PDA

View Full Version : griffiths

clerriehibs
16-11-2013, 03:19 PM
LG scoring goals for wolves, a fans' favourite, wolves have 6 players away on international duty including striker Kevin Doyle ... and Leigh is on the bench!

Bring him home, terry.

Robinho08
16-11-2013, 03:28 PM
He's their top scorer and he signed a new contract. It aint going to happen. I hope Butcher and co can bring*some new talent like McKay.

hfc rd
16-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Would love to see Leigh come back but unfortunately, I simply can't see it happening. The lad is destined for big things as he is an incredible little talent.

snooky
16-11-2013, 03:49 PM
He's their top scorer and he signed a new contract. It aint going to happen. I hope Butcher and co can bring*some new talent like McKay.

Arrange a swap! Leigh for The Bladerunner

weonlywon6-2
16-11-2013, 04:21 PM

Stranger things have happened in football

sambajustice
16-11-2013, 04:24 PM
i've heard 150k will secure the deal!!!

HoboHarry
16-11-2013, 04:27 PM
You forgot to add "FACT"

s.a.m
16-11-2013, 04:27 PM

:agree: but he says he's not coming cos Rod chucked a glass of wine over him. At the last calendar signing.

Sir David Gray
16-11-2013, 04:43 PM
I believe we've seen the last of Leigh Griffiths at Hibs, unfortunately.

Would love to be proved wrong but I don't see him coming back to play for us.

Hibercelona
16-11-2013, 05:04 PM
I reckon he'll make his return somebody, but certainly not anytime soon.

clerriehibs
16-11-2013, 05:12 PM
My call for him to return was a bit flippant .... What I was really getting at is why on earth was he benched by league1 wolves today?

Viva_Palmeiras
16-11-2013, 05:15 PM
My call for him to return was a bit flippant .... What I was really getting at is why on earth was he benched by league1 wolves today?

Is one of his missus' expecting or has that settled down now?

Hibercelona
16-11-2013, 05:17 PM

Perhaps he picked up a knock in his last game or during training and they didn't want to risk playing him unless they had to.

He's been prolific for them so far, so they'll want to keep him in tip top shape.

PerfectlyFranck
16-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Some great goals, glad to see the back of him though.
I doubt he'll be back unless his quality drops and/or he drops some off-the-field bombs.

Sir David Gray
16-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Some great goals, glad to see the back of him though.
I doubt he'll be back unless his quality drops and/or he drops some off-the-field bombs.

I take it this is some sort of Hibs.net in-joke? :confused:

Kojock
16-11-2013, 05:43 PM
We should be doing everything in our power to bring LG back. Imagine him in a strike force with Riordan and O'Connor

_hucks_
16-11-2013, 05:55 PM
I take it this is some sort of Hibs.net in-joke? :confused:

I assume it's meant in an 'I'm glad he's out of Scottish football and hopefully can flourish down south' sort of way - don't think any of us are actually glad that he's no longer playing for us every week.

PerfectlyFranck
16-11-2013, 06:06 PM
I assume it's meant in an 'I'm glad he's out of Scottish football and hopefully can flourish down south' sort of way - don't think any of us are actually glad that he's no longer playing for us every week.

The latter, for me.

I thought he stopped the antics off-the-field but they seemed to come back out of nowhere.
His attitude on the field was much better, perhaps thanks to Fenlon, but the racist 'tweet' was the end of my desire to see him play for Hibs.

Scored some unbelievable goals & who knows how badly we'd have done without him.
He may have also kept Fenlon in a job, if he had stayed, playing games through one player.
Last season's football was very poor, even when we were 1st/2nd in the league at the beginning.

I'm very content, perhaps rekindled, with the appointment of Butcher.

Famous Fiver
16-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Came on as a subbie so is obviously not all that far out of the picture. They are top of the league and he is top scorer in their team. Unless a reincarnation of Eddie Turnbull is in charge of their team and Joe Harper is making a comeback I can't see anything happening transfer wise in January!!! However, we can always dream!!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Were they not playing a team at the bottom of the league? Maybe their manager thought that he could be rested today?

Sir David Gray
16-11-2013, 07:40 PM
The latter, for me.

I thought he stopped the antics off-the-field but they seemed to come back out of nowhere.
His attitude on the field was much better, perhaps thanks to Fenlon, but the racist 'tweet' was the end of my desire to see him play for Hibs.

