PDA

View Full Version : Players break

JimBHibees
15-11-2013, 11:36 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knew how many days the players got off this week? I would have thought given no game Saturday could have had 3 or 4 off but personally would have expected them to be in say Friday at latest onwards with a friendly game organised to keep them up to speed. Certainly IMO seems to be a case that PF's teams tended to do poorly after a break. I wonder if TB considered bringing them back in.

Seems an opportunity lost IMO.

Onceinawhile
15-11-2013, 11:38 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knew how many days the players got off this week? I would have thought given no game Saturday could have had 3 or 4 off but personally would have expected them to be in say Friday at latest onwards with a friendly game organised to keep them up to speed. Certainly IMO seems to be a case that PF's teams tended to do poorly after a break. I wonder if TB considered bringing them back in.

Seems an opportunity lost IMO.

So you don't know when or if they are off. But it's a waste anyway?

Groathillgrump
15-11-2013, 11:55 AM
I watched an interview with Terry Butcher and he seemed a bit peeved that Pat Fenlon had sanctioned a break for the players before he left. Terry said that as the players had already made arrangements to do things there was nothng he could do about it but was keen to get the players back to work on Monday.

JimBHibees
15-11-2013, 11:56 AM
So you don't know when or if they are off. But it's a waste anyway?

Good point. Just reading other posts indicating Butcher not happy with the amount of time being given off to players and wondered if anyone knew for sure.

JimBHibees
15-11-2013, 11:58 AM
I watched an interview with Terry Butcher and he seemed a bit peeved that Pat Fenlon had sanctioned a break for the players before he left. Terry said that as the players had already made arrangements to do things there was nothng he could do about it but was keen to get the players back to work on Monday.

Thanks for that that is what I thought I had picked up. Shame as IMO we could have done with the new management team getting as much time as possible with the players and set the tone.

silverhibee
15-11-2013, 12:04 PM

Probably be Tuesday as i am pretty sure Monday is the players day off.

Groathillgrump
15-11-2013, 12:07 PM
I've a feeling they're not going to know what's hit them next week Jim. And not before time too!

Groathillgrump
15-11-2013, 12:15 PM

Butcher definitely said he was getting all the players together on Monday mate. Sure it was an interview on Hibs TV I where heard that.

hibIBZ
15-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Sometimes i think a wee break can be beneficial. Give players a few days to relax away from the club and get mentally prepared to get going under new management

silverhibee
15-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Butcher definitely said he was getting all the players together on Monday mate. Sure it was an interview on Hibs TV I where heard that.

:aok:

Just read it mate.

Jelly legs for the players on Monday night. :greengrin

the happy hibee
15-11-2013, 07:24 PM
:aok:

Just read it mate.

Jelly legs for the players on Monday night. :greengrin

I was at east mains on wednesday afternoon at 15.30 and there were several players coming out of the centre with their kit bags looks like they had just finished training I noticed Stevenson, Clancy and taiwo among others so it look likes butcher is not messing about, this is what we want. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

SouthamptonHibs
15-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Can't believe those wage thiefs (our players), are getting time off. They should be at East Mains training. Never understood rewarding the players with time off at international break, you'd think they would want to work harder to improve not get hame to get pished with there mate's all weekend.

Love the Green
15-11-2013, 08:49 PM

FFS heres me thinking it was a Saturday

mca
15-11-2013, 09:01 PM

TB also mentioned something about some players having booked Flights ??

But i read somewhere in one of the rags - that another team.. Inverness had allready given the players 5 days off during the international break - But the players themselves cancelled the break to continue training - to try and keep up morale etc after TB and MM leaving.. !!!

Sounds like our boys can now only expect a five day break during the internationals and not just fly away to magaluf for a week.. :greengrin

oconnors_strip
15-11-2013, 09:31 PM
TB also mentioned something about some players having booked Flights ??

But i read somewhere in one of the rags - that another team.. Inverness had allready given the players 5 days off during the international break - But the players themselves cancelled the break to continue training - to try and keep up morale etc after TB and MM leaving.. !!!

Sounds like our boys can now only expect a five day break during the internationals and not just fly away to magaluf for a week.. :greengrin

Some of the players from south of England fly home rather than drive so I would say they are most likely to have booked flights

hibees 7062
15-11-2013, 09:55 PM
I was at east mains on wednesday afternoon at 15.30 and there were several players coming out of the centre with their kit bags looks like they had just finished training I noticed Stevenson, Clancy and taiwo among others so it look likes butcher is not messing about, this is what we want. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Seen him , the hair and Collins on Tuesday in St James Centre at 15.00 . Must have started on Wednesday cause they were full o beans

IberianHibernian
15-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Sometimes i think a wee break can be beneficial. Give players a few days to relax away from the club and get mentally prepared to get going under new managementDefinitely . Especially since we had cup final right at end of May , some players were in a Scotland Under 20 squad the week after and we played a friendly in Dumbarton before the end of June . Then off to Spain and Portugal and back for competitive matches . We had virtually no close season and several bad injuries to key players early on .

Delboy4
16-11-2013, 12:24 AM
Spoke to Terry last night and he said that Pat gave them 4 days off, wasn't best pleased but it was sanctioned before he was the manager...so he has to get on with it!!!!

allezsauzee
16-11-2013, 12:29 AM
If it is actually true that Fenlon gave the players 4 days off, there's nothing to stop big Tel from telling the squad it's rescinded and he wants them in for training. If you want to impress the new manager you would cancel any trip away and get your arse in for training , if not then you're out the team. Simples

Delboy4
16-11-2013, 01:02 AM
If it is actually true that Fenlon gave the players 4 days off, there's nothing to stop big Tel from telling the squad it's rescinded and he wants them in for training. If you want to impress the new manager you would cancel any trip away and get your arse in for training , if not then you're out the team. Simples

He said that most of the players had booked flights, so he had to let it go.

Not great but that's life.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Guess it would be intriguing to find the date that Fenlon said that this was fine because if it was in the back of his mind even before the Hearts game, he would have had an inkling that he wouldn't be in charge when the break came.

Phil D. Rolls
16-11-2013, 10:30 AM

Please please please play a game soon. :pray:

Danderhall Hibs
16-11-2013, 11:05 AM

Nothing stopping him apart from man management.

crewetollhibee
16-11-2013, 12:29 PM
:top marks
FFS heres me thinking it was a Saturday

RIP Bestie
16-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Spoke to Terry last night and he said that Pat gave them 4 days off, wasn't best pleased but it was sanctioned before he was the manager...so he has to get on with it!!!!

Just shows what a really nice man Pat is!!