PDA

View Full Version : New Captain

Bronson
21-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Evening news says big Terry hasn't decided on who his captain will be and says he's not a fan of having goalkeepers as captains, which i agree with actually.

Who would you have? Kevin Thomson for me.

Golden Bear
21-11-2013, 11:26 AM
Evening news says big Terry hasn't decided on who his captain will be and says he's not a fan of having goalkeepers as captains, which i agree with actually.

I'll second that.

nribs
21-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Robertson for me

Hibercelona
21-11-2013, 11:29 AM
I agree with him as well.

Stevenson would probably be my captain of choice though. He performs fairly consistantly and seems to have the coolest head on the field.

Zazu62
21-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Nelson or mcpake

Bronson
I agree with him as well.

Stevenson would probably be my captain of choice though. He performs fairly consistantly and seems to have the calmest head on the field.

Consistent and a hibby through and through yes, but not inspiring or vocal enough to be a captain I don't think.

TheFamous1875
By rights, it should be Thomson. however, based on his history with us, he won't necessarily be a choice candidate with a collection of the supporters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

andrew70
21-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Scott Robertson

InterviewLoI
21-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Id say Stevenson. I remember he was captain my first ever game v dundee utd. Then again, the sponsors named kujabi motm that day. Sad times

Centre Hawf
21-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Don't agree with Thomson being captain. He hasn't stood out for me this season performance wise, and you need to look up to a captain who is playing well not just shouting at folk. Nelson would be mine if he's fit and able to play most of the season (Not sure about his injury how many games he will miss) Hanlon, Robertson, Stevenson and Williams are my candidates but you never know who has natural respect within the dressing room.

Hibercelona
21-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Consistent and a hibby through and through yes, but not inspiring or vocal enough to be a captain I don't think.

There's nobody in the squad at the moment that i'd really call inspiring though. A few players have the tendency to lose the head from time to time though. That's why I wouldn't have Thomson as captain. We need somebody who can stay calm and composed, even when the pressure is on.

Robertson would probably be my 2nd choice next to Stevenson.

Northernhibee
21-11-2013, 11:36 AM

When we were battling relegation he was the one to call and lead a team meeting IIRC.

Billy Whizz
21-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Has to be someone that Butcher thinks will be 1st name on the team sheet. Not many that can claim to be that

WeeCraigy
21-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Robertson for me

hibbymick
21-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Robertson for me

500miles
21-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Thomson hasn't got the discipline.

Nelson all day long.

Bronson
21-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Don't agree with Thomson being captain. He hasn't stood out for me this season performance wise, and you need to look up to a captain who is playing well not just shouting at folk. Nelson would be mine if he's fit and able to play most of the season (Not sure about his injury how many games he will miss) Hanlon, Robertson, Stevenson and Williams are my candidates but you never know who has natural respect within the dressing room.

Start of the season Thomson was the stand out player for us, form has dipped last couple weeks (along with everyone bar Robertson) but he's still our best player and for me is the stand out candidate for captain.

The fact he played for free last season shows how much he cares about the club, I can forgive a few daft snide comments he made 6 years ago.

Heisenberg
21-11-2013, 11:49 AM
KT or Robertson for me.

keep the faith
21-11-2013, 11:50 AM
KT fits the bill of captain in every way.

Golden Bear
21-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Thomson hasn't got the discipline.

Nelson all day long.

I'd say Jim Goodwin of St Mirren is a natural leader and good captain albeit his discipline is often open to question.

In fact he's suspended against us on Saturday.

3pm
21-11-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't think he'll change it just now. It's something to say to keep folk on their toes.

The three candidates (IMO) are McPake, Williams and Thomson. All 3 are out of contract at the end of the season so I don't see much value in changing it now unless he was giving it too a Robertson or Hanlon who have an extra year on their deals (both aren't captain material, again IMO).

I don't think he'll gain that much from changing it just now but if he's mentioned it, it wouldn't surprise me if he changed it in the summer (on the assumption the three mentioned above ALL stay which I think is unlikely).

500miles
21-11-2013, 11:57 AM
I'd say Jim Goodwin of St Mirren is a natural leader and good captain albeit his discipline is often open to question.

I'd say Jim Goodwin is a thug and an embarrassment to his Club and Manager. Was delighted when he stayed at St. Mirren.

EVENTUALLY
21-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Recall David Gold (former U20 Captain) from Queens and build the midfield around this very accomplished young man.

Doubts surround all the usual candidates.

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-11-2013, 12:01 PM
By rights, it should be Thomson. however, based on his history with us, he won't necessarily be a choice candidate with a collection of the supporters.

Captain shouldnt be based on rights?

It should be on ability to lead on the park and have a bit of a personality, i'd imagine that Terry can pick a captain with the right qualities.

MontrealHibs
21-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Recall David Gold (former U20 Captain) from Queens and build the midfield around this very accomplished young man.

Doubts surround all the usual candidates.

Thanks Mrs Gold, I hope your son is enjoying his time at Queens.

From the current crop I think Williams is the most rounded choice. I would pick Nelson if we want an outfield player.

Weststandwanab
21-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Has to be someone that Butcher thinks will be 1st name on the team sheet. Not many that can claim to be that On that basis if could only be Robertson.

Moulin Yarns
21-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Robertson fits the bill, but I like the sound of having a captain named Jones :wink:

stokesmessiah
21-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Sneaking suspicion it might be OTJ?

TheFamous1875
21-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Captain shouldnt be based on rights?

It should be on ability to lead on the park and have a bit of a personality, i'd imagine that Terry can pick a captain with the right qualities.

He's the most successful (by far) and talented player in our squad, who has a winning mentality and can take a game by the scruff of the neck and drive the team on with his passion. So he SHOULD be captain based on this, however, the reality is that he's just not showing it enough to immediately merit the captaincy.

He should be shining through as our rightful captain, but he has not been performing to the standard that we expect of him. Maybe Buther will get the best out of him.

Stevie Reid
21-11-2013, 12:15 PM
If he were fit right now I suspect it would be Nelson.

EVENTUALLY
Thanks Mrs Gold, I hope your son is enjoying his time at Queens.

From the current crop I think Williams is the most rounded choice. I would pick Nelson if we want an outfield player.
Pity we didnae appreciate the quality of our last decent U20 Captain presently shoosing it at Partick. Youth is the way forward and TB should start now with David Gold.

Moulin Yarns
Robertson fits the bill, but I like the sound of having a captain named Jones :wink:

You heard it here first :greengrin

Is there an echo in here? :agree:

Scouse Hibee
21-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Centre half or centre mid.

Aldo
21-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Centre half or centre mid.

Think he's hinting at CM!

Liams
21-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Robertson or craig

lord bunberry
21-11-2013, 12:28 PM
I think it will be mcpake again.

Westie1875
21-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Nelson or KT

Don Giovanni
21-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Nelson would make a good captain I reckon.

Mature pro with loads of experience. He's vocal (far more so than Hanlon for example) . No nonsence centre back character (played on with a broken face against Septic - compare that to Sean O'Hanlon & his sair tae!).

On top of all that he'd be one of my first picks in defence and appears to have settled in well into the dressing room - based on some of his tweets & apparent humour.

Can't say I expected much when he initially signed (and he has his faults - distribution) but I've been impressed with him so far - the kind of centre half we've missed for a long time IMO.

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Nelson would make a good captain I reckon.

Mature pro with loads of experience. He's vocal (far more so than Hanlon for example) . No nonsence centre back character (played on with a broken face against Septic - compare that to Sean O'Hanlon & his sair tae!).

On top of all that he'd be one of my first picks in defence and appears to have settled in well into the dressing room - based on some of his tweets & apparent humour.

Can't say I expected much when he initially signed (and he has his faults - distribution) but I've been impressed with him so far - the kind of centre half we've missed for a long time IMO.

Yeh, i think itll be OTJ or Nelson. Problem is Nelson wont be fit this weekend i dont think?

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-11-2013, 01:29 PM
He's the most successful (by far) and talented player in our squad, who has a winning mentality and can take a game by the scruff of the neck and drive the team on with his passion. So he SHOULD be captain based on this, however, the reality is that he's just not showing it enough to immediately merit the captaincy.

He should be shining through as our rightful captain, but he has not been performing to the standard that we expect of him. Maybe Buther will get the best out of him.

