PDA

View Full Version : Where now for Pat?

spike220
11-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Where will Pat go now? I am sure that little Irish fellow will pop up with a you tube interview in the next month or so to let us know. Is Pat still hot property in Ireland?

GlenrothesHibee
12-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Where will Pat go now? I am sure that little Irish fellow will pop up with a you tube interview in the next month or so to let us know. Is Pat still hot property in Ireland?

I think Pat would walk into a job in Ireland. I don't think he did a bad job at Hibs in all fairness so i would like to see him land another job in Scotland and i'm sure he would be successful

pacorosssco
12-11-2013, 06:25 AM
This is my last Fenlon post as I want to move on from him now. I honestly cant say he did a good job. He quit and leaves us in a similar position to when he came in. I don't see him being offered another gig here maybe lower English divisions but I think Ireland will offer him a chance to rebuild. Good luck to him, he tried but failed and for that reason wont be back in Scottish game.

Zazu62
12-11-2013, 06:54 AM
I think Pat would walk into a job in Ireland. I don't think he did a bad job at Hibs in all fairness so i would like to see him land another job in Scotland and i'm sure he would be successful

Rubbish, we were honking under fenlon FACT.

Golden Bear
12-11-2013, 07:33 AM
I can't say I'm bothered in the slightest.

It's time to move on and distance ourselves from the dismal Fenlon era.

Gettin' Auld
12-11-2013, 07:36 AM

I agree with you, but that won't be what he puts on his CV.

He'll claim that he saved us from potential relegation. Improved our league position each season and took us to two cup finals.

No doubt he'll walk into a managers job back in Ireland.

RoslinInstHibby
12-11-2013, 10:07 AM
I agree with you, but that won't be what he puts on his CV.

He'll claim that he saved us from potential relegation. Improved our league position each season and took us to two cup finals.

No doubt he'll walk into a managers job back in Ireland.

the record books will show he did a fine job.......we all know the truth though

DAVE1875
12-11-2013, 10:13 AM
I think he could do a good enough job in the Scottish Championship

Mikeystewart
12-11-2013, 10:14 AM
There is no question that he has the pedigree to be at success at that level (ireland).

But without sounding like an EPL fan, he clearly didn't have the tactical nous to manage at this level.

He seems to be a good motivator, man manager and coach.

If he had someone along side him who was more tactically aware he would be one half of a decent SPL duo. (or maybe a 3rd based on his size :greengrin)

greenlex
12-11-2013, 10:17 AM
There is no question that he has the pedigree to be at success at that level (ireland).

But without sounding like an EPL fan, he clearly didn't have the tactical nous to manage at this level.

He seems to be a good motivator, man manager and coach.

If he had someone along side him who was more tactically aware he would be one half of a decent SPL duo. (or maybe a 3rd based on his size :greengrin)
Hmmmmmmm!!!!!

Pretty Boy
12-11-2013, 10:28 AM
I can't say I'm bothered in the slightest.

It's time to move on and distance ourselves from the dismal Fenlon era.

Pretty much where i am.

Hibercelona
12-11-2013, 10:36 AM
He proved he could manage at the top level in Ireland, despite what happened here. So he'll walk back into a job over there.

drumatic44
12-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Basically a nice guy who worked hard, but IMO too much of a step up , a bit like a few seasons ago at Dunfermline when they brought Steve Kenny over and it didn't work out for him either.
But, all the best to him anyway, he gave it his best shot.

Treadstone
12-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Good luck to him but as far as a UK management career, its over.

The Sea-gull
12-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Good luck to him but as far as a UK management career, its over.

I would agree that it is over for now which is a shame in a way as he clearly did well in Ireland. Perhaps the next step for him after Ireland should have been lower leagues or even non-leagues in England/lower leagues in Scotland.

He should never have got a job like the Hibs job. That's not me being big headed about Hibs. I would include Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United in that too. To get a job at these sort of clubs you should really have done well at a Kilmarnock, St Johnstone or Inverness etc in the SPL or similar type of thing in a league of a reasonable standard.

I don't blame Pat for taking the Hibs job but he should never have been offered it in the first place. Said it at the time and have never really wavered from that opinion during his tenure.

jacomo
12-11-2013, 12:24 PM
I would agree that it is over for now which is a shame in a way as he clearly did well in Ireland. Perhaps the next step for him after Ireland should have been lower leagues or even non-leagues in England/lower leagues in Scotland.

He should never have got a job like the Hibs job. That's not me being big headed about Hibs. I would include Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United in that too. To get a job at these sort of clubs you should really have done well at a Kilmarnock, St Johnstone or Inverness etc in the SPL or similar type of thing in a league of a reasonable standard.

I don't blame Pat for taking the Hibs job but he should never have been offered it in the first place. Said it at the time and have never really wavered from that opinion during his tenure.

Fair enough and I don't disagree with you. But I wish the wee guy all the best for the future.

Did he ever move his family over to Edinburgh or are they all still based back in Ireland?

Gettin' Auld
12-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Fair enough and I don't disagree with you. But I wish the wee guy all the best for the future.

Did he ever move his family over to Edinburgh or are they all still based back in Ireland?
As far as i'm aware, his family remained in Ireland.

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm not really bothered where he ends up but I bear him no ill feelings. He took on a tough job and it became apparent that he wasn't really up to it, the experience will no doubt serve him well though so no doubt he will be back in management eventually.

Thecat23
12-11-2013, 02:40 PM
He came, He failed, He left.

Nothing more to add. It's all about Terry now and I honestly think we will see some real changes.

Sir David Gray
12-11-2013, 03:11 PM
I, for one, wish him all the best in his future career.

He seems like a decent human being and although that, in itself, doesn't make you a good football manager, I hope he can find himself another club quite soon and that he is a success with them.

I have no ill feelings towards him at all.

Fergus52
12-11-2013, 03:23 PM

Are you using 'FACT' ironically or seriously?

Genuine question

Houchy
12-11-2013, 03:41 PM
I think he could do a good enough job in the Scottish Championship

Hahahearts?

HibbyAndy
12-11-2013, 03:44 PM
I liked Fenlon..Not as Hibs manager as he failed miserably imo.But i liked him as a human being..A real nice person and i wish him nowt but success in his future.

blackpoolhibs
12-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Pat who?

Houchy
12-11-2013, 03:57 PM
I, for one, wish him all the best in his future career.

He seems like a decent human being and although that, in itself, doesn't make you a good football manager, I hope he can find himself another club quite soon and that he is a success with them.

I have no ill feelings towards him at all.

I think this was his downfall. I had the absolute pleasure of meeting on a couple of occasions and he really was a top bloke. Probably too nice to manage the bunch of lazy @rs@ h!l@s we have at ER. I don't think Terry Butcher will take nearly as much sh@te.

Jonnyboy
12-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Time to move on guys