PDA

View Full Version : Cull List/Transfer Targets

DJ HIBBY
12-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Welcome to the Hibees El Tel! :thumbsup:

Now that he is arrived, who do you think will be for the chop?

Similarly, who would you like brought in January (realistic targets)?

brian6-2
12-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Butcher out.

He's had long enough.

Highland Hibby
12-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Most important one to bring in is Steve Marsella :agree:

Pete
12-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Self doubt out

Self confidence in

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Think the boy Marsella will pitch up in the next few days.

At the moment I wouldn't score anyone's name off however I'd be having serious doubts over.....

Taiwo, Thomson, Stevenson, Vine, Mcpake.

Pretty Boy
12-11-2013, 04:06 PM
McPake and Clancy would be top of my list to go.

Harsh perhaps but Hibs simply can't afford to have players in the squad who are injured so regularly.

An experienced RB, a creative midfielder and a poacher in January please.

PeterboroHibee
12-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Currently the only two I dont think should be kept at the club are McPake and Clancy (who are out of contract soon anyway). Both of them have huge injury problems - Clancy is especially bad, but even when McPake gets back playing, I dont think he performs because he is so in and out of the team.

Im looking forward to seeing what Butcher can do with the rest of them, and maybe bring in a couple of attacking wingers in January!

Saorsa
12-11-2013, 04:13 PM

Harsh perhaps but Hibs simply can't afford to have players in the squad who are injured so regularly.

An experienced RB, a creative midfielder and a poacher in January please.:agree: This, harsh or not we cannae waste wages on players who are constantly sidelined. Maybury has been good but he's getting on so a RB is needed. A bit of pace and creativity needed too. Everybody else should start with a clean slate tae see how they do with the new management team.

Sir David Gray
12-11-2013, 04:15 PM
I would be bidding as high as we can possibly go to try and bring in Billy McKay in January.

Geo_1875
12-11-2013, 04:23 PM
I think we should trust the manager to assess who he wants to keep and who can go. He will then have his "own" ideas of who he wants bring in during the window.

However, I dread to think what the reaction will be if Maybury is injured and he is forced to play Stevenson at right back against St. Mirren.

I don't think it does any good creating a list of targets on here as it only leads to disappointment. A bit like Christmas lists.

mutley
12-11-2013, 04:24 PM
I have been a huge critic of a couple of our player ( Vine, Collins etc). However, I'm willing to see what they can do under new management. I agree, McPake, Clancy to go as we can't carry players who take a wage but can't play due to injury, that's all money that could be freed up and spent elsewhere.I'm not expecting miracles and I suppose thee will be more "transition" for a short time, but I'm certainly looking onwards and upwards.C'mon Tel, show us what this team REALLY can do.GGTTH

Houchy
12-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Currently the only two I dont think should be kept at the club are McPake and Clancy (who are out of contract soon anyway). Both of them have huge injury problems - Clancy is especially bad, but even when McPake gets back playing, I dont think he performs because he is so in and out of the team.

Im looking forward to seeing what Butcher can do with the rest of them, and maybe bring in a couple of attacking wingers in January!

I'd go along with this. I don't know why people are saying to get rid of KT? I think he's been one of our best players.

Brightside
12-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Clean slate for all. Let the boss decide. You never know he may sort out Vine.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-11-2013, 04:38 PM
I'd just let TB get on with it. If there's a common name on the list and he doesn't get rid then what?

I know it's difficult given previous managers but if we can't leave someone of TBs calibre and track record to get on with it we've a long bumpy ride ahead of us.

The excuses stop now - on all sides.
Believe.in.better.

HibbyAndy
12-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Utterly delighted.

Went and got our number 1 target.

The_Horde
12-11-2013, 04:42 PM
I think we should trust the manager to assess who he wants to keep and who can go. He will then have his "own" ideas of who he wants bring in during the window.

However, I dread to think what the reaction will be if Maybury is injured and he is forced to play Stevenson at right back against St. Mirren.

I don't think it does any good creating a list of targets on here as it only leads to disappointment. A bit like Christmas lists.

Can we not try out one of our many midfielders there? I reckon Taiwo would be alright at that. He's got a good engine, tackles well and is a good reader of the game.

Centre Hawf
12-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Cut for sure:

Vine
McPake
Clancy

Buck up their ideas or be cut:
Thomson
Taiwo
McGivern
Hanlon

Sign:
Foran/Draper
Dorans (doubt it)
Adam Rooney

Basically bring yer pals in Terry.

blackpoolhibs
12-11-2013, 04:48 PM
;3806254']Can we not try out one of our many midfielders there? I reckon Taiwo would be alright at that. He's got a good engine, tackles well and is a good reader of the game.

Exactly, Butchers surely not that stupid?

