in this country is not going to waste :rolleyes:

Phil D. Rolls
23-11-2013, 12:51 PM

Poor effort at humour.

FYI infertility and impotence are frequent side effects of anti-psychotic medications. Mentally I'll people tend not to have too many kids, due to lack of opportunity, and also due to the fact that they make informed decisions - often having to face the sad reality that their "illness" would harm the child.

Would you not have been better launching your attack on sinners?

hfc rd
23-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Just watched it and what a complete bunch of idiots, particularly the deluded guy in the England top.

Keith_M
23-11-2013, 02:31 PM
After reading some of the posts on here, it seems there are just as many Thickos in our own support.

It sounds like we have a decent number of 'Offended Tory of Croyden' types, blaming everything on immigrants, unmarried mothers and people with lower intelligence (at least in their eyes).

I'm sure there are a lot of Rangers Fans in favour of Independence, it's just that the Moronic, Loyalist/Unionist element shout the loudest.

1875godsgift
23-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Enjoy

With an attitude like that I can guarantee he won't last long in Wales :greengrin

Rory89
23-11-2013, 04:04 PM
You do wonder what the outcome would be of locking people like these and an equivalent number of the more foaming-mouthed Nat Cybertrolls in a room for a weekend.

Would that be pro-independence nat cybertrolls or pro-union nat cybertrolls. You haven't specified which nationalists you're talking about.

eastterrace
23-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Few things on here leave me stunned but your post came pretty close. The Nazis used to force abortions on mentally ill people. How would you advocate stopping them reproduce?

if you dont pass a certain standard then you get it lobbed off so you cant use it, that would stop them reproducing

eastterrace
23-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Very few people come to see the queen. If some kind of medieval gawpshow is the best we can offer, it's a wonder people
come here at all.

its the heritage they come for mate no just the queen but she is part of it. that why countries like scotland need tourism and the monarchy helps .

MurrayfieldHibs
23-11-2013, 04:16 PM
its the heritage they come for mate no just the queen but she is part of it. that why countries like scotland need tourism and the monarchy helps .

Scotland doesn't need the monarchy (freeloaders) to encourage tourism as will (hopefully) be demonstrated over coming years. :greengrin

eastterrace
23-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Scotland doesn't need the monarchy (freeloaders) to encourage tourism as will (hopefully) be demonstrated over coming years. :greengrin

they might be free loaders but the history of this country (uk) helps to get the tourists over.

NAE NOOKIE
23-11-2013, 05:11 PM
they might be free loaders but the history of this country (uk) helps to get the tourists over.

Aye. But history is all about what happened in the past. Not what the situation is now.

As has been pointed out. The French have a huge tourist industry, but no royal family to back it up. If there was no queen or whatever I highly doubt folk would stop taking holidays in the UK.

For me its got nothing to do with how much the royal family do or dont cost, or how many tourists they pull in. Its got to do with the fact that in a modern society folk should have no influence whatsoever just because of who they were born. And they certainly shouldnt be deferred to or respected as a result of an accident of birth either.

If Prince Charles was to visit my work tomorrow somebody would be there the day before to remind everybody that they should only speak to him if he speaks first and that he should be addressed as sir or your royal highness at all times. Why? Because he was born in a big house and his ancestors were better at murder ( Including patricide and infanticide ) theft and despotism than mine?

Put into perspective. The Americans love all things royal. They love the queen and prince Harry and all that stuff. They have a constitution which strictly prohibits inherited station and power and if you tried to foist such a situation on those very same Americans who flock to the UK every year they would ****ing well kill you for it.

MurrayfieldHibs
23-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Aye. But history is all about what happened in the past. Not what the situation is now.

As has been pointed out. The French have a huge tourist industry, but no royal family to back it up. If there was no queen or whatever I highly doubt folk would stop taking holidays in the UK.

For me its got nothing to do with how much the royal family do or dont cost, or how many tourists they pull in. Its got to do with the fact that in a modern society folk should have no influence whatsoever just because of who they were born. And they certainly shouldnt be deferred to or respected as a result of an accident of birth either.

If Prince Charles was to visit my work tomorrow somebody would be there the day before to remind everybody that they should only speak to him if he speaks first and that he should be addressed as sir or your royal highness at all times. Why? Because he was born in a big house and his ancestors were better at murder ( Including patricide and infanticide ) theft and despotism than mine?

Put into perspective. The Americans love all things royal. They love the queen and prince Harry and all that stuff. They have a constitution which strictly prohibits inherited station and power and if you tried to foist such a situation on those very same Americans who flock to the UK every year they would ****ing well kill you for it.

Time to move on.

Beefster
23-11-2013, 05:45 PM
if you dont pass a certain standard then you get it lobbed off so you cant use it, that would stop them reproducing

What the world would look like if Lorena Bobbitt was a Nazi.

eastterrace
23-11-2013, 05:49 PM
What the world would look like if Lorena Bobbitt was a Nazi.

yeh she would sort them out.:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
23-11-2013, 07:02 PM
"You Can Stick your Independence up your Arse" "We are the People"

Cannae see these efforts replicating the same success as "Smalltown Boy" and "Don't Leave me this Way".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

He was never really a live act, to be fair.

HibbySpurs
23-11-2013, 09:36 PM
I laughed and cringed at the video. As a supporter of staying in the Union it is embarrassing to see that video come to light. It is funny in a football sense as it sums up their fans perfectly - horrible, odious, risible creatures that only exist to hate the Irish, love the Queen and feast upon their Bucky Cargo. ****.

This 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

londonhibby
25-11-2013, 12:23 AM
I thought John Cole was hondoodetly dead donsturtin messes Thotcher, Hokey Cokey shake all about.

You make about as much sense as all the other blinkered unionists, and your command of phonetics is bordering on racist . . .

Anyway, history is repeating itself, just like in the late 1970s when the promises made by ALL the Westminster-based political parties were broken to ensure there was no devolution. What happened then? The deliberate play-down of how much oil there was, the "too wee, too stupid" argument and the odious 'jam tomorrow'. And we fell for it.
Today sees the same (with the bonus about volatility of oil price added to the mix - despite £30bn in future investment and the oil industry itself stating time and again that the truth is otherwise). Here's some Highers-level Economic History.

Thatcher used Scotland's oil money to create her new service and financial services economy focused in London. Meanwhile, Scotland was left to pick up the pieces as she ripped out the heart out of Scotland's industries. The logic behind some of those policies - modernisation, globalisation, were inevitable, but the sheer brutality, implementation and scale were wholly unnecessary.
Next year will be the same if this is allowed to happen. Scotland will be run over if it votes no. The Barnett formula will be reduced (again) or scrapped, and we will increasingly be forced to accept a neo-liberal form of control being introduced into our public services, in exactly the same way that project has been progressing in England for the last ten years.
There will be no expansion of powers for the Scottish Parliament, and there is a strong cross-party movement, that includes Scottish MPs, towards the parliament's powers being reduced.

There will be no jam tomorrow.

We have already seen proportionately higher cuts in a number of sectors. Eg: Defence jobs are moved south while we pay a proportionally higher share of defence costs, civil service jobs are based in the south while we pay for them, etc.

Scotland must be brave and make the choice to take responsibility for our own future as the scars from our last piece of stupidity are still visible . . .

monktonharp
25-11-2013, 12:59 AM

I love the history of this country(uk) when we look at the not too distant remnants of the Empire, when our gallant expedicienary troops went into all those heathen countries over the globe and educated them. a job well done.:eyes:

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-11-2013, 08:55 AM

Post of the thread so far.....:clapper:

Phil D. Rolls
25-11-2013, 10:49 AM

Is there any way you can prove that?

You make about as much sense as all the other blinkered unionists, and your command of phonetics is bordering on racist . . .

Anyway, history is repeating itself, just like in the late 1970s when the promises made by ALL the Westminster-based political parties were broken to ensure there was no devolution. What happened then? The deliberate play-down of how much oil there was, the "too wee, too stupid" argument and the odious 'jam tomorrow'. And we fell for it.
Today sees the same (with the bonus about volatility of oil price added to the mix - despite £30bn in future investment and the oil industry itself stating time and again that the truth is otherwise). Here's some Highers-level Economic History.

