PDA

View Full Version : Who will replace Butcher at ICT? (merged)

Golden Bear
14-11-2013, 06:10 PM
According to Radio Scotland.

Ah well the man is out of work so why not?

Gettin' Auld
14-11-2013, 06:12 PM
The 'serial throttler' Davie Weir might fancy that gig too?

sambajustice
14-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Inverscnekie fowk ken whits gaun oan!

Robinho08
14-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Seems a bit harsh that he got sacked by Hartlepool.

snooky
14-11-2013, 06:56 PM

He were bludey lukey he weren't a moonkee ...... :dead:

Sudds_1
14-11-2013, 06:59 PM

when did that happen? must have missed it............

Squealing pig
14-11-2013, 07:09 PM
He would b a good manager 4 calley

SkintHibby
14-11-2013, 07:15 PM

How do you work that one out?:confused:

Phil D. Rolls
14-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Sure he will give it a right good go. Poisoned chalice though, I'm thinking of the Damned United.

Weststandwanab
14-11-2013, 08:33 PM

Ah well the man is out of work so why not? More chance of Yogi getting a pint of Caley !

Robinho08
14-11-2013, 08:46 PM
when did that happen? must have missed it............

I missed it too, just wiki'd him. He got manager of the month but they still got relegated.

IanM
14-11-2013, 09:14 PM
John Robertson was interviewed for the role last Friday.From what I've heard his interview went really well. Paddy power were the only bookies to offer a price 12/1

Paisley Hibby
14-11-2013, 09:25 PM

Ah well the man is out of work so why not?

All they said was that Yogi is interested in the job. That'll be true of most unemployed managers. However Yogi has always been one of the guys that the Sportsound team likes because he's good for a quote. Nowt more to it than that I'll wager.

Borderhibbie76
14-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Yogi wud luv it....ICT have a "right good bunch o lads"

IWasThere2016
14-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Shiels/Nicoll mare likely IMHO

RIP Bestie
15-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Aye. Maybe gie us a chance of beating them

hibeemikey21
15-11-2013, 12:25 AM
John Robertson was interviewed for the role last Friday.From what I've heard his interview went really well. Paddy power were the only bookies to offer a price 12/1

Those are very good odds! Still lives up there too, does he not?

mca
15-11-2013, 01:15 AM
The 'serial throttler' Davie Weir might fancy that gig too?

Think he was called the " Govan-Strangler " - and i reckon he will get the job.. because of all his experience of scottish fitba.. just like terry has eh ??

Davy the leg and neck breaker - kens as much about scottish fitba and scottish players etc and the up coming lads etc .. it makes sense for the cally to unbatter his dented pride with a few free fish-suppers .. :greengrin

Jones28
15-11-2013, 01:20 AM
They could make worse appointments, but Sheils and Nichol is more likely I think.

(((Fergus)))
15-11-2013, 04:08 AM
That would be adding insult to injury

Squealing pig
15-11-2013, 06:38 AM
How do you work that one out?:confused:

Good team, good bunch of lads, yogi will fit right in . .

bandylegs_jLeighton
15-11-2013, 07:24 AM
I think Yogi would do alright there.

Time to put oan the boiler suits lads and I'll get sprinkling ma gold dust.

IanM
15-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Those are very good odds! Still lives up there too, does he not?

Very good odds since it was him that had said his interview went really well :greengrin nothing wrong with being bullish after an interview i guess but it got a few quid from me.

As far as I know he does still abide up yon highlands

AgentDaleCooper
15-11-2013, 04:15 PM
i think yogi would ruin caley. i don't know how he got on at hartlepool, but when he came to hibs, falkirk fans warned us of one thing - that when things are good with yogi, they're good, but when they turn bad, they tend to stay that way. i think our current malaise is traceable back to his time here. i don't know how he did it, but he really seemed to drive us into the ground and erode confidence somehow (i suppose managing to draw a game when you're 4 up with 20 minutes to play goes a long way to this sort of thing...).

personally i hope they don't go for hughes, as i like what they have to offer (except when we're playing them). hughes would turned them into a caricature of themselves.

hibees 7062
15-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Potter is top of their want pole

Billy Whizz
15-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Good luck to Yogi, don't hold any resentment against him. A former Hibs captain as well.
We do like to kick our own

Bobby's Cinema
15-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Good luck to Yogi, don't hold any resentment against him. A former Hibs captain as well.
We do like to kick our own
:agree: Hope he gets back in the game somewhere soon

hibby rae
15-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Yogi wud luv it....ICT have a "right good bunch o lads"

"There's goals in the team."

EVENTUALLY
15-11-2013, 06:10 PM

God help them.

Borderhibbie76
15-11-2013, 07:04 PM

If u were an ICT fan that would bring a tear to a glass eye :)

jdships
15-11-2013, 07:21 PM
i think yogi would ruin caley. i don't know how he got on at hartlepool, but when he came to hibs, falkirk fans warned us of one thing - that when things are good with yogi, they're good, but when they turn bad, they tend to stay that way. i think our current malaise is traceable back to his time here. i don't know how he did it, but he really seemed to drive us into the ground and erode confidence somehow (i suppose managing to draw a game when you're 4 up with 20 minutes to play goes a long way to this sort of thing...).

personally i hope they don't go for hughes, as i like what they have to offer (except when we're playing them). hughes would turned them into a caricature of themselves.

Interesting what you say !
Spoke on Wednesday with an ex Hibs player who was at ER when Yogi was around
Say more or less the same thing - " Yogi was great fun to work with but had no plan B . If things weren't working he lost the plot "
Ties in with your remarks

:rolleyes:

edwards
15-11-2013, 07:27 PM
I personaly wish Yogi all the best should he get the job :aok:

RoYO!
15-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Think John Collins would be a good fit for them

weonlywon6-2
15-11-2013, 08:35 PM

Robbo would be a good manager for them again

weonlywon6-2
15-11-2013, 08:37 PM
I personaly wish Yogi all the best should he get the job :aok:

I wish there was a job at Hibs for yogi as he is a massive hibby and would only promote the club in a good way
Big charachter in the game and i feel he is missed

silverhibee
16-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Robbo would be a good manager for them again

My money is on PH getting the job up North. :cb

Hibbyradge
16-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Think John Collins would be a good fit for them

If the ICT players are already as professional as reports suggest, you could well be right.

Hibbyradge
16-11-2013, 11:36 AM
My money is on PH getting the job up North. :cb

Houston or Hartley?

What odds did you get?

Edit: Chris Sutton is favourite now!

silverhibee
16-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Houston or Hartley?

What odds did you get?

Edit: Chris Sutton is favourite now!

Chatbox folk ken whits goan on :greengrin

Hibbyradge
16-11-2013, 12:17 PM

So your money's not on him at all! :na na:

sleeping giant
16-11-2013, 12:39 PM
Good luck to the big guy.

Phil D. Rolls
16-11-2013, 01:59 PM

Half the statistics on the Internet are made up anyway. (By Hearts fans, I believe).

jacomo
19-11-2013, 01:04 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/rumour-mill-scotland-celtic-craig-levein-1-3193622

Craig Levein has declined the opportunity to speak to Inverness Caledonian Thistle over taking over at the Highlands club. Inverness are searching for a new manager following the departure of Terry Butcher, who signed a deal to replace Pat Fenlon at Hibernian earlier this month. Former Scotland manager Levein, who has been out of work since being sacked in November 2012, has been touted as a leading candidate at Inverness, but Levein has turned down Inverness’ overtures. Chris Sutton, Billy Reid, Gus McPherson, John Hughes and Csaba Laszlo have all expressed an interest in the role. (Press & Journal)

Aye right!

monktonharp
19-11-2013, 01:06 PM
ICT fans got off lightly there then.

Hal Jordan
19-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Dodged a bullet? Dodged a thermonuclear warhead mair like.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-11-2013, 01:24 PM
The man has Hearts managerial appointment written all over him...

Scorrie
19-11-2013, 01:26 PM
The man has Hearts managerial appointment written all over him...

Aye and they're welcome to him. Look forward to Hearts playing with nae strikers in games in the Championship!

Billy Whizz
19-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Good PR for him and why does he have to go to press over this.
Dislike this man

HibbyAndy
19-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Good PR for him

Hearts ****

hibbymick
19-11-2013, 01:36 PM
I would like to see Csaba Laszlo get the job. I always thought he come over as a decent bloke.

MB62
19-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Dodged a bullet? Dodged a thermonuclear warhead mair like.

As did we.
Just heard this morning that a certain ex manager of ours was asked on the day P.F. resigned, if he would be interested in taking over again. When he found out there was no budget left for players he turned the offer down and is now looking at Norway as an option for his next eff up in the managers seat.

Pretty Boy
19-11-2013, 01:37 PM
If i was an Inverness fan i'd be very worried reading that list of managers linked with the job.

JimBHibees
19-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Good PR for him and why does he have to go to press over this.
Dislike this man

Agree announcing that just screams classless. Probably wasnt true anyway.

The Sea-gull
19-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Where does Levein really go now?

Probably not going to get a big job in England for now. Not going to get the Old Firm. Won't ever want to go to or be wanted at Hibs. Sounds like he sees himself above the likes of ICT. Suspect the only Scottish jobs he'd look at are Aberdeen, Dundee United or Hearts. The first two look well sorted with their managers though things can change so it leaves the Yams who he may go to if he can get a bit of control. He will fancy himself as the man to turn them around.

Beyond that, he might have jossle with Big Eck for "out the box" jobs in Norway and the like.

Hibs7
19-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Chris Sutton would be an interesting appointment ... Don't know if he has had any experience anywhere else though ? !

Ps. Levein is finished at a decent level... Screwed up big time with Scotland..!!

Jack
19-11-2013, 02:06 PM
As did we.
Just heard this morning that a certain ex manager of ours was asked on the day P.F. resigned, if he would be interested in taking over again. When he found out there was no budget left for players he turned the offer down and is now looking at Norway as an option for his next eff up in the managers seat.

None of that actually makes sense. Or am I missing something?

Potter was only quoted by the press as a candidate, I'm sure only to wind up our support and I'm fairly certain he's on record as saying that under no circumstances would he consider the Hibs job.

It was a non starter.

I'd love, if it were untrue for ICT to come out and say so. It would show the nomark prick for what he is.

And who asked the ex-manager? In hindsight there wasn't even so much sniff at anytime during the process it didn't appear that Butcher was the only name on the Hibs list.

I suppose we'll find out just how truthful you statement is when TB starts signing players, although he said on Monday he's a tad bemused at having so many players on the books.

JimBHibees
19-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Chris Sutton would be an interesting appointment ... Don't know if he has had any experience anywhere else though ? !

Ps. Levein is finished at a decent level... Screwed up big time with Scotland..!!

Think he failed at Lincoln.

Hiber-nation
19-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Latest odds....http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/inverness-caledonian-thistle/next-permanent-manager

The 500/1 for Bazza the hun with Paddy Power is bollox...it's for Sir Alex Ferguson!

Nevi_SOL
19-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Latest odds....http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/inverness-caledonian-thistle/next-permanent-manager

The 500/1 for Bazza the hun with Paddy Power is bollox...it's for Sir Alex Ferguson!

just seen on that colin Calderwood is 33/1 haha wow. Inverness:na na:

jacomo
19-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Where does Levein really go now?

Probably not going to get a big job in England for now. Not going to get the Old Firm. Won't ever want to go to or be wanted at Hibs. Sounds like he sees himself above the likes of ICT. Suspect the only Scottish jobs he'd look at are Aberdeen, Dundee United or Hearts. The first two look well sorted with their managers though things can change so it leaves the Yams who he may go to if he can get a bit of control. He will fancy himself as the man to turn them around.

Beyond that, he might have jossle with Big Eck for "out the box" jobs in Norway and the like.

He certainly seems to think he's above applying for ICT. They have said they are conducting interviews next week, so why not see what they have to say?

Either ICT aren't interested or Levein is affronted that they didn't just offer him the job immediately.

MB62
19-11-2013, 02:51 PM
None of that actually makes sense. Or am I missing something?

Potter was only quoted by the press as a candidate, I'm sure only to wind up our support and I'm fairly certain he's on record as saying that under no circumstances would he consider the Hibs job.

It was a non starter.

I'd love, if it were untrue for ICT to come out and say so. It would show the nomark prick for what he is.

And who asked the ex-manager? In hindsight there wasn't even so much sniff at anytime during the process it didn't appear that Butcher was the only name on the Hibs list.

I suppose we'll find out just how truthful you statement is when TB starts signing players, although he said on Monday he's a tad bemused at having so many players on the books.

Apparently Rod was the man who made the phone call.
TBH, whilst it came from someone very close to Ginger Lexo, I don't know him that well, in as much as he might have just said it for conversation purposes. Actually, I had asked him if GL had been interested in the job and that was his reply as previously mentioned.
Don't know how much truth is in it but don't see any reason for him to lie, don't think he has done in the past.

Regardless of how much truth is in it, I'm delighted we dodged that thermonuclear warhead and have T.B. safely installed as our manager.
Apologies for hijacking the thread, what ICT do is up to them.

Heisenberg
26-11-2013, 02:04 PM
@STVRaman: Inverness make their move. STV has learned they've approached Alloa to speak to Paul Hartley over manager's position. More soon.

givescotlandfreedom
26-11-2013, 02:20 PM
@STVRaman: Inverness make their move. STV has learned they've approached Alloa to speak to Paul Hartley over manager's position. More soon.

Hope Alloa are awkward with them :)

yerauldda
26-11-2013, 03:20 PM
If Hartley does indeed get the ICT job it could really make Hibs v Inverness a spicy fixture in the absence of Hearts next year with us having poached their whole managment team.

SaulGoodman
26-11-2013, 03:21 PM
That's disgusting how ICT have tapped Alloas manager like that :duck: