PDA

View Full Version : Sports bars in Frankfurt

Deek9
21-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Does anyone know any decent bars in Frankfurt for watching the football - will be there on Saturday. Cheers.

CB_NO3
21-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Does anyone know any decent bars in Frankfurt for watching the football - will be there on Saturday. Cheers.
There is an irish bar across from the main station thats decent. Lots of big tv's and decent screens. They show more than 1 game too. I cant remember the name. I normally avoid Irish bars as they are normally over priced but this one is decent.

SteveHFC
21-11-2013, 02:30 PM
There is an irish bar across from the main station thats decent. Lots of big tv's and decent screens. They show more than 1 game too. I cant remember the name. I normally avoid Irish bars as they are normally over priced but this one is decent.

Was in that Irish Bar in April this year. Fantastic breakfast. :greengrin

Usually filled with Frankfurt supporters before a home game.:aok:

Dr Jimmy
21-11-2013, 03:12 PM

O'Reilly's....directly across from the train station.
Loads of games on with English speaking staff.

Deek9
21-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, the Irish sounds just the job. Cheers.

DC_Hibs
21-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, the Irish sounds just the job. Cheers.

O'Reillys have plenty screens but with 2 English games and some Bundesliga 2 games on at the same time they will probably have the TV's allocated to those games. You would need to go in beforehand to ask if they will put it on for you. If there's a crowd of you it will help as I doubt they would show it for a few of you.

Yours bar (downstairs) in the centre of Frankfurt is a better shout. Much quieter in there (smoking bar downstairs though) and they will definitely put it on if you go in and ask. The beer (and service) is also far better than O'Reillys. Waxys Irish bar is next door to Yours but you've no chance in there as fewer screens.

You would be much better off at the Eintracht/Schalke game mind you.

worcesterhibby
21-11-2013, 09:30 PM
I used in work in Frankfurt each year for about 10 days at a time…my favourite was the Fox and Hounds..good atmosphere, nice people and Football always on the telly. It's in Westend only a wee walk from the Station or Messe. they have details of what football they will be showing on their website..here

http://www.foxandhound.de

I once started trying to speak (crap) German to the bloke sitting next to at the bar. In fact we spoke spoke in stilted german for a out 10 minutes until I realised he was from Montrose and was the Pro at the local golf club !

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Snatch of the day on Barbarossaplatz is not too bad. Very efficient service.

Jonnyboy
21-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Snatch of the day on Barbarossaplatz is not too bad. Very efficient service.

I shudder to think what they're serving :greengrin

DC_Hibs
21-11-2013, 11:05 PM

Cologne's locals and tourists alike I would think!

Fox and Hounds won't show the Hibs game BTW.
Merseyside derby is a cert in there.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-11-2013, 10:09 AM

That was a bit of a drunken post, I was feeling a bit mischievous! :bevvied!: