PDA

View Full Version : NHC Pay what you can at Cliftonhill

CallumLaidlaw
14-11-2013, 11:59 PM
Will be interesting what crowd shows up and what people pay!

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/albion-rovers-host-pay-what-yon-can-game/

Hermit Crab
15-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Will be interesting what crowd shows up and what people pay!

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/albion-rovers-host-pay-what-yon-can-game/

Good idea. We could try something similar for the partick game?

Pete
15-11-2013, 06:09 AM
Good idea. We could try something similar for the partick game?

This sort of flexible pricing would be a bad idea.

People would clog up the pods asking for compensation for previous matches.:rolleyes:

Just_Jimmy
15-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Surely no one is handing over £5/£10/£15 when they could get in for a £1?

It's nuts.

Imagine if volkswagon said you can have the new golf for £100 but if you like you can pay £20,000. Not happening.

It's a stupid idea. It might encourage more fans at £1 each but as soon as it's £10 again they'll be gone.

CallumLaidlaw
15-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Surely no one is handing over £5/£10/£15 when they could get in for a £1?

It's nuts.

Imagine if volkswagon said you can have the new golf for £100 but if you like you can pay £20,000. Not happening.

It's a stupid idea. It might encourage more fans at £1 each but as soon as it's £10 again they'll be gone.

It's ok for 1 game. No one has emotional ties to Volkswagen. I know if Hibs done it, I wouldn't pay £1. Hopefully the people the normally go, decide to pay a tenner or something, while people that normally can't afford it, will pay the smaller amounts. Can see all the away fans only paying £1 tho.

hibby rae
15-11-2013, 08:55 AM
And what about us season ticket holders? Do we get reimbursed then if they try a scheme like that?

fat freddy
15-11-2013, 09:19 AM
I'd like to see a 'pay when you leave' system introduced at easter rd...the idea being you pay what you want based on the performance you have just witnessed...a nil nil draw you might throw a fiver in the bucket, a defeat you might give them your spare change, a three nil win against hearts, you just leave your debit card and pin number with Rod Petrie.

Hermit Crab
15-11-2013, 09:19 AM
And what about us season ticket holders? Do we get reimbursed then if they try a scheme like that?

Ok I'll bite. Why? It would be a one off and as a season ticket holder I wouldn't mind if hibs done this for one game. Anything to help get the crowds back.

Hibbyradge
15-11-2013, 09:21 AM
lol

Saorsa
15-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Nonsense idea, how many people would pay mair than they have tae, if they could get in for a quid they wouldnae pay a tenner even if they could afford it.

Weststandwanab
15-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Ok I'll bite. Why? It would be a one off and as a season ticket holder I wouldn't mind if hibs done this for one game. Anything to help get the crowds back. As a season tickets holder I agree with this view.

hibby rae
15-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Ok I'll bite. Why? It would be a one off and as a season ticket holder I wouldn't mind if hibs done this for one game. Anything to help get the crowds back.

As someone else said I think you'd probably see people come, pay the minimum and then not bother again. I don't think it's a terrible idea but details like that would need to be worked out. I'd probably favour the scheme if it was for children in a bid to entice younger supporters or free tickets for schools now and again etc.

Saorsa
15-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Ok I'll bite. Why? It would be a one off and as a season ticket holder I wouldn't mind if hibs done this for one game. Anything to help get the crowds back.Well as a ST I disagee. Why should people who have deserted the club be rewarded with cheap games while those who remained loyal have already paid more. They want tae come back, let them pay what others do, some will turn up for the cheap game and then no bother again 'til the next cheap game. Lets have two cheap games a season and totally devalue season tickets altogether.

Hibbyradge
15-11-2013, 10:01 AM
As someone else said I think you'd probably see people come, pay the minimum and then not bother again. I don't think it's a terrible idea but details like that would need to be worked out. I'd probably favour the scheme if it was for children in a bid to entice younger supporters or free tickets for schools now and again etc.

It currently costs £22 for an adult to watch a game. I don't know anyone who thinks that's too cheap.

How many do you think would even pay a tenner? Many would pay the minimum.

It wouldn't be "Pay what you can", it would be "Pay as little as your conscience will let you".

And, after a few liveners before the game, the conscience will have little to say.

Edit: Having said all that, if Hibs ever do this, I'll make sure I take full advantage of their generosity. Wetherspoons is currently selling real Ale for £1.29 a pint. That extra £21 will keep me in beer for the weekend!

Scouse Hibee
15-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Well as a ST I disagee. Why should people who have deserted the club be rewarded with cheap games while those who remained loyal have already paid more. They want tae come back, let them pay what others do, some will turn up for the cheap game and then no bother again 'til the next cheap game. Lets have two cheap games a season and totally devalue season tickets altogether.

:agree: Unless they allow season ticket holders to request a proportionate refund for each of these games. Pissed off with ideas that always benefit non ST holders. As for the pay on the way out suggestion, going on recent performances they would have to pay me!!

Hibbyradge
15-11-2013, 10:07 AM
:agree: Unless they allow season ticket holders to request a proportionate refund for each of these games. Pissed off with ideas that always benefit non ST holders. As for the pay on the way out suggestion, going on recent performances they would have to pay me!!

You've enjoyed the games so much you wouldn't leave unless they paid you?

Weirdo.

hibby rae
15-11-2013, 10:09 AM

Weirdo.

He's a masochist, comes from the last twenty years watching Liverpool:wink:

Scouse Hibee
15-11-2013, 10:12 AM

Weirdo.

Compensation :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
15-11-2013, 10:12 AM
He's a masochist, comes from the last twenty years watching Liverpool:wink:

Unfortunately I've spent the last twenty years watching this sheite. :greengrin

Hibercelona
15-11-2013, 10:15 AM

Weirdo.

:faf:

Hermit Crab
18-11-2013, 12:41 AM
A suggestion for one game and there's a bit of bed wetting about people getting in on the cheap and part refunds for s/t holders. One game folks. Tighter than Petrie at times. ;)

Dashing Bob S
18-11-2013, 01:26 AM
This is one for the Jambos, I think.

It's a stunt they'll surely try before long, and which will backfire.

Greentinted
18-11-2013, 04:39 AM
A fiddlers xmas and birthday come at once methinks. Too hard to maintain ongoing checks as the punters are coming in.

Scouse Hibee
18-11-2013, 08:55 AM
A suggestion for one game and there's a bit of bed wetting about people getting in on the cheap and part refunds for s/t holders. One game folks. Tighter than Petrie at times. ;)

Bed wetting! People giving an opinion is hardly bed wetting now is it.

Saorsa
18-11-2013, 09:01 AM
A suggestion for one game and there's a bit of bed wetting about people getting in on the cheap and part refunds for s/t holders. One game folks. Tighter than Petrie at times. ;)I'll tell you why I disagree with cheap offers. In the last 6 years something like 4,500 fans have decided tae stop going, a choice they are perfectly entitled tae make considering the rubbish that's been on offer.

Others made a different choice and decided this is our team and we're sticking with it anyway. In the last 6 years myself and others have spent over 2K (full adult prices) on season tickets tae keep the club financially supported in that time despite having tae watch said rubbish, while some others may have contributed next tae nothing.

Why should the people who have walked away be rewarded with cheap this and cheap that while others have and continue tae pay through the nose. How about for a change an idea tae reward those who remained loyal instead of those who never bothered?

I wouldnae mind something cheap for a change instead of subsidising every other cheap ticket in the ground. IMO these offers are of very little value anyway, you'll get some who'll turn up and will only return for the next cheap game, they'll make little difference tae crowds except for those one off games.

What's on the park will be the best thing tae temp folk back, prices went up at least once when Mowbray was the manager, that never stopped the crowds going up with them.

Hibbyradge
18-11-2013, 09:12 AM

If you try something and it fails badly, you wouldn't do it again, would you? No, of course not. We learn from our mistakes and we don't repeat them.

If you know in advance that something is going to fail badly, would you still go ahead with it, just to prove it would fail?

No, of course not.

Learning from our mistakes is the right thing to do, when we've made them.

But learning from other's mistakes before we copy them, is the clever thing to do.

gegs70
18-11-2013, 09:28 AM
I would honestly rather see season ticket prices pegged back to encourage people to buy them as the games seem to be all over the place that most folks miss a few games. The way hibs have been playing too £28 for hearts or Celtic games played at lunch times on TV is far too expensive. The Scottish game really is overpriced at the moment...they need to reduce cost and build up the fan base that actually go to games!!!

aunty joyce
18-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Well as a ST I disagee. Why should people who have deserted the club be rewarded with cheap games while those who remained loyal have already paid more. They want tae come back, let them pay what others do, some will turn up for the cheap game and then no bother again 'til the next cheap game. Lets have two cheap games a season and totally devalue season tickets altogether.

I too am a season ticket holder and wondered if allowing S/T holders to purchase an additional ticket for say £5 to the Partick Thistle game could be a option. I remember when the club offered S/T holders a free additional ticket to a game, it obviously made a huge difference to both the attendance & atmosphere?!?
I say £5 because I don't think it's feasible to give the tickets away free as a higher attendance will require additional stadium staff which would cost the club money - just a suggestion?

Hibbyradge
18-11-2013, 09:53 AM
I too am a season ticket holder and wondered if allowing S/T holders to purchase an additional ticket for say £5 to the Partick Thistle game could be a option. I remember when the club offered S/T holders a free additional ticket to a game, it obviously made a huge difference to both the attendance & atmosphere?!?
I say £5 because I don't think it's feasible to give the tickets away free as a higher attendance will require additional stadium staff which would cost the club money - just a suggestion?

Why though?

A few more folk might turn up for the subsidised game, but we already know that lowering prices does not increase attendances in the longer term.

In your scenario, many of the people who the ST holders give the £5 tickets to would have been going to the game at full price anyway, so Hibs would lose money for, as I pointed out above, no tangible benefit.

Last week we had people arguing for ICT fans to be given free admission and others saying that Hibs should have paid for their transport to the game. Now we're going to reduce income even further by letting people pay what they fancy.

Next thing we'll hear calls for Hibs to pay transfer fees and high salaries.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if the footballing authorities stopped taking the fans seriously. :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
18-11-2013, 10:00 AM
I'll tell you why I disagree with cheap offers. In the last 6 years something like 4,500 fans have decided tae stop going, a choice they are perfectly entitled tae make considering the rubbish that's been on offer.

Others made a different choice and decided this is our team and we're sticking with it anyway. In the last 6 years myself and others have spent over 2K (full adult prices) on season tickets tae keep the club financially supported in that time despite having tae watch said rubbish, while some others may have contributed next tae nothing.

Why should the people who have walked away be rewarded with cheap this and cheap that while others have and continue tae pay through the nose. How about for a change an idea tae reward those who remained loyal instead of those who never bothered?

I wouldnae mind something cheap for a change instead of subsidising every other cheap ticket in the ground. IMO these offers are of very little value anyway, you'll get some who'll turn up and will only return for the next cheap game, they'll make little difference tae crowds except for those one off games.

What's on the park will be the best thing tae temp folk back, prices went up at least once when Mowbray was the manager, that never stopped the crowds going up with them.

When the club moves to an enhanced access and ticketing system, one of the key things will be some form of loyalty system alongside other benefits. This is something that the club has been working on. Systems work as folks will appreciate doesn't happen overnight but the club has made good progress on this as outlined in the last LWt meeting.

Re reducing prices - the only way to go after lowering is raising. If it was the solution to all ills then would everyone not do it? I think the club is being fairly creative with its incentives but as ever there's always more that can be done...

hibs kids games - increased by a further game this season
reduced tickets to Stranraer and Hearts televised cup game
first 250? family STs in the FF lower kids went free
abolised booking fees for online and in-person ticket purchases

how does this compare with other SPFL clubs?
someone mentions Partick letting kids go free (was that for all games?)
if you look at the relative cost of that in comparison to the Hibs Kids/ST deals what does that equate to in £ & p ? Probably less? Partick has a lower cost base than Hibs (although I see they are building an academy so will increase) do we turn round to TB and say sorry we're cutting back on EM?

I agree with DD a don't think it's always about cost - I would evidence the sample of calls LWT volunteers took when looking to understand and provide feedback to the club around reasons for not renewing in 2012. If TB and MM can get us playing decent stuff with pride in performce on a consistent basis then folks may be enticed back.

Greendub
18-11-2013, 10:46 AM
It's ok for 1 game. No one has emotional ties to Volkswagen. I know if Hibs done it, I wouldn't pay £1. Hopefully the people the normally go, decide to pay a tenner or something, while people that normally can't afford it, will pay the smaller amounts. Can see all the away fans only paying £1 tho.

I do :greengrin

Pretty Boy
18-11-2013, 10:59 AM
I can see why there are reservations about an idea like this. As a ST holder myself i can see why others with STs would be particularly peeved.

BUT in the last few years we have lost between 4 and 6 thousand fans who were regulars during the Mowbray and Collins heyday. The number 1 reason for this is obviously the football on offer has ranged from poor to total pish. Personally though i think the number 2 reason is that it's easy to fall out of the 'habit' of going to the football. Maybe a couple of inventive deals to try to get people back into that habit aren't a bad idea.

I understand why this would frustrate some. It frustrates me because i've spent a small fortune on Hibs the last few years. However i want to see Hibs playing well and competing. Going all uber fan doesn't help matters, the simple fact is that to progress the team we need these lapsed fans back.

Saorsa
18-11-2013, 11:00 AM
I say £5 because I don't think it's feasible to give the tickets away free as a higher attendance will require additional stadium staff which would cost the club money - just a suggestion?If I got a £5 ticket it would end up with somebody who goes anyway and I'd assume a lot of folk would give it tae regular attender they ken (so the club loses money) rather than somebody who never goes. It may make a slight difference tae the gate for that game but when the cheap tickets are done it will go back tae just the regular attenders again so it wil achieve little except a loss for the club IMO. The product on the park is what will sell the tickets.

Saorsa
18-11-2013, 11:09 AM
I can see why there are reservations about an idea like this. As a ST holder myself i can see why others with STs would be particularly peeved.

BUT in the last few years we have lost between 4 and 6 thousand fans who were regulars during the Mowbray and Collins heyday. The number 1 reason for this is obviously the football on offer has ranged from poor to total pish. Personally though i think the number 2 reason is that it's easy to fall out of the 'habit' of going to the football. Maybe a couple of inventive deals to try to get people back into that habit aren't a bad idea.

I understand why this would frustrate some. It frustrates me because i've spent a small fortune on Hibs the last few years. However i want to see Hibs playing well and competing. Going all uber fan doesn't help matters, the simple fact is that to progress the team we need these lapsed fans back.WTF does that mean? It's **** all tae do with being an uber fan, it's about people paying what's fair tae other who have already paid and continue tae pay. I've never in my puff been one of those people who thinks they're a better supporter than anybody else just because I still go or has a go at anybody else for no going. It's their choice but if they want tae go they can bloody well pay the same as I've been paying and everybody else is paying, simple as that.

Pretty Boy
18-11-2013, 11:19 AM
WTF does that mean? It's **** all tae do with being an uber fan, it's about people paying what's fair tae other who have already paid and continue tae pay. I've never in my puff been one of those people who thinks they're a better supporter than anybody else just because I still go or has a go at anybody else for no going. It's their choice but if they want tae go they can bloody well pay the same as I've been paying and everybody else is paying, simple as that.

Sorry DD, bad turn of phrase on my part.

I suppose what i was trying to say is that every business at some time has to make concessions to tempt new or lapsed customers.

I pay for Sky Sports every month and it irks me that the other week it was available for free on Pick TV. Or i use William Hill for my online betting. New customers or customers who haven't used the service for a while get great deals, those of us who use it most days get next to nothing.

I wouldn't suggest Hibs make deals a regular thing but as a one off, whilst it annoys me, i understand why there may be a need for it. Almost everyone has at some point benefited from a deal as a new customer that isn't available to established ones.

gegs70
18-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Reduce season ticket prices to a point people want to buy a season ticket £200-300 most people work shifts monday - sunday so with that there is more possibility they will miss games so you have to make it worth while. Ticket pricing needs to be brought in line too. £28 quid for a celtic game at 12:45 and on telly what a rip off!

PatHead
18-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Lets take a look at what Hibs have done over the past few seasons to entice fans: 1. No booking fees. (Aberdeen charge £1 per ticket, Hearts charge as well £1.50? whilst Motherwell charge 10%), 2. Monthly season tickets at no interest with Hibs picking up the interest charge, 3. Free tickets given away to schools, clubs and deserving causes for every home game, 4. 250 free children's season tickets in the Famous 5, 5. Children's prices from £15 per season, 6. Free tickets given away with the membership scheme, 7. ST bring a friend for free. Doubtless their will be other incentives I have forgotten. None of this has worked to the extent we would have liked and I would like to see the option to buy 5 or 6 game tickets at once and a potentially cheaper ticket if you buy prior to match day. Quite simply a winning team on the park will bring supporters back more than anything else. (Sorry the spacing won't work on my laptop to make it read better.)

Hibbyradge
18-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Lets take a look at what Hibs have done over the past few seasons to entice fans: 1. No booking fees. (Aberdeen charge £1 per ticket, Hearts charge as well £1.50? whilst Motherwell charge 10%), 2. Monthly season tickets at no interest with Hibs picking up the interest charge, 3. Free tickets given away to schools, clubs and deserving causes for every home game, 4. 250 free children's season tickets in the Famous 5, 5. Children's prices from £15 per season, 6. Free tickets given away with the membership scheme, 7. ST bring a friend for free. Doubtless their will be other incentives I have forgotten. None of this has worked to the extent we would have liked and I would like to see the option to buy 5 or 6 game tickets at once and a potentially cheaper ticket if you buy prior to match day. Quite simply a winning team on the park will bring supporters back more than anything else. (Sorry the spacing won't work on my laptop to make it read better.)

Good points. I'm sure Hibs have tried the cheaper in advance strategy too (was it for the Malmo game?)

I have advocated the idea of a Hibs selling a ticket for 5 or 6 games for a while, but I've not really thought through whether it would detrimentally affect season ticket sales. Maybe one of the LWT folk can clarify?

I think it would be easy enough to administer, though. The "pass" would entitle you to a ticket, but wouldn't guarantee you the same seat.

EuanH78
18-11-2013, 12:50 PM
This kind of 'pay what you want' idea works well on the internet. Humble bundle.com being a good example, their recent origin bundle raised nearly $10M for charity. Yes some people pay the bare minimum but there are also people who pay way over the odds. Might be good for a one off.

leggeto
18-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Why can't we just let kids in for a quid when accompanied by an adult,forking out £12 for a 5y old pisses me off especially when you are just getting them used to the atmosphere,and he doesn't really watch the game much,but that comes when their older

TowerHibs
18-11-2013, 01:18 PM
WTF does that mean? It's **** all tae do with being an uber fan, it's about people paying what's fair tae other who have already paid and continue tae pay. I've never in my puff been one of those people who thinks they're a better supporter than anybody else just because I still go or has a go at anybody else for no going. It's their choice but if they want tae go they can bloody well pay the same as I've been paying and everybody else is paying, simple as that.

Do you have the same kind of breakdown when you travel by plane or train??? Or what about someone getting the same loaf of bread for 10p cheaper> Or joining fee's at gyms? If letting fans in for £10 one weekend and it attracts 2000 extra fans, sure its worth the 100-200 fans who may return on a full time basis.

You pay your season ticket money at the start of the season, fair do's. But that is the risk you pay if clubs decides to increase or decrease match day tickets. If something happened to the club and they had to increase ticket prices by a £5 a game. Would you be handing over that £5 every week as you have underpaid at start of the season????

cocopops1875
18-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Do you have the same kind of breakdown when you travel by plane or train??? Or what about someone getting the same loaf of bread for 10p cheaper> Or joining fee's at gyms? If letting fans in for £10 one weekend and it attracts 2000 extra fans, sure its worth the 100-200 fans who may return on a full time basis.

You pay your season ticket money at the start of the season, fair do's. But that is the risk you pay if clubs decides to increase or decrease match day tickets.
See as much as I don't agree with DD (as it doesn't bother me if the club do promotions) I can't agree with your " that is the risk you pay" chat buying a season ticket should not be a risk ( unless you are a yam ) it should at least be a small saving from walking up, in the last few years it has meant missing one game makes it cheaper to be a walk up

Saorsa
18-11-2013, 01:59 PM
See as much as I don't agree with DD (as it doesn't bother me if the club do promotions) I can't agree with your " that is the risk you pay" chat buying a season ticket should not be a risk ( unless you are a yam ) it should at least be a small saving from walking up, in the last few years it has meant missing one game makes it cheaper to be a walk upExactly, totally devalues a ST and will only serve tae discourage a lot of people from paying up front if they think they're going tae get two or three cheaper games a season and save mair than the ST does.

gegs70
18-11-2013, 02:01 PM

They also used itison sites to sell tickets for meal before the game. Some of which is a great idea but they were not doing well and people go to be entertained....

TowerHibs
18-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Exactly, totally devalues a ST and will only serve tae discourage a lot of people from paying up front if they think they're going tae get two or three cheaper games a season and save mair than the ST does.

but surely the amount of lunch time, sunday and monday games devalues the season ticket anyway????? It used to be if you missed 3/4 games you were still better off, now if you miss 1 or 2 your losing out

cocopops1875
18-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Exactly, totally devalues a ST and will only serve tae discourage a lot of people from paying up front if they think they're going tae get two or three cheaper games a season and save mair than the ST does.

I get your point Dan but I don't have an issue with the club doing offers though I always feel they should be done with the ST holders in mind (free ticket for old firm games last season ) I gave mine to my old man who doesn't go much these days and certainly wouldn't have gone to that match so there is another bum on a seat and has made me feel like I got added value from my ST, however if they want to reduce prices for one or two games to try and pack out the stadium then I'm in

Scouse Hibee
18-11-2013, 02:18 PM
but surely the amount of lunch time, sunday and monday games devalues the season ticket anyway????? It used to be if you missed 3/4 games you were still better off, now if you miss 1 or 2 your losing out

It doesn't devalue mine, differing KO times and days are part and parcel of the game and have been for years now. I buy my ST knowing this and manage to see every game. Th only thing that does devalue it is offers given to other throughout the season.

Saorsa
18-11-2013, 02:32 PM
but surely the amount of lunch time, sunday and monday games devalues the season ticket anyway????? It used to be if you missed 3/4 games you were still better off, now if you miss 1 or 2 your losing outNot for me and even if it does I'm happy tae wear that, but when they actually start letting people in tae games for less than what my ST cost is per game on the basis of all games, then I'm no happy about that. Why should I pay 19 quid a game (or however much it works out) upfront just for other people tae be able tae get in cheaper at other times when it suits them tae go?

Anyway as I said these discounts achieve little, it's been proven before, people will turn up for the cheap games and then when they have tae pay the normal price winnae bother if it's rubbish. A winning team playing decent fitba is what will bring punters back. When Mowbray was manager prices and even price increases never stopped those extra four and a half - five thousand turning up, when the fitba was worth watching people came tae watch it. The same will happen again when it is worth watching.

marinello59
18-11-2013, 03:42 PM

Is this an argument for devaluing them further then?:confused:

marinello59
18-11-2013, 03:44 PM

You pay your season ticket money at the start of the season, fair do's. But that is the risk you pay if clubs decides to increase or decrease match day tickets. If something happened to the club and they had to increase ticket prices by a £5 a game. Would you be handing over that £5 every week as you have underpaid at start of the season????

No. It's advertised as the best value.

marinello59
18-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Reduce season ticket prices to a point people want to buy a season ticket £200-300 most people work shifts monday - sunday so with that there is more possibility they will miss games so you have to make it worth while. Ticket pricing needs to be brought in line too. £28 quid for a celtic game at 12:45 and on telly what a rip off!

That's a whole different argument. We would all love to pay less. Unfortunately decent players want to be paid more.

TowerHibs
18-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Not for me and even if it does I'm happy tae wear that, but when they actually start letting people in tae games for less than what my ST cost is per game on the basis of all games, then I'm no happy about that. Why should I pay 19 quid a game (or however much it works out) upfront just for other people tae be able tae get in cheaper at other times when it suits them tae go?

Anyway as I said these discounts achieve little, it's been proven before, people will turn up for the cheap games and then when they have tae pay the normal price winnae bother if it's rubbish. A winning team playing decent fitba is what will bring punters back. When Mowbray was manager prices and even price increases never stopped those extra four and a half - five thousand turning up, when the fitba was worth watching people came tae watch it. The same will happen again when it is worth watching.

i was playing a bit devils advocaat to be fair but although it may not devalue it for you it certainly does for me. I begged and cause a bit of aggro in my work to ensure i have saturdays off to get a ST, and now it is not worth it. I get to all games i can now but paying over £23 a game just for myself, never mind the wee man, prices me out.

I also agree that if the football is good then the crowds will recover but i dont share your thoughts that we would get the crowds of Mowbary's era

Speedy
19-11-2013, 01:38 AM
I'll tell you why I disagree with cheap offers. In the last 6 years something like 4,500 fans have decided tae stop going, a choice they are perfectly entitled tae make considering the rubbish that's been on offer.

It's not about rewarding people.

ScottB
19-11-2013, 06:44 AM
The psychology of such things are interesting, I've heard of bars were you pay what you like, the pattern is people usually grab the first couple for as little as they can, but then balance out, paying as much as they normally would.

Football would likely be the same as a permanent approach, but a one off will probably not work...

Just_Jimmy
19-11-2013, 09:25 AM

I knew this arguement would come up when i posted orginally. They obviously dont have emotional ties to their team since they dont go. Sorry. The whole thing is a farce.

Phil MaGlass
19-11-2013, 11:18 AM

Not wishing to argue, but in these times when there are better things to do with your hard earned cash, I would say we have done quite well, especially considering the dross we have had to watch in the past years, the average has came down but the punters are still coming to the games in decent numbers, 8,000 plus I would say (at the moment) is a decent number, and, had we not been doing the incentives you just mention, I would think it would be alot lower than 8,000, although it is impossible to prove but every little helps I suppose.
As you say a winning team on the park WILL bring the elapsed punters back.

gegs70
19-11-2013, 11:38 AM
That's a whole different argument. We would all love to pay less. Unfortunately decent players want to be paid more.

I dont think weve had many decent players recentley certainly nothing exciting in the past few years (Griffiths perhaps). But my point was to make a season ticket great value that more people bought one. Its really about filling the ground then raising prices each season and building on what you have. No point in fleecing fans who turn up week in week out. season tickets mean that they are paying in advance regardless of what crap ends up on the pitch, walk ups can just decide not to bother going if uts that bad.....selling season tickets guarantees the budget for the club.

gegs70
19-11-2013, 11:39 AM
However I do like tge idea of free child season tickets, I think Partick do something like this?

leggeto
19-11-2013, 08:55 PM
However I do like tge idea of free child season tickets, I think Partick do something like this?

yes please I paid £115 for my son to sit in the east with me and they are cheaper in the cowshed,what's that all about,plus £12 for an under 5 hurts too

Hermit Crab
19-11-2013, 09:08 PM

What's classed as a child? Under 16 or under 12?

PatHead
19-11-2013, 10:02 PM
What's classed as a child? Under 16 or under 12?

Depends on if you ask a Hibs or Hearts supporter

Jonnyboy
19-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Jeezo, only Albion Rovers could spark a thread like this :greengrin

monktonharp
19-11-2013, 11:35 PM
WTF does that mean? It's **** all tae do with being an uber fan, it's about people paying what's fair tae other who have already paid and continue tae pay. I've never in my puff been one of those people who thinks they're a better supporter than anybody else just because I still go or has a go at anybody else for no going. It's their choice but if they want tae go they can bloody well pay the same as I've been paying and everybody else is paying, simple as that.the aulder you get, the mair crabbit you get by the day! It is all about trying to get fans back. I would not care if they ran an incetive system for 6 weeks with fans getting in for a fiver. you know i'm a ST holder and have been for years. some oot there cant afford to do that and take descisions not to go. some want to go, but are not willing to unless the product is what's been seen in the past. these are the ones that end up lost to the overall support that our club needs. extend an olive branch now and then. see what happens and stop yer girnin' .

Saorsa
19-11-2013, 11:42 PM
the aulder you get, the mair crabbit you get by the day! It is all about trying to get fans back. I would not care if they ran an incetive system for 6 weeks with fans getting in for a fiver. you know i'm a ST holder and have been for years. some oot there cant afford to do that and take descisions not to go. some want to go, but are not willing to unless the product is what's been seen in the past. these are the ones that end up lost to the overall support that our club needs. extend an olive branch now and then. see what happens and stop yer girnin' .Think we'll agree tae disagree and I'll say as I think thanks. :aok: