PDA

View Full Version : Foran signs.....

Jim44
19-11-2013, 07:56 AM
..... three and a half year deal with ITC. Pity, as I thought Butcher might have tried to lure him to ER to give us a bit of experiemce. To be fair, it's refreshing to see a player showing a bit of loyalty to his club.

CallumLaidlaw
19-11-2013, 07:59 AM
I can imagine the uproar if we'd signed a 33yr old

GordonHFC
19-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Bit of a gamble signing a 33 year old on a 3 year contract.

down-the-slope
19-11-2013, 09:00 AM
No gamble given the way he strolled against us - also MM said he did big part of team talk before they played us, and he has been been vocal in press about no rush to sign new manager...can see him player coach / player asst manager...in due course so maybe just part of ensuring that and some continuity

Geo_1875
19-11-2013, 10:10 AM
He may be a big player for them but I think they've over-reacted in giving him a 3 year contract at his age. Will cost them fortunes if they sign every player on long contracts to avoid losing them.

jacomo
19-11-2013, 10:13 AM
No gamble given the way he strolled against us - also MM said he did big part of team talk before they played us, and he has been been vocal in press about no rush to sign new manager...can see him player coach / player asst manager...in due course so maybe just part of ensuring that and some continuity

:agree:

Seems Foran will get more involved with coaching at ICT so three contract no doubt with this in mind.

The Sea-gull
19-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Foran might have done a job for us as a quick fix but not the end of the world he is not coming.

Good deal for him at his age. Been there 5 years so imagine he is well settled and from my experience of being up there or there abouts the Inverness area looks a cracking place to live and is only going to get better. Fastest growing area in UK or something like that I read/heard somewhere - sorry no sauce for where I got that :wink:

Argylehibby
19-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Interesting timing! You would expect the new manager who ever that may be to decide if RFwas to be kept on or not and the talk of him being coach / asst manager also supposes / suggests the new man isn't getting to bring in his own backroom team.

jdships
19-11-2013, 02:47 PM
:agree:

Seems Foran will get more involved with coaching at ICT so three contract no doubt with this in mind.

Heard that also albeit from Dingwall !!!!!!!!!!!!!:greengrin
RC had had a chat .