PDA

View Full Version : Media TB on a penalty shoot out!

Jonnyboy
11-11-2013, 07:59 PM
I never tire of watching this and find Butcher to be a decent pundit :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVnigShdkZ4

nonshinyfinish
11-11-2013, 08:28 PM
One of the best Hibs crowds I've ever been in. :agree:

Jonnyboy
11-11-2013, 08:31 PM

:agree: Was an amazing night!

Love it when Scott Brown, gentleman that he is, wishes Nerlinger all the best as the Rangers man comes forward to take his penalty :faf:

Purple & Green
11-11-2013, 08:40 PM
I've read that this was Rangers only domestic penalty shoot out defeat.

jabis
11-11-2013, 08:41 PM
thanks for that :not worth

3pm
11-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Brilliant night.

Someome explain how Doumbe and Murder took a pen before Riordan?! Unless the 'penalty box' is an Edinburgh nightclub?!

Saorsa
11-11-2013, 08:46 PM
One of the best Hibs crowds I've ever been in. :agree:Was indeed a great night :agree:

Wembley67
11-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Brilliant brilliant night....thanks for posting :thumbsup:

BH Hibs
11-11-2013, 08:47 PM
One's called Ronald
One's called Frank
:flag::flag::flag:

TRC
11-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Brilliant night.

Someome explain how Doumbe and Murder took a pen before Riordan?! Unless the 'penalty box' is an Edinburgh nightclub?!

probably to lazy to walk to the spot!
have to admit when PC Murdoch stepped up I really thought we were screwed!

Pretty Boy
11-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Brilliant night. Hibs support never shut up the whole time. Remember a huge ironic cheer when the the Rangers fans finally made a sound about 115 minutes in.

Only remember about 8000 or so of us there but if you believe everyone now there must have been 10 times that.

Jonnyboy
Brilliant night.

Deek was virtually out on his feet and had been kicked up and down the park by Ricksen.

nonshinyfinish
Brilliant night.

Had he been subbed? Dobbie and McManus both came off the bench, can't remember who for.

SteveHFC
11-11-2013, 08:51 PM

This

Still got the programme in my house :greengrin

SteveHFC
11-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Brilliant night. Hibs support never shut up the whole time. Remember a huge ironic cheer when the the Rangers fans finally made a sound about 115 minutes in.

Only remember about 8000 or so of us there but if you believe everyone now there must have been 10 times that.

Still remember going mental as a 11 year old when De Boer missed his pen :greengrin

EH54
11-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Amazing night just over 7,000 Hibs fans out signing 30,000 Rangers fans. Wee fat Bobbys green and white army!

Was only young and always remember the game as one of my favorites games i ever went to. shame only 7,000 experienced it but i think that's what made it all the better. sure there is a video on youtube of the Hail Hail that night was amazing.

Always remember turning to my dad after Doumbe missed turning to my dad wanting to go home.. glad he told me its not over yet son. !

Colin Murdock who would have thought.

3pm
11-11-2013, 08:57 PM

Aye, I don't know anyone that wasn't 'there'!!

SlickShoes
11-11-2013, 09:05 PM
Still remember going mental as a 11 year old when De Boer missed his pen :greengrin

That makes me feel ancient, remember it like it was only a couple of years ago!

Holmesdale Hibs
11-11-2013, 09:09 PM
I really enjoyed that until the commentator mentioned we'd be playing Livi in the final. Forgotten how good a keep Andersson was, some quality saves.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-11-2013, 09:13 PM
How much of a cheat was Klos?!? About 5ft off his line before the 2 he saved were struck!!

Clueless ref doesn't see it.....

Nice to know something's never change :hibees

Holmesdale Hibs
11-11-2013, 09:21 PM
How much of a cheat was Klos?!? About 5ft off his line before the 2 he saved were struck!!

Clueless ref doesn't see it.....

Nice to know something's never change :hibees

At least we won't see any Huns in this years semi though. And if newco make it, they won't have a 40k per week international keeper to help them out. But yeah, suspect they'd still be cheating *******s and there'ldbe a similar stench from the old rangers end.

carnoustiehibee
11-11-2013, 09:30 PM
I was in Vegas for my 21st when this was played. Doesnt seem so long ago. :flag:

jane_says
11-11-2013, 09:51 PM

I remember my Celtic supporting teacher saying I didn't have to do the homework if Hibs won. Got home at about half 1 in the morning and didn't even make it to school.

This, 2007 and deano's derby are my top 3

chriswood1401
11-11-2013, 10:00 PM
I remember watching this in my flat with my then 5 week old son. Involuntarily tossed him in the air when De Boer hit the post and clattered his head off the roof.

Totally worth it.

spike220
11-11-2013, 10:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVnigShdkZ4adverts blocking the view

Argylehibby
11-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Had he been subbed? Dobbie and McManus both came off the bench, can't remember who for.

He hadn't been subbed but in the last few minutes of extra time I think he had suffered severe cramp so obviously decision was not to risk it.

sadtom
11-11-2013, 10:49 PM
What a top night. Actually just spotted myself and my mate jumping about in that shot of the Hibs fans celebrating.

As to the penalties, Deek had been assaulted off the ball by Ricksen who had smashed him in the head with his elbow during extra time.
My laddies were about 4 at the time an Deek was one of my 2 sons first real hero.
When he saw the highlights next day and saw Ricksen do that to Riordan he was outraged. I will always remember that he said he 'hated' Ricksen for it. The 1st human being I ever heard him say he hated.
Because he was only 4 he kept getting Ricksen's name wrong and I can still see the look of horror on my laddies face when he saw Deek get poleaxed. Followed by him shouting in a proper wee blast of temper. "I hate Rando Nickson!"
To this day, in our house, FR still gets called Rando Nickson.:greengrin

s2hart
12-11-2013, 12:24 AM
I've said before Andersson's save from Ball's penalty was probably one of the best penalty saves I've seen live, a great night.

I remember the game finished late and we had to rush back to the station to catch the last train back to Edinburgh, we practically hijacked a bus and told the driver to get us back to the station pronto, he dually obliged probably because he was clocking off and he could get to the garage quicker, well done that man. :aok:

stanton_4
12-11-2013, 07:52 AM
I remember watching this in my flat with my then 5 week old son. Involuntarily tossed him in the air when De Boer hit the post and clattered his head off the roof.

Totally worth it.

This actually did make me laugh out loud :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
12-11-2013, 07:54 AM
What a night that was. Though we had blown it when they had chance to win it.
I think it was Channel 4 who showed it. Set the tape up to record it, think the programme overran and they didn't show much of the Hibs celebrations, only remember Scott Brown running in front of us in the South jumping about.
Got home very late and then couldn't sleep. Had to get up at 5am for a flight for a company conference

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Only we could put out Celtic and Rangers then lose to Livi! Still frustrates me! This was a cracking night though!

Hermit Crab
12-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Aye, I don't know anyone that wasn't 'there'!!

Yeah, just like all the 0-3's and 0-1 at ibrox. Everyone I've spoken to was there. Luckily I've still got the tickets to prove it.

I was in the main stand lower that night. Brilliant crowd but I'm sure it was only around 6k that travelled.

Hermit Crab
12-11-2013, 08:22 AM
What a night that was. Though we had blown it when they had chance to win it.
I think it was Channel 4 who showed it. Set the tape up to record it, think the programme overran and they didn't show much of the Hibs celebrations, only remember Scott Brown running in front of us in the South jumping about.
Got home very late and then couldn't sleep. Had to get up at 5am for a flight for a company conference

Channel 5 ;-)

HibbySpurs
12-11-2013, 08:29 AM
Could watch that over & over again....

Remember the weedgie police were getting a bit upset after we won the shoot out and were pushing and shoving us back from the front of the stand....

It was a late one:agree:

Billy Whizz
12-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Channel 5 ;-)

Cheers, was a long time ago

brog
12-11-2013, 10:29 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVnigShdkZ4

Thanks for this John! I posted what seems like months ago now that I became a big fan of TB through his C5 commentaries on our 2 OF games in the League Cup. His analysis was spot on throughout but what really impressed me was his fairness in evaluating the game & his knowledge of Hibs. As an ex Oldco captain he was the only person pointing out Klos' transgressions at the penalties. Mind you if Klos had run up & kicked the ball off the spot Kenny Clark would probably have patted him on the head!
Could watch that all day!

Jonnyboy
12-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Thanks for this John! I posted what seems like months ago now that I became a big fan of TB through his C5 commentaries on our 2 OF games in the League Cup. His analysis was spot on throughout but what really impressed me was his fairness in evaluating the game & his knowledge of Hibs. As an ex Oldco captain he was the only person pointing out Klos' transgressions at the penalties. Mind you if Klos had run up & kicked the ball off the spot Kenny Clark would probably have patted him on the head!
Could watch that all day!

Ironically, the lino just stood there like a statue! I'd have thought it was his job to ensure the keeper didn't come off his line. Mind you, Kenny Clark probably had him well telt :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
12-11-2013, 07:52 PM
I've read that this was Rangers only domestic penalty shoot out defeat.

Did we not beat them on penalties at easter road in the eighties???

kaimendhibs
12-11-2013, 08:08 PM
That was a brilliant nite, one of the best. Dobbies goal was a belter and shoot out fantastic. Loved being a part of the 7,000

Sent from my iphone

kaimendhibs
12-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Yeah, just like all the 0-3's and 0-1 at ibrox. Everyone I've spoken to was there. Luckily I've still got the tickets to prove it.

I was in the main stand lower that night. Brilliant crowd but I'm sure it was only around 6k that travelled.

I've prob got mine too ha. Was with big Stuart. Was this the nite Ralph callachan and Jackie Mac got lifted for complaining about how far away the buses were parked?

Sent from my iphone

The Voice Of Reason
12-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Thanks for posting this Jb - I remember it like it was yesterday !

8 of us through on the train (having partaken in a few bevvies straight after work of course!)

A brilliant Hibs support, only about 8000 of us.....we all went ballistic (and I mean BALLISTIC!) when De Boer hit the post ! :greengrin

Went out in Edinburgh when we got back and was mighty hungover at work the next day :greengrin

What a great night, one of my favourite ever Hibs games

HIBS TILL WE DIE

:flag: