PDA

View Full Version : Question Framing............

Sudds_1
11-11-2013, 01:40 PM
I've got a signed 78 Scotland strip signed by Kenny Dalgleish that I would like framed as a wee birthday prezzy for the son in law.

Not the greatest at DIY............Easy to do myself? or better to get it done by a pro..........if so, any recommendations?

Magnifique
11-11-2013, 01:45 PM
I've got a signed 78 Scotland strip signed by Kenny Dalgleish that I would like framed as a wee birthday prezzy for the son in law.

Not the greatest at DIY............Easy to do myself? or better to get it done by a pro..........if so, any recommendations?

Used to be the guy just off Leith walk next to Vittorias but im sure he is no longer there.

Guy at Extra Time at the Gyle does it too I believe have bought a couple of framed signed prints off him they are all very good.

Sudds_1
11-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Used to be the guy just off Leith walk next to Vittorias but im sure he is no longer there.

Guy at Extra Time at the Gyle does it too I believe have bought a couple of framed signed prints off him they are all very good.

cheers for that .............just across the road from me. I'll pop across tomorrow! :greengrin

Aldo
11-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Tommy Wright I think the guys name was. Used to do the historic stuff for Hibs.

I met Eddie Turnbull in his shops years ago.

andrew70
11-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Any idea on the cost of getting a strip framed? I have a couple I'd like to get framed!

derekHFC
11-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Any idea on the cost of getting a strip framed? I have a couple I'd like to get framed!

Used to be about £60 IIRC

cocopops1875
11-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Price should be somewhere between £60 and £100 depending on the quality of the work and how you want the shirt to sit/size of frame to accommodate that. Also your shirt should be sewn in not pinned or taped in as this can ruin the shirt

andrew70
11-11-2013, 02:33 PM
Used to be about £60 IIRC

Price should be somewhere between £60 and £100 depending on the quality of the work and how you want the shirt to sit/size of frame to accommodate that. Also your shirt should be sewn in not pinned or taped in as this can ruin the shirt

Thanks for this, will just have to wait until after Christmas then :greengrin

s.a.m
11-11-2013, 02:38 PM

Tommy Wright I think the guys name was. Used to do the historic stuff for Hibs.

I met Eddie Turnbull in his shops years ago.

Tom's retired from his framing business, and the shop's closed now.

Scouse Hibee
11-11-2013, 03:09 PM
cheers for that .............just across the road from me. I'll pop across tomorrow! :greengrin

Extra time at the Gyle is not cheap but they do a great job, I hope the autograph is spelt Dalglish and not as in your OP :wink:

Purple & Green
11-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Newtongrange Picture Framers is worth a phone to see what price - he's done one for me in the past.