Maybe crossed wires here. My opinion is the Captain is not necessarily the best, most experienced player on the park and i don't think that amassing experience is a prerequisite.

I played rugby and my experience of good captains were the 'managers on the pitch', the ones who encouraged others, drove other players on and were generally 'good lads' and natural leaders. Obviously the captain has to have ability as a model for other players but not necessarily the best.

Im not saying KT does not have these attributes but only folk that play or coach him will know what he's like as a person. I dont get he's our 'rightful' captain and i've not seen much evidence of him grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck.

Bostonhibby
21-11-2013, 01:44 PM
it was Williams because he was the only other one who gave a lead and seemed like he bothered every week as well as being professional in his approach to training apparently. We need to get that attitude further forward and spread around. I fancy Nelson could do a job of kicking a few ***** on the pitch when required but Id go for Scott Robertson as a start of the new approach.

Baker9
21-11-2013, 01:57 PM

More chance of that than Thomson but maybe a bit early. Thomson might not get a game under Butcher.

Judas Iscariot
21-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Thomson, McPake or Williams

hibbymick
21-11-2013, 02:09 PM
I dont see the point in having Mcpake as captain, we need one who has more chance of being on the pitch.

southsider
21-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Never thought having a goalie as captain was a good idea. A few have done the job but its not for me. If Ben is TB's pick then good luck to him.

Brightside
21-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Never thought having a goalie as captain was a good idea. A few have done the job but its not for me. If Ben is TB's pick then good luck to him.

Liam Craig i think. But if he plays OTJ is will be him. KT complains too much to be captain. He annoys Refs rather than working with them.

Bronson
21-11-2013, 03:25 PM
More chance of that than Thomson but maybe a bit early. Thomson might not get a game under Butcher.

Thomson is by far and away our best player, I'd be shocked if he's not one of the first names on Butcher's team sheet.

Hibercelona
21-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Thomson is by far and away our best player, I'd be shocked if he's not one of the first names on Butcher's team sheet.

Opinions eh. Think theres been a few better than him. Particularly Robertson.

Bronson
21-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Opinions eh. Think theres been a few better than him. Particularly Robertson.

In recent weeks aye, but overall i would have to disagree.

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-11-2013, 04:10 PM
In recent weeks aye, but overall i would have to disagree.

I agree, as much as I think Thomson was class I think he's on the way out.

Robertson is far more athletic and energetic in the middle of the park.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

yeezus.
21-11-2013, 04:12 PM
I'll go with Robertson, he has showed leadership and really impressed me so far.

stokesmessiah
21-11-2013, 04:28 PM
You heard it here first :greengrin

Is there an echo in here? :agree:

Sorry, never noticed.

Great minds and all that.

snooky
21-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Defo no to Thommo - had his chance & blue it. :wink:
No to Nelson - UXB
Maybe McPake - in & oot too often?
Maybe Lewis (I thought he was a bluenose?). Deserves it for his staying (with Hibs) power alone
Maybe Robertson - best of the new bunch
Don't mind Goalie captain - although not ideal.

Longshot?
Maybury

patch1875
21-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Vine.

The_Exile
21-11-2013, 05:26 PM
If fit then McPake should remain as captain, if not then it has to be Robertson, he has all the attributes, work rate, determination, first rate attitude and I've yet to see him hide, always wanting the ball or involved in the play, tailor made captain in the middle of the park.

offshorehibby
21-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Not sure how close to fitness Nelson, if fit he'd be in my team before McPake. I don't think McPake or Thompson will be in long tdrm plans if OTJ plays you might see him a surprise choice as I heard TB mention him in an interview. I think he'll stick with Williams short term. I think Nelson would be a good shout.

Kaiserclem
21-11-2013, 05:35 PM
'The Admiral' Nelson for me. No nonsense leader who won't give off bad body language at team mates like. Thomson etc. Agree goalkeepers should not be captain, no offence to Williams but leader should be on the park.

sooner Nelson is back the better, massive miss just now. Think he will bring Forster on leaps and bounds given a lengthy run to form a partnership.

'mon the cabbage!

delbert
21-11-2013, 05:42 PM

Interesting how much media Mr Tudor Jones has got in the last couple of days, might just be coincidence but I think not, whatever I'm sure Terry will get it right.

B.H.F.C
21-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Nobody really jumps out. Don't know what goes on behind closed doors but it needs to be someone who has the respect of the dressing room and who players can look up to. From that point of view you'd think Thomson would be in with a shout. Don't know if there is anything in the Tudor Jones suggestions or if people are just putting two and two together as he's played for Butcher before. Was he ever captain for him at Inverness?

Whatever happens its time to take it off McPake as it needs to be someone who is playing week in week out.

DarlingtonHibee
21-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Interesting how much media Mr Tudor Jones has got in the last couple of days, might just be coincidence but I think not, )whatever I'm sure Terry will get it right.

This - our new captain - OTJ (just my view -:greengrin)

Hainan Hibs
21-11-2013, 06:11 PM
If Katie Thomshun, the man who would walk over broken glass to hunbrox, the man who proclaimed Rangers as the best club in the world, would become Hibernian captain, Hibs could go and well truly shove it.

Seeing that hun in a Hibs shirt is a disgrace enough. Captain? **** right off.

Liams
21-11-2013, 06:13 PM
OTJ knowes the tb way so its a high chancr

brian6-2
21-11-2013, 06:16 PM
If Katie Thomshun, the man who would walk over broken glass to hunbrox, the man who proclaimed Rangers as the best club in the world, would become Hibernian captain, Hibs could go and well truly shove it.

wow.

Aldo
21-11-2013, 06:19 PM
If Katie Thomshun, the man who would walk over broken glass to hunbrox, the man who proclaimed Rangers as the best club in the world, would become Hibernian captain, Hibs could go and well truly shove it. Seeing that hun in a Hibs shirt is a disgrace enough. Captain? **** right off.

Not this again. Move on please. Dear dear. I'm surprised your no happy about TB becoming manager - after all he did play and capt der hun?

Brooster
21-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Nelson is prime candidate in my opinion, great leader defender and fighter.
Liam Craig vice captain. Butcher will bring out the best in this guy.
Robertson, our top performer this season by quite a distance, would be good choice.
Mcpake, misses too many games.
Williams, goalie shouldn't be captain, let him concentrate on keeping defence right.
OTJ, Butcher connection puts him in the frame. Might just be the making of him.
Hanlon, too quiet.
Stevenson, will drop down the pecking order under Butcher.
Maybury, would be good choice if playing every week.
Thomson, good leader but too hot headed when team under the collar.
Tawio, same as Stevenson.
All in my opinion of course.

Golden Bear
21-11-2013, 06:34 PM

How very predictable.

HibbyKeith
21-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Not this again. Move on please. Dear dear. I'm surprised your no happy about TB becoming manager - after all he did play and capt der hun?

:troll:

Aldo
21-11-2013, 06:40 PM
:troll:

Ha ha

ALF TUPPER
21-11-2013, 06:42 PM

double wow !

yekimevol
21-11-2013, 06:45 PM
emmm hmmmm JAAMMMEESSS MCCPPAKKKEEEE JAMES MCPAKE !!!:jmcp::jmcp::jmcp:

PeterboroHibee
21-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Think its difficult to know who he is going to choose, it depends what hes looking for in a captain and what he sees in training.

Not really based on anything but I have a feeling it will be OTJ.

Speedway
21-11-2013, 06:59 PM
emmm hmmmm JAAMMMEESSS MCCPPAKKKEEEE JAMES MCPAKE !!!:jmcp::jmcp::jmcp:

Why is no-one quoting the player's choice - Rowan Vine?

Jonnyboy
21-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Defo no to Thommo - had his chance & blue it. :wink:
No to Nelson - UXB
Maybe McPake - in & oot too often?
Maybe Lewis (I thought he was a bluenose?). Deserves it for his staying (with Hibs) power alone
Maybe Robertson - best of the new bunch
Don't mind Goalie captain - although not ideal.

Longshot?
Maybury

Neanderthal views in, supporting Hibs out

lucky
21-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Cant see how OTJ will be captain as he has struggled at ER. TB will not want to send a message like thay to the other players. Stick with Williams, he is the only one guaranteed a game

GreenOnions
21-11-2013, 07:35 PM
It's got to be an outfield player who is likely to play every week when he is fit (This rules out Nelson and OTJ IMO) and someone who is experienced and commands the respect of team-mates.

