PDA

View Full Version : Kris Boyd called up to the Scotland squad

AllyF
17-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Kris Boyd.

KRIS BOYD! :brickwall

Leigh has tweeted:

"Gutted with 3 call offs I ain't got called up to the squad, just need to keep head down and work even harder...#Scotland #doublefigures"

SteveHFC
17-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Wolves play on Tuesday in the FA Cup :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-11-2013, 03:54 PM
If true, this is a shocker. Picking the past over the future.

Pretty Boy
17-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Sure he's not available due to club commitments.

Edit - Beaten to it.

bingo70
17-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Tbh Griffiths has looked way out his depth when he's played for Scotland imo.

Maybe one day he'll be good enough for that level but I'm not sure he is now.

Del Boy
17-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Armstrong from united also called up

patlowe
17-11-2013, 05:22 PM

Would go along with that but would add that he's had to play against some top sides and in a role which requires great intelligence and awareness, eg the Kenny Miller role. I'm optimistic that under Strachan we are beginning to play in a way which will allow off the cuff players like Griffiths to flourish but at this point in time it's a tough shift up there against teams like Croatia/Belgium and I'm not convinced there are that many guys available who could do it outwith Fletcher and arguably Naismith.

Bishop Hibee
17-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Boyd is a joke. I'd much rather Stevie May was promoted to the full squad than that big blob.

Why would Griffiths tweet if Strachan wasn't blanking him? Surely it's a conversation that Strachan or McGhee should have had with Griiffiths before the squad for both friendlies was announced. Also strange that Wallace was called up ahead of Bardsley.

It was a decent performance against the U.S. on Friday and I expect a draw or better v Norway as long as there aren't too many enforced changes.

weonlywon6-2
17-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Kris Boyd.

KRIS BOYD! :brickwall

Leigh has tweeted:

"Gutted with 3 call offs I ain't got called up to the squad, just need to keep head down and work even harder...#Scotland #doublefigures"

Leigh is not that good anyway.not playing regularily for Wolves as well.
Maybe needs a fresh start and a termination of contract at Wolves

I know a club that would be interested !!!

Iggy Pope
17-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Boyd is a joke. I'd much rather Stevie May was promoted to the full squad than that big blob.

Why would Griffiths tweet if Strachan wasn't blanking him? Surely it's a conversation that Strachan or McGhee should have had with Griiffiths before the squad for both friendlies was announced. Also strange that Wallace was called up ahead of Bardsley.

It was a decent performance against the U.S. on Friday and I expect a draw or better v Norway as long as there aren't too many enforced changes.

A question many of us have been asking for some time.

MWHIBBIES
17-11-2013, 05:42 PM

I know a club that would be interested !!!16 out of their 20 games Leigh has played in, so yes he is playing regularly.

Hibercelona
17-11-2013, 05:44 PM

I know a club that would be interested !!!

:agree:

He's overrated anyway. There's a club where he could find his level again however.

Hiber-nation
17-11-2013, 06:00 PM

He's overrated anyway. There's a club where he could find his level again however.

Did you watch Hibs last season?

No complaints that Leigh is not in the squad but to bring in Boyd is just staggering.

HibbySpurs
17-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Boyd called up for Scotland? Hearts will be pleased, that's another international they'll be signing in January then hahahahaha...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Hibs Class
17-11-2013, 06:11 PM

No complaints that Leigh is not in the squad but to bring in Boyd is just staggering.

:agree: You'd have thought we would be building for the euros rather than looking backwards.

Dashing Bob S
17-11-2013, 06:17 PM

Boyd has looked out of his depth in anywhere but the chip shop queue for the last 2-3 years.

Pretty Boy
17-11-2013, 06:42 PM

Yep.

Guys rubbish. Wolves should cut their losses and let him come back to Hibs with his tail between his legs. He might be worth a gamble.

silverhibee
17-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Boyd has looked out of his depth in anywhere but the chip shop queue for the last 2-3 years.

Hate to say it Bob but i would have Boyd ahead of any of our strikers right now, 6 goals in 11 league games for killie this season, folk may think he is fat and lazy, but he know's where the back of the net is, that's what counts at the end of the day, our whole team have scored 9 goals in these 11 league games. :greengrin

Agree he shouldn't be getting a call up, the lad May from St Js should have got the call up, silly decision by Strachan.

hfc rd
17-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Very surprised. If their was to be any striker getting a call up and who is on form just now, it should have either been Stevie May or Leigh Griffiths.

weonlywon6-2
17-11-2013, 07:19 PM
16 out of their 20 games Leigh has played in, so yes he is playing regularly.

It was a tongue in cheek post !!!

Hibernia Na Eir
17-11-2013, 07:21 PM
this will really help the national team get to the next Euros.

NOT.

weonlywon6-2
17-11-2013, 07:22 PM

A whoosh moment by any chance??????

jdships
17-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Putting aside everything else : is picking Boyd the way forward ?
He will be 31 at seasons end has been "tried and found guilty" at international level more than many of greater ability
Surely this is the type of game to give a young striker a shout - No ?

:rolleyes:

Hiber-nation
17-11-2013, 07:27 PM
A whoosh moment by any chance??????

Wasn't replying to you but probably.

EK_Hibs
17-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Appalling decision by Strachan.
Nothing more to say really.

mca
17-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Appalling decision by Strachan.
Nothing more to say really.

I ken he is supposed to be a hibee - But Why Do i get the feeling that wee gordon hates hibs or ex-hibs players ??? :dunno:

maybe Hate is a strong word.. but i get the feeling he aint as much a hibby as some folks want to think.. = just my opinion by the way :greengrin

Jonnyboy
17-11-2013, 09:41 PM
I ken he is supposed to be a hibee - But Why Do i get the feeling that wee gordon hates hibs or ex-hibs players ??? :dunno:

maybe Hate is a strong word.. but i get the feeling he aint as much a hibby as some folks want to think.. = just my opinion by the way :greengrin

He's a manager and who he supports and how strongly he supports them is irrelevant. He picks who he thinks is best, hence ex Hibs players Brown, Whittaker and Fletcher starting the last game!

poolman
17-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Leigh is totally gash as a footballer

Maybe TB should ask him to come and be a squad player though

Surely Wolves don't want him any longer

Hibercelona
17-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Leigh is totally gash as a footballer

Maybe TB should ask him to come and be a squad player though

Surely Wolves don't want him any longer

I'm sure if we offer to take him off their hands for a small fee, they'd be quite happy to oblige. :agree:

basehibby
17-11-2013, 10:29 PM
While I understand Leigh's disappointment and rate him very highly, I think Boyd offers something very different - he's a crafty poacher type player who has a great knack of getting himself into scoring positions and I can understand Strachan wanting to get him involved as a different kind of option.

Leigh has bags of natural talent and if he keeps his head down and keeps banging the goals in then I don't think Strachan will ignore him - would be beneficial if he got his team back to playing at Championship level though where he'll have the opportunity to play against better players - his lack of high level game time told a bit in the few caps he's had so far as he struggled to impress himself on the game.

Hibbyradge
17-11-2013, 10:38 PM
He's a manager and who he supports and how strongly he supports them is irrelevant. He picks who he thinks is best, hence ex Hibs players Brown, Whittaker and Fletcher starting the last game!

I've been impressed with the way Strachan has rejuvenated the National team so far, so I'm happy to trust his judgement.

mca
17-11-2013, 11:17 PM

Fair play... never thought of it that way.. But - How many of our current squad - have been or could be added to the Scotland squad ?? - and who picks all the hearts players for the the Scotland - under something of other of age !!! its becoming a regular thing all this under age hearts cans... :greengrin missed the t

Nevi_SOL
18-11-2013, 06:17 AM
I'm sure if we offer to take him off their hands for a small fee, they'd be quite happy to oblige. :agree:

150k was the latest I heard ;)

Jim44
18-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Griffiths will be playing in the Championship for good money next year. I presume the references to a return to ER are tongue in cheek.

GlenrothesHibee
18-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Boyd is playing and scoring in the Premiership. Leigh is very talented but playing at a lower level.

PISTOL1875
18-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Kris Boyd has scored 6 goals in 11 matches , Wolves have a game on Tuesday night in the FA Cup..

Wee Chesney has said he will try a 4-4-2 formation in the future. Two forward's that include a poacher (Boyd) and A N other who will do all the donkey work.

Posters need to look at the facts and explore the bigger picture before throwing there toys out the pram..

Sir David Gray
18-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Boyd is playing and scoring in the Premiership. Leigh is very talented but playing at a lower level.

Lower than the level Lee Wallace is currently playing at? :confused:

PISTOL1875
18-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Lower than the level Lee Wallace is currently playing at? :confused:

BUt Leigh Griffiths doesn't play at Left Back does he ???

Sir David Gray
18-11-2013, 08:25 PM
BUt Leigh Griffiths doesn't play at Left Back does he ???

Nope but I took the general point of that post to be that because Griffiths was playing at a lower level than Boyd, that it was at least partly responsible for him being overlooked at the moment.

My point was that the level Wallace is playing at just now, which is probably even worse than the Conference level in England, doesn't seem to be hindering his international prospects.

davieh
18-11-2013, 08:54 PM
there are many good reasons to dislike boyd; mine is his elbow on zemmama a few years back when heshould have seen red. suppose strachan cant take that into account, mind.

Danderhall Hibs
19-11-2013, 07:05 PM
I ken he is supposed to be a hibee - But Why Do i get the feeling that wee gordon hates hibs or ex-hibs players ??? :in

'Cos you're paranoid?

Onceinawhile
19-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Apparently strachan left him three voicemails regarding his exclusion.

leggeto
19-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Don't see the problem here with Boyd he is a predator striker well worthy of a call up,Sparky will get his chance as he is a slightly different kind of striker,we all know he is better

PatHead
19-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Never got on the pitch, kept press happy with call up. Job done. Move on. PS Wolves out FA Cup

JimBHibees
20-11-2013, 10:28 AM

No way is League One lower than SPFL IMO, Celtic apart.

heretoday
20-11-2013, 10:57 AM
I don't think either Boyd or Griffiths are international standard but that's the way it crumbles these days for Scotland.