PDA

View Full Version : Sell Out Saturday - Partick Thistle (H) 7/12

Amit
12-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Hibees,

To show our support for the new management team. We should do as much as we possibly can to sell out the home allocation when Partick Thistle play us on the 7th of December at ER.

I'm not sure if this is a Hibs kids game but if it isn't... it should be! Plus Hibs should give away some free school tickets for the Upper part of the Away stand.

Sell Out Saturday... Lets do it!

GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Hibees,

To show our support for the new management team. We should do as much as we possibly can to sell out the home allocation when Partick Thistle play us on the 7th of December at ER.

I'm not sure if this is a Hibs kids game but if it isn't... it should be! Plus Hibs should give away some free school tickets for the Upper part of the Away stand.

GGTTH

I get where you're coming from but there is absolutely no chance of a sell out, the best we can hope for is a decent crowd and atmosphere.

lord bunberry
12-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Hibees,

GGTTH

Its never going to happen, if we beat st mirren and ross county then there will be a big crowd, if we lose both games there will be a small crowd.

HibbyAndy
12-11-2013, 06:08 PM
It is a Hibs kids game..No be anywhere near a sell out tho..But build it and they will come.

Alfred E Newman
12-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Hibees,

GGTTH

Absolutely no chance if another thread is anything to go by.:wink:

SouthamptonHibs
12-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Hibees,

Great idea but won't happen, everyone will get behind the new management team but problem is WE will still be watching the same players in action, they will still be as bad as they have been this season
, I think the next big crowd at ER will be the new year derby, around 18,000 if performances and results improve between now and then if not expect 12,000 at the new year game and under 9,000 at the other games.

Anyway welcome to Hibs Butcher and Malpas you have a tough job on your hands hail hail

Purehibee_MYB
12-11-2013, 06:26 PM
I'll be there... but I'm usually there anyway so that doesn't bring us any closer to a sell-out :cb

BH Hibs
12-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Could the board try a buy one get a discounted ticket for the Hearts game or vice versa. Thoughts?

Sir David Gray
12-11-2013, 06:51 PM
We'll be doing well if we get 12,000 at the game.

Pretty Boy
12-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Maybe the club could consider a 'Welcome Terry' deal.

STs can bring a friend for a tenner and kids under 10 for £2 or something.

Just as a one off to try and get a few fans back. Of course a win in Paisley and Dingwall will be the best way to boost the crowd.

Purehibee_MYB
12-11-2013, 06:58 PM

Just as a one off to try and get a few fans back. Of course a win in Paisley and Dingwall will be the best way to boost the crowd.

They've done similar things in the past so I don't see why not.. Would be good if we can get a semi-decent crowd and atmosphere for his first home game.

Brooster
12-11-2013, 07:07 PM
12k at the new year derby? Right you are.

Great idea but won't happen, everyone will get behind the new management team but problem is WE will still be watching the same players in action, they will still be as bad as they have been this season
, I think the next big crowd at ER will be the new year derby, around 18,000 if performances and results improve between now and then if not expect 12,000 at the new year game and under 9,000 at the other games.

Anyway welcome to Hibs Butcher and Malpas you have a tough job on your hands hail hail

Gustavo Fring
12-11-2013, 07:21 PM
should be a decent turnout if buther can score a couple of wins , even filling the east stand would do for a welcome party :flag:

Keith_M
12-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Terry Butcher will have only had two games in charge before playing PT. Unless we win either 5-0, while playing orgasm inducing football, there's now way we'll get even 12,000, never mind sell out the stadium.

I'll be happy if we just have a gradual improvement and start scoring goals again. It's not going to happen all at once.

QMU-1875
12-11-2013, 07:36 PM
The pessimism on here is incredible. We should be throwing our full weight behind such ideas. I think if the board could make some kind of deal for this one it would be a great way to reward our fans who have supported this club through thick and thin. Surely a bit of pressure from us on the board could make something happen?

marinello59
12-11-2013, 07:41 PM
The pessimism on here is incredible. We should be throwing our full weight behind such ideas. I think if the board could make some kind of deal for this one it would be a great way to reward our fans who have supported this club through thick and thin. Surely a bit of pressure from us on the board could make something happen?

So will Season ticket holders get in free then? :greengrin

B.H.F.C
12-11-2013, 07:46 PM
The only way we will add a substantial number to the gate is if we win our next two games.

QMU-1875
12-11-2013, 07:51 PM

£10 gift voucher for the club shop? Even the suggestions of season ticket holders getting to bring a mate along could work out?

Amit
12-11-2013, 08:14 PM
I've already contacted a few mates who are lapsed season ticket holders and they are even thinking about coming back.

Could someone who is involved with LWT pass on some of the above mentioned suggestions?

We may not get a sell out but let's try our best to get behind Terry and co and show them what ER and the supporters are all about.

marinello59
12-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Haven't the club done their bit already by getting rid of a manager many fans wanted removed and hiring a pretty popular replacement? If people are 'thinking' about going back anyway why would we need to let them in for free as well? There will be plenty of fans making the journey to Paisley without any other incentives. Surely the first home game will see a similar boost in numbers as well.

Hibernia&Alba
12-11-2013, 08:29 PM

It's a good idea. It would be nice to have a big crowd for his first home match, so making him aware of the size and potential of the club. There are plenty of fans on this forum alone who have stopped going, and hopefully they'll be tempted to give it another try for the umpteenth time. Come on guys, you know you want to. :devil:

Jonnyboy
12-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Haven't the club done their bit already by getting rid of a manager many fans wanted removed and hiring a pretty popular replacement? If people are 'thinking' about going back anyway why would we need to let them in for free as well? There will be plenty of fans making the journey to Paisley without any other incentives. Surely the first home game will see a similar boost in numbers as well.

:agree:

I think any fans returning should be charged double, until they catch up with the rest of us likes :greengrin

lord bunberry
12-11-2013, 09:11 PM
:agree:

I think any fans returning should be charged double, until they catch up with the rest of us likes :greengrin

They should also have to buy us a pie at half time :greengrin

fat freddy
12-11-2013, 09:21 PM
The last time we had anything close to 20,000 against Partick Thistle was in 1979 when a certain George Best was making his home debut for the club...However, if we were to resurrect George and put him up front with Messi and Ronaldo I still doubt we could sell out this match given the recent performances of the team.

Lanzahibby
12-11-2013, 09:29 PM

I agree with this. Why shouldn't it be a sell out? I think it's a great idea to offer deals/discounts to get fans back supporting the team, and why shouldn't we sell it out?

To read quotes talking about watching the same old players is really disappointing. The fans have got their way, the club has a new manager, (most fans first pick), so let's drop the negativity and get behind the team, regardless of who's playing!

Lanzahibby
12-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Love Terry's comments on Hibernianfc.co.uk

Butcher said: "I'm excited about the future and what we can achieve at Hibernian - it's a great honour to be appointed the new manager of the club.
"I've been really impressed with the set-up; from the training facilities through to the stadium, everything is in place and now our goal is to deliver the success on the pitch that everybody wants.
"We want everybody associated with Hibernian - players, staff and supporters - to all pull in the same direction and to implement a winning mindset.
"This is a big football club with big expectations, but with energy, enthusiasm, desire and focus I believe we can rise to the challenge ahead and win."

Come on fellow HIbbies, let's start believing, and we can crack on with a good manager at the helm.

Brooster
12-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Can folk not just pay the going rate to get into Easter Road without this idea that they should be offered some kind of deal to allow them in on the cheap?

GreenCastle
12-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Really the club should just let everyone in for free - that would be interesting to see how many we get.

The only catch to monitor it would be you have to enter with a ticket - get in advance or from the pods outside.

It would be a sorry for being crap for 5 years gesture. I'm a ST holder and wouldn't care if people got in free unless they sat in my seat :greengrin

HibbyAndy
12-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Can folk not just pay the going rate to get into Easter Road without this idea that they should be offered some kind of deal to allow them in on the cheap?

Maybe with well over half the stadium empty letting in say school kids is no a bad idea ?

The Voice Of Reason
12-11-2013, 10:15 PM
At the risk of sounding like an "uber fan" I really think we should all make the effort to go to this one if we can.

Yes, its been torture recently, but this is a new era and TB seems to be able to get people to play for him (who knows - he might even get Collins and Vine to look like football players!) :greengrin

I'll be taking as many of my friends and family as I can - the fact it's a Hibs Kids game should help the attendence also. :agree:

:flag:

The Voice Of Reason
12-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Maybe with well over half the stadium empty letting in say school kids is no a bad idea ?

Agreed :agree:

lucky
12-11-2013, 10:17 PM

Because people are not attending ER, the stadium is empty. Why not try a big discount for the game. Crowds always go down in the run up to Xmas. Time to try something different

The Voice Of Reason
12-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Because people are not attending ER, the stadium is empty. Why not try a big discount for the game. Crowds always go down in the run up to Xmas. Time to try something different

Spot on :agree:

weecounty hibby
12-11-2013, 10:33 PM

Totally agree. Look at every other form of entertainment and you will see some form of inducement to go. Whether it is a restaurant, the movies, ten pin or whatever they are all offering discounts. Its not just Hibs though, football in general takes the fans/customers for granted and treats them in a way no others would. Hibs should take a look at how the SRU have priced the autumn internationals and look at the attendances drawn in. Over 32,000 versus Japan is probably 50% more than i thought it would be

Carheenlea
12-11-2013, 11:06 PM

Think it will be £22, the same price it has been for the last 3-4 years. Dropping prices by a couple of pound will make no odds whatsoever.

£22 is not really drastically expensive for a game of SPL football at Easter Road compared with other leisure time pursuits.

IWasThere2016
12-11-2013, 11:19 PM

Building the fan base .. Now there's an idea .. Wonder we didn't try that before building the capacity :wink:

I hear RP's in favour of Brooster's idea and we're having a buy 2 for the price of 2 offer :greengrin

Seriously, I'll be there :thumbsup:

SouthamptonHibs
13-11-2013, 01:25 AM
12k at the new year derby? Right you are.

We had under 12k at our match v Hearts last season the 1-1 (Alan Marbury pass back lead to HEARTS goal)
If results are bad between now and then, with game on tv and on a Thursday night (2nd) folk skint after Xmas, bored of the booze and plus no public holiday on the Fri, I would get ready for a similar crowd 8,000 Hibs fans plus 3,800 Hearts.
On the other hand, good results/performances between now and then should = 18,000 at this game 14,000+ Hibs fans and 3,800 Hearts.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-11-2013, 01:53 AM
Bored of the booze! lol! :-)

marti1875
13-11-2013, 05:21 AM
Bored of the booze! lol! :-)

:greengrin I just about choked on my beer when i read that one too....but i did refrain from spraying it over my ipad though you will be pleased to know :greengrin

hibs4thecup1988
13-11-2013, 06:58 AM
I contacted Hibs about tickets for school and the local area after hearts done something at my sons school.

We apparently give 1200 tickets per game to charities and school but not even a quarter get taking up.

marinello59
13-11-2013, 07:45 AM
I contacted Hibs about tickets for school and the local area after hearts done something at my sons school.

We apparently give 1200 tickets per game to charities and school but not even a quarter get taking up.

Kids have to be supervised with the correct quota of adults so it's not simply a case of chucking out free tickets and watching the stands fill up. Just as discounting tickets will not make that big a difference to the crowd. (And one of the hardest things to do after discounting tickets is to get people willing to pay full price afterwards.)

Jonny1875
13-11-2013, 09:04 AM
I planned to come to this game in August and its looking like a good choice!

Flanny boy
13-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Planning on comming up for this one and I,m sure there
will be a good few going up from the lancashire area also
looking forward to welcoming the new manager :flag:

Islington Hibs
13-11-2013, 09:30 AM

Interesting but not that surprising. I actually think Hibs do a lot of good community work that gets pretty unnoticed. The reality is, as has been proven by gates over the last 100 years, if the team plays well crowds go up, if not they go down. Simple as. Since the 1960's the range has been between around 7000 and 15000. I don't think cutting the price makes much difference. It is a simple vicious/ virtuous circle. If people think the will be good football and a win they will come, if not they won't. Luckily Hibs have a pretty large latent support that despite all the disappointments can still be tapped into. All we can do is our bit by creating a positive atmosphere rather than the slightly boorish timid one that generally exists.

.Sean.
13-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Can folk not just pay the going rate to get into Easter Road without this idea that they should be offered some kind of deal to allow them in on the cheap?Correct, a tenners difference in the price of a ticket really won't make much difference to the majority.

.Sean.
13-11-2013, 12:52 PM

If we start letting folk in for a tenner why should I bother spending 400 quid on a season ticket? Explain that to me.

borstalboy
13-11-2013, 01:09 PM
If we start letting folk in for a tenner why should I bother spending 400 quid on a season ticket? Explain that to me.