We don't yet know who TB is likely to play every week but Kevin Thomson is one who certainly fits the bill and he would also be my choice. He has the best pedigree of all our players and has played at a higher level than everyone else. If it hadn't been for injuries he would be yet another Hibs graduate in the current Scotland team.

Despite what a minority might say I also feel he would be very proud to be Hibs captain again and would be a good leader for us. It might also help us keep him next season and beyond - who knows.

Allant1981
21-11-2013, 07:44 PM

Good to see your not bitter!!

cmcd
21-11-2013, 07:50 PM

What an idiotic post Your Nursery must be closed Or the other kids wont speak to you GROW UP

Bronson
21-11-2013, 07:58 PM

How bitter of you, move on like everyone else. It was a couple daft comments 6 years ago for christ sake, have a word.

The_Sauz
21-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Vine.

Why is no-one quoting the player's choice - Rowan Vine?

:slipper:

Leitherhibs
21-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Pity we didnae appreciate the quality of our last decent U20 Captain presently shoosing it at Partick. Youth is the way forward and TB should start now with David Gold.

My Queens supporting mate says hes been there poorest player since he joined.

Sir David Gray
21-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Although not being very supportive of the idea initially, I've accepted Thomson as a Hibs player and he has played well for us this season.

However I personally would draw the line at making him captain again.

whaley
21-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Captain's are a funny thing, a lot depends on the dynamics within the squad - who has the gravitas, respect and are the right role model to carry out off.

But also in the modern, professional game I think their importance is overstated - the whole team should be capable of performing (with direction from the dugout) without that level of on field encouragement.

Having said all that, Nelson for me...

Ray_
21-11-2013, 10:20 PM

You are one sad individual who's posts are as dire and bigoted as anything you would find on kickback & follow follow, to be honest, I've flushed better than this.

FranckSuzy
21-11-2013, 10:24 PM

Hibs fan? **** right off.

snooky
21-11-2013, 10:58 PM
Neanderthal views in, supporting Hibs out

Oh dear. Jonnyboy, I seem to have not explained myself very well.
When I suggested that Lewis was 'a bluenose' it was in response to Bronson's post saying "Consistent and a hibby through and through ......etc"
I was only pointing out that as far as I was led to believe LS was a Rangers supporter at one time.
BTW, I've no problem with that at all. I've always liked Lewis as a player and have done since yon SLC final.

So, honestly, there were no 'neanderthal' intentions in my post.

I'll close now as I need to go and comb my face :wink:

Fergus52
21-11-2013, 11:19 PM
No way would I give it to Thomson.

If he's taking it away from Williams then there's not many other options but I'd definitely have Nelson or Mcpake over KT.

lEXO
21-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Whoever Terry picks will do for me. He knows what a captain is all about.

Saorsa
22-11-2013, 07:43 AM

Seeing that hun in a Hibs shirt is a disgrace enough. Captain? **** right off.If you're no trolling when you make these posts about Thomson, I think you should seek help. :agree:

Brightside
22-11-2013, 08:30 AM
If you're no trolling when you make these posts about Thomson, I think you should seek help. :agree:

OTJ will be second on the team sheet every week. He'll be captn.

Speedway
22-11-2013, 09:59 AM
OTJ will be second on the team sheet every week. He'll be captn.

Either that or Jimmy McPakeo.

RIP Bestie
22-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Thomson with Robertson as vice captain. McPake can bolt

Spike Mandela
22-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Why can't we be like the new manager and give everybody a clean slate. Year zero for the players.:cb

Saorsa
22-11-2013, 12:34 PM
OTJ will be second on the team sheet every week. He'll be captn.Maybe he will, maybe he winnae, what's the relevance of that tae what I posted?

JimBHibees
22-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Why can't we be like the new manager and give everybody a clean slate. Year zero for the players.:cb

Completely agree the way some Hibs fans on here refer to Hibs players you really wonder why they bother supporting the team at all.

As you say it is a new start lets get behind the team.

SMAXXA
22-11-2013, 01:23 PM
New Captain...............Liam Craig

B.H.F.C
22-11-2013, 01:27 PM
New Captain...............Liam Craig

Is that what you've heard of just your suggestion?

SMAXXA
22-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Is that what you've heard of just your suggestion?

Just been informed

Baker9
22-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Just been informed

Brilliant choice if true. Very good player and seems a very intelligent and decent guy. Hibs class.

Stevie Reid
22-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Very happy with LC as captain :agree:

B.H.F.C
22-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Just been informed

I'm a wee bit surprised if you're right but I think he could do well.

Weir7
22-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Brilliant choice if true. Very good player and seems a very intelligent and decent guy. Hibs class.
Can't agree. I've been at every game he's played and never came away thinking he's even a good SPL player.

Looks overweight and slow. For a midfielder not a great tackler or passer. Hopefully new manager will see him get closer to opposition goals and will result in mores shots as he has a good dig on him.

B.H.F.C
22-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Can't agree. I've been at every game he's played and never came away thinking he's even a good SPL player.

Looks overweight and slow. For a midfielder not a great tackler or passer. Hopefully new manager will see him get closer to opposition goals and will result in mores shots as he has a good dig on him.

Really? He's already scored more goals this season than our whole midfield did last year!

Had a shocker at Motherwell and there has been games where the whole team have been poor but there is a fair chance he will get in to double figures for us this year. When could we last say that about a midfielder?

TowerHibs
22-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Really? He's already scored more goals this season than our whole midfield did last year!

Had a shocker at Motherwell and there has been games where the whole team have been poor but there is a fair chance he will get in to double figures for us this year. When could we last say that about a midfielder?

actually thought he done ok against Motherwell, got into some great positions between the lines of their midfield and defence. Had few shots and linked up play. Didnt pull it off all the time but if he was capable of that, he wouldnt be playing for the cabbage

Weir7
22-11-2013, 03:02 PM

Take 3 goals from cup game out of it. Not hard to score more goals than last years midfield.

I agree very poor at Motherwell. In his mythical central role. His first touch that day was brutal and his workrate.

I'm glad we signed him but for me he's been a let down.

Aldo
22-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Take 3 goals from cup game out of it. Not hard to score more goals than last years midfield. I agree very poor at Motherwell. In his mythical central role. His first touch that day was brutal and his workrate. I'm glad we signed him but for me he's been a let down.

Tbh he was even worse v the Yams in the cup game.

Hopefully with the new management team onboard we will see him playing better

B.H.F.C
22-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Take 3 goals from cup game out of it. Not hard to score more goals than last years midfield.

I agree very poor at Motherwell. In his mythical central role. His first touch that day was brutal and his workrate.

I'm glad we signed him but for me he's been a let down.

So we don't count those goals as they were against poor opposition? He got in to positions to score them and we've not had someone to do that for years. Even if you do take them out he's still our joint top scorer.

He's consistently scored goals in the spl. He's will continue to do so. He's had a few bad games but who hasn't this year. The midfielders who are defensive get stick for not being creative. Then you have a midfielder who scores goals getting stick for not tackling etc.

There are some decent individual midfielders there and its about finding a balance to allow them to compliment each other's strengths.

If he is to be captain I can't say I saw that coming though.

JOD
22-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Kevin would have been my choice but unfortunately he does not quite fit the bill with his one year contract. We need a player who is commited to Hibs medium/long term and guaranteed first team slot every game. :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: Not many there at the moment--------------got to be Ben----------------only one that really fits the bill.

Jonnyboy
22-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Oh dear. Jonnyboy, I seem to have not explained myself very well.
When I suggested that Lewis was 'a bluenose' it was in response to Bronson's post saying "Consistent and a hibby through and through ......etc"
I was only pointing out that as far as I was led to believe LS was a Rangers supporter at one time.
BTW, I've no problem with that at all. I've always liked Lewis as a player and have done since yon SLC final.

So, honestly, there were no 'neanderthal' intentions in my post.

I'll close now as I need to go and comb my face :wink:

Hmm are you RV in disguise?

Apologies to you. I just get irked by any suggestion that supporting the now deceased Rangers as a kid, somehow poisons that individual making him unable to perform for Hibs.

