PDA

View Full Version : Kim Little, ex Hibs

theonlywayisup
21-11-2013, 01:01 PM
...........doing well. Anyone know if she is a Hibs fan?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25025777

Little helped the Gunners win four league titles, three FA Cups and four League Cups after joining from Scottish side Hibernian six years ago.

"Kim is an outstanding player," said Arsenal Ladies general manager Vic Akers.

"We always believed she could be a world-class talent. I'm pleased to say that's just what she's become."

Little, has signed what Arsenal describe as a "long-term contract" in the US.

Akers added: "Her potential was clear when we first went to see her play as a teenager for Hibs.

"I'd like to thank her on behalf of the team for all that she's helped us to achieve in recent seasons, and wish her all the best for this new chapter in her career."

cocopops1875
21-11-2013, 01:05 PM
From up Aberdeen way so doubt she is one of us :agree:

JimBHibees
21-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Sounds like an exciting move for her. There is no doubt she is an outstanding talent and at only 22 has plenty of time to develop.

Leishy1995
21-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Great move for her. She's the lady my sister always mentions when talking about players she kinda looks up to!

The Hibee Harp
21-11-2013, 01:28 PM
...........doing well. Anyone know if she is a Hibs fan?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25025777

Little helped the Gunners win four league titles, three FA Cups and four League Cups after joining from Scottish side Hibernian six years ago.

"Kim is an outstanding player," said Arsenal Ladies general manager Vic Akers.

"We always believed she could be a world-class talent. I'm pleased to say that's just what she's become."

Little, has signed what Arsenal describe as a "long-term contract" in the US.

Akers added: "Her potential was clear when we first went to see her play as a teenager for Hibs.

"I'd like to thank her on behalf of the team for all that she's helped us to achieve in recent seasons, and wish her all the best for this new chapter in her career."

I'm sure she is/was an Aberdeen fan but has a big soft spot for Hibs after her time with the club.

She is an incredible player and Hibs struggled when she left.

IMO She will go on to become the greatest ever Scottish player in the women's game if she isn't already.

JimBHibees
21-11-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm sure she is/was an Aberdeen fan but has a big soft spot for Hibs after her time with the club.

She is an incredible player and Hibs struggled when she left.

IMO She will go on to become the greatest ever Scottish player in the women's game if she isn't already.

She may well do however still has a bit to do to be called the best ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_Reilly

Just saw this bit.

The Scottish Women's FA had reacted to criticism from Reilly and two other players, Edna Neillis and Elsie Cook, by banning them sine die.[3]

Dear oh dear.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-11-2013, 02:00 PM
For Hibs it looks like funding put In by Celtc and the Rangers (dunno if that'll continue) will see them poach our players west... My understanding is there is little funding around if any from the club ladies pay for their own kit - I suppose there's not much money in the game. Shame to see a repeat in the women's game...

Sergy Pie
21-11-2013, 02:01 PM
She may well do however still has a bit to do to be called the best ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_Reilly

Just saw this bit.

The Scottish Women's FA had reacted to criticism from Reilly and two other players, Edna Neillis and Elsie Cook, by banning them sine die.[3]

Dear oh dear.

That accolade will go to Caroline Weir one day. She has just signed for Arsenal (aged 17) from Hibs and is an unbelievable talent. She will eclipse Kim little in time and probably all others.

Brightside
21-11-2013, 02:48 PM
For Hibs it looks like funding put In by Celtc and the Rangers (dunno if that'll continue) will see them poach our players west... My understanding is there is little funding around if any from the club ladies pay for their own kit - I suppose there's not much money in the game. Shame to see a repeat in the women's game...

Hibs would only lose their players to Glasgow City in Scotland, who are still that little bit better than Hibs and much better than the rest. A lot of players will go to England, Germany and Scandi countries. Many of the youth girls can grab the chance of a scholarship in the States also (free educution and better football). Even at Arsenal, Kim Little would have only been on about 30k a year, the Hibs ladies play for free!

They get hardly any money from Hibs tbh. Which is a shame considering the job the are doing promoting the Hibs Family. There is some amazing talent coming through the Hibs girls teams at all ages and its a real shame they dont get use of the training facilities.

