PDA

View Full Version : Is this the problem with Scottish football?

Viva_Palmeiras
14-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Representative or isolated spat?

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/celtic-s-tony-watt-in-more-trouble-at-lierse-1-3188328

Mikeystewart
14-11-2013, 09:17 AM
To be fair to him with regards to red card bit at the end. I seen the video for so called violent conduct Watt's hand brushed the players face and he went down like a sack of tatties, not even a free kick let alone a Red card, no malice in it whatsoever. I've heard though that he prefers MacDonald's and the Playstation to Training.

SmashinGlass
14-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Representative or isolated spat?

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/celtic-s-tony-watt-in-more-trouble-at-lierse-1-3188328

I'm assuming that he is unaware that being called "unfit" does not necessarily translate to "fat". It's painful to read about but unfortunately all too common.

JimBHibees
14-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Obviously thought he had made it after scoring v Barca, his career has went backwards since. Poor attitude obviously IMO.

Billychaotic182
14-11-2013, 10:00 AM
I remember some on her were saying our Callum Booth is the same and that's why it didn't work at hibs for him. Watt is a really good young player but I can see him being another Garry O'Connor where his life off the pitch will ruin his life on it

greenlex
14-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Butcher should get in for him. Add hin to the Easter Road revelution and knock that **** out of him. Terrific player that needs to sort himself out. Butcher is just the man to give him a hand.

alexedwards
14-11-2013, 10:44 AM
It's everything that wrong with our players. No problem identifying with that sequence of events.
Asked to be a professional and couldn't match the requirement.
How many years have we been bringing in Dutch (ok: this Belgian but it's a high standard also) professionals or referring to them and wanting to introduce their ways into our football?
25yrs? more? - and yet the same basic problem remains - Not Fit Enough or professional enough to adapt.
That's why over the years we have exported so few top players.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-11-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm still surprised that superior fitness is held up as some new phenomenon (has anyone seen the film Idiocracy? It's like the moment when that guy suggests spraying failing crops with water rather than Gatorade).

And of all places For fitness to fall behind in the pecking order at Hibs after JC is pretty unforgivable.

Its a competitive advantage in the SPL/SPFL (or was) just look at Partick as an example. It's a disadvantage to those who pay no heed.

With a a facility like EM there should be no excuses. If I were TB I'd want to timetable to know what folks were doing but over and above that Id want to have the players diarise what they do to get them thinking about what they do currently and what they can then do to make them better.

Haymaker
14-11-2013, 01:39 PM
It isnt THE problem however it is A problem.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-11-2013, 01:42 PM
It isnt THE problem however it is A problem.

True - Fair point.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Kinda makes you wonder what he failed to comply with - wearing the pink bib?
can you imagine anyone daring to turn round to Fergie or Knox at training and say "not happening fella..."