No apology to the other poster though - nailed fair and square IMO :agree:

Hiber-nation
22-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Good choice if correct. Hopefully TB can get him to produce the goods consistently as he's been really poor in some games but has so much to offer.

JohnStephens91
22-11-2013, 07:18 PM

Last years midfield scored this amount of goals:

Taiwo - 1 (v Motherwell)
Robertson - 1 (v Kilmarnock)
Cairney - 2 (v Celtic and St Johnstone)
Wotherspoon - 5 (v Dundee twice, Hearts, Motherwell and Inverness)
Done - 1 (v Kilmarnock)
Harris - 1 (v Falkirk, although he did score against Kilmarnock in the ill-fated game where the fan died but it did not officially count)
Deegan - 1 (v Aberdeen)

I make that 12 goals, Liam Craig has 6 so far. It's a great total, but not more goals than last season's midfield.

B.H.F.C
22-11-2013, 07:32 PM

Taiwo - 1 (v Motherwell)
Done - 1 (v Kilmarnock)
Harris - 1 (v Falkirk, although he did score against Kilmarnock in the ill-fated game where the fan died but it did not officially count)
Deegan - 1 (v Aberdeen)

I make that 12 goals, Liam Craig has 6 so far. It's a great total, but not more goals than last season's midfield.

I maybe should have checked that. I was just trying to make the point that he's the goalscoring midfielder we've been after for ages.

To rephrase it in a more factual way he has scored 50% of last years total from midfield in well under half a season. It's perfectly possible that he could score another 6, particularly if the team becomes more attacking as butcher has promised.

Eyrie
22-11-2013, 07:32 PM

Taiwo - 1 (v Motherwell)
Done - 1 (v Kilmarnock)
Deegan - 1 (v Aberdeen)

But to put that in perspective, we're less than a third of the way through the season. No reason to doubt that Craig will surpass that total of twelve on his own by next May.

JohnStephens91
22-11-2013, 08:17 PM
I maybe should have checked that. I was just trying to make the point that he's the goalscoring midfielder we've been after for ages.

To rephrase it in a more factual way he has scored 50% of last years total from midfield in well under half a season. It's perfectly possible that he could score another 6, particularly if the team becomes more attacking as butcher has promised.

That's better :greengrin

But to put that in perspective, we're less than a third of the way through the season. No reason to doubt that Craig will surpass that total of twelve on his own by next May.

I wasn't doubting Craig's ability to surpass the total, it was because the poster originally said that he scored more than last season's midfield in total which is factually incorrect. Although it should become a hibs.net fact, like the £150,000 for Griffiths

The Voice Of Reason
22-11-2013, 08:27 PM
I hope Terry Butcher makes Pa Kujabi the new captain.

A true colossus of a man and a born leader of men :agree:

Another inspired signing by "Paddy Boy" !!!!!

snooky
22-11-2013, 09:34 PM

Methinks "The Cattle Prodder" would be a good nickname for him.

Johnny Clash
23-11-2013, 09:00 AM
What we need is somebody who will be able to inspire his team mates on and off the pitch. He needs to have the ability to lead. I am confident that Terry will use his own experience to pick someone with a bit of guts.

Best captains are not always the team's best player. There's more to being a captain than tossing a coin at the start of every game and wearing an armband.

I also think captains should be trained. A good captain can make a big difference, especially when heads are down. So if we train players to take free kicks and throw ins (allegedly) then we should train our captain too. That extra effort could make a big difference.

SMAXXA
23-11-2013, 09:49 AM

What a pointless post :confused:

seven nowt
23-11-2013, 09:52 AM
What a pointless post :confused:

cheese on toast

H18sry
23-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Liam Craig has been selected to captain Hibernian for this afternoon's game :aok:

theonlywayisup
23-11-2013, 10:53 AM

Taiwo - 1 (v Motherwell)
Done - 1 (v Kilmarnock)
Deegan - 1 (v Aberdeen)

Bring back Spoony.

Will be pleased if it is Craig.

Hibiza
23-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Robertson :flag:

NOLA
23-11-2013, 10:59 AM

Kevin Thomson wouldn't be in the team if it was up to me so I'd go for liam Craig,

Phil D. Rolls
23-11-2013, 11:10 AM

That must make Terry's job easier.