Leishy1995
21-11-2013, 02:54 PM
That accolade will go to Caroline Weir one day. She has just signed for Arsenal (aged 17) from Hibs and is an unbelievable talent. She will eclipse Kim little in time and probably all others.

I'd agree as does my dad and sister who know her better.

southsider
21-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Hibs would only lose their players to Glasgow City in Scotland, who are still that little bit better than Hibs and much better than the rest. A lot of players will go to England, Germany and Scandi countries. Many of the youth girls can grab the chance of a scholarship in the States also (free educution and better football). Even at Arsenal, Kim Little would have only been on about 30k a year, the Hibs ladies play for free!

They get hardly any money from Hibs tbh. Which is a shame considering the job the are doing promoting the Hibs Family. There is some amazing talent coming through the Hibs girls teams at all ages and its a real shame they dont get use of the training facilities.

Would like to change that. There may be good facilities at East Mains going unused some evenings ? Gogs, can we not bring this up at the next meeting ? Have our new Patron, Kirsty announced it on Sky Sports News. Can't buy PR like that.

Leishy1995
21-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Would like to change that. There may be good facilities at East Mains going unused some evenings ? Gogs, can we not bring this up at the next meeting ? Have our new Patron, Kirsty announced it on Sky Sports News. Can't buy PR like that.

I've seen posters on here say they don't want any Hibs funds helping the ladies so you might get some opposition. Although it would be fantastic PR

JimBHibees
21-11-2013, 04:08 PM

Sounds very promising though alot can happen to players who seem to be exceptional talents when so young.

Malthibby
21-11-2013, 05:23 PM
I've seen posters on here say they don't want any Hibs funds helping the ladies so you might get some opposition. Although it would be fantastic PR

It would be great PR for the club & a wee investment would go a long way. A successful women's team/teams improves the club profile, bring new fans in, let's the lassies wear the green & white, it's all win-win.
GG

Eyrie
21-11-2013, 07:28 PM
I see no harm in Hibs providing some financial support to what is after all our ladies team. A small sum like £10k would make no difference to the club but would be a massive boost to the ladies team.

Leishy1995
22-11-2013, 01:01 AM
I see no harm in Hibs providing some financial support to what is after all our ladies team. A small sum like £10k would make no difference to the club but would be a massive boost to the ladies team.

10k is probably more than the club has brought in for itself in 2/3 years. The ladies off course. Would be in my opinion worth it.

Sergy Pie
22-11-2013, 07:21 AM

East Mains was used in the past for bounce games and for league matches. However, the location of many first team players made it unappealing as they had to travel in from the West. Since most of the ladies worked, all the travel made it difficult for some and unattractive for potential signings. That's why they started to play at Broxburn but I'm not sure what the situation is now though.

The Hibee Harp
22-11-2013, 05:49 PM
East Mains was used in the past for bounce games and for league matches. However, the location of many first team players made it unappealing as they had to travel in from the West. Since most of the ladies worked, all the travel made it difficult for some and unattractive for potential signings. That's why they started to play at Broxburn but I'm not sure what the situation is now though.

The games were moved to Broxburn to allow the Ladies to charge admission which was something Hibs wouldn't allow at East Mains.

The Hibee Harp
22-11-2013, 05:50 PM

It's a myth that Hibs haven't invested in the Ladies side. Hibs make an annual contribution to the Ladies team and have done for a number of years now.

The Hibee Harp
22-11-2013, 05:54 PM
It would be great PR for the club & a wee investment would go a long way. A successful women's team/teams improves the club profile, bring new fans in, let's the lassies wear the green & white, it's all win-win.
GG

Even when Hibs were the top side in Scotland, winning the league, the cups, playing in the Champions League (or UEFA Women's Cup as it was then) and had coverage all over the official website and programme, there was next to no impact in the Ladies attendances or sponsorship avenues open to them. I read time and again that the club should do more to back the Ladies and perhaps they should, however until the Hibs supporters back the Ladies team through turning up to support them, then the Ladies will continue at the same level.

Eyrie
22-11-2013, 08:18 PM
It's a myth that Hibs haven't invested in the Ladies side. Hibs make an annual contribution to the Ladies team and have done for a number of years now.

I stand corrected, and it's good to know that the Ladies team is partly funded by the club.