PDA

View Full Version : I miss Jorge Claros

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-11-2013, 10:43 PM
This might come across as really random to some folk and may get critisied but... I really miss him. Wish we still had him but we have too many centre mids. He's a lot better than Thomson, Taiwo and Jones for sure (IMO of course):agree:... Will he ever come back? We need him back in my opinion. We seem to be getting overran in midfield and that didn't happen as much when he was here! Thoughts?

spurshibby
10-11-2013, 10:48 PM
where is claros anyway????

Billychaotic182
10-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Ditto was a very clever player. Took a while to get going which is why I won't judge jones yet. But when he did he was a class act

Centre Hawf
10-11-2013, 10:50 PM
I pray that we can bring him back when he contract ends in January. I would take him over every other CM in our squad.

spurshibby
10-11-2013, 10:50 PM
where is claros? is he playing for anyone?? miss him big time

Centre Hawf
10-11-2013, 10:57 PM
He was Fenlon's signing though. Butcher will probably have his own ideas. :boo hoo:

Butcher out Fenlon in? :dunno:

IberianHibernian
10-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Agree entirely . Most here thought LG was our best player last season but a significant minority thought Claros was . A lot`s been said about manager being backed etc but fact is how do you replace likes of Claros and LG from Scottish or lower league English clubs ? Answer , you can`t . This time a year ago we were almost top of the league with Doyle on 8 goals and Claros outstanding ie it was not LG carrying the team . Excellent player who seemed to be happy at Hibs and had a touch of class about him - not just pace or commitment but skill and class . Signing him permanently would have been complicated I suppose and Robertson and Craig seem like very good signings by Scottish standards but Claros is definitely missed and I suspect we are not going to see similar players at ER for a while .

Kato
10-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Agree entirely . Most here thought LG was our best player last season but a significant minority thought Claros was . A lot`s been said about manager being backed etc but fact is how do you replace likes of Claros and LG from Scottish or lower league English clubs ? Answer , you can`t . This time a year ago we were almost top of the league with Doyle on 8 goals and Claros outstanding ie it was not LG carrying the team . Excellent player who seemed to be happy at Hibs and had a touch of class about him - not just pace or commitment but skill and class . Signing him permanently would have been complicated I suppose and Robertson and Craig seem like very good signings by Scottish standards but Claros is definitely missed and I suspect we are not going to see similar players at ER for a while .

:top marks A balanced post. Pretty rare at the moment.

scott7_0(Prague)
10-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Google is you friend ;-)

TRC
10-11-2013, 11:26 PM
could be in Brazil next year

Holmesdale Hibs
10-11-2013, 11:31 PM
Claros was alright but we already have enough defensive midfielders in the squad and the money would be better spent on a winger. I can't remember him being any better than Thompson or Taiwo last season and I think OTJ might turn out to be a player if/when Butcher takes over.

Godsahibby
10-11-2013, 11:38 PM
I loved Claros and would have him in that team in a heartbeat but I dont think he would make any difference. We do have some decent cm's the now, the problem is no one to give the ball to, non existent out wide and forwards hiding!

Xavi and Inesta would struggle with what they had round about them!

IberianHibernian
10-11-2013, 11:41 PM
He wasn`t a defensive midfielder . He gave some great passes that Collins and Hef might appreciate . Higher crowds ( and promotion of club in general ) were boosted when McLeish and Mowbray signed players from outside Scotland and England . TB`s success ( at ICT last season ) seems to have been based on getting a lot out of players from lower leagues in England - maybe we should look further afield ( manager and players ) .

7Hero
11-11-2013, 12:00 AM
i miss Russell Latapy, and Frank Sauzee....

jacomo
11-11-2013, 12:05 AM
I miss him too. His signing should have been a top priority in the summer. Instead we signed OTJ, who is barely playing.

Bound to get more time under Butcher, then we'll see what he can do. But the wee Honduran is a big miss.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-11-2013, 12:05 AM
I miss the wee man loads :-(

davhibby
11-11-2013, 12:15 AM
I'm sure Fenlon had said that we'd pretty much agreed a deal in the summer but his club changed the goalposts and that was it. He seemed to really enjoy it here and hopefully he'll be back, but sadly I don't see it happening

Bristolhibby
11-11-2013, 12:23 AM
I miss Eduardo Hurtado.

:-(

PeeJay
11-11-2013, 05:06 AM
This might come across as really random to some folk and may get critisied but... I really miss him. Wish we still had him but we have too many centre mids. He's a lot better than Thomson, Taiwo and Jones for sure (IMO of course):agree:... Will he ever come back? We need him back in my opinion. We seem to be getting overran in midfield and that didn't happen as much when he was here! Thoughts?

Claros was overrated IMO - he never impressed me too much at all, seems lots of Hibs fans thought he was really good though ... don't miss him myself, we wouldn't be anywhere else if he was here, whereas if Griffiths was stilll here ...

3pm
11-11-2013, 07:48 AM
I miss goals.

SaulGoodman
11-11-2013, 07:53 AM
I miss Doyle.

Scooter
11-11-2013, 08:17 AM
He's out of contract in the summer. And with Thomson and taiwo out of contact I would like to see claros back but I will be upto the new manager

Ritchie
11-11-2013, 08:30 AM
I miss Doyle.

this.

still don't understand why we sold him.

would have him in my team over Collin & Vine everytime!

ballengeich
11-11-2013, 08:36 AM
this.

still don't understand why we sold him.

would have him in my team over Collin & Vine everytime!

I don't think we sold him. I believe he was offered a new contract, but turned it down. Whether it was because of the money or because he wasn't getting a regular game for us I don't know. Anyway, I agree that he was better than Collins and Vine as he was a finisher. His goals dried up mid-season because the service to him deteriorated rather than through any fault of his own.

hibee_girl
11-11-2013, 09:35 AM
I miss Doyle.

Absolutely. Said all along we'd miss him once he was gone.

Bostonhibby
11-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Good player with potential, I would have kept him. He wanted to go to work with his old manager at Chesterfield so not much Hibs could do.

Don't half miss Claros though.

Ritchie
11-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Good player with potential, I would have kept him. He wanted to go to work with his old manager at Chesterfield so not much Hibs could do.

Don't half miss Claros though.

I don't think we sold him. I believe he was offered a new contract, but turned it down. Whether it was because of the money or because he wasn't getting a regular game for us I don't know. Anyway, I agree that he was better than Collins and Vine as he was a finisher. His goals dried up mid-season because the service to him deteriorated rather than through any fault of his own.

i see.

never knew that.

GreenCastle
11-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Quality player :agree:

You don't play for Honduras 43 times if your crap.

Took a while to settle into a different culture but he's one of the best DM we have had. The only thing I used to wish he would do more was shoot.

Would happily welcome him back - he got the ball - used it and if put alongside a real creative player we would have been better last season.

Claros / Doyle / Wotherspoon and LG would easily have them back now :agree:

SunshineOnLeith
11-11-2013, 11:12 AM
I miss Sol Bamba

:-(

SaulGoodman
11-11-2013, 11:20 AM
I miss Leigh Griffiths.

NorthNorfolkHFC
11-11-2013, 12:10 PM
I miss seeing pace in a football team

pacorosssco
11-11-2013, 12:25 PM
craig and claros in the middle, harris zoubir either side. lg up front. home games heffernan joins lg away games another midfielder

life could have been so different. was always unlikely to happen

Big Sexy Dave
11-11-2013, 06:10 PM
I miss being able to see my cock.

Bostonhibby
11-11-2013, 06:29 PM
I miss being able to see my cock.

Did it play for Hibs Dave? :-) what position?

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-11-2013, 06:36 PM
I think he was too attack minded for Fenlon.

HibbyAndy
11-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Claros eh..Miss him loads.

neil7908
11-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Great post. With Claros gone, Harris injured and Griffiths away as well we have been without last season's 3 most effective outfield players.

No wonder were struggling for goals...

Big Sexy Dave
11-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Did it play for Hibs Dave? :-) what position?Right back in the shower. I miss summer holidays.

Bostonhibby
11-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Right back in the shower. I miss summer holidays.

:faf:

Jonnyboy
11-11-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm sure Fenlon had said that we'd pretty much agreed a deal in the summer but his club changed the goalposts and that was it. He seemed to really enjoy it here and hopefully he'll be back, but sadly I don't see it happening

Must be those goalposts Hibs have been aiming for in the last four games! Someone please put them back where they belong :wink:

As to the argument that we already have a gang of defensive midfielders I suggest we jettison a few and bring Jorge in instead

Jonnyboy
11-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Did it play for Hibs Dave? :-) what position?

In the hole?