Scored some unbelievable goals & who knows how badly we'd have done without him.
He may have also kept Fenlon in a job, if he had stayed, playing games through one player.
Last season's football was very poor, even when we were 1st/2nd in the league at the beginning.

I find the above extremely hard to understand but thanks for the clarification.

erin go bragh
16-11-2013, 07:43 PM
The latter, for me.

So your glad LG no longer plays for us ! !
Are you sure your a Hibs fan ?

Ggtth

Tinribs
16-11-2013, 08:00 PM
The latter, for me.

I have seen racism in Edinburgh in my youth, and it was mainly being sold outside the PBS. The national front used to sell their rag 'The Bulldog' there, with no protestations from the Hearts.

I don't think Leigh is racist, he just can be an erse at times. I would have him back in a second, as would anyone Hibs minded that i know.

PeterboroHibee
16-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Apart from an end of career, coming back to his club for a final year type move, if Griffiths ends up back at Hibs then he wont have fulfilled his potential imo. Hes got unbelievable talent and if he can stay focused and cut out the off field nonsense, who knows how far he can go?

It really was a pleasure to watch him, especially last year, and I think we will struggle to see a better player at Hibs (and possibly the SPL) any time soon.

Onion
16-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Apart from an end of career, coming back to his club for a final year type move, if Griffiths ends up back at Hibs then he wont have fulfilled his potential imo. Hes got unbelievable talent and if he can stay focused and cut out the off field nonsense, who knows how far he can go?

It really was a pleasure to watch him, especially last year, and I think we will struggle to see a better player at Hibs (and possibly the SPL) any time soon.

Agree with this, with one exception. If TB & MM can maximise the resources they have available to them an make Hibs a force in a non-Hun/Yam SPFL, capable of winning the SC and competing in Europe, then LG might be just the type of striker that would fit in. At the mo, he's far too good for the bods we have at ER.

Glory Lurker
16-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Am I right in saying Leigh's been back to ER to watch two games this season? That's not bad going given how much of a fixture he is at Wolves. He'll not be back to play for us, but in a different way I get a big kick just from him traipsing out at half time. The boy is a serious talent - he's nowhere near his final destination in the game - but he really is just one of us. He might be rattling them in down south and no doubt on his way to much bigger things, but we are what his footballing feelings are all about. I'll take that.

edwards
16-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Can't thank Leigh enough for what he done last season OUTSTADING, a Hibs legend without a doubt, how I would love him back playing under Terry. :agree:

Sir David Gray
16-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Agree with this, with one exception. If TB & MM can maximise the resources they have available to them an make Hibs a force in a non-Hun/Yam SPFL, capable of winning the SC and competing in Europe, then LG might be just the type of striker that would fit in. At the mo, he's far too good for the bods we have at ER.

No matter how good Terry Butcher makes us, Leigh Griffiths showed last season that he really should be aiming a lot higher than Scottish football.

sambajustice
16-11-2013, 08:43 PM
We should be doing everything in our power to bring LG back. Imagine him in a strike force with Riordan and O'Connor

Dont forget Kenny Miller!!

Weststandwanab
16-11-2013, 09:30 PM
i've heard 150k will secure the deal!!! I suspect if you add a nought to that figure it would still not secure LG under contract.

I believe we've seen the last of Leigh Griffiths at Hibs, unfortunately.

Would love to be proved wrong but I don't see him coming back to play for us. I do in ten years time.

We should be doing everything in our power to bring LG back. Imagine him in a strike force with Riordan and O'Connor Neither of those two, albeit good players, will ever be as good as LG will become in a few years time, in my opinion.

Hermit Crab
16-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Not this again. Time to let go lads. He's gone and won't be back anytime soon.

jacomo
16-11-2013, 10:47 PM
We can't afford LG right now. Fair play to him - he's earned a new contract at Wolves and you can bet more English scouts are taking a look at him. It seems he has a few mouths to feed so no doubt appreciates the money!

He's a Hibby but he's a professional footballer first.

dp00
16-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Looking on twitter his son was in hospital so it could be he was up here taking care of him.. Therefor never trained Therefor on the bench

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Onceinawhile
16-11-2013, 11:58 PM
Some player. Cant wait til he comea back. Might be 8-10 years, but he will still be well ahead of the spfl or whatever its called by the time he comes back. Sparky =goals goals goals

heretoday
17-11-2013, 01:48 AM
I have a dream! I have a dream! Lordy Lordy I have a dream!

Leigh returns and scores the winner in a cup final v the Hearts.

It's not gonna happen. Well maybe.

lord bunberry
17-11-2013, 02:05 AM
Not this again. Time to let go lads. He's gone and won't be back anytime soon.

I'm not listening la la la la la la la la la
Sorry did you say something.

.Sean.
17-11-2013, 04:02 AM
The fact he's a total homebird and as big a Hibby as anyone on this forum is beyond most. Personally I reckon we'll see him back on the next year or so.

Billychaotic182
17-11-2013, 09:22 AM
This is just my opinion mind you. But he is the best young striker I've ever seen at hibs. Better than Deek Garry and Fletcher. I don't think he will be back. Sparky will end up playing at a higher level

matty_f
17-11-2013, 09:26 AM
This is just my opinion mind you. But he is the best young striker I've ever seen at hibs. Better than Deek Garry and Fletcher. I don't think he will be back. Sparky will end up playing at a higher level

I was having that debate with my son yesterday. I'd definitely take Griffiths back before Fletcher and Riordan.

Hermit Crab
17-11-2013, 09:33 AM
I'm not listening la la la la la la la la la
Sorry did you say something.

You're as bad as meh retro who I'm sure will be along just to chop in about Griffiths coming home. :D

erin go bragh
17-11-2013, 11:33 AM
I was having that debate with my son yesterday. I'd definitely take Griffiths back before Fletcher and Riordan.

Dont know about before Fletcher mate , as Leigh has a fair bit to go to be compared with Fletch imo .

Ggtth

RIP Bestie
17-11-2013, 11:47 AM
The latter, for me.

:rolleyes: :fishin:

Hedlund12
17-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Am I right in saying Leigh's been back to ER to watch two games this season? That's not bad going given how much of a fixture he is at Wolves. He'll not be back to play for us, but in a different way I get a big kick just from him traipsing out at half time. The boy is a serious talent - he's nowhere near his final destination in the game - but he really is just one of us. He might be rattling them in down south and no doubt on his way to much bigger things, but we are what his footballing feelings are all about. I'll take that.

Leigh defo has been at ER at least twice that I know of this season.....once doing the half time draw (cant remember who we played... memory is crap!) and once he came into hospitality pre game to say hi to Scott Brown who was also supporting us (league cup quarters against Scu mmmbos). Can't keep good hibees away....

Sir David Gray
17-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Leigh defo has been at ER at least twice that I know of this season.....once doing the half time draw (cant remember who we played... memory is crap!) and once he came into hospitality pre game to say hi to Scott Brown who was also supporting us (league cup quarters against Scu mmmbos). Can't keep good hibees away....

He's done the half time draw twice this season that I know of.

Against Stranraer and Hearts in the League Cup.

Lucius Apuleius
17-11-2013, 08:37 PM
He's done the half time draw twice this season that I know of.

Against Stranraer and Hearts in the League Cup.

he certainly did for the Stranraer game.:wink:

hfc rd
17-11-2013, 08:41 PM
The only time I can see any chance of Leigh coming back is probably later on in his career, before he retires from playing. Finish his playing career off at Hibs. He definitely has the potential to be plying his trade in the EPL, one day.

Flanny boy
17-11-2013, 09:12 PM
The only time I can see any chance of Leigh coming back is probably later on in his career, before he retires from playing. Finish his playing career off at Hibs. He definitely has the potential to be plying his trade in the EPL, one day.
Agree with this mate word for word :agree:

Gerard
17-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Is one of his missus' expecting or has that settled down now?

How many does he have??????????:wink::greengrin

DanHFC1875
18-11-2013, 07:54 AM
Who gives a TOSS about facts..... Bring him home :aok::flag:

MB62
18-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Who gives a TOSS about facts..... Bring him home :aok::flag:

If he wanted to come home, he would not have signed an extension to his contract at Wolves.

Leishy1995
18-11-2013, 10:43 AM
I genuinely believe if we signed Leigh Griffiths we'd have a higher gate every single game.