PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

hibee81
13-11-2013, 05:51 AM
Lewis is about to start under yet another manager his 7th (Since his breakthrough), he has come in for a fair bit of stick over the years but is IMO a very professional footballer who knows his limits and does what he knows well.

What i'm interested to hear is, If yet another manager decides he's good enough to merit a starting jersey, will the boo boys and "Lewis is gash" boys finally eat their words and give the lad a bit of credit.

hibs4thecup1988
13-11-2013, 05:52 AM
No. Every support has their fans that don't get along with a player. For some reason Lewis is it.

I am with you by the way!

Seveno
13-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Lewis was given renewed confidence under Fenlon and has been an outstanding player for us bearing in mind the three different positions that he has been asked to play. He always gives 100% and has more skill than a lot of people give him credit for.

I expect him to flourish under TB.

Tricla
13-11-2013, 06:01 AM
He's an example to the rest IMO.

hibsbollah
13-11-2013, 06:10 AM
Warning-Lewis Content.

Judging by Butcher's comments about the importance of hard work, i'd say Lewis will be a TB type of player. But then again, Mowbray Collins, Hughes (or was it Mixu? One of these two didnt play him regularly, cant remember,,,) Calderwood and Fenlon all liked him too. Which tells us a lot about his qualities.

TrinityHibs
13-11-2013, 06:12 AM
TB will want 100% commitment. Lewis will give him that. Others need to step up to the mark.

Hibbyradge
13-11-2013, 06:16 AM
TB will want 100% commitment. Lewis will give him that. Others need to step up to the mark.

All managers want 100% commitment.

"Right lads, I want a full 75% from all of you today..."

gorgie greens
13-11-2013, 06:27 AM
the poor guy could pay a blinder and he would still get dogs,seen it with many a player over the years and they are always the guys who are at the club for a few seasons,Brian Hamilton,super Joe,they all come in to the same bracket for me as guys who do give 100%,must admit Hamilton or Stevenson are not my cup of tea but i would put them in the team before any primadona ie Riordan or GOC,guys who had buckets of ability but could not be bothered or it looked like it from where i was watching.

drumatic44
13-11-2013, 06:33 AM
He'll do for me , 100% commitment, doesn't hide, no off the park nonsense, and don't forget that CIS final performance. !!
Allez les Vertes Originales !!

aunty joyce
13-11-2013, 06:43 AM
Totally agree - Lewis ALWAYS gives 100%, unfortunately that will never be enough for some people on here and whatever you think of him that is undeniable

Listening to his latest interview on Hibernian TV you can tell he's hurting too.

A new Manager and a new Management team . . . Let our season start here lads & lassies and no matter what your opinion is of individual players let's get behind the TEAM and give them our full backing.

Let's make Easter Road a great place to be for everyone - . . . except the opposition of course ;-))

GGTTH

Hibbyradge
13-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Totally agree - Lewis ALWAYS gives 100%, unfortunately that will never be enough for some people on here and whatever you think of him that is undeniable

Listening to his latest interview on Hibernian TV you can tell he's hurting too.

A new Manager and a new Management team . . . Let our season start here lads & lassies and no matter what your opinion is of individual players let's get behind the TEAM and give them our full backing.

Let's make Easter Road a great place to be for everyone - . . . except the opposition of course ;-))

GGTTH

Put me in a Hibs strip and I'll give 100%.

I'll make it clear I'm hurting when we lose too.

I'd guess that wouldn't be good enough for some folk though.

lapsedhibee
13-11-2013, 07:09 AM
I don't think Lewis gets the credit on here that he deserves when he has a good game, but it puzzles me that someone who is said to give 100% commitment has not in more than seven years of being a full time professional footballer learned to kick a football properly with his right foot. Watching him play at right back, it's as if he's being forced to learn how to do this during SPFL matches. If he's as dedicated as made out on here, why hasn't he stayed behind after training every single day of those seven years to master the skill. Or would that be giving 110%?

Not having a go, genuinely puzzled.

(Ditto those professionals who can't kick with their left foot, btw - not picking on lefties here.) (Maradona was just as bad.)

CB_NO3
13-11-2013, 07:15 AM
Ill always give credit when credit is due. I do feel sorry for Stevenson at times getting chucked about all over the place but I dont think he is good enough for Hibs on a regular basis. Attitude is second to none but it does not make you a good player. The thing is Stevenson is not a bad player, he is just not a very good player.

bingo70
13-11-2013, 07:15 AM
If butcher decides he's not good enough to merit a starting jersey will he then be a "lewis is gash" boy or a boo boy?

I know he splits opinion on here but its the over the top praise he gets whenever he has a mediocre game that annoys me. There's probably a place in the squad for him due to his versatility but he's no really that good in any position. He'll do as cover though.

Saorsa
13-11-2013, 07:17 AM
If butcher decides he's not good enough to merit a starting jersey will he then be a "lewis is gash" boy or a boo boy?

I know he splits opinion on here but its the over the top praise he gets whenever he has a mediocre game that annoys me. There's probably a place in the squad for him due to his versatility but he's no really that good in any position. He'll do as cover though.What about the over criticism when he has a mediocre game. :wink:

clerriehibs
13-11-2013, 07:30 AM
Put me in a Hibs strip and I'll give 100%.

I'll make it clear I'm hurting when we lose too.

I'd guess that wouldn't be good enough for some folk though.

None of the managers in Lewis's time would have picked you though.

Hibbyradge
13-11-2013, 07:42 AM
None of the managers in Lewis's time would have picked you though.

You don't know that.

Calderwood might have. :wink:

hibee81
13-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Its all about opinions and IMO Lewis is a lot better than what he is given credit for, as i said in the opening post he does what he knows to do well. No he is never going to be a world beater but is far from the worst player in the squad.
What I reckon Lewis brings to the table is the following.

Workrate - Never gives up and if even half the team put in as much effort as he does then I don't think the team over the last few years would be where it has been.
Versatility - VERY rarely does Lewis have an absolute stinker of a game and more often than not is IMO one of the standout despite being played in 3/4 different positions over the years.
Passing - Not very often does Lewis give the ball away to the opposition and on the rare occasion he does his workrate comes into it to win the ball back.
Vision / Awareness - Again despite playing all over the park his awareness and vision is very good and more often gets punished due to others around him and their lack vision/awareness/workrate.

on top of this, I feel that he has a good level of technique in regards to control and at times going past a player which he can do but just doesn't do it enough and he is also far from slow.

At 25 i do feel he needs to be using his right foot on a more regular basis and work hard to improve it. He should also spend a fair bit of time with sparky or someone of the likes and learn how to hit a ball at goal maybe then he will weigh in with a few goals for the team.

All IMO of course.

Glesgahibby
13-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Scapegoat to many times !!
not scared to offer himself but when put under pressure there's not many players on offer to help him out.

Brightside
13-11-2013, 08:34 AM
I don't think Lewis gets the credit on here that he deserves when he has a good game, but it puzzles me that someone who is said to give 100% commitment has not in more than seven years of being a full time professional footballer learned to kick a football properly with his right foot. Watching him play at right back, it's as if he's being forced to learn how to do this during SPFL matches. If he's as dedicated as made out on here, why hasn't he stayed behind after training every single day of those seven years to master the skill. Or would that be giving 110%?

Not having a go, genuinely puzzled.

(Ditto those professionals who can't kick with their left foot, btw - not picking on lefties here.) (Maradona was just as bad.)

Its a scottish thing. We never used to force kids to use both feet when developing players. I always get kids, lefties to play on the right and vice versa. Also in training you get them to concentrate on weak feet, or any other areas they are weak at. Its not tricky but many youth coaches are only concerned with winning diddy leagues for 9yos than creating proper players.

Seveno
13-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Its all about opinions and IMO Lewis is a lot better than what he is given credit for, as i said in the opening post he does what he knows to do well. No he is never going to be a world beater but is far from the worst player in the squad.
What I reckon Lewis brings to the table is the following.

Workrate - Never gives up and if even half the team put in as much effort as he does then I don't think the team over the last few years would be where it has been.
Versatility - VERY rarely does Lewis have an absolute stinker of a game and more often than not is IMO one of the standout despite being played in 3/4 different positions over the years.
Passing - Not very often does Lewis give the ball away to the opposition and on the rare occasion he does his workrate comes into it to win the ball back.
Vision / Awareness - Again despite playing all over the park his awareness and vision is very good and more often gets punished due to others around him and their lack vision/awareness/workrate.

on top of this, I feel that he has a good level of technique in regards to control and at times going past a player which he can do but just doesn't do it enough and he is also far from slow.

At 25 i do feel he needs to be using his right foot on a more regular basis and work hard to improve it. He should also spend a fair bit of time with sparky or someone of the likes and learn how to hit a ball at goal maybe then he will weigh in with a few goals for the team.

All IMO of course.

He also out jumps players that are much taller and wins the ball in the air.

My_Wife_Camille
13-11-2013, 08:37 AM
I'm a big fan of Lewis and I'm delighted that he seems to have found a new lease of life under Pat after stalling bit during the Hughes and Calderwood eras.

It's easy to see that he could do better in the final 3rd as his goals/assist record isn't too hot but a lot of people don't seem to appreciate how good he actually is at the other stuff.

His passing is usually faultless, he is much better at taking on a defender than he is given credit for and he also has a decent turn of pace that usually goes unnoticed.

Hopefully Butcher and Malpas can get him to be a bit more effective in and around the oppositions penalty area and we'll have a very good player on our hands!

TrinityHibs
13-11-2013, 08:38 AM

If Fenlon had managed 50% things would have been better.

hibee_girl
13-11-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm a big fan of Lewis and I'm delighted that he seems to have found a new lease of life under Pat after stalling bit during the Hughes and Calderwood eras.

It's easy to see that he could do better in the final 3rd as his goals/assist record isn't too hot but a lot of people don't seem to appreciate how good he actually is at the other stuff.

His passing is usually faultless, he is much better at taking on a defender than he is given credit for and he also has a decent turn of pace that usually goes unnoticed.

Hopefully Butcher and Malpas can get him to be a bit more effective in and around the oppositions penalty area and we'll have a very good player on our hands!

Agree completely with everything you have said.

Crossgates Hibs
13-11-2013, 08:40 AM
Scapegoat to many times !!
not scared to offer himself but when put under pressure there's not many players on offer to help him out.

Bang on even when he won player of the year he took crap of posters on here despite looking like the only one who cared at times. Fwiw I would play him in his proper position ahead of McGivern. It's uncomfortable watching him on the right not his fault but rarely do we concede because of him.

steve75
13-11-2013, 08:55 AM
The problem I find at Hibs, and maybe at other teams, I don't know, is that if a player comes through and looks good for a spell but then never looks like moving on to the Premiership/Championship, 'good' is no longer good enough.

He has some good qualities but isn't perfect. He's not the first I'd be looking to ship out that's for sure.

B.H.F.C
13-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Good work rare and commitment but doesn't offer the team enough IMO.

Never a goal threat for a start. It's easy to chuck the argument in about him playing out of positon etc but take the boy Shinnie for Inverness on Saturday. Not a right back but goes and wins the penalty, sets up the second and was inches from scoring after that.

Its time we asked for more than effort and commitment from our players. It's fine having a grafter in your team but we have too many who are just too limited. But at least they try hard eh.

bingo70
13-11-2013, 09:22 AM

So he's better at beating defenders than he's given credit for but struggles in the final third? Where is he beating these defenders then?

Hero76
13-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Lewis is part of the rot I would get shot asap he can take Hanlon with him.

My_Wife_Camille
13-11-2013, 09:40 AM
So he's better at beating defenders than he's given credit for but struggles in the final third? Where is he beating these defenders then?
Ok I'll bite... I said he could add more goals and assists to his game, two things that usually happen in the final 3rd of the pitch. Lewis is good at going by players all over the pitch.

NatureBoy
13-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Stevenson undoubtedly works hard but that's surely not a good enough reason for the OTT praise he receives from some. Oh I forgot he's a nice bloke as well sorry!

He has less goal threat than Ben Williams and zero creativity, not to mention he can't deliver a cross past the first man.

If forced I could live with him as cover for left back. No danger is he or guys of similar abilities good enough for a starting berth unless we want to be a bottom six club.

ronaldo7
13-11-2013, 09:58 AM
Their are several left backs playing in the spfl who are better than lewis. The guy puts in a power of work, but I'd rather have one of the others. Opinions eh.

LeithBoozy
13-11-2013, 10:00 AM
If I have to read about him given another interview in the papers, saying what Hibs will do in their next match, Ill crack-up. :wink:

The_Exile
13-11-2013, 10:03 AM
I've said it before but Lewis is a victim of his own versatility, this is also his greatest strength and why he's survived 7 manager changes. I doubt he'll be going anywhere soon as he's an incredibly handy player to have in the squad, and a good pro aswell by all accounts.

hihohibby
13-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Ill always give credit when credit is due. I do feel sorry for Stevenson at times getting chucked about all over the place but I dont think he is good enough for Hibs on a regular basis. Attitude is second to none but it does not make you a good player. The thing is Stevenson is not a bad player, he is just not a very good player.

I echo the above sentiments. Also, Stevenson has become a regular simply because of the lowering of standards at Easter Road. He tries hard, but does nothing significant on the pitch, ie no match winning goals, no last ditch tackles, no assists, nothing memorable. He's a nice lad, apparently, and a trier, but we must move up a tier in terms of quality and standards if we are to truly compete for that 2nd spot. Lewis is unable to go to that other level. I wish him well wherever he ends up eventually.

SlickShoes
13-11-2013, 10:18 AM
He is OK but is not the type of player that should be our starting left or right back.

You can't say anything bad about him here without people calling you out for personally attacking the guy.

I hope he kicks on under butcher and becomes a better player but the point remains he had his best game in a hibs shirt in march 2007 and hasn't reached that level of performance since.

silverhibee
13-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Lewis is about to start under yet another manager his 7th (Since his breakthrough), he has come in for a fair bit of stick over the years but is IMO a very professional footballer who knows his limits and does what he knows well.

What i'm interested to hear is, If yet another manager decides he's good enough to merit a starting jersey, will the boo boys and "Lewis is gash" boys finally eat their words and give the lad a bit of credit.

Really can't remember being at a game and hearing Lewis getting booed by the fans, yes fans have had there say about him on this MB, some good some bad, but i really can't remember him getting a hard time from the fans during games.

You can't fault Lewis for his hard work and getting stuck in, but my opinion is he will find it hard to get a starting place in Butchers team, think he may find himself back on the bench as a back up player, only my opinion mind you and i ain't knocking the guy.

happiehibbie
13-11-2013, 11:07 AM
I am not a fan of lewis but I do give him credit where it is due.

on Saturday he played CM FFS never in his life but this is not his fault

Lewis biggest strengh is has tackling abilitites you know when he has tackled you,

For me he is not the complete footballer though previous post about his passing and vision, am sorry he has the vision of Stevie Wonder and the distribution of a closed down warehouse. He is a great guy and yes he tries so would I. Yes he gives commitment (I expect nothing less) YES he gets paid for that like the rest of them.

Can not recall him being booed but i have said FFS lewis more than 1 million times

so another new manager comes in Lewis can only do what he does if he is picked by the Butcher then he is doing something right or is better than what we have.

On a personal note I have never been so close to giving up on Hibs for too many years we have not kicked on I do belive we have some great players within the squad BUT NOT A TEAM. I have spoken to people in the know and yes MR P is interfering Our goal keeping coach is a grass Tam Mccourt runs back and forward to Mr P reporting whats going on. I hope TB and MM get to MANAGE as I belive that listening to the press confrence yesterday this is MR P last throw of the dice and I dont think TB suffers fools BUT ! I hear MM is the man that makes the partnership tick etc TB is the motavator but we need the other part of the jigsaw the goal keeping coach he is the one who is picking up the gems from down south. I hear he has only been offered an acadamy role and part time scout lets see if TB can get it changed.

PS good luck Lewis

PeterboroHibee
13-11-2013, 11:51 AM
No. Every support has their fans that don't get along with a player. For some reason Lewis is it.

I am with you by the way!

I dont think that relationship is two way. There does seem to be a fairly large chunk of our support who will turn on Stevenson at any moment, but to my knowledge he has never responded or done anything to provoke the abuse he gets.

Initially it took me a while to come around to Stevenson but now Im a big fan of him. He isnt flash and he doesnt score goals, but he has attributes that make him valuable to a team . He is composed on the ball and a fairly good passer, something you cant say for a lot of them, and his first instinct when he gets the ball isnt too hoof it as high and long as he can.I think hes fairly disciplined in whatever role hes in, and he does work hard (even though thats often something thats used against him for some reason...). I also think hes a pretty good defender, and hes also fairly flexible to where he can play which is useful when we start to pick up injuries.

From the point he made his debut, hes been in the first team squad for 9 seasons now, something which is pretty rare these days and another thing that I like about him. Hes coming up to the point where he would probably be due a testimonial which is a cause of celebration, yet I imagine he will still be getting the same old **** off of the 'Stevenson hater' section of our support.

Unseen work
13-11-2013, 12:02 PM
I think Lewis' biggest problem is he's been here for so long people don't give him deserved credit

I would even go as far as saying if he had only just signed him in the summer people would be ranting and raving about how good he has been up to now. That's with constantly changing position which is harder than people think. Especially going from right back to left mid?!

He's a much better footballer than people give him credit for

lapsedhibee
13-11-2013, 12:19 PM
if we had only just signed him in the summer people would be ranting and raving about how good he has been

Do you really - deep down, really - believe this?

Leishy1995
13-11-2013, 12:22 PM
I always liked Lewis when he played. His player of the season year was telling when he said he was embarrassed to receive the award after such a poor team season. Made me think about how his standards must be higher than what he had played.

dp00
13-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Lewis is easily good enough for hibs and most Spfl teams

The main problem at hibs is we want 11 Ronaldos on the pitch. And unfortunately if they were that good then they simply not be at hibs.

No matter who we play they will have faults as we won't get perfection at this level.

What the manager need to do is play them all to there strengths and get most out of them and wee as far s end to support them for 90 mins each week

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

NatureBoy
13-11-2013, 12:40 PM
I dont think that relationship is two way. There does seem to be a fairly large chunk of our support who will turn on Stevenson at any moment, but to my knowledge he has never responded or done anything to provoke the abuse he gets.

Initially it took me a while to come around to Stevenson but now Im a big fan of him. He isnt flash and he doesnt score goals, but he has attributes that make him valuable to a team . He is composed on the ball and a fairly good passer, something you cant say for a lot of them, and his first instinct when he gets the ball isnt too hoof it as high and long as he can.I think hes fairly disciplined in whatever role hes in, and he does work hard (even though thats often something thats used against him for some reason...). I also think hes a pretty good defender, and hes also fairly flexible to where he can play which is useful when we start to pick up injuries.

From the point he made his debut, hes been in the first team squad for 9 seasons now, something which is pretty rare these days and another thing that I like about him. Hes coming up to the point where he would probably be due a testimonial which is a cause of celebration, yet I imagine he will still be getting the same old **** off of the 'Stevenson hater' section of our support.

I don't think anyone is a "Stevenson hater" there are just a lot of us who don't feel he's a very good football player. I appreciate his efforts and have nothing against the guy, he will always receive my full backing when playing in the green and white. It's just my personal view that if we have aspirations of kicking on and challenging for second spot we need a higher quality of player. I could well be wrong of course I usually am haha!

Hiber-nation
13-11-2013, 12:44 PM
I like Lewis but it's disappointing that the coaches we've had over the past few years haven't really improved his game, in particular his crossing which is just not good enough at this level. Don't know how much of that is down to LS himself of course. Let's see what TB can do with him.

Pretty Boy
13-11-2013, 12:48 PM
I like Lewis. Hard worker and decent, if unspectacular, wherever he is asked to play.

I really don't get the argument he is a boo boy though. I've never heard him singled out by a large number of people at a game for grief and there seems to be almost as many in here who won't hear a word said against him as there are people who are over critical.

B.H.F.C
13-11-2013, 01:28 PM
I think Lewis' biggest problem is he's been here for so long people don't give him deserved credit

I would even go as far as saying if he had only just signed him in the summer people would be ranting and raving about how good he has been up to now. That's with constantly changing position which is harder than people think. Especially going from right back to left mid?!

He's a much better footballer than people give him credit for

I agree that the chopping and changing is probably a hindrance to him.

However, what has he done this season that would have had folk raving about him?

cmcd
13-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Lewis is part of the rot I would get shot asap he can take Hanlon with him.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you are talking rubbish

PeterboroHibee
13-11-2013, 01:45 PM
I don't think anyone is a "Stevenson hater" there are just a lot of us who don't feel he's a very good football player. I appreciate his efforts and have nothing against the guy, he will always receive my full backing when playing in the green and white. It's just my personal view that if we have aspirations of kicking on and challenging for second spot we need a higher quality of player. I could well be wrong of course I usually am haha!

Im not too sure about that, I think some people will have a go at him at any given opportunity. People are entitled to their opinion and if they dont rate him thats fine, but when it becomes abusive I think that is too far.

Of course there is always the opportunity to improve upon the squad and individual players at this level, but I think players like Stevenson have important roles in the team. They may not grab the headlines and they may not be appreciated, but they can have a big contribution over a season.

Saorsa
13-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Stevenson undoubtedly works hard but that's surely not a good enough reason for the OTT praise he receives from some. Oh I forgot he's a nice bloke as well sorry!

He has less goal threat than Ben Williams and zero creativity, not to mention he can't deliver a cross past the first man.

If forced I could live with him as cover for left back. No danger is he or guys of similar abilities good enough for a starting berth unless we want to be a bottom six club.It's hardly a reason tae merit the OTT abuse he receives from others either is it? Stevenson is nae superstar, neither is he anything like the crap player some folk would make him out tae be. He's average, he does a job. Hopefully we will eventually have better but he's still worth having around.

NatureBoy
13-11-2013, 02:30 PM
It's hardly a reason tae merit the OTT abuse he receives from others either is it? Stevenson is nae superstar, neither is he anything like the crap player some folk would make him out tae be. He's average, he does a job. Hopefully we will eventually have better but he's still worth having around.

Abuse is a strong adjective and not one I've personally encountered with Stevenson. It's surely open to debate whether he's good enough for Hibs, I don't feel he is. I certainly wouldn't abuse a guy who gives his all. I simply feel he's not good enough and have pointed out why I have such an opinion.

Stantons Angel
13-11-2013, 03:16 PM
So we have another Lewis Stevenson post?

Its really nice to hear and read some very positive comments on the lad and most of them are correct.

Its about time someone put some praise and positivism his way, as he needs to build his confidence again along with the rest of the team.

He is a team player, he does nothing fancy but what he does he does well. He has i agree been played out of position, but does his best each time he is asked to play anywhere. All teams need a Lewis in their mix of things to help blend the assets of the other players around him.

The abuse he has gotten on here is disgusting and totally unwarranted i often wonder if half of the writers have actually been at the game???

As i say i have always thought well of Lewis and support him when i think things said are unjust. He has seen out all the other managers and is our longest serving player,that on its own deserves credit.

Butcher will im sure ring some changes for our squad and some of them will get a big surprise.

i just hope the rest of the team are up for the intense effort and commitment he will expect?

B.H.F.C
13-11-2013, 03:39 PM
So we have another Lewis Stevenson post?

Its really nice to hear and read some very positive comments on the lad and most of them are correct.

Its about time someone put some praise and positivism his way, as he needs to build his confidence again along with the rest of the team.

He is a team player, he does nothing fancy but what he does he does well. He has i agree been played out of position, but does his best each time he is asked to play anywhere. All teams need a Lewis in their mix of things to help blend the assets of the other players around him.

The abuse he has gotten on here is disgusting and totally unwarranted i often wonder if half of the writers have actually been at the game???

As i say i have always thought well of Lewis and support him when i think things said are unjust. He has seen out all the other managers and is our longest serving player,that on its own deserves credit.

Butcher will im sure ring some changes for our squad and some of them will get a big surprise.

i just hope the rest of the team are up for the intense effort and commitment he will expect?

What disgusting abuse has he received? People have commented on his performances which at times have been poor.

Some people are happy with a hardworking player who doesn't give the team a great deal. Some people want more than that. Either way I'd never label any of the criticism he gets as disgusting.

SlickShoes
13-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Where is the abuse?

Brooster
13-11-2013, 04:10 PM
If I played for Hibs I would give 100% every game.......doesn't make me a good player though.

Allant1981
13-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Their are several left backs playing in the spfl who are better than lewis. The guy puts in a power of work, but I'd rather have one of the others. Opinions eh.

Who?

CB_NO3
13-11-2013, 05:03 PM
I think I have missed about 4 games in the last season and a half, home and away and I have never heard Stevenson getting abuse other than when he has done something really poor, but thats the same abuse as McGivern, McPake, Hanlon, Taiwo, Thomson would get too. Maybury gets dogs abuse compared to Stevenson and he is a more complete footballer than Stevenson will ever be, all be it he is now slow and passed it.

Stevenson cant cross, he certainly cant score and he cant really play a defence splitting pass. He will chase every ball down but football is a more technical game these days. I really hope the wee man gets his testimonial as he has been a great wee servant to the club but if we have aspirations to be a top 4 club (which is where we should be) then we need to be looking at a lot better quality than Stevenson imo.

PeeJay
13-11-2013, 05:21 PM
I don't think anyone is a "Stevenson hater" there are just a lot of us who don't feel he's a very good football player.
This is the guy who won man of the match award in a cup final in which we last won something, playing in a team with some great players in it - there is a very good footballer in there, I'm convinced of that and the guy's attitude is everything more "gifted" players sadly lack(ed). Of course, Stevenson wasn't playing right back at the time, could be something to do with it, I suppose ...

B.H.F.C
13-11-2013, 05:29 PM
This is the guy who won man of the match award in a cup final in which we last won something, playing in a team with some great players in it - there is a very good footballer in there, I'm convinced of that and the guy's attitude is everything more "gifted" players sadly lack(ed). Of course, Stevenson wasn't playing right back at the time, could be something to do with it, I suppose ...

In the period of time since that final Stevenson has probably played about 12 games at right back. Anyway, good players adapt. Did you see Shinnie for Inverness on Saturday?

If he was that good a footballer then he would hold down a regular place in his preferred position. He never does.

NAE NOOKIE
13-11-2013, 05:30 PM
I have missed about 3 home games in the last 10 years so I've probably seen just about every game Lewis has played at ER and a few away too. I can honestly say I've never heard Lewis singled out by the crowd for abuse like some other palyers have in that time. I would highly doubt anybody would say they hate him.

If you want 100% effort sweat and commitment then Lewis Stevenson is yer man. He is a shining example to all of the so called football players we have had in our team of what it should mean to be a professional athlete ... especially those who had twice his ability and half the attitude. I cant help thinking that one day Lewis will make a great coach or manager.

But .... he is an average football player. Not only can he not beat a man ( he just cant ) his crossing is poor and never mind score a goal ... I think he has had about 3 shots on target in his whole Hibs career. He is not a player who makes things happen, unless you want a crunching tackle in a derby, in which case yes. He is however a player worth keeping around because he is so versatile and will play anywhere he is asked and do as good a job there as his ability will allow.

But ......... and I am genuinely sad to say it ..... If Hibs are going to start competing with the clubs in the top half of the SP then we just have to be looking for regular first team players who are of a better quality than Lewis Stevenson.

SMAXXA
13-11-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm more interested to see what he thinks of Hanlon, after all they were both CHs weren't they butcher and Morris?

for me both LS and PH have been decent this year. We can still get better though for me.

Bostonhibby
13-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Many who performed and behaved a lot worse than Lewis seem to get less stick because they might have some as yet unrealised potential, or they show better than him half a dozen times a season. There have been many false dawns in the last 5 seasons or so, some failures even cost us money, others never tried a leg.

Lewis might, just might, have realised his potential but that's because he bothered to keep his head down and work at it during several years of mediocrity to realise it. I'd suggest many have more to give, maybe even more as yet unseen potential but have not done as much as lewis to get there. I dare say there's better players on our books "on paper" or by reputation than lewis but when the chips have been down during our recent bad years he has knuckled down, played out of position and sometimes done well.

When looking at squads over the last 5 years I'd expect to see his name there every time. Every team needs a thoroughly professional team player and I expect butcher will recognise this and maybe give him a proper run in a decent set up before dismissing him. There's plenty to shoot at before lewis as we sort out the attitudes that have dragged our club down.

edwards
13-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Where is the abuse?

Comin right at ye surely one of the worst players on the park in the first half v Caley and was a lucky man to see the second half it was a toss up between him Taiwo and McGivern who were havin a mare.
Full back is probably his best position yet at right back i have witnessed you all moaning on here [ talks the talk in the tabloids ] but can't walk the walk on the park. In midfield he wastes the ball and down the flanks he can't put in decent crosses.
Just don't rate him at all any more he needs to donate back some of the wages he has accepted for under achieving. :agree:

Chump
13-11-2013, 06:08 PM
He has never done enough in the years he has been at ER to warrant being classed as a great player or even a good player for that matter.

He is rank average - yes he is 100% committed but that is a baseline requirement and nothing to rave on about. Rank average doesn't get us out of the mire we currently find ourselves in.

For me he really needs to up his game in a lot of departments including pace, goals, assists if he wants to be in midfield otherwise see out his contract as a squad player and let him move when it is up!

Note I haven't made reference to his case for the defence as he certainly doesn't fit that bill - not a patch on David Murphy at left back so why bother lowering our expectations to such a level.....we know he is not a right back so that argument is out!!

TheFamous1875
13-11-2013, 06:15 PM
If he had a bit of skill, or was more assertive in that he actually attacked and could shoot, he'd be some player. I like Stevenson and I think he's a very valuable asset to the squad, but I did think he'd be better by the time he reached 25/26... If he can add any of these attributes to his game, he'd be undeniably good.

If Butcher's vision comes to fruition, he'll either have to improve along with it (look at arsenal after Özil joined), or maybe be a squad player. For his hard work and what will be 10 years at the club by the end of his contract, I hope it's the former.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

coco mc
13-11-2013, 06:37 PM
I think the club will be in a great position when we replace Lewis but right now he's definitely not the problem

Jonnyboy
13-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Comin right at ye surely one of the worst players on the park in the first half v Caley and was a lucky man to see the second half it was a toss up between him Taiwo and McGivern who were havin a mare.
Full back is probably his best position yet at right back i have witnessed you all moaning on here [ talks the talk in the tabloids ] but can't walk the walk on the park. In midfield he wastes the ball and down the flanks he can't put in decent crosses.
Just don't rate him at all any more he needs to donate back some of the wages he has accepted for under achieving. :agree:

Feel better now that you've got that off your chest? Feeling good about yourself that you've slagged off a Hibs player? You must be very proud that you've labelled him a wage thief too?

I'm reading a Hibs book just now. It talks of a player who worked hard at his game every day; who listened to the advice of coaches and more senior players; who was a quiet sort off the park but worked his bollocks off on it; he never caused any trouble for any of the managers he played under; goals from him were rare as hen's teeth.

A lot of that could have been written about LS. It was written about Erich Schaedler who never got the sort of 'press' that Lewis is subjected too

hibsbollah
13-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Its getting to the stage where i couldnt give a flying one what some of our expert analysers have to say about Lewis' alleged weaknesses. Lets see if Butcher joins the long list of coaches who rate him highly. I rate their opinion higher than some of those on here.

Jonnyboy
13-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Its getting to the stage where i couldnt give a flying one what some of our expert analysers have to say about Lewis' alleged weaknesses. Lets see if Butcher joins the long list of coaches who rate him highly. I rate their opinion higher than some of those on here.

I'm with you on that one Mr bollah :agree:

Bostonhibby
13-11-2013, 07:23 PM

Agree

coco mc
13-11-2013, 07:24 PM

Dr Jimmy
13-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Totally agree!
It always amazes me when fans rant about players not trying or hiding in games. Yet they have a go at Lewis! A guy that works hard, plays out of position to help the team and never NEVER bitches about it.

HibbyAndy
13-11-2013, 07:31 PM

Spot on.

bingo70
13-11-2013, 07:49 PM

If there's a long list of coaches that rate him highly how come he's never been able to hold down a position that he's excelled in?

If butcher agrees he's not worth a regular start, and that's probably going to happen, will you admit the experts on here that criticize him were actually right?

Baldy Foghorn
13-11-2013, 08:10 PM

Spot on......LS is an easy target for some sections, but for me he rarely lets us down......

CB_NO3
13-11-2013, 08:12 PM
That be the coaches that have had us bottom 6 the last 3 to 4 year in the worst SPL ever?

Baldy Foghorn
13-11-2013, 08:24 PM
That be the coaches that have had us bottom 6 the last 3 to 4 year in the worst SPL ever?

Touche.......Is LS our only player?

CB_NO3
13-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Touche.......Is LS our only player?
Course not, but he is part of a list of average players in our squad. I would never single a player out for being rubbish as I dont think we have any rubbish players, just not many good players for where I expect a club like Hibs to be.

Baldy Foghorn
13-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Course not, but he is part of a list of average players in our squad. I would never single a player out for being rubbish as I dont think we have any rubbish players, just not many good players for where I expect a club like Hibs to be.

I would say we have far bigger problems than LS at present.....

B.H.F.C
13-11-2013, 08:46 PM

Thats probably right but it's maybe just a sign of a limited squad.

lapsedhibee
13-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Feel better now that you've got that off your chest? Feeling good about yourself that you've slagged off a Hibs player? You must be very proud that you've labelled him a wage thief too?

I'm reading a Hibs book just now. It talks of a player who worked hard at his game every day; who listened to the advice of coaches and more senior players; who was a quiet sort off the park but worked his bollocks off on it; he never caused any trouble for any of the managers he played under; goals from him were rare as hen's teeth.

A lot of that could have been written about LS. It was written about Erich Schaedler who never got the sort of 'press' that Lewis is subjected too

And another thing, LS can't throw the ball from one side of the pitch to the other! :grr: :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-11-2013, 08:59 PM
the poor guy could pay a blinder and he would still get dogs,seen it with many a player over the years and they are always the guys who are at the club for a few seasons,Brian Hamilton,super Joe,they all come in to the same bracket for me as guys who do give 100%,must admit Hamilton or Stevenson are not my cup of tea but i would put them in the team before any primadona ie Riordan or GOC,guys who had buckets of ability but could not be bothered or it looked like it from where i was watching.

Is there anybody else that would have Lewis or BH in the team before the two "prima donas"? At the moment for Lewis the answer would be yes, but, when all four were at their peak? do me a favour!

NatureBoy
13-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Nobody is claiming LS to be the worst at the club far from it. Most of us acknowledge his work rate and professionalism
A thread was started about him so folk give opinions both positive and negative. I don't rate him but plenty do and that's the nature of football.

jdships
13-11-2013, 09:13 PM

Of course they do they all "Talk the Talk"
It takes a good manager , albeit in sport or an everyday job , to get that 100% out of each and everyone

Seen them succeed/fail both in sport and a job as we all have at ER :greengrin

jdships
13-11-2013, 09:14 PM

:top marks twice over !!

erin go bragh
13-11-2013, 09:14 PM
I think I have missed about 4 games in the last season and a half, home and away and I have never heard Stevenson getting abuse other than when he has done something really poor, but thats the same abuse as McGivern, McPake, Hanlon, Taiwo, Thomson would get too. Maybury gets dogs abuse compared to Stevenson and he is a more complete footballer than Stevenson will ever be, all be it he is now slow and passed it.

Stevenson cant cross, he certainly cant score and he cant really play a defence splitting pass. He will chase every ball down but football is a more technical game these days. I really hope the wee man gets his testimonial as he has been a great wee servant to the club but if we have aspirations to be a top 4 club (which is where we should be) then we need to be looking at a lot better quality than Stevenson imo.

Agree 100%

Ggtth

ronaldo7
13-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Who?

Steven Hammell, Branislav Micic, Graeme Shinnie to name three. Shinnie normally plays left back but was playing on the right on Saturday. He was outstanding. These are the type of players we should be looking at.

As an aside, when Lewis pulls on the Hibs shirt, he wouldn't be getting boos from me. He tried his best and has been shoved about from pillar to post. He will be a squad player imo under Butcher and eventually moved out.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Time to up our game.

B.H.F.C
13-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Steven Hammell, Branislav Micic, Graeme Shinnie to name three. Shinnie normally plays left back but was playing on the right on Saturday. He was outstanding. These are the type of players we should be looking at.

As an aside, when Lewis pulls on the Hibs shirt, he wouldn't be getting boos from me. He tried his best and has been shoved about from pillar to post. He will be a squad player imo under Butcher and eventually moved out.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Time to up our game.

Thing is, be doesn't get booed from anyone, at least not noticeably like some. The majority of people recognise what he is. Some people think that is enough. Some don't.

edwards
13-11-2013, 09:38 PM

Well I certainly won't loose any sleep about it and you have the brass kneck to judge Stevenson against Schaedler :rolleyes: I have seen both play jesus Scheadler was a ninety minute man and a great defender and played every week or most. Lewis has had seven years of trying and has been bland for most, he may well impress Butcher but after seven years of trying he still Isn't the finished product TAXI

Jonnyboy
13-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Well I certainly won't loose any sleep about it and you have the brass kneck to judge Stevenson against Schaedler :rolleyes: I have seen both play jesus Scheadler was a ninety minute man and a great defender and played every week or most. Lewis has had seven years of trying and has been bland for most, he may well impress Butcher but after seven years of trying he still Isn't the finished product TAXI

Read my post properly. I did not 'judge' Lewis against Erich. I said many of the things said about Erich could have been said about Lewis.

Like you, I watched Erich every week, home and away and he was fantastic.

As to Lewis I'll just wait and see what the view of |TB is, after all it's the only view that matters

edwards
13-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Read my post properly. I did not 'judge' Lewis against Erich. I said many of the things said about Erich could have been said about Lewis.

Like you, I watched Erich every week, home and away and he was fantastic.

As to Lewis I'll just wait and see what the view of |TB is, after all it's the only view that matters

Jonny stop clinging onto the hope Stevenson will be a good player personaly my opinion is he should have been released at the end of last season to release his wage for a better option he just doesn't rock my boat any more time to move on.
If you really did watch Schead's you surely can't compare Stevenson with him. :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
13-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Jonny stop clinging onto the hope Stevenson will be a good player personaly my opinion is he should have been released at the end of last season to release his wage for a better option he just doesn't rock my boat any more time to move on.
If you really did watch Schead's you surely can't compare Stevenson with him. :rolleyes:

Again, read my post. I did not directly compare their abilities. I pointed out similarities in the way they are described.

I'll continue to support Lewis thanks. You still think he's a wage thief?

edwards
13-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Again, read my post. I did not directly compare their abilities. I pointed out similarities in the way they are described.

I'll continue to support Lewis thanks. You still think he's a wage thief?

Yep won't change my mind about that how much has he made off Hibs in the past seven years and how much has he given back.:dunno:

Jonnyboy
13-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Yep won't change my mind about that how much has he made off Hibs in the past seven years and how much has he given back.:dunno:

Shameful from a Hibs fan, just shameful

down-the-slope
13-11-2013, 10:10 PM

:agree: i'll stick my neck out further...Lewis will still be in Team after Jan window....

IWasThere2016
13-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Sometimes giving your all is not enough.

I cannot see TB having such a small FB, nor a midfielder who doesn't have a goal in him.

Personally, I think this will be his last season at Hibs.

B.H.F.C
13-11-2013, 10:23 PM

I cannot see TB having such a small FB, nor a midfielder who doesn't have a goal in him.

Another year on his contract after this season. Think he will be retained for the duration of that as we won't release him and I can't see anyone bidding for him.

Read a lot about how he will be Butchers type of player because of his workfare etc. I agree with you, Butcher will demand more than that IMO.

IWasThere2016
13-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Another year on his contract after this season. Think he will be retained for the duration of that as we won't release him and I can't see anyone bidding for him.

Read a lot about how he will be Butchers type of player because of his workfare etc. I agree with you, Butcher will demand more than that IMO.

The year on the contract can be less of a concern to some players than playing in the first team. I think Lewis will move/be moved on.

The Baldmans Comb
13-11-2013, 10:34 PM
I never get tired of reading or saying that:

"If you think Lewis Stevenson is the solution then you have yet to identify the problem."

Fair enough to have him on the periphery but if you want to be a genuine Top 6 and beyond team this just isn't the sort of player you play week in week out.

