PDA

View Full Version : NHC Atrincham game cancelled after 83 mins when 2 up replay ordered

JimBHibees
19-11-2013, 11:02 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24989749

Interesting story about a team being 2 up in the FA trophy after 83 mins, ref gets injured and the losing team refuse 2 requests for other officials. Think the replay will be tasty.

Purple & Green
19-11-2013, 12:20 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24989749

Interesting story about a team being 2 up in the FA trophy after 83 mins, ref gets injured and the losing team refuse 2 requests for other officials. Think the replay will be tasty.

It seems a peculiarly British thing to replay abandoned games in full - many countries on the continent just continue from where they left off. I think that's fairer myself.

frazeHFC
19-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Really unfair on them. :agree: Should just be last 7 mins they play.

monktonharp
19-11-2013, 12:23 PM
It seems a peculiarly British thing to replay abandoned games in full - many countries on the continent just continue from where they left off. I think that's fairer myself. what? the last 7 mins/ how much is it to get in?:confused::confused:

Green Man
19-11-2013, 12:35 PM
what? the last 7 mins/ how much is it to get in?:confused::confused:

7/90 of the normal price?

JimBHibees
19-11-2013, 01:06 PM
It seems a peculiarly British thing to replay abandoned games in full - many countries on the continent just continue from where they left off. I think that's fairer myself.

In this instance it would be difficult to argue given that one of the teams had such an obvious lead with only a few minutes left.

eastterrace
19-11-2013, 05:55 PM
happened to us against celtic, we were 2-0 up, with about 10 mins to play and the fog came down ref abandoned the game. mind alec edwards giving the jungle the vickies

linlithgowhibbie
19-11-2013, 06:21 PM
happened to us against celtic, we were 2-0 up, with about 10 mins to play and the fog came down ref abandoned the game. mind alec edwards giving the jungle the vickies

And hundreds of Celtic fans decided to enter the field of play too just to help the ref make up his mind. No thought given to having a 10 mins break to see if the fog lifted( which it did!!) 1-1 in the rematch

HH81
19-11-2013, 06:36 PM
A fair thing might be for the home team to let Alty walk the ball into the net twice then play on as normal for the rest of the 90?

maturehibby
19-11-2013, 06:50 PM
And hundreds of Celtic fans decided to enter the field of play too just to help the ref make up his mind. No thought given to having a 10 mins break to see if the fog lifted( which it did!!) 1-1 in the rematch

Dont mind seeing you there but then again it was Foggy (sorry Brian ) could not resist it

Ritchie
20-11-2013, 08:10 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25011155

they won 2-0 :thumbsup:

HibbySpurs
20-11-2013, 09:30 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25011155

they won 2-0 :thumbsup:

Justice done then:greengrin

It's not very sporting but all the other team did was use the rules to their advantage, they knew at 83 minutes they needed a miracle to keep their chance alive, one was presented when the ref did himself a misfortune so their manager took it to give his team a second bite at the cherry, had anyone else been in his position the temptation to do likewise would be overwhelming I would have thought.

It's abit like tax avoidance, it's not right but that doesnt make it wrong either......

Ritchie
20-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Justice done then:greengrin

It's not very sporting but all the other team did was use the rules to their advantage, they knew at 83 minutes they needed a miracle to keep their chance alive, one was presented when the ref did himself a misfortune so their manager took it to give his team a second bite at the cherry, had anyone else been in his position the temptation to do likewise would be overwhelming I would have thought.

It's abit like tax avoidance, it's not right but that doesnt make it wrong either......

Colwyn Bay play in Maroon (& blue :wink:)..... coincidence? :lolyam:

zlatan
20-11-2013, 11:02 AM

Very vague recollections of Real Madrid resuming against Valencia from a corner for the last few minutes of a game about ten years ago. I might be making it up but Zidane took the corner, Real scored and held out.

That would be a very vivid recollection of making something up though? Where am I?

jgl07
20-11-2013, 11:11 AM
There was the notorious 1961 Fourth Round FA Cup Tie between Luton and Manchester City which was abandoned after 69 minutes with City leading 6-2 (six goals for Denis Law). The pitch was bad throughout and many reckoned it was no worse at the time of the abandonment. The match was replayed the following Wednesday when according to Law the pitch was even worse and Luton won 3-1 with Law scoring again.