PDA

View Full Version : Confidence

Mikey
12-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Mentioned more than once by the manager.

We've got a part to play in that too!

Glesgahibby
12-11-2013, 03:43 PM
This is and has been a problem for some time now,as I have said on other threads "confidence and expression" is the key element to real success.Butcher will change the mindset at east mains and lift the tempo in our passing game.we have a squad already capable and he will bring out the best in them I am sure of it:aok:

Scooter
12-11-2013, 03:48 PM

100% Terry and lift the confidence all he wants but if we don't change as well and cut out some off the crap that get sprouted abt we will just kick the confidence right out

Dalianwanda
12-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Non of this stuff makes a bit of difference to their confidence..if it was external things such as the manager, crowd, results etc then all of them would feel exactly the same (have the same feeling when scoring a goal or hearing abuse)..the only thing to understand with confidence is that if you believe it come from external stuff then like that external thing your confidence will be temporary

S4uzee
12-11-2013, 03:58 PM

100%, the constant booing gets on my nerves, some of it deserved but it needs to be realised that all it does is benefit the opposition and hinder our own players

Hibby Gav
12-11-2013, 04:06 PM
We have to give Him and the team time to change...Hibs have made a large financial commitment and acknowledge with the length of contract that is will take time. It isn't going to change overnight...but it will change...with our patience and support.

Just as a side issue...I've just heard the announcement of our new manager on the news on Radio 2 during the Steve Wright show....higher profile already....just shows what happens when you get a well know 'face' in.

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
12-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Butcher and the team will get plenty time and patience.

Things turned 'nasty' with Fenlon towards the end of his tenure but for a long time the vast majority of the support were very patient. The patience ran out when it became obvious we were going nowhere and Fenlon couldn't change things.

Baldy Foghorn
12-11-2013, 04:08 PM

Does this mean you will be atending again?

SmashinGlass
12-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Non of this stuff makes a bit of difference to their confidence..if it was external things such as the manager, crowd, results etc then all of them would feel exactly the same (have the same feeling when scoring a goal or hearing abuse)..the only thing to understand with confidence is that if you believe it come from external stuff then like that external thing your confidence will be temporary

Where does confidence come from then?

Craig_in_Prague
12-11-2013, 04:22 PM
TB said he wants the whole club pulling in the same direction.

We sometimes played awful under TM, but the buzz was always there. That's what we need to get to, we have a manager that HAS delivered in this league and is committed to improving Hibs - I am confident TB will have the side playing quicker and more positively very soon.
In turn, the fans will respond, I'm sure of it.

Get behind all the team now and TB will adjust the team as he see's fit, short and longer term.

We've not even kicked a ball yet under him, but already I am feeling more excited about Hibs again.

The players will respond too now, I am sure of it - Go back them!

Kato
12-11-2013, 04:25 PM

Winning football matches.

Pete
12-11-2013, 04:26 PM

Within yourself?

Dalianwanda
12-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Confidence comes from within, being more in the present moment...Anything outside that present moment is just a construct of thinking about the past or the future (your version of reality but not reality itself)..And as thoughts are temporary then if you base confidence on a temporary thing that will be temporary too. You cant think yourself into the zone, you can only experience it once you allow yourself to stop paying attention to your thinking & get into the task at hand..Then perception widens, creativity happens, you dont pay attention to errant thoughts that pop in, you feel great.....confidence...

Its always our thinking that determines how we view/experience our circumstances and never circumstances that determine our thinking..Although thats what has been taught up till now..IMO

Viva_Palmeiras
12-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Can we form a queue to slap the first comment of "out of his depth" and "not got what it takes to take is forward".

No excuses.
believe.in.better

CmoantheHibs
12-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Confidence comes from within, being more in the present moment...Anything outside that present moment is just a construct of thinking about the past or the future (your version of reality but not reality itself)..And as thoughts are temporary then if you base confidence on a temporary thing that will be temporary too. You cant think yourself into the zone, you can only experience it once you allow yourself to stop paying attention to your thinking & get into the task at hand..Then perception widens, creativity happens, you dont pay attention to errant thoughts that pop in, you feel great.....confidence...

Its always our thinking that determines how we view/experience our circumstances and never circumstances that determine our thinking..Although thats what has been taught up till now..IMO
Im not disagreeing with what you are saying but it is not really practical to this debate as most people(and obviously most/all of our players) don't follow these principles in the main and even when they do they may not realise they are doing so.Everyone makes their own decisions in life and most people don't choose to live through these principles.Whether they would benefit our team is a totally different topic.

IanM
12-11-2013, 05:07 PM
JN summed it up after Saturday - the players are too scared to try anything new in case they do it wrong and get abuse from the stands - that mentality is rife through the players at present.

I just want the players to stand up and be counted, to give every last inch of effort and if things don't come off then fair play for them for trying but no effort and not trying will get them nowhere.

i can feel a buzz again around the place, including here!

a few posters had rightly said they're sick of backing the club in important games, with season tickets and getting nothing back from the club however, we NEED to support the club again starting now - I'm not asking anyone to forget the woeful results and performances, the players should still be well aware of them but if we can put that to one side and support the team again, as a unit we'll do things.

weonlywon6-2
12-11-2013, 05:42 PM

Very much so.If we can take a decent crowd to Paisley and get right behind the team then we will hopefully kick on

RIP
12-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Don't you think it will be interesting to see if the manager's impact is restricted to the team?

The last manager that had a tangible impact on the club was Tony Mowbray but there was no East Mains back then

Dalianwanda
12-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Im not disagreeing with what you are saying but it is not really practical to this debate as most people(and obviously most/all of our players) don't follow these principles in the main and even when they do they may not realise they are doing so.Everyone makes their own decisions in life and most people don't choose to live through these principles.Whether they would benefit our team is a totally different topic.

I was only giving an opinion then answering a question..When would it be practical, imo it's always practical?...And people only don't choose to live through these principles because they haven't been taught that way, I was the same, we all were..Doesn't mean it's not true :cb I'll bow out Im not meaning to give a sermon just aiming to join in the chat......:wink:

Jonnyboy
12-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Don't you think it will be interesting to see if the manager's impact is restricted to the team?

The last manager that had a tangible impact on the club was Tony Mowbray but there was no East Mains back then

What else you got in mind G?

heretoday
12-11-2013, 09:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJYOKhluskI

See Dr Terry Butcher lecturing about leadership. It's quite boring actually but it shows he's a capable chap.

eastterrace
12-11-2013, 09:23 PM
the booing has got to stop, give the team support and the manager, he needs time so lets get behind him as he will turn it around but it wont be quick. still if we show some improvement in our play ie more attacking play then i think we will give him the backing.
who knows this time next year we might just be at the right end of the league, heres hoping.

RIP
15-11-2013, 03:30 PM

What else you got in mind G?

Reputation, morale, energy, communication, unity, performance culture, personality, enjoyment, unify Easter Road & East Mains, Unify team, club and support

jacomo
15-11-2013, 03:38 PM
the booing has got to stop, give the team support and the manager, he needs time so lets get behind him as he will turn it around but it wont be quick. still if we show some improvement in our play ie more attacking play then i think we will give him the backing.
who knows this time next year we might just be at the right end of the league, heres hoping.

Players and ex-players always say that the crowd makes a difference, and a supportive atmosphere can drive the team on. Conversely, a negative atmosphere can be detrimental to performance. I don't know why anyone refuses to acknowledge this.

If a player tries something in a game and it doesn't come off, the reaction of the fans plays a role in what happens the next time he has the ball. If he was applauded for his effort, he will surely be motivated to try again. If he was booed, he might be tempted to hide.

It takes players of a very high calibre to draw inspiration entirely from within themselves and be immune to what's going on around them. Ours need a little help!

Jonnyboy
15-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Reputation, morale, energy, communication, unity, performance culture, personality, enjoyment, unify Easter Road & East Mains, Unify team, club and support

And in his second week? :greengrin