PDA

View Full Version : Travel Ross County cup game

scotthfc
17-11-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi im looking for 6 seats to go to dingwall on the 30th, anyone know anything? Heads up on prices will be great aswell, cheers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Give this a try, £2 single fares to and from Inverness with Citylink. Use the code RECORDOFFER where requested and book the 2 fares individually.

RIP Bestie
17-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Hi im looking for 6 seats to go to dingwall on the 30th, anyone know anything? Heads up on prices will be great aswell, cheers.
I've a 3, 2 and 1 sweater suite in black leather. Got it from Reid's about a year ago but since moved house and it's a bit small. £500 o.n.o. Any good? :I'm waiti

Hermit Crab
17-11-2013, 03:46 PM
See the travel to games sticky thread. Poster Baldy Foghorn and IFONLY run buses to games.

scotthfc
17-11-2013, 03:50 PM
I've a 3, 2 and 1 sweater suite in black leather. Got it from Reid's about a year ago but since moved house and it's a bit small. £500 o.n.o. Any good? :I'm waiti

£300 and you have a deal

Nando™
17-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Give this a try, £2 single fares to and from Inverness with Citylink. Use the code RECORDOFFER where requested and book the 2 fares individually.

Absolutely brilliant offer this, I encourage everyone to use it. Quickly though as, no doubt, people will be snapping this up.

Plenty different departure times to suit and you can be back in Edinburgh just after 10.

I got 16 tickets (8 singles either way, because the offer is only for singles) for 32 quid. Quality.

Here is the timetable for the buses running between Inverness and Dingwall --> Click (http://www.stagecoachbus.com/PdfUploads/Timetable_46522_27,%2027A,%2028,%2028A,%2028D.pdf) .

According to THIS (http://www.stagecoachbus.com/uploads/hiinvernesszone234.pdf), you need a zone 2 day ticket for the bus. Prices for which can be found HERE (http://www.stagecoachbus.com/highlands-day-group.aspx).

Glory Glory.

Pretty Boy
17-11-2013, 05:11 PM
I'm booked up on the train. Just over £70 return for 2 of us.

Leaving early and get back late but a feq beers and safe passage to the next round will make the hours fly past.

JollyGreenGiant
17-11-2013, 05:22 PM

Leaving early and get back late but a feq beers and safe passage to the next round will make the hours fly past.

That's if your allowed a beer! I got on the train for the Inverness game with a wee carryoot for the long journey, only for the tannoy announcement to tell everyone on the train that drinking alcohol was banned. There was only about 20 hibbies on a packed train!

:confused:

Pretty Boy
17-11-2013, 05:24 PM
That's if your allowed a beer! I got on the train for the Inverness game with a wee carryoot for the long journey, only for the tannoy announcement to tell everyone on the train that drinking alcohol was banned. There was only about 20 hibbies on a packed train!

:confused:

I've left plenty time for a couple in Inverness and Dingwall pre game and a couple post match as well.

The dry trains for games with minimal chance of bother is a joke though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Anybody else staying overnight on the 29th?

Phil D. Rolls
17-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Is it possible to travel to Dingwall without going through Fife; also, will the roads be icy?

Mikey
17-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Is it possible to travel to Dingwall without going through Fife; also, will the roads be icy?

The response you'll get from Fifers will be icy :wink:

Gettin' Auld
17-11-2013, 08:23 PM

Aye it's possible - Hire a helicopter

banarc7062
18-11-2013, 11:07 AM
My grandson (15 yrs) and a couple of his friends are looking for seats on a supporters bus going to the Cup game on Saturday 30/11/13. Can anyone help please. The boys are season ticket holders.

FraserHFC
18-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Also looking for seats on a supporters bus. Five if possibly if anyone can help out.

Tyler Durden
18-11-2013, 01:15 PM

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of departure/arrival times are you talking?

Edinburgh to Inverness then a change?

Never made the journey by road or rail but tempted for this game.

Pretty Boy
18-11-2013, 01:26 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what sort of departure/arrival times are you talking?

I'm leaving Edinburgh at 6.33. Change in Perth then arrive Inverness at 10.37. Couple of pints then the 12.17 Inverness to Dingwall which gets in at 12.49. Time for a pint or 2 in The Mallard (pub right at the station.

Coming home i leave Dingwall at 19.38, changes in Inverness and Stirling to get back to Edinburgh for just after midnight.