IMO, I don't think he was suggesting we discount every game! It all comes down to the situation we find ourselves in.....new manager part way through the season with a lot of folk dispondant at the style of football we were playing.

Given the fact how bad the football under PF has been and the fact it has driven fans away, I'd suggest this is a great opportunity to offer some sort on incentive/offer to get supporters back through the door. It might work, it might not.....wheres the harm in trying to boost the gates for our new managers first game(?!), potentially rekindling peoples love for all things Hibs and potentially getting supporters coming back to Easter Road on a regular basis.

I don't see what's so wrong with that!

ALF TUPPER
13-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Franck Stanton
13-11-2013, 01:35 PM
There have been numerous posters on here and other forums stating " I will not return until Fenlon has gone" - well he has - you coming back now ? Yes the football has been "eye-bleeding" but, now we have a manager who, after all, is the fans preferred choice, it's time to put our money where our mouths are, get along to Easter Road, SUPPORT the team, you know it makes sense, go on - you may even enjoy yourself, - remember that feeling ?

southsider
13-11-2013, 01:39 PM
would go as low as £5 per adult with kids at £1. One off gesture with all getting a form for half seasons. Speculate to accumulate ! GGTTH

Hermit Crab
13-11-2013, 01:55 PM

For the record lucky does also have a season ticket.

Hermit Crab
13-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Whatever happened to our polish supporters club? Do these guys still attend? I'm sure they could pull a decent mob if word was spread.

NatureBoy
13-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Imagine a close to full ER every week, the platform that would give the club would be MASSIVE! Sadly it seems to be in vogue to slag Scottish football and look for any excuse not to attend!

Pretty Boy
13-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Whatever happened to our polish supporters club? Do these guys still attend? I'm sure they could pull a decent mob if word was spread.

I work with 1 of the guys who was involved with the Polish supporters group.

They still attend a few matches but a few have new work commitments and a couple have just become parents as well.

silverhibee
13-11-2013, 02:19 PM

Hibs pay the ST holders £20 to come to the game. :greengrin

EH54
13-11-2013, 02:24 PM
As a season ticket Holder i really couldn't care if they offerd a few games at a tenner or gave out free school tickets to schools to fill the stadium and to get these kids watching a club they want to grow up to support. Hibs kids day is good, always thought they should have a mates day where once or twice a year each ST holder gets a free ticket to bring along someone. stadium is big enough even if its against a smaller class B game?

Hermit Crab
13-11-2013, 02:48 PM
As a season ticket Holder i really couldn't care if they offerd a few games at a tenner or gave out free school tickets to schools to fill the stadium and to get these kids watching a club they want to grow up to support. Hibs kids day is good, always thought they should have a mates day where once or twice a year each ST holder gets a free ticket to bring along someone. stadium is big enough even if its against a smaller class B game?

Did Motherwell not do a bring a mate for a £1? Very successful wasn't it?

The Voice Of Reason
13-11-2013, 03:57 PM

Sensible shout sir :top marks

yeezus.
13-11-2013, 04:27 PM
I planned to come to this game in August and its looking like a good choice!

Do you get the ferry across? I've never bumped into a Hibs fan on the bus from Stranraer to Edinburgh?

bboy
13-11-2013, 04:33 PM
What about green day,season ticket holders can bring a friend,lapst fan along,was succesful last season.:flag:

Alfred E Newman
13-11-2013, 06:21 PM
There have been numerous posters on here and other forums stating " I will not return until Fenlon has gone" - well he has - you coming back now ? Yes the football has been "eye-bleeding" but, now we have a manager who, after all, is the fans preferred choice, it's time to put our money where our mouths are, get along to Easter Road, SUPPORT the team, you know it makes sense, go on - you may even enjoy yourself, - remember that feeling ?

Good luck with that suggestion :wink:

alexhibs
13-11-2013, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Flanny boy;3806968]Planning on comming up for this one and I,m sure there
looking forward to welcoming the new manager

I'm planning on going to game, I live in Ellesmere Port, do you know anyone going from this area? Looking for lift/car share/bus or its gonna be lone journey on train lol /QUOTE]

Cameron1875
13-11-2013, 08:42 PM
We've backed them in huge numbers so many times in big games recently and been horribly let down. Not a chance of getting anywhere near a sell out i'm afraid.

Hermit Crab
13-11-2013, 08:45 PM
We've backed them in huge numbers so many times in big games recently and been horribly let down. Not a chance of getting anywhere near a sell out i'm afraid.