Stax
13-11-2013, 11:06 PM
This, we're talking about a player shifted about position by 7? Managers / alongside how many different players (many long gone). Agree there's deficiencies in his game but far more players more deserving of criticism over the years than Lewis IMO

TornadoHibby
14-11-2013, 05:41 AM

No, some amongst the Hibs "supporters" will never see Lewis for the dedicated, hard working, battling, skillful, committed player that he is and, no matter how good he may play, will always call for his head!

Gives his all no matter where he plays or what role he is asked to play IMO!

500miles
14-11-2013, 05:43 AM
He's had a lot of good individual performances over the last two or three years. Assured and difficult for the opposition to get past. He rarely let's the team down, and is extremely versatile. He might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he typifies what we should be looking for in a squad player.

Cameron1875
14-11-2013, 06:01 AM
Fenlon really did hang him out to dry at the start of the season eh. Thought that was totally wrong putting Stevenson out of position in games we were toiling in anyway.

Anyway LS would be a decent choice for left back position if the main one got injured but don't think he is a midfielder simply cause he can't beat a man.

There's a lot more that will leave before him though i'm sure.

hibee81
14-11-2013, 06:26 AM

Could not agree more, championship manager has a lot to answer for.

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2013, 08:16 AM
He's had a lot of good individual performances over the last two or three years. Assured and difficult for the opposition to get past. He rarely let's the team down, and is extremely versatile. He might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he typifies what we should be looking for in a squad player.

I agree with this, and if he was just a squad player who filled in from time to time that would be fine.

The problem in my opinion is, he is a squad player, but he's playing in a team full of them, and he's played all over the place too.

We need a proper team with the odd squad player filling in from time to time, and the team having a little continuity.

Stevenson in a good side playing in one position would not be getting his own thread every other week, but he's been hung out to dry by the last manager especially, and that certainly has not helped him.

Baldy Foghorn
14-11-2013, 08:34 AM

Indeed.

You are wasting your time Jonnyboy, some just have an agenda against LS. Shame, because we have far greater problems that LS....A lad dedicated to giving 100% for Hibs, but criticised and made the regular scapegoat..... Pathetic state of affairs really......

Stantons Angel
14-11-2013, 09:07 AM

It must be after 5pm and all the Lewis knockers are home from work, had tea and are settled in front of their keyboards.

Erich was a very different style of player from Lewis but the one thing they both had/have is 100% commitment and pride in that jersey they wore/wear!

as for him being a wage thief..... well did you really not watch what was going on over the last few seasons? Like you all i am a Hibs supporter and i support my team through good and bad too. But i must say this is either a laugh or said by an IDIOT!

Last game we had a team full of them and no one yes NO ONE comes on here and slaughters any of them as you do Lewis!

This thread started as positive support of our longest serving player someone who has played under 7 different managers, who is not a prima donna that is blessed with talents galore but a hardworking committed young man who plays for that jersey!

We are all entitled to our own opinions but this is getting so boring and wont end till you have hounded him out of the club!

What would you rather have then? some highly gifted player in and out of the team due to off field incidents that we cannot rely on, ones that come back only to put themselves in the window and take the first offer of money and leave again.
We have had a few recently and Hibs have still not hit the heights that we expect from them.

Before you all start bleating off at MY opinion take a long look around and tell me how many other present players do you think are taking wages and not producing results and why they dont take such a battering as lewis?

For God's sake leave him alone and let him play his game.

SlickShoes
14-11-2013, 09:22 AM
So, so far in this entire thread one guy has been slightly "abusive" and called Lewis a wage thief.

Some people like him as a player, some don't. No one but one person questions his commitment to the club or his personality and professionalism.

I don't think he is good enough to ever be in the first 11, that doesn't mean I hate him or boo him at games, it's an opinion simply formed by watching football matches. If you think he is a better player than I do that's fine but don't take it as some moral high ground.

B.H.F.C
14-11-2013, 09:42 AM
So, so far in this entire thread one guy has been slightly "abusive" and called Lewis a wage thief.

Some people like him as a player, some don't. No one but one person questions his commitment to the club or his personality and professionalism.

I don't think he is good enough to ever be in the first 11, that doesn't mean I hate him or boo him at games, it's an opinion simply formed by watching football matches. If you think he is a better player than I do that's fine but don't take it as some moral high ground.

Bang on. The so called abuse that Lewis gets is a bit of a myth IMO.

Some people want more from a player than hard work and commitment. Some are happy with that.

Personally I go to the football to see goals and excitement. Lewis doesn't give that. However I don't abuse him for it. I just happen to think that to move forward we need a bit more from our players.

NatureBoy
14-11-2013, 09:54 AM

Agree 100%, it seems if you dare to think LS isn't the answer on the football pitch you get pegged as "abusive". Not the case at all, some folk just think to move up the table we need a better quality of player. I have nothing but respect for the way LS conducts himself I just think his ability is limited.

I should also point that there are players at the club that I'd much rather see shown the door than LS. If he was a squad player coming in for the odd game I'd be more than happy.

jdships
14-11-2013, 10:07 AM

You conveniently forget that jonny boy is expressing HIS OPINION which he is entitled to make and you obviously don't like
Then you express your opinion , quite rightly, and expect people to accept it as gospel

Expressions of opinions are an entitlement on any forum ( as long as they don't become abusive )
Please remember that

I would stress I am not passing any judgement on the respective merits of Erich or Lewis

:flag:

EH54
14-11-2013, 11:34 AM
In 45mins of the game on Saturday Stevenson played 3 different positions, I don't think hes one of our better players but i think he is a player to have in the team will play anywhere you put him will put in a shift unlike some on the pitch! I sit next to someone who regardless of what he does he will continue to slate him while others can do no wrong. I don't think he's a bad player a lot of what he does goes unnoticed Kind off remembers me of Nish, While Riordan Missed a penalty missed a few good chances and its good luck head up deek! but as soon as Nish blazed one over the bar from 40 yards it was a different story. pisses me off seems to me the guys around me actualy want the guy to fail so they can have a good moan.

J-C
14-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Lewis is a natural left midfielder, not a winger but a solid defensive LM, although he's hardly been given the chance to play that role due to his versatility. he is also a very capable LB but has a lack of height to be a really good one but defensively he's as good as anyone, I'd personally like to see him starting as our LB and move McGivern into CH, McGivern's position sense is something needing worked on.

Stantons Angel
14-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Bang on. The so called abuse that Lewis gets is a bit of a myth IMO.

Some people want more from a player than hard work and commitment. Some are happy with that.

Personally I go to the football to see goals and excitement. Lewis doesn't give that. However I don't abuse him for it. I just happen to think that to move forward we need a bit more from our players.

Congratulations on posting a very sensible post, one that we can all understand and appreciate.

Opinions will differ about all players but Lewis seems to get more criticism than others ever do and this is no myth.

Im happy to see any player play to the ability he has whether he is a goalscorer of defender. Its a team game and they all have a part to play within that team.