There are quicker journeys but i'd rather leave plenty time for a drink and a bite to eat. Some of the other trains are a bit more expensive as well.

Tyler Durden
18-11-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm leaving Edinburgh at 6.33. Change in Perth then arrive Inverness at 10.37. Couple of pints then the 12.17 Inverness to Dingwall which gets in at 12.49. Time for a pint or 2 in The Mallard (pub right at the station.

Coming home i leave Dingwall at 19.38, changes in Inverness and Stirling to get back to Edinburgh for just after midnight.

There are quicker journeys but i'd rather leave plenty time for a drink and a bite to eat. Some of the other trains are a bit more expensive as well.

Thanks for that, hopefully we get a result to make the long day worthwhile for you.

Sounds like I'm best to look at the options to plan a route at a decent price. Then to convince my mates (and myself) it's a good idea....

Hermit Crab
18-11-2013, 10:29 PM

Stay overnight. Plenty hotels.

Sir David Gray
18-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Anybody else staying overnight on the 29th?

I'm staying overnight on the 30th.

Head off about 10am, get to our hotel (which is a gem of a place that I've stayed in on several occasions by the way) about 1pm, leave for Dingwall about 2pm and get to the ground at 2:20pm. Watch us progress to the next round of the Scottish Cup, arrive back at the hotel at about 5:20pm and then have a good Saturday night.

Get up early on the Sunday, have a nice breakfast before heading back down the road about 11am.

Home for 2pm on the Sunday.

:aok:

147lothian
19-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Im going down to the shop for tickets for mates, i've got my season ticket, also my mates season ticket, how many can I buy?

Baldy Foghorn
19-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Im going down to the shop for tickets for mates, i've got my season ticket, also my mates season ticket, how many can I buy?

1 per season ticket, until public sale commences

Hermit Crab
19-11-2013, 08:36 PM
1 per season ticket, until public sale commences

Mate got 4 on one client ref last Friday??

Pretty Boy
19-11-2013, 08:38 PM

I got 2 using 1 ST the other day.

I bought online and had another client ref to assign to if needed but was never asked.

Hermit Crab
19-11-2013, 08:43 PM
I got 2 using 1 ST the other day.

I bought online and had another client ref to assign to if needed but was never asked.

The systems flawed as he had 4 x season tickets with him but the wifey said I'll just put them all on one ticket and never even asked to see the other 3. He didn't mention he had 4 with him.

Baldy Foghorn
19-11-2013, 08:43 PM

Oh well, public sale starts this Friday, obviously it was not 1 per season ticket after all

Hermit Crab
19-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Oh well, public sale starts this Friday, obviously it was not 1 per season ticket after all

Can you see it selling out?

B.H.F.C
19-11-2013, 08:55 PM
The systems flawed as he had 4 x season tickets with him but the wifey said I'll just put them all on one ticket and never even asked to see the other 3. He didn't mention he had 4 with him.

Don't know that it is flawed. Just states online that tickets are on sale to season ticket holders. Doesn't say anything about it being limited to one per person or that.

I assumed it was one per person as well when I was buying but only had to give my reference.

Baldy Foghorn
19-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Can you see it selling out?

Of course

Hermit Crab
19-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Of course

A win this Saturday and it's a cert.

Hermit Crab
19-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Don't know that it is flawed. Just states online that tickets are on sale to season ticket holders. Doesn't say anything about it being limited to one per person or that.

I assumed it was one per person as well when I was buying but only had to give my reference.

Just read the website. Seems strange that there appears to be no limit to season ticket holders when the allocation for us is fairly low.

B.H.F.C
19-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Just read the website. Seems strange that there appears to be no limit to season ticket holders when the allocation for us is fairly low.

Agree. Maybe just to do with it being Dingwall and them no anticipating as much interest as there appears to be.

Pretty Boy
19-11-2013, 09:29 PM
As a side note how crap are the Ross County tickets?

Piqué
19-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Shame this isn't an early kick off for me. Could have made it over the sea and back in the one day. Too expensive for me adding on an overnight stay

Baldy Foghorn
19-11-2013, 09:35 PM
As a side note how crap are the Ross County tickets?

Honking......

I notice Celtc have now colour coded their stands, and we are in the pink section for forthcoming game.....Nice

Hermit Crab
19-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Honking......

I notice Celtc have now colour coded their stands, and we are in the pink section for forthcoming game.....Nice

Is there an orange section of the stadium ? :D

Baldy Foghorn
19-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Is there an orange section of the stadium ? :D

Yes......

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Just bought my ticket, happy days!

linlithgowhibbie
22-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Just bought my ticket, happy days!

Me too!!!!

SneakersO'Toole
23-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Looking for 3 seats on supporters bus if possible? Our original bus has been cancelled due to lack of numbers.

Spike Mandela
23-11-2013, 05:11 PM
3 RC players sent off in league games this past week any of them banned for the cup game?

Sir David Gray
23-11-2013, 05:25 PM
3 RC players sent off in league games this past week any of them banned for the cup game?

Sproule will be out next week.

Saunders is back for next week and Brittain will miss their next league game.

tetley
23-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Got my ticket the other day looking forward to the game

JimBHibees
23-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Sproule will be out next week.

Saunders is back for next week and Brittain will miss their next league game.

Why will Ivan be out next week

AFKA5814_Hibs
23-11-2013, 08:15 PM

I'm guessing he got more than a 1 game ban for violent conduct.

Sir David Gray
23-11-2013, 08:28 PM

Two match ban for his karate kick last week.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-11-2013, 04:40 PM
For anyone travelling from Inverness - Dingwall by bus you can buy a groupsaver for £11 odds that is valid for 3 adults travelling together.

Carheenlea
24-11-2013, 07:13 PM
For hungry Hibbies looking for a retro dining experience, I think there is still a Wimpy burger bar in Dingwall..

https://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=57.595364,-4.42749&spn=0.000359,0.002309&t=h&z=19&vpsrc=6&cbll=57.595361,-4.427491&panoid=t741MmP5JAD4xruJwohTLg&cbp=12,352.05,,0,1.12&ei=-kySUpelK8Kc8wPphYHwBg&pw=2

Up The Bracket
24-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Are there any buses at all with seats left? Looking for 2 seats for 2 of my pals

joe_hfc
25-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Do you guys reckon we'll be able to pay at the gate for this one? :confused:

legends of 73
25-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Do you guys reckon we'll be able to pay at the gate for this one? :confused:

Nope it's all ticket

JimBHibees
25-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Two match ban for his karate kick last week.

Is it not 2 league games though?

NeilOrrSquareBa
25-11-2013, 01:15 PM
How about Hibs putting on subsidised buses for the fans to get a great support up there (and I'm not talking trusses)
Or even subsidising ticket prices.
Creativity generates interest.:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
25-11-2013, 02:26 PM
How about Hibs putting on subsidised buses for the fans to get a great support up there (and I'm not talking trusses)

Why should Hibs subsidise travel or entry? You either want to support the team or not, why does there have to be discounts applied?

Brooster
25-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Why should Hibs subsidise travel or entry? You either want to support the team or not, why does there have to be discounts applied?

Because many folk have a feeling of entitlement. Thinking Hibs should be paying for them to follow the team. Hibs will have a large vocal support for thi game without pampering the needy.

Moulin Yarns
25-11-2013, 03:22 PM
A warning to road travellers, there are major works at Perth on the western by-pass with a contraflow and resurfacing works at Killiecrankie on the A9. Allow extra time for your journey.

NeilOrrSquareBa
25-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Because many folk have a feeling of entitlement. Thinking Hibs should be paying for them to follow the team. Hibs will have a large vocal support for thi game without pampering the needy.

No, because it would be a significant gesture and a thank you to the loyal fans (like the 1100) who travelled to Paisley on Saturday. It would also increase the support we'd take meaning the team would be well supported on the day. Considering it's a distance and a costly experience for the fans yet a relatively inexpensive gesture from the Club. i.e. 10 buses @ £500 each and 1000 tickets @£5 each then they're looking at £10k subsidy some of which will be recoved giving the increased gate receipts which are shared.
It's called strategising.:aok:

marinello59
25-11-2013, 04:17 PM
No, because it would be a significant gesture and a thank you to the loyal fans (like the 1100) who travelled to Paisley on Saturday. It would also increase the support we'd take meaning the team would be well supported on the day. Considering it's a distance and a costly experience for the fans yet a relatively inexpensive gesture from the Club. i.e. 10 buses @ £500 each and 1000 tickets @£5 each then they're looking at £10k subsidy some of which will be recoved giving the increased gate receipts which are shared.

As a thank you to the loyal fans who were lucky enough to attend a football match? And ONLY a 10K subsidy? Do you know how tight finances are in Scottish fitba?

Baldy Foghorn
25-11-2013, 08:20 PM

Would rather the strategy was to spend £10k in youth development, as opposed to your suggestion.......

Hermit Crab
25-11-2013, 09:13 PM
A warning to road travellers, there are major works at Perth on the western by-pass with a contraflow and resurfacing works at Killiecrankie on the A9. Allow extra time for your journey.

Very heavy rain also forecast for Friday into Saturday. Seen the weather warning yesterday.

Hermit Crab
25-11-2013, 09:18 PM

Yeah ok then. And what about paying for train fares for tickets that have been bought. Also fans petrol too. While their at it they can pay my hotel and throw in a couple of pints at the bar.

legends of 73
26-11-2013, 10:18 AM

Let's rename our club Poundland FFS why do folk on here always ask for hibs to subsidise travel or tickets. Just pay the going rate and watch and support your team,next you'll be wanting Groupon vouchers to watch hibs

NeilOrrSquareBa
26-11-2013, 01:34 PM
OK I'll make it stupid simple for the hard of thinking

We've got a tricky cup tie on Saturday
As it stands ticket sales are probably (and yes this is a complete guess) around 250 mark
We've just appointed an new manager who in terms of accessibility and communication is light years ahead of what we've had before
The club have latched on to this and upped their game in terms of reaching out (accessibility)
1100 fans made it to Paisley (I was one)
A one off investment by the club to promote the brand at an event where a strong support would help and could influence thr result.
So a simple strategy from an old marketeer was hey tap into this "bonhomie" encourage the fans to go by giving them an incentive.
Calculate to be as self funding as possible (more fans, more revenue than budgeted = cash freed up for investment albeit without tangible results promised. But if we were to win (and for now the odds are about even) more revenue downstream
But in terms of goodwill and fans recognising the club cares it may not as stupid a gesture as some of the posters on here taking the moral high ground suggest.
Do the math.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-11-2013, 01:43 PM
I stopped reading after the patronising pish in paragraph 1.

Brooster
26-11-2013, 01:57 PM
250.....is that an educated guess?

NeilOrrSquareBa
26-11-2013, 02:04 PM
I stopped reading after the patronising pish in paragraph 1.

:na na:

legends of 73
26-11-2013, 02:42 PM

As it stands ticket sales are probably (and yes this is a complete guess) around 250 mark
We've just appointed an new manager who in terms of accessibility and communication is light years ahead of what we've had before
The club have latched on to this and upped their game in terms of reaching out (accessibility)
A one off investment by the club to promote the brand at an event where a strong support would help and could influence thr result.
So a simple strategy from an old marketeer was hey tap into this "bonhomie" encourage the fans to go by giving them an incentive.
Calculate to be as self funding as possible (more fans, more revenue than budgeted = cash freed up for investment albeit without tangible results promised. But if we were to win (and for now the odds are about even) more revenue downstream
But in terms of goodwill and fans recognising the club cares it may not as stupid a gesture as some of the posters on here taking the moral high ground suggest.
Do the math.

No one taking the moral high ground at all pal. It's the scottish cup our holy grail FFS if fans can't be arsed paying £20 adult £5 kids tickets and a max of £15 return on a supporters bus then why bother.

As far as I can remember at the replay a few years back we sold our allocation and it was a Tuesday night game with no cheap match or bus tickets so your argument doesn't stand up. As far as I'm lead to believe we've sold around 1500 tickets for Saturday

If guys want to go they'll go and I think £20 for my ticket is ok

Tom Hart RIP
26-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Craig Thomson is the ref

JimBHibees
26-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Craig Thomson is the ref

Oh joy.

On another note I see Craig and his team have the PSG Olympiacos game in the Champs League this week with what looks like the same team as officiated in the Dortmund Malaga game last season. The question is how incompetent do officials need to be before they are not given a particular tie in this competition.

Jonnyboy
26-11-2013, 04:10 PM

Indeed. I respectfully refer those who want something for nothing to read my signature :agree:

hibbysam
26-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Does anyone know of any cheaper deals on the trains than the £63 return that i have been quoted?

Pretty Boy
26-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Does anyone know of any cheaper deals on the trains than the £63 return that i have been quoted?

I got £70 return for 2 of us (so £35 each obviously)but i booked as soon as the draw was made and travelling very early and late back (0633 depart and 1938 return).

Pretty Boy
26-11-2013, 04:39 PM

Do the math.