AK86
12-11-2013, 04:52 PM
There really is not one standout outfield player who is better than average, so he has a task on his side deciding who to keep for starters .
working on the sense that we can't replace them all, I would keep Ben, Robertson, Cairney, craig,Nelson, Heff, Collins and Harris. Hanlon and Stevenson at a push.
the rest I would be happy never to see again.
( I would give our young boys a clean slate to see how they get on with better training)

steakbake
12-11-2013, 04:53 PM

Agree with this - a cull list is not starting positively. A clean slate for all the players. Lions led by donkeys and all that...

Give everyone a chance to play in Tel's team. If Tel thinks they're good enough, then you have to give them the time to do that.

All the players have a part to play in the success. Yes - even people the boo boys like to target.

HibbyAndy
12-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Come January Terry will ken who he wants to keep and who to empty. Stevenson will be kept on cause Butch loves work ethic and Lewis has it in spades :wink:

Liams
12-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Clean slate for everyone, all players have shown promise in phases this season/last. They all have the ability but no self belief. If we were in charge of cutting 'wage theifs' it could seriously improve the teams around us (spoony spoule and ranking to name 3 players that were not wanted here but are first team regulars for top6 sides).

In terms of our current side yes there are players that should be doing alot better but this international break has came at the right time, tb and mm can get more of a chance to work with the team. No rush needed.

I feel that OTJ will play a big part in ourside as he had played 30+ games for ict in 2years (inc a 6month injury). In terms of playing like ict its more down to the players we have and man management. We have a very narrow deffensive playing style.

I honestly think WE as fans have an important role to get behind the team during the tb movement.

Billy Whizz
12-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Most important one to bring in is Steve Marsella :agree:

I'm presuming Scott Thompson will move out, if Marsella comes in?

IanM
12-11-2013, 05:08 PM
We need a right back - thats top of my shopping list.

If TB can get the best out the rest of the players no one should be moving on - time will tell

Gmack7
12-11-2013, 05:09 PM
the young lad wotherspoon looks a good player and could also fill in at RB if needed:wink:

Golden Bear
12-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Let's ban all talks of "cull lists" in the meantime.

A new dawn is about to arise so it should be a fresh start for players and fans alike.

Bronson
12-11-2013, 05:10 PM
;3806254']Can we not try out one of our many midfielders there? I reckon Taiwo would be alright at that. He's got a good engine, tackles well and is a good reader of the game.

I was under the impression when he signed that right back was a position he had actually played. Primarily a centre mid but could switch to right back

Ray_
12-11-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm presuming Scott Thompson will move out, if Marsella comes in?

Maybe not, in his interview TB stated that he has to get used to more people being available to do specific jobs and not having to rely so much on multi tasking.

Billy Whizz
12-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Maybe not, in his interview TB stated that he has to get used to more people being available to do specific jobs and not having to rely so much on multi tasking.

But he did say Marsella was a good goalkeeping coach

O'Rourke3
12-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Clean sheet for everyone. :wink:

I can't wait until our no 1 target plays 4 or 5 first team regulars binned by .net as not being good enough and look forward to the "Did we make a mistake with...." threads.:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Bronson
12-11-2013, 05:19 PM
I think if we're being honest, Billy McKay and Aaron Doran are unrealistic since they're contracted to 2015 and would command a substantial fee.

I think a realistic signing would be the likes of Richie Foran, who's contract runs out in the summer. Heartbeat of a very good ICT side, may have just turned 33 but he's shown time and time again he's got plenty left in the tank.

PatHead
12-11-2013, 05:19 PM
But he did say Marsella was a good goalkeeping coach

He also said how good a scout he was, hope he gets scouting in the short term as the Goalkeeper position is one of the few not up for debate.

weonlywon6-2
12-11-2013, 05:20 PM

Im sure every player will get their opportunity to impress.
Hopefully he can just get them playing decent football

steakbake
12-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Let's ban all talks of "cull lists" in the meantime.

A new dawn is about to arise so it should be a fresh start for players and fans alike.

It's actually the best opportunity in years to start supporting the team again and get behind them, not on top of them... (as it were...)

PatHead
12-11-2013, 05:21 PM
I think if we're being honest, Billy McKay and Aaron Doran are unrealistic since they're contracted to 2015 and would command a substantial fee.

I think a realistic signing would be the likes of Richie Foran, who's contract runs out in the summer. Heartbeat of a very good ICT side, may have just turned 33 but he's shown time and time again he's got plenty left in the tank.

There may be signing clauses if a club comes in with an offer and with any luck and TB will know what they are.

Robinho08
12-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Marsella, an RB and a creative winger.

The players get a clean slate IMO. I still have hope for Collins, I think he'll come good. :greengrin

tamig
12-11-2013, 05:25 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Centre Hawf
12-11-2013, 05:33 PM
oh yeah, ban Cull lists after i've already written mine. Make me look like the bad guy...

HibbySpurs
12-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Marsella, an RB and a creative winger.

The players get a clean slate IMO. I still have hope for Collins, I think he'll come good. :greengrin

Agree with this. Think the service given to him has been rank rotten all season.

He gets one or two half chances a game it put him under pressure to put them away and that can cause problems. If he believes he's going to get 3 or 4 decent chances the pressure eases slightly and suddenly the target may just look that little bit bigger.

Besides, he must have something if we had to pay the sort of money we did to get him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ancient hibee
12-11-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm not quite sure how some of our contracted players are going to be emptied.Interesting that two cull list favourites -McPake and McGivern -have been called up by Northern Ireland(manager Michael O'Neill a favourite of some for the job here).Opinions eh.

Franck Stanton
12-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Agree with this. Think the service given to him has been rank rotten all season.

He gets one or two half chances a game it put him under pressure to put them away and that can cause problems. If he believes he's going to get 3 or 4 decent chances the pressure eases slightly and suddenly the target may just look that little bit bigger.

Besides, he must have something if we had to pay the sort of money we did to get him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)
Agree, he is at his best when the play is taking place in the oppositions half/penalty area. Think back to Sally Mc when he played for Rangers, he missed more than he scored but, knowing he would always get another chance he didn't let his head drop, if he had been with Hibs and knew he was only going to get what ? 2 or three half-chances per game he would succumb to the pressures also. Get players in to create the chances and I am sure we will see a different Collins.

GreenLake
12-11-2013, 06:06 PM
I hope Butcher can do with McGivern what Redknapp did with Bale at Spurs.

SouthamptonHibs
12-11-2013, 06:35 PM
I think we need seven players all proven spl, and better than what we have
1. Right back
2. Another centre back
3. A left back
4 & 5 two wingers
6&7 two more forwards

Cull list

Stevenson and Hanlon on ( both been with club two long defo part of our loseing culture is past 6 years)
McPake
Vine and Collins both gash
Zoubir (does nothing much)

Our young guns = we need to play them in the first team to see if they are good only way to do this is play them on a regular basis (when fit) to see what they can do.
If there are any stars they will shine through Harris, Stanton, Caldwell Handling Forster

PeeJay
12-11-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm firmly in the clean slate camp - Butcher has said he wants to see what everyone can do and he has his plans. Maybe we will be lucky and this crop of players will up their performance levels because we now have a manager who knows the Scottish game inside out and he comes with his own coaching staff - guys who know that the hard work has to be done on the training ground. I'd like to think we will see signs of Butcher's influence pretty early on, signs that we are heading in the right direction at last ...

ferry hibby
12-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Hopefully he can get OTJ playing the way that Fenlon saw in him to start with, otherwise another one for the 'sorry' list.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Rather than having to buy ICT players, I would trust Butcher to use his contacts to bring in a new set of unknowns and shape them into a new team.

hfc rd
12-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Thing is, majority of TB signings at ICT where players that we had never heard of before. TB & MM moulded them all into a team and what a team they have built up there. I really hope he does something very similar here.

jdships
12-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Rather than having to buy ICT players, I would trust Butcher to use his contacts to bring in a new set of unknowns and shape them into a new team.

I have a sneaking suspicion you may just have read it right !!
Given what he said about funds being available is it not likely he will buy 1/2 influential players and build round them.?
This is more or less what he did with ICT

Time will tell - as always :greengrin

Paisley Hibby
12-11-2013, 07:56 PM

This! :agree:

Jonnyboy
12-11-2013, 08:05 PM
we'll need a scapegoat

Exactly and if Butcher doesn't sign a new one he's not half the man we thought he was

neil7908
12-11-2013, 08:11 PM

I think this is a good point, Butcher will have a a much higher budget at this disposal at Hibs so I would hope that he would have a greater number of options available than at ICT.

Fair enough if we can cherry pick a couple of players (I cant see that happening anyway tbh) but what works for ICT wont necessarily be the right fit at Hibs.

Borderhibbie76
13-11-2013, 12:25 AM
1. Right back
2. Another centre back
3. A left back
4 & 5 two wingers
6&7 two more forwards

Cull list

Stevenson and Hanlon on ( both been with club two long defo part of our loseing culture is past 6 years)
McPake

Our young guns = we need to play them in the first team to see if they are good only way to do this is play them on a regular basis (when fit) to see what they can do.
If there are any stars they will shine through Harris, Stanton, Caldwell Handling Forster
There is a player in there with James Collins. ..im convinced of it and been saying so for weeks. Give him and the Heff some decent service and they will come good. Some on here are writing the strikers off based on zero service received thanks to PF and his tactics. I believe we were all spoilt with sparky who made goals out of nothing. Collins is not that type of striker and needs service

Hermit Crab
13-11-2013, 12:51 AM
I would be bidding as high as we can possibly go to try and bring in Billy McKay in January.

Is he not out of contract in the summer anyway?

dp00
13-11-2013, 12:53 AM
I will let the man paid to be the manager decide who goes and stays... I have complete faith

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

hibees 7062
13-11-2013, 01:05 AM
Is he not out of contract in the summer anyway?

signed a new two-year contract

SouthamptonHibs
13-11-2013, 01:33 AM
There is a player in there with James Collins. ..im convinced of it and been saying so for weeks. Give him and the Heff some decent service and they will come good. Some on here are writing the strikers off based on zero service received thanks to PF and his tactics. I believe we were all spoilt with sparky who made goals out of nothing. Collins is not that type of striker and needs service

We have been spoiled over the past ten years with good strikers I agree on this, Sparky was class at creating a goal out of nothing. I watched James on Sat, his touch is poor, crossing poor, movement poor. In the other games his finishing has been poor (no striker instinct), when he does shoot there is no power in his shots. I'm struggling to see any positive' s in his play. He will score eventually if we create enough chances but he will need barrel loads of them each game, something we are unable to do.

monktonharp
13-11-2013, 01:36 AM
It's actually the best opportunity in years to start supporting the team again and get behind them, not on top of them... (as it were...)

I recognise what you are trying to say, given the fact that our new management team have had a modicum of success with Caley. hopefully they can turn things round for us within a few weeks, but it wont be particularly easy. there are players, imho (and that is what this thread is about, I think) that we need to forget about. we are not suddenly going to get better players from the new man's team. let's get shot of Mc Pake, Tim Clancy,beardy Vine for starters.they will not be missed. the young lad at centre half the other day gave his all, and deserves to be in there. Forster was one of our better players, Hanlon and Stevenson are on the way out ,they have been here too long without fully turning out what we expected. Taiwo, well, what can I say. KT, he's been our best performer for ages although he tends to slip the ball back or to the side which could be that he has had no options. lets forget about the auld guy we occasionally use at right back, he's done.we have the basis of a good team and i'm hopeful that Butcher can do things for us . I hope to see Cairney back on the park instead of Vine, I hope to see Stanton and the other 2 or 3 young lads that have had some time getting on for longer but I really think we should have Cllins/Heff together up front. never seen them passing the ball between each other and I keep thinking.....why the f/ck is Collins so far back into OUR 18yd box looking for the ball:confused:

basehibby
13-11-2013, 03:21 AM
Some ridiculous pish being spouted on here with some proposing the ditching of some of our best players on the back of a couple of under par performances.

McGivern & Thomson would be going nowhere for me for example. All the players should have a clean slate though - new manager new approach - and maybe new attitude from some such that we may see them emerge from their shells.

MWHIBBIES
13-11-2013, 04:21 AM
Why do people want rid of Thomson, he has played very well in most games this season, he is a very important player for Hibs.

MWHIBBIES
13-11-2013, 04:30 AM
1. Right back
2. Another centre back
3. A left back
4 & 5 two wingers
6&7 two more forwards

Cull list

McPake

If there are any stars they will shine through Harris, Stanton, Caldwell Handling ForsterAwful logic, both are important players with a part to play.

Northernhibee
13-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Awful logic, both are important players with a part to play.

Absolutely, Hanlon is our best defender by some way

hibees 7062
13-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Why do people want rid of Thomson, he has played very well in most games this season, he is a very important player for Hibs.

:agree: Id love to know who we would be replacing him with

steviej147
13-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Think the boy Marsella will pitch up in the next few days.

At the moment I wouldn't score anyone's name off however I'd be having serious doubts over.....

Taiwo, Thomson, Stevenson, Vine, Mcpake.how can you have stevensons name for the chop the past few months he is only player to give his all for the jersey.

hibees 7062
13-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Absolutely, Hanlon is our best defender by some way

:agree:

brian6-2
13-11-2013, 12:39 PM
1. Right back
2. Another centre back
3. A left back
4 & 5 two wingers
6&7 two more forwards

Cull list

McPake

deary deary me. your surely at it eh?

DAZ86
13-11-2013, 12:51 PM

I agree with the post. As soon as we lose a goal Hanlon looks defeated.

Nelson and Forster would be my choice, let him JF develop alongside him.

Phil MaGlass
13-11-2013, 12:59 PM
I wouldŽnt get rid of anyone, we have all been screaming for years that players should be played in the positions they are comfortable in, that wasŽnt happening, so yi cant really judge players on that(I would like to think), anyhoos clean slate and onwards and upwards.
We will see by January who can cut the mustard with the new training regime, god help any player that cant get their fitness up, he has bloody high standards.

hibees 7062
13-11-2013, 01:06 PM

As soon as we lose a goal the whole team look defeated :agree:

brian6-2
13-11-2013, 01:43 PM

so we should just punt him??? regardless of the effect butcher & malpas might have on him?

hibs4thecup1988
13-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Cannot believe people are saying get rid of LS or KT. Absolutely laughable.

Thomson has shown the class that he still holds, if we had a striker capable of moving to collect a pass we would be laughing!

Personally I wouldn't get rid of anyone at this stage, everyone should have the chance to prove themselves in the team.

happiehibbie
13-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Ladies and Gentleman

I belive we have a great squad of players who where told by PF not to express themselves I have it from a players agent Let give MM a chance to work with them and see what happens but he will need time thankfully we are close to January transfer window. I HOPE we can with the SC game and move on from there i belive thats the most important game ATM.

We forget we have a few player to bring in we need to get the sniping and RP out the way

keep the faith but give TB and MM time

lucky
13-11-2013, 02:52 PM
I can't believe anyone is serious when they think Hibs will let Stevenson go. Whilst he will never be a world beater, in SPL terms is he is more than adequate in several positions. FFS he has played 4 different positions in the last 2 games. I don't know of any other Hibs player that could do that and do it as good as him. He just seems an easy target for the boo boys. I suppose it says more about our support that the longest serving player is disliked by so many.

hibs4thecup1988
13-11-2013, 02:53 PM
I can't believe anyone is serious when they think Hibs will let Stevenson go. Whilst he will never be a world beater, in SPL terms is he is more than adequate in several positions. FFS he has played 4 different positions in the last 2 games. I don't know of any other Hibs player that could do that and do it as good as him. He just seems an easy target for the boo boys. I suppose it says more about our support that the longest serving player is disliked by so many.

Said it before and I will say it again - this site should have a Facebook like button....

Allant1981
13-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Dont think he will get shot of anyone until the summer, regardless of how we have been playing recently we have a good team there, as someone already said who do we replace the likes of KT with cause there is no way we could buy someone as good as him.

hibsmad
13-11-2013, 02:55 PM
so we should just punt him??? regardless of the effect butcher & malpas might have on him?

You could use that same logic for any player not to get, as you put it, punted.

It's all about opinions. I personally don't think that Hanlon is a bad player but I also certainly don't think that he is as good as some on here seem to think he is at times. He has never really shown enough to me, over a sustained period of time, to suggest that he is good enough, or has a strong enough mentality to play for Hibs.

I don't think it would just be better for Hibs if he left but also better for Paul as well. I think he would enjoy his football and have a reasonable career elsewhere. We have been a dreadful side for too long and he has been pretty much a permanent fixture throughout. I am not blaming Paul Hanlon for Hibs being dreadful, I would just like a change.

Hermit Crab
13-11-2013, 02:56 PM
signed a new two-year contract

Baws

brian6-2
13-11-2013, 03:01 PM
You could use that same logic for any player not to get, as you put it, punted.

It's all about opinions. I personally don't think that Hanlon is a bad player but I also certainly don't think that he is as good as some on here seem to think he is at times. He has never really shown enough to me, over a sustained period of time, to suggest that he is good enough, or has a strong enough mentality to play for Hibs.

I don't think it would just be better for Hibs if he left but also better for Paul as well. I think he would enjoy his football and have a reasonable career elsewhere. We have been a dreadful side for too long and he has been pretty much a permanent fixture throughout. I am not blaming Paul Hanlon for Hibs being dreadful, I would just like a change.

I think with the right guidance he could become a cracking player, his performances for the scotland under 21's where he was captain surely back that up.

There are umpteen players that have left our club that have gone on to prove they can more than cut the mustard in our league. Spoony is doing the damage at st johnstone and some of sean welsh's performances for partick have been outstanding.

Everyone at the club deserves a chance to see if terry's influence can make the difference.

hibees 7062
13-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Baws

Csaba Laszlo might not fancy him though :wink:

hibees 7062
13-11-2013, 03:10 PM
I think with the right guidance he could become a cracking player, his performances for the scotland under 21's where he was captain surely back that up.

There are umpteen players that have left our club that have gone on to prove they can more than cut the mustard in our league. Spoony is doing the damage at st johnstone and some of sean welsh's performances for partick have been outstanding.

Everyone at the club deserves a chance to see terry's influence can make the difference.

NOLA
13-11-2013, 03:16 PM
thomson,McPake,Clancy,Mullen.

DAZ86
13-11-2013, 03:21 PM

I would love them to have an impact on him, not sure they can make a player when many other managers haven't.

Also, how many times has he been booked or sent off????

For a centre half who apparently has so much commitment he get billied by any striker he faces.

brian6-2
13-11-2013, 03:30 PM
I would love them to have an impact on him, not sure they can make a player when many other managers haven't.

Also, how many times has he been booked or sent off????

For a centre half who apparently has so much commitment he get billied by any striker he faces.

Probably because they have been binned because they arent up to the task.

and if he is getting bullied and shoved about (which i dont think he does) if you could pick one guy on the planet to teach him how not to let that happen it would probably be terry butcher.

give him a chance.

hibees 7062
13-11-2013, 03:35 PM

and if he is getting bullied and shoved about (which i dont think he does) if you could pick one guy on the planet to teach him how not to let that happen it would probably be terry butcher.

give him a chance.

:top marks

hibsmad
13-11-2013, 03:39 PM

Everyone at the club deserves a chance to see if terry's influence can make the difference.

give him a chance.

:top marks

Get a room :wink:

hibees 7062
13-11-2013, 03:44 PM

:agree: :top marks

RIP Bestie
13-11-2013, 03:54 PM

An experienced RB, a creative midfielder and a poacher in January please.
Not harsh at all. Certainly not seen enough of Clancy since he signed and McPake is simply a liability and not good enough

Jim44
13-11-2013, 04:05 PM
I think Kenny Miller is the type of player we could do with up front, but I think he still has a year left on his contract in the USA.

MWHIBBIES
13-11-2013, 04:09 PM

Nelson and Forster would be my choice, let him JF develop alongside him.Forster is currently a poorer player than Hanlon, why bin one youth product to play one who is worse? Hanlon doesn't look defeated after we are a goal down either, total rubbish.

happiehibbie
13-11-2013, 04:43 PM
as my previous post

If my source is correct the goal keeping coach is also on his way BUT only as a scout seemingly MR P needs his eyes and ears within the management team

Hibs7
13-11-2013, 04:49 PM
as my previous post

If my source is correct the goal keeping coach is also on his way BUT only as a scout seemingly MR P needs his eyes and ears within the management team

I don't think TB will put up with clipes for long !!

SouthamptonHibs
13-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Awful logic, both are important players with a part to play.

No where near important players for us. 1. Stevenson is a utility player at best, trys hard can't fault him for that but he is not got the correct quality to play for a top spl team (that's one of the reasons we are were we are) 2. Hanlon is decent at times but is soft at centre back, time to move on there are better defenders out there to build a team around.

SouthamptonHibs
13-11-2013, 04:56 PM

The Hibs I've watched past few years and all this season all seven should go, not Hibs class. We should be aiming for 2/3rd every season with those guys we are going no where fast.

Smiggy 7-0
13-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Clean slate for all. Let the boss decide. You never know he may sort out Vine. Aye, like get that F****** beard off for starters.

DAZ86
13-11-2013, 05:39 PM

This post shows exactly why we will never move on as a club and seriously challange celtic.

Why can Inverness, Motherwell, Ross County, Dundee Utd etc????

The facts are, Hanlon, Stevenson, Clancy, Mcpake, Vine etc etc etc are bottom 6 SPFL players at best.

This is why we finish in the bottom six. Strange how a section of hibs blame every manager that comes in and want to sack the board on occasions BUT yet we accept players "will get better" "give them a chance" "the new manager will make them better"..... rubbish.

I hope big tel bins them.

DAZ86
13-11-2013, 05:40 PM
The Hibs I've watched past few years and all this season all seven should go, not Hibs class. We should be aiming for 2/3rd every season with those guys we are going no where fast.

Thank You, a fan who wants success. :top marks

Oh but wait, the 'give them a chance' brigade will be all over this.....

Saorsa
13-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Thank You, a fan who wants success. :top marks

Oh but wait, the 'give them a chance' brigade will be all over this.....Good job the man that matters will be in the 'give them a chance' brigade rather than the 'boo them' or the 'hound them out the door' brigade. :aok:

greenpaper55
13-11-2013, 06:31 PM
Players should progress or be moved on, how many of our team are worth anything in the transfer market ?. Unless Big T can work miracles with the players we have and turn them into valuable assets is debatable, we are a team full of jobbing players much the same as any other middle of the league team and we need a wee bit of quality or a few gems to be unearthed by the new regime.

Andy74
13-11-2013, 06:34 PM
This post shows exactly why we will never move on as a club and seriously challange celtic.

The facts are, Hanlon, Stevenson, Clancy, Mcpake, Vine etc etc etc are bottom 6 SPFL players at best.

This is why we finish in the bottom six. Strange how a section of hibs blame every manager that comes in and want to sack the board on occasions BUT yet we accept players "will get better" "give them a chance" "the new manager will make them better"..... rubbish.

I bet there are only one or two of the Inverness team that people would rate as Hibs class.

Let's see how the manager works with them. They are all decent players many of whom have done better at teams who finish higher than we do recently.

NAE NOOKIE
13-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Clean slate for everybody and lets see what they can do .... I'm pretty sure TB & MM will decide pretty quickly whos worth keeping and whos not. Theres no doubt that the slow negative style of play and playing out of position has had an affect on the players and perhaps a change to that may be a big help to some of them.

As for transfer targets. If Mr Collins doesnt start producing before the end of the season its not exactly going to encourage the chairman to spash the cash, so I cant help thinking that we are going to have to start promoting young players and scouting for hidden gems, because the Scottish players we would like to see at ER will be heading for England for bigger money.

As a statement of intent the best thing TB could do is tell Rowan Vine that if he doesnt get rid of that ridiculous beard he will be getting splinters in his arse sitting on the bench. I know some folk arnt bothered with it .... it drives me mental.

Manxhibs
13-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Clean slate for everybody and lets see what they can do .... I'm pretty sure TB & MM will decide pretty quickly whos worth keeping and whos not. Theres no doubt that the slow negative style of play and playing out of position has had an affect on the players and perhaps a change to that may be a big help to some of them.

As for transfer targets. If Mr Collins doesnt start producing before the end of the season its not exactly going to encourage the chairman to spash the cash, so I cant help thinking that we are going to have to start promoting young players and scouting for hidden gems, because the Scottish players we would like to see at ER will be heading for England for bigger money.

As a statement of intent the best thing TB could do is tell Rowan Vine that if he doesnt get rid of that ridiculous beard he will be getting splinters in his arse sitting on the bench. I know some folk arnt bothered with it .... it drives me mental.

You're not the only pal, I was saying the same thing to my brother to my brother, that beard is horrendous!

Chump
13-11-2013, 07:53 PM
I recognise what you are trying to say, given the fact that our new management team have had a modicum of success with Caley. hopefully they can turn things round for us within a few weeks, but it wont be particularly easy. there are players, imho (and that is what this thread is about, I think) that we need to forget about. we are not suddenly going to get better players from the new man's team. let's get shot of Mc Pake, Tim Clancy,beardy Vine for starters.they will not be missed. the young lad at centre half the other day gave his all, and deserves to be in there. Forster was one of our better players, Hanlon and Stevenson are on the way out ,they have been here too long without fully turning out what we expected. Taiwo, well, what can I say. KT, he's been our best performer for ages although he tends to slip the ball back or to the side which could be that he has had no options. lets forget about the auld guy we occasionally use at right back, he's done.we have the basis of a good team and i'm hopeful that Butcher can do things for us . I hope to see Cairney back on the park instead of Vine, I hope to see Stanton and the other 2 or 3 young lads that have had some time getting on for longer but I really think we should have Cllins/Heff together up front. never seen them passing the ball between each other and I keep thinking.....why the f/ck is Collins so far back into OUR 18yd box looking for the ball:confused:

You've just mentioned 7 players of a possible starting XI who should be emptied......and in the same breath suggest we have the basis of a good team!! :confused::confused:

ScottB
13-11-2013, 08:02 PM

So the statement you want him to give the squad as a kick off is to be interested in how much facial hair they have and force them to shave it off. I'm sure that'll have them bonded and running through brick walls for him in no time.

Welcome to Hibs.net, where when slagging off a players ability gets dull we move on to their beards. What next? Jacket choice? Teeth colour?

GreenOnions
13-11-2013, 08:39 PM
You've just mentioned 7 players of a possible starting XI who should be emptied......and in the same breath suggest we have the basis of a good team!! :confused::confused:

Exactly! I think most fans believe that the current group of players can do a lot better than they have been doing and that ther's plenty of ability in the squad. I go along with those who highlight as the main problems the general imbalance in the team and shortcomings in a couple of key areas. We can argue about exact preferred 1st elevens (if all fit) but I think the team below contains a lot of quality with only two "empty spaces" - an overlapping full-back and a winger/striker with a bit of pace.

..........................Williams

Right Back...Forster...Hanlon...McGivern

.......Robertson....Thomson.....Craig

...Winger..........Heffernan.......Harris

Let's give everyone a chance to show what they can do.

hibees 7062
13-11-2013, 08:57 PM

As easy as that is it ? What if they dont want to go ?

Silversand
13-11-2013, 09:16 PM
So the statement you want him to give the squad as a kick off is to be interested in how much facial hair they have and force them to shave it off. I'm sure that'll have them bonded and running through brick walls for him in no time.

Welcome to Hibs.net, where when slagging off a players ability gets dull we move on to their beards. What next? Jacket choice? Teeth colour?

Yellow teeth out. White teeth in.

Jones28
13-11-2013, 09:34 PM
thomson,McPake,Clancy,Mullen.

The same Mullen who has played about 5 games collectively for us?

MWHIBBIES
13-11-2013, 09:48 PM

I hope big tel bins them.Your opinion and facts are very different things.