I agree too with your point that we need more from our players, not just from Lewis but them all............. only then will we see the football we want to see.

Good post!

Jonnyboy
14-11-2013, 06:57 PM

Not sure if that's aimed at me, given it was me who argued with the 'fan' who called LS a wage thief, Ill offer up a view on the moral high ground comment?

Lewis will never be a great Hibs player and yes I want to see better players than him in a Hibs jersey BUT until that day comes I think he deserves some respect for his efforts. Calling him a wage thief is a helluva lot more than 'slightly' abusive. It's outrageous, totally unfair and says a lot more about the poster who accused him of it than it does about Lewis himself.

Jonnyboy
14-11-2013, 06:59 PM

That'll be bye bye to Taiwo and Thomson too then

Hibby Bairn
14-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Cup winner. :agree:

B.H.F.C
14-11-2013, 07:27 PM

Taiwo might find it hard to get in to the team to be fair. Been very, very poor and OTJ was a very good player for Butcher at Inverness. Thomson will still play.

Jonnyboy
14-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Taiwo might find it hard to get in to the team to be fair. Been very, very poor and OTJ was a very good player for Butcher at Inverness. Thomson will still play.

But TQM said smaller in height, non goalscoring midfielders would be emptied. :greengrin

B.H.F.C
14-11-2013, 07:39 PM
But TQM said smaller in height, non goalscoring midfielders would be emptied. :greengrin

The whole team is non goalscoring at the moment. Somebody needs to play!

Jonnyboy
14-11-2013, 07:42 PM
The whole team is non goalscoring at the moment. Somebody needs to play!

Indeed. Until we find better we're 'stuck' with what we have and I'm sure they will all be giving their all :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
14-11-2013, 07:49 PM
After all is said and done theres only one persons view that count and he ain't on here.

If Terry chooses Stevenson, Vine or whomever that's it. As a support with a new manager that is widely respected and experienced I it's time to truly place faith in this manager to get on with the task at hand. None of this don't rate him,never won anything, not got what it takes droning.

Move on. Believe in better. No excuses.

IWasThere2016
14-11-2013, 07:57 PM

Their goals:games ratios will be far superior to Stevenson's.

Happy to see the stats that say otherwise.

jdships
14-11-2013, 08:03 PM

On that basis why not ? :thumbsup::agree:

Jonnyboy
14-11-2013, 08:04 PM

Possibly for KT but not sure TT's would be better (in Hibs jersey of course) :wink:

KT scored last time he was here (2006/07 was his last goal) but not since his return. In total, over his two spells he's scored 3 goals

TT has scored one (last season v Well)

LS has scored one (2010/11 at home to ICT)

IWasThere2016
14-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Possibly for KT but not sure TT's would be better (in Hibs jersey of course) :wink:

KT scored last time he was here (2006/07 was his last goal) but not since his return. In total, over his two spells he's scored 3 goals

TT has scored one (last season v Well)

LS has scored one (2010/11 at home to ICT)

That Lewis clear bottom of the pile in goals:games then.

The other two are also better players IMHO.

Jonnyboy
14-11-2013, 08:11 PM
That Lewis clear bottom of the pile in goals:games then.

The other two are also better players IMHO.

In your opinion :wink:

Actually, I agree KT is a better player but presently brings nothing more to Hibs than LS does in terms of a goal threat.

Taiwo disappoints me. He's gone downhill form wise of late

IWasThere2016
14-11-2013, 08:17 PM

That's what I said :wink:

I'm sure KT a better player, and more creative.

I'd prefer TB to pick TT before LS also. OK :greengrin

Jonnyboy
14-11-2013, 08:19 PM
That's what I said :wink:

I'm sure KT a better player, and more creative.

I'd prefer TB to pick TT before LS also. OK :greengrin

Fine by me G. After all, you can't always be right :greengrin

B.H.F.C
14-11-2013, 08:21 PM

Actually, I agree KT is a better player but presently brings nothing more to Hibs than LS does in terms of a goal threat.

Taiwo disappoints me. He's gone downhill form wise of late

Taiwo will be very lucky to get a new contract IMO. Just doesn't contribute enough.

With the quality Thomson has he should be capable of more.

Stantons Angel
14-11-2013, 08:40 PM
After all is said and done theres only one persons view that count and he ain't on here.

If Terry chooses Stevenson, Vine or whomever that's it. As a support with a new manager that is widely respected and experienced I it's time to truly place faith in this manager to get on with the task at hand. None of this don't rate him,never won anything, not got what it takes droning.

Move on. Believe in better. No excuses.

And the post raves on and on and on!

You are right in your assumption and the only person that counts is the manager of the team and lewis has seen out six already?

I spoke with the manager this evening about Lewis and he was full of praise for the lad and reckons that we dont appreciate the work he does for the team.

The manager also says we will see a different Hibernian team in the coming months and asks that we stick with them through this period of yet another change.

So if we are to progress under Butcher he doesnt need the crap and negativity this board emulates, he wants us to go forward together as a team and a club.

So for goodness sake lets get on with it we have been too negative for too long, lets move on together!

Viva_Palmeiras
14-11-2013, 08:56 PM
And the post raves on and on and on!

You are right in your assumption and the only person that counts is the manager of the team and lewis has seen out six already?

I spoke with the manager this evening about Lewis and he was full of praise for the lad and reckons that we dont appreciate the work he does for the team.

The manager also says we will see a different Hibernian team in the coming months and asks that we stick with them through this period of yet another change.

So if we are to progress under Butcher he doesnt need the crap and negativity this board emulates, he wants us to go forward together as a team and a club.

So for goodness sake lets get on with it we have been too negative for too long, lets move on together!

:confused: You got me - did you quote the wrong post?

Shrekko
14-11-2013, 11:21 PM
:confused: You got me - did you quote the wrong post?

You seriously believe he was on 36k a week at QPR?

J-C
14-11-2013, 11:27 PM

Whoever said Stevenson was a goalscoring midfielder, if I recall he's never been one and I don't think that's part of his game, he's a ball winning left midfielder. This also applies to Taiwo and Thomson and therein lies our problem at ER, wee Pat had a thing for defensive minded midfielders, so many infact that Stevenson has been covering at LB because there was so many in the team already.

Until TB gets the balance of the squad right, with Cairney and Harris to come back, goals from midfield might not then be an issue, indeed our two main attacking midfielders have chipped in with a few goals, albeit playing out of positions (Craig & Robertson)

Jones28
15-11-2013, 12:18 AM
Lewis is a good player IMO. If TB thinks he's good enough then that's all I need. If not then Lewis will leave with a cup winners medal and a player of the year award. He will go to a club where there is a familiar face and he will get all the praise that he deserves.

For the record I think he will stay. TB is a man who respects hard work and commitment, something Lewis will give him in spades. Furthermore I think butcher will play him on his proper side, releasing some of the pressure that came with him playing at right back.