Yes, I'd tend to go along with this. Once bitten and all that. Except in our case we've been bitten more times than I care to remember.

Amit
13-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Nobody is denying that we've had our pants pulled down a number times and royally shafted in big games in front of large crowds!

However, change has happened. The change the majority of us wanted. So we need to change our mind set too and get behind the new manager.

It's difficult to put those games behind us and only time, success and progress on the park will help bring back the masses permanently. However, as season ticket holder I want to encourage lapsed Hibees to get along to TB's first home game in charge so we can all show that we're behind him.

Like TB says it'll be hard work but we'll get there.

GGTTH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Gerard
13-11-2013, 11:11 PM
I've already contacted a few mates who are lapsed season ticket holders and they are even thinking about coming back.

Could someone who is involved with LWT pass on some of the above mentioned suggestions?

We may not get a sell out but let's try our best to get behind Terry and co and show them what ER and the supporters are all about.

I am sure that this is an idea that will be seen by LWT and passed on:wink:

147lothian
14-11-2013, 08:37 AM
I go no matter what, chairman, manager, players etc etc.

At the same time its time we have to get intouch with the day and age, some people might make an excuse to go to the cinema on sat ie not going back while its rod, fenlon etc, I support any idea that can bring in new fans, if that means the livi idea of giving free tickets to schools or any other then it has to be for the good, I hope something is tried, to fill the stands for the new managers first game

Flanny boy
14-11-2013, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=Flanny boy;3806968]Planning on comming up for this one and I,m sure there

I'm planning on going to game, I live in Ellesmere Port, do you know anyone going from this area? Looking for lift/car share/bus or its gonna be lone journey on train lol /QUOTE]
I am not to sure of the top of my head mate but once I find out
who,s all going and how we are travelling up I will let you know
And try and sort something out ok pal.ggtth

Bill Milne
14-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Sorry, but at this early stage it won't happen. Just asking for a slagging on Keechback, I'm afraid.

southsider
14-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Terry himself spoke about the noise and support we gave our team at his first visit to ER. (souness's debut) Given a decent side, one that plays with a passion installed by our manager our crowds could well return in far greater numbers. Terry has made me excited about Hibs for the first time in many, many years. GGTTH.

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2013, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=alexhibs;3807680]
I am not to sure of the top of my head mate but once I find out
who,s all going and how we are travelling up I will let you know
And try and sort something out ok pal.ggtth

Paul, do you fancy the train? We could aim for the 0953 from Preston, and the 1813 coming back, so we can all be on the one train, make it the party train. :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
14-11-2013, 09:30 AM
Sorry, but at this early stage it won't happen. Just asking for a slagging on Keechback, I'm afraid.

2 things:

1) Who cares what the poppy thiefs think?

2) Fans have asked for change, this has happened, we now have our prime target in place, a Manager with a proven track record in the SPFL. Yet some quarters are asking for reduced prices in order to attend.....???

Here is a novel concept, stop greeting, get off your backsides, and SUPPORT the Club going forward...........

Flanny boy
14-11-2013, 09:33 AM
[QUOTE=Flanny boy;3808028]

Paul, do you fancy the train? We could aim for the 0953 from Preston, and the 1813 coming back, so we can all be on the one train, make it the party train. :wink:
Aye that sounds alright gasman try and get a
few of the boys going up for a good old knees up eh :thumbsup:

Carheenlea
14-11-2013, 09:35 AM
2 things:

2) Fans have asked for changed, this has happened, we now have our prime target in place, a Manager with a proven track record in the SPFL. Yet some quarters are asking for reduced prices in order to attend.....???

Here is a novel concept, stop greeting, get off your backsides, and SUPPORT the Club going forward...........

:top marks

Flanny boy
14-11-2013, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE=Flanny boy;3808028]

Just booked ticket for that train pal £36.50 return

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2013, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3808038]

Ok pal, will get onto it now too. :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2013, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3808038]

Me too pal. :thumbsup:

Wilson
14-11-2013, 10:08 AM

No chance. However, appealing to lapsed fans to come back in numbers for a one off game is still a good idea. If we could turn what might have been a below average crowd into a relatively impressive showing then job done. Gives TB a chance to impress a few stay aways and points to the sort of numbers we can attract if we start winning regularly.

I wasn't looking to attend this game but count me in - plus one.

Phil MaGlass
14-11-2013, 10:15 AM

I have been saying this for a while masel, thousands of empty seats, get them filled with kids, kids football clubs, schools, FFS fill the stadium for atleast 1 game, how difficult can it be, send the players out to as many schools as they can with thousands of tickets, or ask clubs and schools to come to ER to pick them up, all it takes is a message on the official website and it can happen.
Kids are the future supporters.

QMU-1875
14-11-2013, 10:15 AM
I don't think anyone realistically expects a sell out but if we can get more to attend the bits great for the club! I think this is a great idea and who knows we might just get that sell out!

spike220
14-11-2013, 10:17 AM

Jings, I didn't realise my wife had a Hibs.net account.:na na:

Phil MaGlass
14-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Terry himself spoke about the noise and support we gave our team at his first visit to ER. (souness's debut) Given a decent side, one that plays with a passion installed by our manager our crowds could well return in far greater numbers. Terry has made me excited about Hibs for the first time in many, many years. GGTTH.

THis bit, just by saying a few lines to the press he has alot of people buzzing, strange eh.
More positive vibes please.

Flanny boy
14-11-2013, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=Flanny boy;3808057]

Me too pal. :thumbsup:
That's sound bigman all we need now is 3 points
and Bombay bob to shave his rowan vine beard off :wink:

Flanny boy
14-11-2013, 03:35 PM

:flag:thats us going on the 9.53 train from preston mate and back on
the 18.13.if you can manage to get that train then feel free to join us pal.ggtth :flag:

Jonny1875
14-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Do you get the ferry across? I've never bumped into a Hibs fan on the bus from Stranraer to Edinburgh?

I got the ferry my most recent time which was last season but this time im flying.

alexhibs
14-11-2013, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=alexhibs;3807680]thats us going on the 9.53 train from preston mate and back on
the 18.13.if you can manage to get that train then feel free to join us pal.ggtth

cheers for that, ahll have a look and let you know:tbgwa:

Amit
14-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Refreshing to see a lot of positives vibes on the thread and people genuinely excited about Hibs under TB's tenure.

Great idea about kids football clubs. Get them all along.

GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
14-11-2013, 08:24 PM
I go all the time - come hell or high water, irrespective of results, type of football, manager or players etc etc.

Now I demand immediate canonisation and then all your bank account numbers and the phone digits of your wives/girlfriends.

Emerald
14-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Refreshing to see a lot of positives vibes on the thread and people genuinely excited about Hibs under TB's tenure.

Great idea about kids football clubs. Get them all along.

GGTTH

I agree, it is so refreshing to be able to be positive for a change. In my opinion Butcher is a fantastic appointment on his own but getting his back room team as well is even better. Although I've never given up going I would have probably chucked it next season if Fenlon had still been in charge. That's in the past now though, he's gone and at last we can move on and get the whole club going again. Good luck to Pat and I hope he finds success wherever he goes next.

I'm sure the match day experience will improve no end under TB and although things may not change dramatically overnight I do believe we will see a difference even in the short term.

Any initiative (even if it is just on here) to get fans back to Easter Road is worthwhile, especially if they can come away and think they've seen things starting to progress and give them a bit of hope for the future. We need every person we can get through the turnstiles and more importantly we don't want to chase them away as we have in the recent past. I'm sure Terry and his team will have that positive effect. :thumbsup:

Saorsa
14-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Me too pal. :thumbsup:Nae mini bus then? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Nae mini bus then? :greengrin

:greengrin You can get more pissed on a train. :wink:

Jonnyboy
14-11-2013, 09:13 PM
:greengrin You can get more pissed on a train. :wink:

Will you be bringing your bond with you G? Just to get it re-ignited likes :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Will you be bringing your bond with you G? Just to get it re-ignited likes :greengrin

:grr: :greengrin

Amit
14-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Although I've never given up going I would have probably chucked it next season if Fenlon had still been in charge.

Same here! However the appointment of TB and his back room staff has given me optimism for the future and I actually can't wait for his first game in charge and also the first game at ER under his tenure!

Bill Milne
15-11-2013, 08:49 AM
2 things:

2) Fans have asked for change, this has happened, we now have our prime target in place, a Manager with a proven track record in the SPFL. Yet some quarters are asking for reduced prices in order to attend.....???

Actually, Brockie, I was implying that this was an orchestrated attempt by the Jumbos to see us making an a*se (a*@se) of ourselves.