Clancy being injured doesn't make him a bad player btw, he is injured, that isn't his fault.

IberianHibernian
13-11-2013, 10:29 PM
We`ll be paying a small fortune in compensation to ICT ( Petrie will have decided that was better than interviewing other candidates many of whom would not have needed compensation ) and now folk think we can pay off players who may not want to go and sign replacements who are unlikely to be better anyway . CC , Yogi , Fenlon etc would all have liked to have signed better players than they did and one of the reaons we`ve paid ICT high compensation is to get a management team which knows the league and has patched together a team on a low budget .

DAZ86
14-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Your opinion and facts are very different things.

Clancy being injured doesn't make him a bad player btw, he is injured, that isn't his fault.

It is my opinion however, none of them have been consistent top six players, because they themselves are inconsistent.

Clancy prior to injury was poor. Shocking distribution.

DAZ86
14-11-2013, 12:30 PM

As easy as that is it ? What if they dont want to go ?

A lot are out of contract anyway so I would not give them a choice.

We expect so much from our board and managers yet the players are left to 'improve'. Times up.

Big Sexy Dave
14-11-2013, 02:33 PM
There's only 1 signing I want. COME HOME TAM MCMANUS!

RIP
15-11-2013, 11:11 AM
If Terry Butcher needs a squad overhaul before he makes this team play better then he's not the manager we need

The biggest single failure at the club over recent years has been the approach of handing over carte blanche to the incoming manager to bin and sign who they want. The more we have churn the squad - the less we have looked like a team. All we ever get is randoms in a Hibs strip.

I'm hoping we have learned that lesson

johncrobertson@
15-11-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm convinced that Richie Foran will join us in January. Presently stalling on new contract offer - he would be the leader on the pitch that Butcher has been saying good teams need.

jdships
15-11-2013, 11:25 AM
If Terry Butcher needs a squad overhaul before he makes this team play better then he's not the manager we need

The biggest single failure at the club over recent years has been the approach of handing over carte blanche to the incoming manager to bin and sign who they want. The more we have churn the squad - the less we have looked like a team. All we ever get is randoms in a Hibs strip.

Not quite sure what you mean by " I'm hoping we have learned that lesson " ?
Posters complain that RP interferes in the signing of players and you now don't fancy the manager doing it
If it is not the manager 's job to " bin and sign" then whose is it ?

Serious question and not wanting an argument - would just like to hear your thoughts

bingo70
15-11-2013, 11:26 AM

Agree, we do need some pace though, we also desperately need a right back. Other than that I don't think we need wholesale squad changes, we just need to get the most out of the players we've got.

ballengeich
15-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Agree, we do need some pace though, we also desperately need a right back. Other than that I don't think we need wholesale squad changes, we just need to get the most out of the players we've got.

I agree. For a start, I hope we see the end of fielding two defensive midfielders who never go more than ten yards into the opponents' half. Seeing someone at least trying to beat a fullback on the outside and put in a cross would be a welcome change too.

One of the contributions to the better financial results last season was that we didn't spend money paying off players and managers. Apart from feeling that TB should be able to get more out of the current squad, I think the compensation paid to get him to ER is likely to mean that any budget for January signings will be less than if there hadn't been a change of manager.

Mcpakeisgod
15-11-2013, 12:43 PM
The only players that have met the standards are robertson and williams .

Very glad robertsons with us until 2015

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

RIP
15-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Not quite sure what you mean by " I'm hoping we have learned that lesson " ?

Serious question and not wanting an argument - would just like to hear your thoughts

The lesson that we constantly churn coaches and players looking for the holy grail yet the most successful teams in our history were based on stable squads of players, who knew their positions well, knitted seamlessly together and were sourced internally or from other Scottish clubs rather than a constantly revolving door

The lesson that a new manager's first job is to make a better fist than his predecessor of the tools at his disposal. The reward for this is a budget to make a couple of signings. Much better way to run a football club than this 'build his own team' madness

hibees 7062
15-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Inverness are desperate to stop Richie Foran following Terry Butcher to Hibs when his contract runs out in the summer.
The Highland club are looking to open contract talks with the star and even offer him a coaching role.

jdships
15-11-2013, 03:52 PM
The lesson that we constantly churn coaches and players looking for the holy grail yet the most successful teams in our history were based on stable squads of players, who knew their positions well, knitted seamlessly together and were sourced internally or from other Scottish clubs rather than a constantly revolving door

The lesson that a new manager's first job is to make a better fist than his predecessor of the tools at his disposal. The reward for this is a budget to make a couple of signings. Much better way to run a football club than this 'build his own team' madness

Can't disagree with that BUT any one who becomes a manager regardless if football /day job looks to bring his own personality to bear on the staff .
Senior players played a big part in my days of "schooling" the youngsters in improving their skills

Time as usual will tell :greengrin