PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Easter Road Clubhouse

RSS Bot
20-11-2013, 12:50 PM
New Pre-Match Hospitality Launched

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20131120/easter-road-clubhouse_2262950_3543550)

3pm
20-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Good idea. Hope it works.

ancient hibee
20-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Good idea-should extend it to a cash bar for an hour after the game.

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Still too highly priced in my opinion, as a ST holder I can't justify paying £25 just for scran before a game.

Cabbage East
20-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Still too highly priced in my opinion, as a ST holder I can't justify paying £25 just for scran before a game.

That's it. Same for walk ups, £28 sheets for an even quieter area of the ground and a pub scran before the game? No danger.

Islington Hibs
20-11-2013, 02:48 PM
I think it is pretty innovative. The corporate space is pretty empty most weeks and this seems a reasonable deal.

southsider
20-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Too late was the cry ! Just paid £272 to take the guys in my family to the corporate for pre-game lunch v St J. Ah well lets hope its a good scran, decent wine and a good game.

.Sean.
20-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Quite fancy this for a wee change actually, 30 quid is fairly reasonable.

Saorsa
20-11-2013, 04:59 PM
I actually like this idea, much more in line with my idea of a day at the fitba, nae need tae get over dressed, can sit in own seat, think I'll defo give this a try at some point. :thumbsup:

Kojock
20-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Not trying to p!55 on their parade but why is it so expensive, £25 for a two course lunch is way more than the average fan would be willing to pay.

Why not convert half the area downstairs in BTG to a pub style area with decent pub grub including a children's menu all at an affordable price.

Mikey
20-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Not trying to p!55 on their parade but why is it so expensive, £25 for a two course lunch is way more than the average fan would be willing to pay.

Why not convert half the area downstairs in BTG to a pub style area with decent pub grub including a children's menu all at an affordable price.

I suspect their target market is those who are happy to pay 25 quid extra for a different match day experience. Seems a decent way of trying to get some bums on those empty seats as they obviously aren't filling them with people who are willing to pay top whack for hospitality.

It's certainly worth a go.

Cameron1875
20-11-2013, 05:37 PM
£25 for some potato skins and a sandwich :confused:. I know there are other food options but pub grub shouldn't really cost that much.

Not sure why it costs an extra fiver for ST holder to move seat to west upper as well, views in the East stand will be just as good as West surely?!

Gatecrasher
20-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Not something I would do every week but seems no bad for a wee pint and something to eat.

Hibercelona
20-11-2013, 05:48 PM
It's as Butcher says. We're M&S-esque, not Tesco. You've got to cough up the premium. :agree:

OstKurve Hibs
20-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Am I reading that right , £50 for a non season ticket holder !!!???

Billy Whizz
20-11-2013, 06:02 PM

Yes, but I presume that includes your match ticket

Hibby Bairn
20-11-2013, 06:03 PM

Yes...that'll have them rolling along....:rotflmao:

Even at £25. Nah.

Hibby Bairn
20-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Yes, but I presume that includes your match ticket

That would make more sense BW.

Pretty Boy
20-11-2013, 06:29 PM
It's a good idea but maybe Hibs do need to have a wee look at how they are pricing this.

A soup and a sandwich in the Cafe Royal will set you back between £12 and £16 and a soup and burger about £17. That's decent pub grub in decent settings.

If Hibs priced this just a bit better i think demand would be high. £15 for ST sitting in their own seat, £20 for upgrade to West stand and £15 plus whatever a walk up ticket costs these days for non ST members.

These offers that have been appearing lately are a good idea though and hopefully they are a success.

Kojock
20-11-2013, 06:41 PM
I suspect their target market is those who are happy to pay 25 quid extra for a different match day experience. Seems a decent way of trying to get some bums on those empty seats as they obviously aren't filling them with people who are willing to pay top whack for hospitality.

It's certainly worth a go.

I agree Mikey it's worth a go. My gripe is that they are trying to entice the more affluent supporter and do nothing for the ordinary supporter. We have BTG where the food is limited, overpriced and crap. We should be taking the Wetherspoons approach. Drink and burger £7, or drink, burger and match ticket £30.

Ozyhibby
20-11-2013, 06:45 PM
It's a good idea but maybe Hibs do need to have a wee look at how they are pricing this.

A soup and a sandwich in the Cafe Royal will set you back between £12 and £16 and a soup and burger about £17. That's decent pub grub in decent settings.