Thatcher used Scotland's oil money to create her new service and financial services economy focused in London. Meanwhile, Scotland was left to pick up the pieces as she ripped out the heart out of Scotland's industries. The logic behind some of those policies - modernisation, globalisation, were inevitable, but the sheer brutality, implementation and scale were wholly unnecessary.
Next year will be the same if this is allowed to happen. Scotland will be run over if it votes no. The Barnett formula will be reduced (again) or scrapped, and we will increasingly be forced to accept a neo-liberal form of control being introduced into our public services, in exactly the same way that project has been progressing in England for the last ten years.
There will be no expansion of powers for the Scottish Parliament, and there is a strong cross-party movement, that includes Scottish MPs, towards the parliament's powers being reduced.

We have already seen proportionately higher cuts in a number of sectors. Eg: Defence jobs are moved south while we pay a proportionally higher share of defence costs, civil service jobs are based in the south while we pay for them, etc.

Scotland must be brave and make the choice to take responsibility for our own future as the scars from our last piece of stupidity are still visible . . .

Are you Bob Servant?

londonhibby
25-11-2013, 12:41 PM
filledrolls: "Are you Bob Servant?"

Somehow you're managing to confuse me with George Galloway, or maybe Willie Rennie.

Phil D. Rolls
25-11-2013, 01:37 PM
filledrolls: "Are you Bob Servant?"

Somehow you're managing to confuse me with George Galloway, or maybe Willie Rennie.

Aw come on mate, even I wouldn't insult someone by comparing them to Willie Rennie. I've got my standards.

Rennie looks like the class sook. I bet his shoes are always polished, and he is never late for the BBs.

londonhibby
25-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Aw come on mate, even I wouldn't insult someone by comparing them to Willie Rennie. I've got my standards.

Rennie looks like the class sook. I bet his shoes are always polished, and he is never late for the BBs.

:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
25-11-2013, 02:35 PM

eastterrace
25-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Is there any way you can prove that?

Are you Bob Servant?

are there anyway you canny prove it

Phil D. Rolls
25-11-2013, 08:59 PM
are there anyway you canny prove it

I don't think there is. The question that has to be answered is "would tourists come to Britain if the monarchy was abolished".

I suppose the only people that can answer that are the tourists.

I tend to avoid passing off theories as facts. That's why I asked the guy to back his statement up.

weonlywon6-2
25-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Enjoy

Thats just hilarious.his mate is wearing a maradona t shirt as well
They really dont have a clue.
Its because of these peoples mindset that Scotland gets dragged into the dark ages.
So,is independance going to come down to a rangers v celtic vote???

Phil D. Rolls
25-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Its because of these peoples mindset that Scotland gets dragged into the dark ages.

I'd be surprised if politicians aren't playing on it.

yeezus.
25-11-2013, 09:19 PM

Highly unlikely - most of that lot are much more concerned about whether Northern Ireland remains part of the UK.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Surprised our man in Hong Kong hasnae posted on this thread yet. :-)

The Baldmans Comb
26-11-2013, 12:28 AM

I would agree with this completely.

Small countries work best of all when they make all their own decisions rather than asking others to make them for them.

I have no doubt Scotland would be a far better place if it was run by Scottish people just like any other normal country.

madhibby
26-11-2013, 01:12 AM
Well I'm a Labour Party member, a Socialist and a supporter of Better Together. I don't like to be described as a Unionist as it reminds too much of the Conservative Parties Unionism but I do strongly believe that Scotland and the rest of the UK are stronger by remaining together allowing some sharing of risk and resources.

So some Rangers fans support the union - is that a big surprise - and because they do (for all the wrong reasons) it makes you more likely to Vote yes for independence? You could make a similar nonsense argument that as Alex Salmond is a Jambo Hibs fans must vote No!

Beefster
26-11-2013, 06:55 AM
I'm a Labour Party member, a Socialist

In the spirit of your brave confession, I sniff ladies' underwear from clothes lines and watch Dickinson's Real Deal.

green glory
26-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Well I'm a Labour Party member, a Socialist and a supporter of Better Together. I don't like to be described as a Unionist as it reminds too much of the Conservative Parties Unionism but I do strongly believe that Scotland and the rest of the UK are stronger by remaining together allowing some sharing of risk and resources. So some Rangers fans support the union - is that a big surprise - and because they do (for all the wrong reasons) it makes you more likely to Vote yes for independence? You could make a similar nonsense argument that as Alex Salmond is a Jambo Hibs fans must vote No!

When could the Labour Party last be described as socialist?

While we're at it I'd like to thank the Labour Party for it's decision to help contribute towards the deaths of over 100,000 people in Iraq.

Better Together indeed when others have to pay the price.

Bostonhibby
26-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Does anyone have a contact address for the England fan. I wanted to ask him about his views on the post election Scotland, if we stay with some form of union,was he a barnett formula man or had he any views on an alternative funding structure that might work.

If there is to be a true form of devolution how might Scotland stay within the EEC, what might the new currency look like and what will its entry level be against the dollar and the euro? How would he take over dividing up and managing the ongoing RBS mess if it is handed back to scotland?

Singing about some long dead dutchman in a camp looking wig and drinking down the masonic club is unlikely to be enough.

drumatic44
26-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Quite honestly it's hard to believe that ******s like this still exist in 2013, I mean who would employ these people , what do they contribute , just how ignorant are they ? Talking about Ireland etc. carefully forgetting that their top scorer is a Dubliner.
Mind you on the plus side if we did get independence ( and I hope we don't ), and that lot and their ilk decamped to England or Wales then that would be sort of recompense.
Allez les Vertes Originales. !!

CentreLine
26-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Exciting Times with the publication of the white paper it’s game on. For the first time in history the Scots will finally be asked the question if they want to be Scottish or North British.

We entered in to a union in 1707 with an English army ready to invade, blockading and harassment of Scottish trade at sea, the threat of forfeiture of Scots owned lands and property in England and a Scottish government entirely dominated by a gentry (soon to be landed gentry, something they would vote for themselves almost immediately after union)with only their own self interest at heart.

The white paper today will describe how we can have a vote to decide if that and all that followed was actually just fine.

Beefster
26-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Exciting Times with the publication of the white paper it’s game on. For the first time in history the Scots will finally be asked the question if they want to be Scottish or North British.

We entered in to a union in 1707 with an English army ready to invade, blockading and harassment of Scottish trade at sea, the threat of forfeiture of Scots owned lands and property in England and a Scottish government entirely dominated by a gentry (soon to be landed gentry, something they would vote for themselves almost immediately after union)with only their own self interest at heart.

The white paper today will describe how we can have a vote to decide if that and all that followed was actually just fine.

I'm bored of this line that's peddled about being either British or Scottish. I'm Scottish and British.

Incidentally, I'd imagine that the white paper will be pure fiction unless the SNP are in power perpetually post-independence.

CentreLine
26-11-2013, 10:12 AM
I'm bored of this line that's peddled about being either British or Scottish. I'm Scottish and British.

Incidentally, I'd imagine that the white paper will be pure fiction unless the SNP are in power perpetually post-independence.

You miss the point. The intention in 1707 was that Scotland become "North Britain". If you have been pondering it since then it is no surprise that you are bored. We are all British right now but proud of our Scottish identity as are people from other parts of Britain justifiably proud of their identity in the component parts.

Beefster
26-11-2013, 10:14 AM
You miss the point. The intention in 1707 was that Scotland become "North Britain". If you have been pondering it since then it is no surprise that you are bored. We are all British right now but proud of our Scottish identity as are people from other parts of Britain justifiably proud of their identity in the component parts.

That's not really what you implied in the post I responded to but fair enough.

Phil D. Rolls
26-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Why is this thread not in the Holy Ground?

Saorsa
26-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Why is this thread not in the Holy Ground?Indeed, I made that suggestion 3 pages ago and it's got even less tae dae with fitba now than it had then. :agree:

Jonnyboy
26-11-2013, 04:13 PM
In the spirit of your brave confession, I sniff ladies' underwear from clothes lines and watch Dickinson's Real Deal.

Pervert :greengrin

The Baldmans Comb
26-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Well I'm a Labour Party member, a Socialist and a supporter of Better Together. I don't like to be described as a Unionist as it reminds too much of the Conservative Parties Unionism but I do strongly believe that Scotland and the rest of the UK are stronger by remaining together allowing some sharing of risk and resources.

So some Rangers fans support the union - is that a big surprise - and because they do (for all the wrong reasons) it makes you more likely to Vote yes for independence? You could make a similar nonsense argument that as Alex Salmond is a Jambo Hibs fans must vote No!

While I disagree I can still respect the views and arguments of all British Unionists but please dont insult my intelligence by claiming the Labour Party is anything to do with Socialism.

"The election of Tony Blair was my crowning achievement"

Margaret Thatcher.

monktonharp
27-11-2013, 12:52 AM

You also post on another sub-forum that you are bored. are you interested in anything? or just that the status quo is really what you want, and you would not need to actually think about things? so you have imagined, that the white paper will just not sit right with the people of Scotland, or is it that it wont sit right with you? which is it/ the white paper clearly states that the independence vote is not about voting "in" the present SNP government for ever. you are making things up.

monktonharp
27-11-2013, 01:21 AM

So some Rangers fans support the union - is that a big surprise - and because they do (for all the wrong reasons) it makes you more likely to Vote yes for independence? You could make a similar nonsense argument that as Alex Salmond is a Jambo Hibs fans must vote No!I need to get my point over, before this thread is

consigned to a sub-forum....coo shed or whatever. I USED to be a Labour party member, and I paid a levy, through my union, deleted at source through my employer's wage system. when I expected the local Labour party, and the national party to aid me and my comrades(with the same socialist values) to retain our industry, they fell well short of what I expected, and to make things worse I attended a local invite by the local MP, his agent, and my local councillor. I raised one question, as I was the only person that turned up! and none of the three, ( one was the Shadow Energy Secretary at the time) actually knew one thing about the question I asked. the question, was basically about a large colliery , still open on care and maintenance,and I Still worked vthere, which at one time employed 2200 men. I walked out in disgust and have never voted labour since.as a socialist, I feel much better for it.

gorgie greens
27-11-2013, 01:46 AM

i miss many the things of not being in Scotland,but please dont send those faaaannniiieeeesss to Wales,they run around in Engerland tops,swearing alegency to there queen ,Englands green and pleasant land is the very place for them or even better stick them on a ferry (herald of free enterprice type) over to Ulster and they can take there inbred mates from darkheid with them.
now the things i miss,Hibs,and a decent chippy with salt n sauce.

JOD
27-11-2013, 02:21 AM
That's ok wi me tae :agree: the post above

itslegaltender
27-11-2013, 08:32 AM

Lamont is a London Labour patsy, she went missing right through the whole Grangemouth affair. Part of that Weegie/Lanarkshire cabal that still canny believe they lost power to the Nats.

Bill Milne
27-11-2013, 09:22 AM
I will vote YES next year. That is my right as a Scottish elector but, if the majority of my fellow Scots choose to remain in the UK, I will accept this as the settled will of the people.

What disturbs me about Labour's support of the union, however, is their pursuit of their own narrow political interests ie a separate Scotland would make it almost impossible for Labour to gain overall power down south.

yeezus.
27-11-2013, 10:24 AM
When could the Labour Party last be described as socialist?

While we're at it I'd like to thank the Labour Party for it's decision to help contribute towards the deaths of over 100,000 people in Iraq.

Better Together indeed when others have to pay the price.

When are people going to learn that they can't win an argument by mentioning Iraq?

Beefster
27-11-2013, 11:01 AM
You also post on another sub-forum that you are bored. are you interested in anything? or just that the status quo is really what you want, and you would not need to actually think about things? so you have imagined, that the white paper will just not sit right with the people of Scotland, or is it that it wont sit right with you? which is it/ the white paper clearly states that the independence vote is not about voting "in" the present SNP government for ever. you are making things up.

Made up what exactly?

As to the rest, yes, I'm bored of the non-debate so far. For a matter so important, the debate has been pathetic and the only way it's changing is to get nasty (which might be an improvement from "Everything's going to be great" "No, it won't" right enough). Sorry if that offends your sensibilities.

I'm still going to point out stuff that I think is pish though. Especially when it's utter nonsense along the lines of "Real Scots want independence" or "You're either British or Scottish".

Fergus52
27-11-2013, 05:34 PM