We have sold considerably more than 250 tickets.

hibbysam
26-11-2013, 05:06 PM
I got £70 return for 2 of us (so £35 each obviously)but i booked as soon as the draw was made and travelling very early and late back (0633 depart and 1938 return).

Who was that with?

oneone73
26-11-2013, 05:51 PM

Depends on your age Bud. Club 55 is £19 return anywhere in Scotland until the end of November. We just make it (and I'm 56,so I'm happy!)

Aldo
26-11-2013, 05:58 PM
OK I'll make it stupid simple for the hard of thinking We've got a tricky cup tie on Saturday As it stands ticket sales are probably (and yes this is a complete guess) around 250 mark We've just appointed an new manager who in terms of accessibility and communication is light years ahead of what we've had before The club have latched on to this and upped their game in terms of reaching out (accessibility) 1100 fans made it to Paisley (I was one) A one off investment by the club to promote the brand at an event where a strong support would help and could influence thr result. So a simple strategy from an old marketeer was hey tap into this "bonhomie" encourage the fans to go by giving them an incentive. Calculate to be as self funding as possible (more fans, more revenue than budgeted = cash freed up for investment albeit without tangible results promised. But if we were to win (and for now the odds are about even) more revenue downstream But in terms of goodwill and fans recognising the club cares it may not as stupid a gesture as some of the posters on here taking the moral high ground suggest. Do the math.

So are you one of the stupid hard of thinking folk then??

As for your post. Either you want to go and see Hibs, in which case you pay the going rate, or you don't want to go , so you don't pay the going rate. Simple!

As someone posted earlier why would the club subsidise anything when the money could be spent better elsewhere ... Wages , youth development and much much more.

Do the math!!

Pretty Boy
26-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Who was that with?

Booked it through eastcoast website.

Looks like i was lucky though as cheapest i can find now is the £63 you mentioned.

NeilOrrSquareBa
26-11-2013, 06:15 PM
So are you one of the stupid hard of thinking folk then??

As for your post. Either you want to go and see Hibs, in which case you pay the going rate, or you don't want to go , so you don't pay the going rate. Simple!

As someone posted earlier why would the club subsidise anything when the money could be spent better elsewhere ... Wages , youth development and much much more.

Do the math!!

Floated a suggestion and met some oppostion. Tried to put my point of view and read some alarmingly hostile responses from "why should Hibs speculate when there's better projects to spend on" to "What about us? We've already put our money in the pot and are happy to do so and as a result be well pi$$ed if some neerdowells got a subsidy to attend".
To the latter, hats off and all the best.
To the former. I feel you missed the point of my suggestion which was to
Maximise the support and increase the feelgood factor spreading through the club by incentivising fans to follow the team in a key match using a strategy to generate uptake but giving at least partial payback, and maybe adding to the chances of a win.

Sheesh! Some folk.....:greengrin
Enjoy your day, lets hope Hibs win.
Yours in sport
NeilOrrSquareBa

Aldo
26-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Floated a suggestion and met some oppostion. Tried to put my point of view and read some alarmingly hostile responses from "why should Hibs speculate when there's better projects to spend on" to "What about us? We've already put our money in the pot and are happy to do so and as a result be well pi$$ed if some neerdowells got a subsidy to attend". To the latter, hats off and all the best. To the former. I feel you missed the point of my suggestion which was to Maximise the support and increase the feelgood factor spreading through the club by incentivising fans to follow the team in a key match using a strategy to generate uptake but giving at least partial payback, and maybe adding to the chances of a win. Sheesh! Some folk.....:greengrin Enjoy your day, lets hope Hibs win. Yours in sport NeilOrrSquareBa

Point not missed. Folk have paid good money to get in and travel yet because you believe we have only sold 250 tickets then the club should subsidise others to 'up the gate' and 'feel good factor'. Really.. That's one way of really getting the feel good factor amongst fans... Some folk pay full whack and others a considerable amount less.

As for hostile and alarming responses maybe if you opening gambit wasn't to patronise folk you might get a few better responses.

Enjoy your day????? And aw the best

cabbageandribs1875
26-11-2013, 06:29 PM
what date is the replay :cb

Joe Baker II
27-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Regardless of the specifics of debate above if I was convinced Petrie etc (and SPFL too generally to be fair where some clubs insanely seem more concerned about reducing away supports) were actually interested in the welfare of and encouraging travelling supporters to go to games I would buy a season ticket - currently I pick and choose my games (mainly cup games as it happens and generally away league games) so club's general attitude toward travelling supporters has an opportunity cost.

Albanian Hibs
27-11-2013, 09:55 AM

Do the math.

Think you will find we have sold a lot more than 250. Do some research before spouting pish in future.

Fife-Hibee
27-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Anyone know how ticket sales are going ? Really looking forward to going up and spending the night in inverness :-))

Hermit Crab
27-11-2013, 10:36 AM

You've probably left it too late for cheap deals like the advance purchase tickets mate.

You can knock it down to £52.30 if but only if you're coming back the same day.

Buy an off peak DAY return from Edinburgh to Perth at £16.90

Then buy an off peak return from perth to Dingwall at £35.40

Total = £52.30

* Please note that an off peak day return is only valid for travel on day of purchase. Also note that there are no ticket restrictions in place at weekends, meaning there are no peak/off peak restrictions.

Also you can buy all the tickets either online or at any ticket office mate.

If anyone is going by train the last one that will get to Dingwall in time for the game is 09:35 from Edinburgh.

Hermit Crab
27-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Anyone know how ticket sales are going ? Really looking forward to going up and spending the night in inverness :-))

Johnny foxes here we come. :-)

Hermit Crab
27-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Think you will find we have sold a lot more than 250. Do some research before spouting pish in future.

To be fair he did say it was a complete guess.

green&left
27-11-2013, 10:39 AM
The Megabus is usually very competitive to Inverness and not much longer (if at all than train). Had it for £12 return etc. May be worthwhile checking that to Inverness, then timing transport from Inverness to Dingwall.

Hermit Crab
27-11-2013, 10:42 AM

You have a pm

Fife-Hibee
27-11-2013, 10:49 AM
Johnny foxes here we come. :-)

You going there before or after the game or both ? :-)

Hermit Crab
27-11-2013, 10:53 AM
You going there before or after the game or both ? :-)

I reckon it will be after the game. Train Inverness from Kirkcaldy at about 0910, in Inverness for back of 12. Dump bags in hotel, train to Dingwall then pints in the pub on the platform.

After the game there's no train until half 7 then straight to the foxes on arrival at Inverness. :-)

erin-go-bragh87
27-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Will there be pay at the gate?

Hermit Crab
27-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Will there be pay at the gate?

All ticket mate. That's not to say any unsold tickets will be returned to county and sold on the day.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-11-2013, 12:22 PM
The Megabus is usually very competitive to Inverness and not much longer (if at all than train). Had it for £12 return etc. May be worthwhile checking that to Inverness, then timing transport from Inverness to Dingwall.

Check my post earlier in the thread for £4 return with Citylink.

Zondervan
27-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Updated tweet I got from Hibs re ticket sales:

@HibernianFCClub: At close of play yesterday, we had sold just over half of our allocation, so plenty still available, GGTTH, HFC

So, would that be around 600? Not sure of our allocation.

B.H.F.C
27-11-2013, 12:33 PM

@HibernianFCClub: At close of play yesterday, we had sold just over half of our allocation, so plenty still available, GGTTH, HFC

Think it's about 1800 that stand holds

Pete
27-11-2013, 05:07 PM

How much extra time do you think we should allow for all this? Are they bad ones?

Cutting it fine as it is. :-(

hibeesjoe
27-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Just booked up for 3 people using the bus discount code. £4 return per person. Cannae wait now.

SneakersO'Toole
27-11-2013, 05:43 PM

Think that is a quite a disappointing figure given its a SC game and we have a new manager.

Hermit Crab
27-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Think that is a quite a disappointing figure given its a SC game and we have a new manager.

Long distance. Travel expenses plus tickets and food drink etc just before Xmas mate.

B.H.F.C
27-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Long distance. Travel expenses plus tickets and food drink etc just before Xmas mate.

All those factors in to account I think sales are not too bad.

I'm sure that stand holds close to 1800 so over half is closer to 1000 than 600 as previously suggested. I might be wrong about that allocation right enough.

Either way I don't think it will be too dissimilar to the crowd we took to Paisley.

NGP
27-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Away end holds just under 2000.

Ronniekirk
27-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Plus never beaten them , we haven't scored in past 5 games ,the heff is out so where are the goals coming from Anyone mention Scottish cup Hoodo yet!!!! The flip side is new management team no baggage so maybe there will never be a better time to beat them as there own record at present is poor

Billy Whizz
27-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Plus never beaten them , we haven't scored in past 5 games ,the heff is out so where are the goals coming from Anyone mention Scottish cup Hoodo yet!!!! The flip side is new management team no baggage so maybe there will never be a better time to beat them as there own record at present is poor

And Butchers never won in Dingwall either

Ronniekirk
27-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Well it's either another Scottish Cup jinx or a day of Firsts Did anyone notice if Big Tell put the Harp back to break the Gypsy Curse:confused:

green&left
28-11-2013, 11:27 AM

You can use the money excuse pretty much anytime of the season "Xmas coming up - cannae go", "Xmas just passed - cannae go", "Season ticket & summer holiday coming up - cannae go", "season ticket & summer holiday just had - cannae go". As i said in the 'ICT fans whinging' thread its more to do with the mentality/attitude of Scottish fans (well most) that when there's any effort involved attending a game they can't be @rsed. Wether its distance or because your the underdog. Our consistant low numbers to Aberdeen & ICT reflect this with distance and the 300 that will be at Parkhead will reflect it also.

Scottish Cup tie, 3pm kick-off, not to expensive ticket wise and the chance of a good piss-up. No idea why anyone wouldn't want to go TBH 8-)

cleanyman
28-11-2013, 12:02 PM
You can use the money excuse pretty much anytime of the season "Xmas coming up - cannae go", "Xmas just passed - cannae go", "Season ticket & summer holiday coming up - cannae go", "season ticket & summer holiday just had - cannae go". As i said in the 'ICT fans whinging' thread its more to do with the mentality/attitude of Scottish fans (well most) that when there's any effort involved attending a game they can't be @rsed. Wether its distance or because your the underdog. Our consistant low numbers to Aberdeen & ICT reflect this with distance and the 300 that will be at Parkhead will reflect it also.

Scottish Cup tie, 3pm kick-off, not to expensive ticket wise and the chance of a good piss-up. No idea why anyone wouldn't want to go TBH 8-)

I thought we would have sold out now to be honest.

It's the Scottish Cup and I absolutely love it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-11-2013, 12:17 PM
£19 return for Saturday, this could be quite handy for the old timers amongst us!

Cheap train for over 55s (http://www.scotrail.co.uk/club-55)

Moulin Yarns
28-11-2013, 12:20 PM
How much extra time do you think we should allow for all this? Are they bad ones?

Cutting it fine as it is. :-(

During the week it has been 15 to 30 minutes as far as I know.

if you are on twitter check out @trafficscotland

I've just checked and the Blair Atholl work should be finished, the main delay will be the 30MPH at Perth

Hermit Crab
28-11-2013, 12:23 PM
You can use the money excuse pretty much anytime of the season "Xmas coming up - cannae go", "Xmas just passed - cannae go", "Season ticket & summer holiday coming up - cannae go", "season ticket & summer holiday just had - cannae go". As i said in the 'ICT fans whinging' thread its more to do with the mentality/attitude
of Scottish fans (well most) that when there's any effort involved attending a game they can't be @rsed. Wether its distance or because your the underdog. Our consistant low numbers to Aberdeen & ICT reflect this with distance and the 300 that will be at Parkhead will reflect it also.

I'm going. You can't make people go as for park head im working so can't go. Folk don't want get stuck in a corner and abused for 90 minutes.

green&left
28-11-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm going. You can't make people go as for park head im working so can't go. Folk don't want get stuck in a corner and abused for 90 minutes.

Exactly my point about mentality "big bad man's shouted at me so am no gaun back" :greengrin

Lifted from the bounce...

Just a heads up for anyone who's thinking of going on Saturday but hasn't already been down to ER to get their tickets. I was just down at Victoria Park (I'm based up in Ross-shire) and was told that Hibs end tickets will be available from the portakabin outside the main stand on the day. See you's there

Hermit Crab
28-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Exactly my point about mentality "big bad man's shouted at me so am no gaun back" :greengrin

Lifted from the bounce...

Well maybe the clubs should look at how away fans are treated at away grounds then

By the way you'll struggle to find many teams in the spl who will take more than 400-500 fans to parkhead for a league game.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-11-2013, 08:42 PM
I see the 3 Citylink buses back to Edinburgh on Sat night are all full now, I hope nobody is left behind :bye:

TAHibby
29-11-2013, 01:29 AM
Anyone know any good places to get a bite to eat in Dingwall town centre?

JohnStephens91
29-11-2013, 02:04 AM
I see the 3 Citylink buses back to Edinburgh on Sat night are all full now, I hope nobody is left behind :bye:

The 7pm bus to Glasgow still has spaces, gets into Buchanan Street Bus Station for 22:24, so if you are feeling brave you can try and get the bus at 22:30 or the bus at 23:00 back to Edinburgh.

Personally I didn't take the risk and instead I am coming back from Glasgow at 23:00, not bad for £6.

JohnStephens91
29-11-2013, 02:10 AM
From Dingwall what is the best way to get back to Inverness? The trains don't run between 16:38 and 19:15. I presume there is a bus service, the only information I can find online is almost three years out of date :confused:

Pete
29-11-2013, 04:40 AM
During the week it has been 15 to 30 minutes as far as I know.

if you are on twitter check out @trafficscotland

I've just checked and the Blair Atholl work should be finished, the main delay will be the 30MPH at Perth

:aok:

SteveHFC
29-11-2013, 08:23 AM
From Dingwall what is the best way to get back to Inverness? The trains don't run between 16:38 and 19:15. I presume there is a bus service, the only information I can find online is almost three years out of date :confused:
We got bus back to inverness last season around 5:15

Hermit Crab
29-11-2013, 08:57 AM

There's a wimpy. A nice bakers and a chipper.

Brooster
29-11-2013, 08:59 AM

The National Hotel have a very reasonable football menu, burger and chips for under a fiver for example. Our bus is booked in there.

GlenrothesHibee
29-11-2013, 12:13 PM

And he never won the Scottish cup as a player. We're doomed

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-11-2013, 12:51 PM
On the Megabus up to Inverness at the moment, 1.5 hrs to go then let the fun commence!

TAHibby
29-11-2013, 07:29 PM
The National Hotel have a very reasonable football menu, burger and chips for under a fiver for example. Our bus is booked in there.

There's a wimpy. A nice bakers and a chipper.

Cheers guys, might go to them all since I'm stranded till the back of 8. :greengrin

Carheenlea
29-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Tying in the Cup Tie with a family weekend in Aviemore, and looking at train timetable to and from Dingwall, the only train back just has 5 minutes timescale to allow for changing trains at Inverness. Miss it and that's the last one! Maybe a safer bet just to drive the 40 odd miles.

Hermit Crab
29-11-2013, 10:22 PM
Tying in the Cup Tie with a family weekend in Aviemore, and looking at train timetable to and from Dingwall, the only train back just has 5 minutes timescale to allow for changing trains at Inverness. Miss it and that's the last one! Maybe a safer bet just to drive the 40 odd miles.

If it's a booked connection and you miss it because your train in was late then the railway have to get you to your destination mate providing you have a valid ticket.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Just left Johnny Foxes, its scran then bed time!

Carheenlea
30-11-2013, 09:12 AM
If it's a booked connection and you miss it because your train in was late then the railway have to get you to your destination mate providing you have a valid ticket.

Enquired at station and there is a train with 20 minutes window at Inverness which wasn't showing on phone, so not a worry now.

Fife-Hibee
30-11-2013, 09:41 AM
My little brother pulled out of going late last night due to starting a new job today. Within half an hour this morning, I managed to arrange the day off work and book on a £2 mega bus to get in at 12, meeting my dad who had set off early doors in the car. Looking forward to it now!

Golden Bear
30-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Enquired at station and there is a train with 20 minutes window at Inverness which wasn't showing on phone, so not a worry now.

Nae bad sweery words from you today Dave!

bronca
30-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Dunno what you'se are all doing up in the highlands for this game because according to the BBC.....:rolleyes:

SCOTTISH CUP FOURTH ROUND

Venue: Easter Road Stadium, Edinburgh
Date: Saturday, 30 November
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT

Coverage: Updates on BBC Radio Scotland & BBC Sport website

Pretty Boy
30-11-2013, 11:17 AM
1st pint in The Mallard just touched the lips.

Breakfast of champions.

BS44
30-11-2013, 11:57 AM
If anyone knows where I can find the game online could you PM me please.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Did everyone make it onto their Citylink bus then? :)

cleanyman
30-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Did everyone make it onto their Citylink bus then? :)

on my way home now.

Gold bus, delightful

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Back safely in The Mill @ Slateford, I really dinnae need these next few pints, but, it would be rude not to! :-)

Moulin Yarns
01-12-2013, 10:08 AM
I hope nobody got their photo taken at Bankfoot on the A9 on the way back home. I passed a police speed camera on the hill at about 6:00 but couldn't get on here to warn people.