PDA

View Full Version : Team for sat

Potty78
21-11-2013, 01:57 PM
How many tactical changes we expecting? We birdie tells me Katie not in team. Not sure to believe or not but time will tell.I can't decide myself with team. Not easy. We will win though:)

HibbyAndy
21-11-2013, 01:58 PM
We WILL win this game.

andrew70
21-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Looking at the way Butcher likes to set a team up I think we might see the following line up:

Williams
Maybury Hanlon McGivern Stevenson
Robertson Tudor-Jones Craig
Handling Heffernan Cairney

Subs: Clancy, Forster, Thomson, Taiwo, Collins, Caldwell, Murdoch

SouthamptonHibs
21-11-2013, 08:17 PM
How many tactical changes we expecting? We birdie tells me Katie not in team. Not sure to believe or not but time will tell.I can't decide myself with team. Not easy. We will win though:)
Hopefully Katie is in the team, would be mad if he is left out as he is one of our best players.

Winston Ingram
21-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Hopefully Katie is in the team, would be mad if he is left out as he is one of our best players.

:agree:

Jonnyboy
21-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Time to step up JC :thumbsup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25045240

SMAXXA
21-11-2013, 09:18 PM

Your wee birdie is correct

andrew70
21-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Your wee birdie is correct

Butcher doesn't rate him? Doesn't fit into his style? Or some other reason.

SMAXXA
21-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Butcher doesn't rate him? Doesn't fit into his style? Or some other reason.

He rates him and he is a big part of his plans. The style of play does seem conflicting for the player KT is. May just mean he has to adjust which is fair enough.

For the avoidance of doubt the team for Saturday was named today.

andrew70
21-11-2013, 09:31 PM
He rates him and he is a big part of his plans. The style of play does seem conflicting for the player KT is. May just mean he has to adjust which is fair enough.

Thommo is very clearly talented, I just wondered if Butchers somewhat quicker approach at getting the ball forward slightly goes against KT's style. Am sure he will have a big part to play as the season wears on. Big call already from Terry though.

weonlywon6-2
21-11-2013, 09:34 PM
We WILL win this game.

Yes hopefully but we need to keep our feet on the ground.Rome wasnt built in a day

Jonnyboy
21-11-2013, 09:37 PM

:agree:

Reckon Butcher wants his team to be a lot more dynamic and that doesn't fit Kev's game but I reckon he'll still get plenty game time in the month's ahead

weonlywon6-2
21-11-2013, 09:44 PM
We WILL win this game.

Yes hopefully but we need to keep our feet on the ground.Rome wasnt built in a day

TheFamous1875
21-11-2013, 09:47 PM

What is the team for Saturday? So excited!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GreenCastle
21-11-2013, 09:55 PM
While KT is our best player under pressure and is most comfortable on the ball - I have said for a while he's too similar to Craig and also oftens slow play down = opposition can get back and organised. He also drops too deep to get the ball off Hanlon and co when Hanlon should be able to make a pass or even travel forward with the ball.

I believe he has a place at the club but looks like he will go for a bit of steel in there on Saturday to get stuck into St Mirren and Goodwin if he's playing CM.

TheFamous1875
21-11-2013, 10:22 PM
While KT is our best player under pressure and is most comfortable on the ball - I have said for a while he's too similar to Craig and also oftens slow play down = opposition can get back and organised. He also drops too deep to get the ball off Hanlon and co when Hanlon should be able to make a pass or even travel forward with the ball.

I believe he has a place at the club but looks like he will go for a bit of steel in there on Saturday to get stuck into St Mirren and Goodwin if he's playing CM.

Goodwin's suspended - as is Butcher!

spike220
22-11-2013, 01:02 AM

Williams

?????? ?????? ????? ????????

?????? Robertson ?????? ??????

????? ???????

I am open to discussion about the formation.

NorthNorfolkHFC
22-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Based on media stuff OTJ and Collins are in. Reckon Robertson will also be a definite. Without much defensive cover there won't be many changes but will be interesting what he does at fb. Exciting stuff.

spike220
22-11-2013, 06:41 AM
Based on media stuff OTJ and Collins are in. Reckon Robertson will also be a definite. Without much defensive cover there won't be many changes but will be interesting what he does at fb. Exciting stuff.

Do we know anything about how Butcher will set us up?

NorthNorfolkHFC
22-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Do we know anything about how Butcher will set us up?

Nope, most is based on his favoured style/formation at ICT.

What a difference two weeks makes/ let's hope the result follows suit.

Hibby_CR14
22-11-2013, 07:58 AM
This is the most excited I have been to see a Hibs starting 11 in a long time :):thumbsup:

Big Terry says goals are important so I would expect a strong attacking line-up (if that is possible with our current group).

I think their will be a couple of surprise inclusions in the team.

Def starters I think will be Williams, Robertson, OTJ and Collins..not to sure about the rest...potentially a couple of younger players starting to add much needed pace!!

When is Harris back?

:tbgwa:

Ell_Chrisso
22-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Let's take one of our best players out the starting 11, great idea! If OTJ is in to protect the back four then I'd prefer Thomson in 100 times over him.

Brightside
22-11-2013, 08:41 AM
It will be...

Williams
Teddy Forster Hanlon Lewis

Roberton Thomson OTJ Craig

Handling Heffernan

subs - Collins, Zouby, mcpake, Taiwo, Zico, Ronaldo

Onceinawhile
22-11-2013, 08:57 AM
St mirren will be delighted to get rid of paddy. It might be my memory playing tricks, but we always seemed to beat them for the last 6/7 games.

number9dream
22-11-2013, 09:42 AM

JC talking about getting crosses into the box. I hope Maurice M has been working on that. Who do we have that can whip in a dangerous ball? Craig & Mullen maybe and the latter did not exactly convince at right-back at the start of the season.

Williams
?? ?? Hanlon McGivern
Robertson OTJ Craig
?? ?? ??

Ell_Chrisso
22-11-2013, 09:49 AM
I'd like to think that Butcher can get both Collins & Heffernan playing well and in the team together. I'd like to see something like..
Williams
Maybury Nelson Hanlon McGivern
Robertson Thomson Stevenson
Heffernan Collins Craig

Speedway
22-11-2013, 09:57 AM

And one of the oppositions best as well as he lets them all get back behind the ball to ensure that we don't counter at speed.

Saturday's side

Willo
Maybo
McPo
Hanlo
McGivo

Robbo
Joneso
Craigo

Zoubo
Collo
Heffo

Subso:

Murdocho, Forsto, Thommo, Taiwo-o, Vino, Cairno

allezsauzee
22-11-2013, 10:17 AM
I think the starting XI will be

Williams
Maybury
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern
OTJ
Craig
Robertson
Handling
Collins
Heffernan

jacomo
22-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Thommo is very clearly talented, I just wondered if Butchers somewhat quicker approach at getting the ball forward slightly goes against KT's style. Am sure he will have a big part to play as the season wears on. Big call already from Terry though.

Katie should be good enough to fight for a place in the team no matter how it's set out.

jacomo
22-11-2013, 10:26 AM

Easy to forget Collins is only 22, disappointing he's not scored more goals so far but plenty of room for improvement from him and the team.

Callum_62
22-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Be surprised if Thommo is out - hopefully he knuckles down and fights for his place

Backto my roots
22-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Anyone know how Callum Booth is getting on at Raith? Always thought he was really talented and should play left midfield rather than left back as he was a bit lightweight. Not for Sat obviously but it would push Craig to play beside Thomo in the centre as for me him and OTJ are too defence minded.

GreenCastle
22-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Goodwin's suspended - as is Butcher!

Didn't realise Goodwin will be missing.

The following players will be in starting 11 -but not sure shape...

Williams (c)
Maybury
Hanlon
McPake
Stevenson
McGivern
Cairney
Craig
Heff
Collins
Robertson

DAVE1875
22-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Williams

Maybury
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
OTJ
Thomson

Vine
Heffernan
Craig

TheGreenMan
22-11-2013, 12:12 PM
The shape at ICT was more a 4-2-3-1 than a 4-3-3 wasnt it?

I'd go with:

Williams

Maybury McPake McGivern Stevenson

Robertson Thomson

Cairny Craig Zouby

Heff

Brightside
22-11-2013, 12:27 PM
McPake himself has said he's not fit, so I can't imagine that Terry will continue down the Pat route of playing unfit players.

JimBHibees
22-11-2013, 12:43 PM
McPake himself has said he's not fit, so I can't imagine that Terry will continue down the Pat route of playing unfit players.

When did he say that and TB clearly made reference to J McP flying into tackles at training.

TheFamous1875
22-11-2013, 01:03 PM
A lot of people omitting Hanlon is telling as he's been ever-present for the last few seasons. A good thing regarding him being good enough or not, etc, is Terry Butcher himself was an internationally lauded Centre Half, and if there's anyone to know whether or not Hanlon is up to the task then it's Terry Butcher.

Either he'll be away at the end of his contract, or Terry Butcher will be the making of him. I hope it's the latter.

SMAXXA
22-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Cairney back in the team tomorrow im hearing, possibly up top with Collins

bigwheel
22-11-2013, 01:30 PM
I can't understand anyone choosing McGivern over Hanlon...McGivern has been poor since he returned. It will indeed Whilst tomorrow's pick will be interesting , It will be his team in 4-5 weeks that will be more telling than his first pick tomorrow...

Leighonel
22-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Cairney back in the team tomorrow im hearing, possibly up top with Collins

Glad to hear this. ICT played 4-2-3-1 so maybe cairney will be playing in behind collins. Pretty sure he played there in pre season against dumbarton.

TheFamous1875
22-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Glad to hear this. ICT played 4-2-3-1 so maybe cairney will be playing in behind collins. Pretty sure he played there in pre season against dumbarton.

So it sounds like it could be a front four (as is the norm at ICT) of:

Robertson. Cairney. Craig (C).

Collins.

Could be sensational! Any other team news? If the Thomson omission is true it could be Craig/Robertson and Tudor Jones at DM, with either Zoubir or a young one in the front four? Exciting times!!

GGTTH

TheFamous1875
22-11-2013, 02:23 PM
It really does speak volumes if it took changing a manager(!) to get Cairney on the field.

Aldo
22-11-2013, 02:29 PM
It really does speak volumes if it took changing a manager(!) to get Cairney on the field. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sure will. If we can get the PC that scored the cracking goal at Darkheid I'd be more than happy with that.

Looks like a few regular starters might find their places up for grabs?

AlbertK86
22-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Is Craig not still suspended ?

Billy Whizz
22-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Is Craig not still suspended ?

No had a one game ban against Caley and misses the next League cup game next season

AlbertK86
22-11-2013, 04:54 PM
No had a one game ban against Caley and misses the next League cup game next season

Ideal cheers BW

If rumours of no KT and Cairney in are true.

Hopefully he goes

Williams

Maybury
Forster
McGivern
Stevenson

OTJ

Handling
Robertson
Craig
Cairney

Heffernan

Subs

Murdoch
Hanlon
Thomson
Taiwo
Stanton
Collins
Caldwell

Stringer
22-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Williams

maybury. Forster. Hanlon. Stevenson

McGivern. OTJ

Robertson. Craig. Handling

Collins

McGivern has been a bombscare at the back, should be better at DM. For me, a 4 3 3 is too narrow.

SouthamptonHibs
22-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Williams

maybury. Forster. Hanlon. Stevenson

McGivern. YOUr

Robertson. Craig. Handling

Collins

McGivern has been a bombscare at the back, should be better at DM. For me, a 4 3 3 is too narrow.

Collins? Have you started drinking early today mate? Surely Heff, before Collins, if not Heff, then one of the young guns, if not a young gun play a Hibs fan up there, if not a Hibs fan put a traffic cone up there, all options would be better than Collins.
Apart from striker your team looks ok for tomorrow, but I'd have Tommo in the midfield, with Robbo and Craig

hibsbollah
22-11-2013, 06:18 PM
I dont care. Butcher could put out a team of Zibbys and I would trust his judgement. Heres to a new dawn :cheers:

JohnStephens91
22-11-2013, 06:22 PM
:rolleyes: Nothing like giving our strikers a fresh start.

Collins showed promise earlier on. He's been absolutely starved of service and has had to play most of his game around the halfway line. Give him some decent balls into the box to attack and I'm sure he'll score. Personally, I'd like to see him and Heffernan up front together.

He's lacked confidence due to the constant deprivation of service. With a more attacking style of play and with support from the midfield he will prove to be a valuable asset to the side. He has proven he is capable of scoring in League One and even scored a hat-trick against Stoke, a side renowned for having a steadfast defence, so all the posters that are saying he is a poor player are not giving James a chance.

thebakerboy
22-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Would not be surprised to see something a wee bit from left field like three at the back tomorrow as we do not seem to have any really convincing full backs , with two upfront this leaves five in midfield therefore releasing two to go wide and make crosses. Have no idea how the personnel would line up but only looking at our strengths and weaknesses. From what I have heard and seen of Butcher do not think McPake and Zoubir will feature. So if he does go down this road it could be
Williams
Foster Hanlon McGivern
Stanton/Handling Robertson Jones Craig Cairney/Stevenson
Collins Heffernan

But I could be reading it totally wrong and have got my :tin hat: on.

SouthamptonHibs
23-11-2013, 03:07 AM
:rolleyes: Nothing like giving our strikers a fresh start.

Collins showed promise earlier on. He's been absolutely starved of service and has had to play most of his game around the halfway line. Give him some decent balls into the box to attack and I'm sure he'll score. Personally, I'd like to see him and Heffernan up front together.

I'm passed giving that guy a chance, he is brutal. Ps Aberdeen game missed sitter v Hearts and Motherwell the same, he is slow, not big can't shoot and his movement is bad, ooh and is crossing is crap he plays to deep, but to.morrow if he plays come on James Collins...

Russ
23-11-2013, 04:49 AM
Looking at the way Butcher likes to set a team up I think we might see the following line up:

Williams

There's as much chance of that being the line up as us winning the League Cup this season. Looking for big things today hope it's not the usual disappointment.

Williams Maybury Forster Mcpake Mcgivern Thomson Robertson Craig Tudor Jones Collins Heffernan c'mon the cabbage:flag:

Russ
23-11-2013, 04:54 AM
I'm passed giving that guy a chance, he is brutal. Ps Aberdeen game missed sitter v Hearts and Motherwell the same, he is slow, not big can't shoot and his movement is bad, ooh and is crossing is crap he plays to deep, but to.morrow if he plays come on James Collins...
Oh dear:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

PeterboroHibee
23-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Im really looking forward to seeing what Butcher comes up with today and over the coming weeks. Despite being hugely frustrated with them in recent weeks, I still think we have a good group of players (if not lacking in a couple of key areas), and I think he will be able to get a lot more out of them than Fenlon. As for the team -

Williams
Maybury Forster/McPake Hanlon McGivern
Robertson OTJ Craig

hibby67
23-11-2013, 09:53 AM
We have been so inconsistent this season that it's hard for us as supporters to agree what is our best team and formation we should play ....
I just hope TB picks players to play in their natural positions rather than accommodating players and playing them out of positions ...

andrew70
23-11-2013, 11:34 AM

Williams

Wasn't too far away, to be fair

Tyler Durden
23-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Wasn't too far away, to be fair

Yep only 2 players out? Maybe some other posters won't be so dismissive in future.....

sesoim
23-11-2013, 11:46 AM

Like most of our midfielders, he doesn't do enough to get the ball forward quickly. I was disappointed when Fenlon geave him a new contract as players like Thomson do little to help our lack of scoring.

Russ
24-11-2013, 05:20 AM
Yep only 2 players out? Maybe some other posters won't be so dismissive in future.....

Me for one. Thought OTJ would be a shoe in for a place, hope he's not a dud.

Col_0762
24-11-2013, 06:33 AM
Like most of our midfielders, he doesn't do enough to get the ball forward quickly. I was disappointed when Fenlon geave him a new contract as players like Thomson do little to help our lack of scoring.

He's the only player that plays a ball in front of a player to run on to. The main problem is they all ***** themselves when they get the ball and turn back the way. It's pathetic. KT should be the first name on the team sheet. Criminal error in my opinion not to start him yesterday!