If Hibs priced this just a bit better i think demand would be high. £15 for ST sitting in their own seat, £20 for upgrade to West stand and £15 plus whatever a walk up ticket costs these days for non ST members.

These offers that have been appearing lately are a good idea though and hopefully they are a success.

I agree with you the pricing is a bit high, you won't get Boozy entertaining you in cafe royal.

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-11-2013, 07:26 PM

Agreed 100%

Nothing here to tempt me I'm afraid, more overpriced nonsense for the ordinary football fan in the street. No doubt it will be 4 quid a pint as well.

Jonnyboy
20-11-2013, 08:18 PM
I agree Mikey it's worth a go. My gripe is that they are trying to entice the more affluent supporter and do nothing for the ordinary supporter. We have BTG where the food is limited, overpriced and crap. We should be taking the Wetherspoons approach. Drink and burger £7, or drink, burger and match ticket £30.

What if this were just the first in a set of new initiatives? I accept it wont suit everybody but feel it's a bit unfair to criticise when the aim is surely to offer something that's not currently available?

jabis
20-11-2013, 08:35 PM
paid £52 for a top tier seat at the Camp Nou,(yes yes I know !),£4 for a hotdog(massive)and a bottle of water !

I don't even support Barca :greengrin

so,as long as the football on offer keeps me optimistic,I may give it a try,to support my team :tbgwa:

bighairyfaeleith
20-11-2013, 08:45 PM
I'd pay the £25, not every week but for now and again, aye.

Kojock
20-11-2013, 09:33 PM
What if this were just the first in a set of new initiatives? I accept it wont suit everybody but feel it's a bit unfair to criticise when the aim is surely to offer something that's not currently available?

My critism is that they are catering for the minority how many ordinary supporters can afford twenty five quid for a two course meal.

Why not improve the catering facilities for the majority of less well off fans ?

As an aside in the current financial climate I can see people who would go for the full corporate package opting for the cheaper option.

Jonnyboy
20-11-2013, 09:35 PM
My critism is that they are catering for the minority how many ordinary supporters can afford twenty five quid for a two course meal.

Why not improve the catering facilities for the majority of less well off fans ?

As an aside in the current financial climate I can see people who would go for the full corporate package opting for the cheaper option.

I understand what you're saying but the Corporate Business Development Manager has only been in post a few weeks and I believe this initiative is only a starting point!

derek0762
20-11-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm booking it for four of us for the killie game 2 st holders & 2 non its all money to our club is the way I see it & a nice wee change going from the ffs to the posh seats in the west lol

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

GoldenEagle
20-11-2013, 09:44 PM
I think it's a good deal and I can see me booking as a wee Xmas pressie.

Personally I want Hibs to make money on this, there simply has to be a decent mark up to make it worthwhile IMO. Hibs and Scottish football, in general, are an emotional attachment and for the sake of a tenner here or there it's a good initiative.

Jones28
20-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Do you get a pint/free drink on arrival too? It is a bit pricey

copycat
21-11-2013, 08:58 AM
I think its a brilliant idea, definitely be trying it out, usually hit somewhere on leith walk or east end and its not that much cheaper if cheaper at all, rather gie ma money to the club, oh and meet the legend Boozy :not worth

Sammy7nil
21-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Quite fancy this for a wee change actually, 30 quid is fairly reasonable.

£30 for a fishcake with a burger and chips - Reasonable :confused:

Fancy buying a £10 note I am selling them for the reasonable price of ONLY £20 :wink:

I wrote to Hibs a few years back suggesting they do something like this at a reasonable price as an alternative to match day hospitality. I was thinking more along the lines of £15 for a what is a fairly basic 2 course meal, you will make your money at the bar.

Mikey
21-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Azure make the money at the bar!

spike220
21-11-2013, 11:31 AM
I'd pay the £25, not every week but for now and again, aye. It is a nice option to have.:agree:

StevieC
21-11-2013, 11:42 AM

I agree to an extent. In comparison to other possible venues it could be viewed as expensive, but as an occassional treat (and at a venue you are heading to anyway) the pricing isn't too bad.

It's certainly a step in the right direction, and I can see it being more successful than previously priced "hospitality" packages.

I suspect the biggest problem with doing this would be the inability for them to second guess how many people would turn up (and the potential food waste and loss that could be incurred).
Offering a pre-booked hospitality-style package gives them the ability to plan and ensure it's not a loss making venture.

StevieC
21-11-2013, 11:53 AM

Unfortunately the catering facilities are out of their hands .. at least until the current deal expires.

Football stadium food will always be second best and expensive, but I think that there will certainly be improvements in this area over the next couple of seasons.

Hedlund12
21-11-2013, 12:52 PM
I understand what you're saying but the Corporate Business Development Manager has only been in post a few weeks and I believe this initiative is only a starting point!

Well said JB - IMO this is a great initiative and well worth trying out...

Scouse Hibee
21-11-2013, 01:19 PM
I agree to an extent. In comparison to other possible venues it could be viewed as expensive, but as an occassional treat (and at a venue you are heading to anyway) the pricing isn't too bad.

It's certainly a step in the right direction, and I can see it being more successful than previously priced "hospitality" packages.

I suspect the biggest problem with doing this would be the inability for them to second guess how many people would turn up (and the potential food waste and loss that could be incurred).
Offering a pre-booked hospitality-style package gives them the ability to plan and ensure it's not a loss making venture.

No need for prior booking or massive planning to serve up decent priced pub grub on demand. Food waste is minimal as menus are designed accordingly.

Kojock
21-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Well said JB - IMO this is a great initiative and well worth trying out...

I agree that its a great initiative and I really hope it works out. Its just that the majority of supporters like myself wouldn't pay the asking price. However if there was a "pub" type restaurant with decent scran at an affordable price then I'm pretty sure it would be popular.

Hedlund12
21-11-2013, 04:02 PM
I agree that its a great initiative and I really hope it works out. Its just that the majority of supporters like myself wouldn't pay the asking price. However if there was a "pub" type restaurant with decent scran at an affordable price then I'm pretty sure it would be popular.

I hear what you are saying HSH - as JB pointed out the Corporate Development Business Manager is new to the job (and I believe - a fellow Hibs fan)
I attended hospitality a few weeks ago with my son - not something I can afford to do that often. I was impressed that Martin (the CDBM) emailed after the game asking for feedback.
I - like you - think there is a market for "affordable packages" at ER. Martin responded saying..."I am looking to change a number of things and options and already we are looking to offer a very bespoke and different alternative that is currently being offered...."

The club face some restrictions due to the costs incurred from caterers. They however are still looking at alternatives. Hopefully something will come up that you may consider.

Jonnyboy
21-11-2013, 07:50 PM
I hear what you are saying HSH - as JB pointed out the Corporate Development Business Manager is new to the job (and I believe - a fellow Hibs fan)
I attended hospitality a few weeks ago with my son - not something I can afford to do that often. I was impressed that Martin (the CDBM) emailed after the game asking for feedback.
I - like you - think there is a market for "affordable packages" at ER. Martin responded saying..."I am looking to change a number of things and options and already we are looking to offer a very bespoke and different alternative that is currently being offered...."

The club face some restrictions due to the costs incurred from caterers. They however are still looking at alternatives. Hopefully something will come up that you may consider.

Excellent! Positive feedback :aok:

SouthamptonHibs
21-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Good option offered by Hibs at a decent price, Normal pub grub around £12 to £18 for two courses, Hibs are charging £25 = any profit is going directly into the club. Something fans will likely do on a regular basis. I'll be looking to use it over Xmas.

oregonhibby
22-11-2013, 07:49 AM
John, as a Edinburgh Suite member at £1k per ticket, all I get is a pie and bun at half time and, sometimes, someone speaking. This offer is equivalent to that in terms of cost over the season. I am all up for new ideas and revenue generating stuff but they do need to think it through completely. The Club gets my money up front and less than a third of the way through the season they introduce something that will is of better value than mine - and those who take it up will likely sit right next to me!!

Jonnyboy
22-11-2013, 08:13 PM
John, as a Edinburgh Suite member at £1k per ticket, all I get is a pie and bun at half time and, sometimes, someone speaking. This offer is equivalent to that in terms of cost over the season. I am all up for new ideas and revenue generating stuff but they do need to think it through completely. The Club gets my money up front and less than a third of the way through the season they introduce something that will is of better value than mine - and those who take it up will likely sit right next to me!!

I feel your pain S, I really do :agree:

I know for a fact that the new Corporate Business Development Manager is a Hibs fan and reads this board so hopefully he'll take notice of your points