PDA

View Full Version : Team Selection

DAZ86
13-11-2013, 01:12 PM
I would love butcher to make a statement and really give our young team a chance.

I would also like to see Cairney getting a game to prove himself again.

Williams

McGivern
Nelson
Forster
Maybury

Thomson
Robertson
Craig

Handling

Caldwell
Collins

I know the above team lacks width but brin in Harris and Cairney if need be or just Harris and play Handling wide.

Baffles me how good Caldwell, Forster and Handling looked then they were dropped.

Zoubir has potential but he is far too raw for the fight we need in the SPFL over the next few weeek/months.

Liams
13-11-2013, 01:22 PM
Dont think he would choose that team, heff would be in there with/or for collins. LC SR KT in a midfield would totally kill LC and SR attacking properties. If your playing that style of formation there would be a mid of 1 holding in front of the back 4 and two that would be trying to keep a MF leaving the attacking 3 as your threat.

Allant1981
13-11-2013, 04:20 PM
I would love butcher to make a statement and really give our young team a chance.

I would also like to see Cairney getting a game to prove himself again.

Williams

McGivern
Nelson
Forster
Maybury

Thomson
Robertson
Craig

Handling

Caldwell
Collins

I know the above team lacks width but brin in Harris and Cairney if need be or just Harris and play Handling wide.

Baffles me how good Caldwell, Forster and Handling looked then they were dropped.

Zoubir has potential but he is far too raw for the fight we need in the SPFL over the next few weeek/months.

If you would seriously drop heffernan for caldwell then im glad you dont have to pick the team

DAZ86
13-11-2013, 05:22 PM
If you would seriously drop heffernan for caldwell then im glad you dont have to pick the team

An oversight from me, Hef would be in for collins.

Hibby Gav
13-11-2013, 05:45 PM
I'd rather that TB picked the team based on what he saw in training...who had shown for him...work ..skill and the system he wants.

Borderhibbie76
13-11-2013, 11:32 PM
In TB we trust but for me Caldwell has a lot to do before earning a start...derby goal apart he flatters to deceive as well as spouting nonsense on Twitter.

Vault Boy
13-11-2013, 11:41 PM
I have complete belief that Terry and Maurice will be thorough in their selection process over the international break, taking everything they see in training into account. If that's anything to go by so far, apparently Terry was impressed by McPake in what he saw in the first session, so who knows, the captain may have some more to give to us under the correct management. We'll wait and see, but I know that whoever Terry does pick for the game against St Mirren will have given their all in training, and that is important.

:tbgwa:

sauzeelegod
13-11-2013, 11:53 PM
GK - Williams
RB - Maybury
CH - Nelson
CH - Hanlon
LB - Stevenson

RM - Cairney/Zoubir
CM- Robertson
CM - Craig
LM - Mcgivern

ST - Collins
ST - Heffernan

Mcgivern at left mid could work. Imo he's better going forward than he is defensively. Would give us some width at least until Harris is back.
Difficult in the middle as Craig, Robertson and KT are all good players but one of them would have to miss out in this set up.

DAZ86
14-11-2013, 12:33 PM
GK - Williams
RB - Maybury
CH - Nelson
CH - Hanlon
LB - Stevenson

RM - Cairney/Zoubir
CM- Robertson
CM - Craig
LM - Mcgivern

ST - Collins
ST - Heffernan

Mcgivern at left mid could work. Imo he's better going forward than he is defensively. Would give us some width at least until Harris is back.
Difficult in the middle as Craig, Robertson and KT are all good players but one of them would have to miss out in this set up.

I like the look of this team also.

I would like to see Forster and Handling getting more of a shout.