PDA

View Full Version : Proud of the Hibee Family

FranckSuzy
19-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Tonight, I was lucky enough to be invited to attend a function at the Parliament, hosted by the MSP Malcolm Chisholm, in aid of the Multi-Cultural Family Base, which supports Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) children. Both Hibs.net and Leith Links have supported this initiative by providing Kicks for Kids season tickets for them to use hence the invite. There was an array of speakers, from the Chief Exec. to the children who have benefited from their inclusion through football programme, Oh, and Gary Mackay....

Anyway, I digress :greengrin, the point is that Hibernian Football Club came out of the event with their head held high. From the coaching staff who help them out, to the community team who take sessions, to the Hibs Historical Trust, for taking the time to give the kids a tour round the stadium, to the Hibbies who said to the wee kids sitting next to them in the East to stand up and cheer 'their' team out (when it was their first time at ER and when they were feeling a wee bit excluded from society in general). Hibee family indeed :agree: The lady that takes the kids to the games said just that wee bit of kindness, that the guys probably don't even remember, meant the world to the kids and she could see their wee chest's swelling with Hibby pride :thumbsup: The recent article in the EEN about Leith Links provided the best quote ever about the difference going to the football makes to their lives, "one boy said it was the best day of his life and went to school on the Monday still clutching his ticket." :top marksGGTTH.

Jonnyboy
19-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Tonight, I was lucky enough to be invited to attend a function at the Parliament, hosted by the MSP Malcolm Chisholm, in aid of the Multi-Cultural Family Base, which supports Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) children. Both Hibs.net and Leith Links have supported this initiative by providing Kicks for Kids season tickets for them to use hence the invite. There was an array of speakers, from the Chief Exec. to the children who have benefitted from their inclusion through football programme, Oh, and Gary Mackay....

Anyway, I digress :greengrin, the point is that Hibernian Football Club came out of the event with their head held high. From the coaching staff who help them out, to the community team who take sessions, to the Hibs Historical Trust, for taking the time to give the kids a tour round the stadium, to the Hibbies who said to the wee kids sitting next to them in the East to stand up and cheer 'their' team out (when it was their first time at ER and when they were feeling a wee bit excluded from society in general). Hibee family indeed :agree: The lady that takes the kids to the games said just that wee bit of kindness, that the guys probably don't even remember, meant the world to the kids and she could see their wee chest's swelling with Hibby pride :thumbsup: The recent article in the EEN about Leith Links provided the best quote ever about the difference going to the football makes to their lives, "one boy said it was the best day of his life and went to school on the Monday still clutching his ticket." :top marksGGTTH.

Magnificent :thumbsup:

PatHead
19-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Tonight, I was lucky enough to be invited to attend a function at the Parliament, hosted by the MSP Malcolm Chisholm, in aid of the Multi-Cultural Family Base, which supports Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) children. Both Hibs.net and Leith Links have supported this initiative by providing Kicks for Kids season tickets for them to use hence the invite. There was an array of speakers, from the Chief Exec. to the children who have benefitted from their inclusion through football programme, Oh, and Gary Mackay....

Really wish Hibs would highlight the work they do in the community. So much work is done by the Hibs community but is almost a secret whilst Hearts fart in the distance of children and a positive spin is put on it. Did you meet Jennifer from SFA coaching? Had a meeting today, tell you about it when we next meet at LWT

Stax
19-11-2013, 09:18 PM

Quality

nonshinyfinish
19-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Really wish Hibs would highlight the work they do in the community. So much work is done by the Hibs community but is almost a secret whilst Hearts fart in the distance of children and a positive spin is put on it. Did you meet Jennifer from SFA coaching? Had a meeting today, tell you about it when we next meet at LWT

I can see the argument that a bit more publicity could be good to drive further donations etc., but overall I would say that Hibs not milking it for every drop of PR reflects well on their reasons for supporting these things in the first place.

FranckSuzy
19-11-2013, 09:40 PM

She was there K, but I didn't get a chance to speak to her. I was too busy trying to get Malky to attend the headstone unveiling for Big G :greengrin Have to say that Spartans really come up trumps too, providing free football coaching for the kids, from 4-6pm Mon-Fri :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
19-11-2013, 09:43 PM
I can see the argument that a bit more publicity could be good to drive further donations etc., but overall I would say that Hibs not milking it for every drop of PR reflects well on their reasons for supporting these things in the first place.

:agree: It would appear that those who need to know what Hibs can provide, do already. Oh, and Willie Kirk was there too, the Hibs Community coach :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-11-2013, 09:44 PM
I remember reading the quote about the wee man and his ticket on the Monday, brought a wee lump to my throat, applause to those involved.

PatHead
19-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Not looking on Hibs milking it but just making sure that community groups are aware of the benefits of being part of the "family" and how their groups could benefit, There was an post on Hibs.net moaning that we never give tickets away. We do but don't publicise it and therefore groups miss out and do not apply meanwhile Hearts parade the cup around primary schools, charge children for a photo and get praised in local press. There has to be a balance

Leithenhibby
19-11-2013, 09:50 PM

Marvellous stuff FS.... :aok:

FranckSuzy
19-11-2013, 09:52 PM
I remember reading the quote about the wee man and his ticket on the Monday, brought a wee lump to my throat, applause to those involved.

:agree:

FranckSuzy
19-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Not looking on Hibs milking it but just making sure that community groups are aware of the benefits of being part of the "family" and how their groups could benefit, There was an post on Hibs.net moaning that we never give tickets away. We do but don't publicise it and therefore groups miss out and do not apply meanwhile Hearts parade the cup around primary schools, charge children for a photo and get praised in local press. There has to be a balance

I know what you're saying K but I don't think that groups do miss out as those who could be a part of this initiative are and Hibs, Sue Mclernon in particular, are very proactive in this area. Saying that, if you know of any groups who you think could benefit, please let me know and I'll contact Sue :aok:

Saorsa
19-11-2013, 10:12 PM

Anyway, I digress :greengrin, the point is that Hibernian Football Club came out of the event with their head held high. From the coaching staff who help them out, to the community team who take sessions, to the Hibs Historical Trust, for taking the time to give the kids a tour round the stadium, to the Hibbies who said to the wee kids sitting next to them in the East to stand up and cheer 'their' team out (when it was their first time at ER and when they were feeling a wee bit excluded from society in general). Hibee family indeed :agree: The lady that takes the kids to the games said just that wee bit of kindness, that the guys probably don't even remember, meant the world to the kids and she could see their wee chest's swelling with Hibby pride :thumbsup: The recent article in the EEN about Leith Links provided the best quote ever about the difference going to the football makes to their lives, "one boy said it was the best day of his life and went to school on the Monday still clutching his ticket." :top marksGGTTH.Excellent stuff Suzy :thumbsup:

I'd like tae pass on the congratulations of the Geriatric Child Haters Society (GCHS). :agree:

Of which I am the only member :greengrin

Stantons Angel
19-11-2013, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=PatHead;3812403]Really wish Hibs would highlight the work they do in the community. So much work is done by the Hibs community but is almost a secret whilst Hearts fart in the distance of children and a positive spin is put on it. Did you meet Jennifer from SFA coaching? Had a meeting today, tell you about it when we next meet at LWT[/

i have to bring your attention to the regular update on this site, from the club that lays out the continual support Hibs give to the community.

For a long time before our neighbors jumped on the bandwagon Hibs were giving out season tickets to underprivileged kids groups in the Leith and surrounding areas.

We had the Hibs kids years before any other team brought in their "junior" clubs too.

The official site has details of all the community involvement and the Hibernian Learning Center has won awards for the work they do with the long term unemployed on the track of offering computer courses, writing CVs, they also have Educational visits to the stadium by local schools etc. The list goes on and on.

The Kick for Kids scheme is a continual running season to season process and the poster has probably heard from one of the groups who have taken up the clubs offer of tickets for games.

The Community Foundation also run classes based around fitness and nutrition for both male and females along with the Fit fans clubs.

So you will see that the club does issue information on its work in the community, new courses where advertised just recently in the Evening News. This is only part of the work the club has been doing in the community prior to the setting up of the recent fan based groups

We are perhaps guilty of only looking at the football side of things of our club and letting other things the club is involved in slip through our memory.

I hope you have found this information interesting and helpful to you.

Pretty Boy
19-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Tonight, I was lucky enough to be invited to attend a function at the Parliament, hosted by the MSP Malcolm Chisholm, in aid of the Multi-Cultural Family Base, which supports Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) children. Both Hibs.net and Leith Links have supported this initiative by providing Kicks for Kids season tickets for them to use hence the invite. There was an array of speakers, from the Chief Exec. to the children who have benefited from their inclusion through football programme, Oh, and Gary Mackay....

Fantastic stuff.

The whole Hibs family should be proud of this. Special well done to you S, although i'm sure you'll be too modest to want a fuss made. Your work with Leith Links and various other bits and pieces over the last wee while has been second to none.

FranckSuzy
19-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Fantastic stuff.

The whole Hibs family should be proud of this. Special well done to you S, although i'm sure you'll be too modest to want a fuss made. Your work with Leith Links and various other bits and pieces over the last wee while has been second to none.

Cheers S :aok: Watch this space for the next scranning extravaganza :greengrin

Haymaker
19-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Cheers S :aok: Watch this space for the next scranning extravaganza :greengrin

Has she replied?!

:greengrin

FranckSuzy
20-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Has she replied?!

:greengrin

No! Grr ;)

FranckSuzy
20-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Lorraine from MCFB has asked me to post this on her behalf -

"Hi Amazing Hibs supporters,

I would like to express my heartfelt thanks for your generosity in providing us with tickets for the matches and your kindness in supporting the children to become part of the footballing family.

If you happen to find yourself sitting behind us or in front of us in the East stand please speak to us, the children love it and I am sure your technical footballing knowledge is far greater than mine, I still don't understand this off side rule thing!!

Lorraine."

:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
20-11-2013, 09:24 PM

I would like to express my heartfelt thanks for your generosity in providing us with tickets for the matches and your kindness in supporting the children to become part of the footballing family.

If you happen to find yourself sitting behind us or in front of us in the East stand please speak to us, the children love it and I am sure your technical footballing knowledge is far greater than mine, I still don't understand this off side rule thing!!

Lorraine."

Superb :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
20-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Superb :thumbsup:

:agree: Back to our roots :thumbsup: If anyone would like to find out more about MCFB, please see here (http://www.mcfb.org.uk/football.html)

hibees59
20-11-2013, 11:14 PM

Lorraine."

Is Lorraine a referee?

hibbymick
20-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Is Lorraine a referee?

:tee hee: