PDA

View Full Version : Sean O'Hanlon

fatbloke
13-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Watching Fleetwood v Carlisle. 1-0 to Fleetwood. Sean O'H playing for Carlisle, playing well, clearing lines, taking no prisoners and a danger up front. How come he looked like a donkey with us?

JIm
13-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Watching Fleetwood v Carlisle. 1-0 to Fleetwood. Sean O'H playing for Carlisle, playing well, clearing lines, taking no prisoners and a danger up front. How come he looked like a donkey with us?

Cause the SPFL is better than you think? Or because League 1/2 is pish? Perhaps both?

SteveHFC
13-11-2013, 08:36 PM

Because we had a clueless manager in charge? :wink:

Gus
13-11-2013, 08:37 PM
He was so good that he looked rubbish

TheFamous1875
13-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Was he no unplayable at Pittodrie? Seem to recall him having a big part in helping us stay up in that match. Allegedly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fatbloke
13-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Cause the SPFL is better than you think? Or because League 1/2 is pish? Perhaps both?

Probably both:greengrin

Pretty Boy
13-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Guy played a huge part in saving us from relegation with his goal and performance in Aberdeen.

Although his earlier performances probably contributed to us being in that position in the 1st place.

tamig
13-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Was he no unplayable at Pittodrie? Seem to recall him having a big part in helping us stay up in that match. Allegedly.

He was. I think he got off to a bad start here - breaking a bone in his foot in the first game of the season against Celtic iirc. Don't know if he was rushed back or not but he didn't look the same after that. I'm sure he did well in that Celtic game - looking like the no-nonsense stopper we expected.

Liams
13-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Was he not good/soild untill he broke his toe

Northernhibee
13-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Colin Calderwood, mostly.

However at Pittodrie he put in one of the best defensive performances I've seen from a Hibs CB since Jones - Fantastically taken goal, everything he did was gold - if he'd played like that consistently he'd have been incredible.

Shame that in almost every other game he played for us he was total *****.

tamig
13-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Btw that Fleetwood stand looks cracking. Its almost like a scaled down version of the £51m super stand. Looks like a really smart ground.

Billychaotic182
13-11-2013, 09:35 PM
At the Aberdeen game he was fantastic. But that was the only time I saw a player in him. And the fact that Dundee and other teams never signed him after he was training with them says it all

GreenArmyyy!
13-11-2013, 09:43 PM

I was at that game and can confirm this rumour is true. FACT.

Slim Shady
13-11-2013, 09:47 PM
At the Aberdeen game he was fantastic. But that was the only time I saw a player in him. And the fact that Dundee and other teams never signed him after he was training with them says it all

He ended up playing with Bonnyrigg Rose!!!

Leishy1995
13-11-2013, 10:01 PM
He was bloody awful tonight in my opinion. Nearly got two assists shame it was for fleetwood.

.Sean.
13-11-2013, 10:06 PM
He was *****.

NatureBoy
13-11-2013, 10:14 PM
O'Headless what a centre half,reminded me of a young Fabio Cannavaro!

Bishop Hibee
13-11-2013, 10:22 PM
League 1 level is murder. We aspire to a lot better than O'Hanlon could offer.

Speedy
14-11-2013, 12:46 AM

I hate that phrase. It makes no sense.

hibeeleicester
14-11-2013, 01:25 AM
League 1 level is murder. We aspire to a lot better than O'Hanlon could offer.

It's probably not all as murder as you think....

Danderhall Hibs
14-11-2013, 06:46 AM
He ended up playing with Bonnyrigg Rose!!!

He lived in Bonnyrigg and played one or two games for them to keep fit after he agreed to leave us early.

PeterboroHibee
14-11-2013, 06:48 AM
He was probably the worst defender Ive ever seen. The game vs Cowdenbeath stands out in particular, he caused chaos in our defence that night!

Austinho
14-11-2013, 07:25 AM
i live in Carlisle and saw them lose 4 goals the other week. He scored a header for Carlisle but was really poor for 3 of the 4 goals, Nuff said !!!!

allezsauzee
14-11-2013, 07:53 AM
The way that a team plays is often more relevant than the standard of the league as to how good a player looks. Most people get dewy eyed when they think about Rob Jones but Mixu's team was set up perfect for him. A very narrow formation and hoofball was great for the big man. He didn't look nearly the same player under JCs total football.

LancsHibs
14-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Btw that Fleetwood stand looks cracking. Its almost like a scaled down version of the £51m super stand. Looks like a really smart ground.

Yes it's a great stand, Fleetwood is my local club and have been quite a lot. It's been quite amazing to watch the way the club has catapulted up the English league pyramid and the ground developed from a ramshackle mess to the state of the art facilities now. They have just announced work to begin on a multimillion training complex like East Mians, puts their bigger neighbours down the road at Bkackpool to shame!