PDA

View Full Version : League Table - concern?

The Sea-gull
11-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Bit of a gap between top 6 and bottom 6 now. The teams I thought would be in the top 6 at the start of the season currently occupy those berths. I thought Celtic, Motherwell, Aberdeen and ICT were certs with us battling for with St Johnstone and Dundee Utd for the remaining places.

Plenty of time for us to get back in the mix but gaps starting to form in the league table are not good.

Whats more, on closer inspection, St Mirren and Ross Co could go above us if they win their games in hand. Can’t both do it as they play each other but one of them could get that bit closer to us.

Butcher (or whoever gets the job) has to come in and prioritise arresting the slide or we could end up being sucked in at the bottom. Even with the Yams situation, there is still a playoff spot we could do with avoiding.

Andy74
11-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Agree.

KeithTheHibby
11-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Very worrying regarding the play-off position. We have not looked like scoring goals all season and our pathetic total of 9 goals backs this up.

We don't create enough and generally when a team score against us it is generally enough to win the game.

I am hoping the effect Butcher has will improve and look forward to seeing Cairney and Harris return giving us more attacking options.

hihohibby
11-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Butcher (or whoever gets the job) has to come in and prioritise arresting the slide or we could end up being sucked in at the bottom. Even with the Yams situation, there is still a playoff spot we could do with avoiding.

I agree 100%. The sheer lack of goals, unless arrested, will inevitably see Hibs in a relegation battle with Hearts. I never for a second considered Hearts 15 point deduction insurmountable.

yeezus.
11-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Bit of a gap between top 6 and bottom 6 now. The teams I thought would be in the top 6 at the start of the season currently occupy those berths. I thought Celtic, Motherwell, Aberdeen and ICT were certs with us battling for with St Johnstone and Dundee Utd for the remaining places.

Plenty of time for us to get back in the mix but gaps starting to form in the league table are not good.

Whats more, on closer inspection, St Mirren and Ross Co could go above us if they win their games in hand. Can’t both do it as they play each other but one of them could get that bit closer to us.

I had similar views before the start of the season although I expected Aberdeen to be comfortable in second place. Just hope we get a good manager and boost to go with it.

Fergus52
11-11-2013, 02:53 PM
I agree 100%. The sheer lack of goals, unless arrested, will inevitably see Hibs in a relegation battle with Hearts. I never for a second considered Hearts 15 point deduction insurmountable.

No chance

Jack
11-11-2013, 02:55 PM
The Cann league tables shows the gaps and groups quite well

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/Users/iane/cannyclubs.php?league=competition-118996176

jacomo
11-11-2013, 03:01 PM
The Cann league tables shows the gaps and groups quite well

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/Users/iane/cannyclubs.php?league=competition-118996176

Thanks for the link, never seen that before.

Our problem at the moment is that we're not scoring goals, but we have goal scorers in the team. I think we can get out of this slump with a couple of positive results. With goals will come confidence.

SaulGoodman
11-11-2013, 03:06 PM

No danger.

Hibercelona
11-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Not a relegation battle with Hearts. But still a play off relegation battle, which we could very much do with avoiding.

Ozyhibby
11-11-2013, 04:16 PM
The fact that we have just sacked a manager shows that our league position being a concern has not been lost on anyone.

B.H.F.C
11-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Really hope we get a bit of a bounce when the new manager comes in. It never happened with Calderwood or Fenlon and was basically a sign of things to come.

On paper it has potential to be a very good start. StMirren, Ross County and Partick. Get this deal bloody sorted so it gives him time to get some proper work done over the next week and a bit.

HFC 0-7
11-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Not a relegation battle with Hearts. But still a play off relegation battle, which we could very much do with avoiding.

i think a lot of people forget the play off thing, Hibs playing the way they are just now and I wouldnt fancy them against most of the championship sides. If butcher comes in we will pull clear easily in the end in my opinion. The team needs to be better organised which I think will happen if we get butcher.

jacomo
11-11-2013, 04:49 PM
i think a lot of people forget the play off thing, Hibs playing the way they are just now and I wouldnt fancy them against most of the championship sides. If butcher comes in we will pull clear easily in the end in my opinion. The team needs to be better organised which I think will happen if we get butcher.

Given how fragile confidence is right now, a play off would be a concern. But I really don't think we'll be anywhere near that situation if Butcher comes in and is allowed to work. Pride and hard work (apparently, both qualities that Butcher has instilled in his ICT side) will go a long way.

I do believe that our current squad has enough in it to get into the top six as a minimum, the new manager just needs to find the right team and get them to play properly. As for goals, Collins, Heffernan and Vine have all done it before, Robertson and Craig bring a goal threat from midfield.

HFC 0-7
11-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Given how fragile confidence is right now, a play off would be a concern. But I really don't think we'll be anywhere near that situation if Butcher comes in and is allowed to work. Pride and hard work (apparently, both qualities that Butcher has instilled in his ICT side) will go a long way.

I do believe that our current squad has enough in it to get into the top six as a minimum, the new manager just needs to find the right team and get them to play properly. As for goals, Collins, Heffernan and Vine have all done it before, Robertson and Craig bring a goal threat from midfield.

If Butcher comes in, I could see players we would expect to be in the starting line up being benched in favour of a young player who wants to prove himself rather than someone that things they have already proved themself!

Eternal Hibbie
11-11-2013, 04:59 PM
No concern whatsoever.

Already seen enough this season to know it's just not an issue even without our new management team.

One confident Hibbie. :)