PDA

View Full Version : Hibs retro Toffs shirt for £1

Long suffering
10-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Hello first post in a right good while but I thought I'd alert everyone to this free retro shirt u can get.... catch is u have to sign up to the Sun, but you can cancel after 8 days with the first month free anyway. follow the link from pie and bovril. Only on offer today and you get a confirmation email within 48 hours that you have to follow up with a call, specifying your shirt preference. cheers
http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/207453-freeish-topps-retro-shirt/

Long suffering
10-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Should say the shirt might be the one in the photo with '1972 Scottish Cup Final' written on it, not ideal given the result...

hibeelin
23-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Did anybody else sign up for this? I did but still havent received my shirt. :confused:

SteveHFC
23-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Did anybody else sign up for this? I did but still havent received my shirt. :confused:

I signed up for this too. You don't receive the shirt until the start of February :aok::cb

Mon Dieu4
23-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Im sure Toffs make them to order so can take a fair while

hibeelin
24-12-2013, 07:12 AM
Thanks guys, was wondering if this was a scam

--------
24-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Should say the shirt might be the one in the photo with '1972 Scottish Cup Final' written on it, not ideal given the result...

I saw those on the TOFFS site a while back. I wondered how many of them would get sold. :rolleyes:

On the other hand - what better way to assert your "grizzled and embittered veteran suffered-but-still-faithful" status among the bairnies who've never heard of Joe Baker?

I think I'll get one.

After all, I WAS there. I suffered.

And I'm still here, moaning and grumbling and girning, but I'm STILL HERE.

And I'm not going anywhere else soon. :devil:

Northernhibee
24-12-2013, 12:17 PM

I wouldn't buy the ****ing Sun if you paid me.

Nailsea Hibby
14-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Anybody got their free shirt (or for a £1) from that Sun deal yet?

SteveHFC
14-01-2014, 07:59 PM
I've not got mines yet mate :aok:

Kojock
28-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Got my shirt this morning. Looks ok especially for nowt.

Hibbibri
28-01-2014, 12:22 PM
My shirt landed on the door mat this morning as well. Pity it's the '72 Scottish cup final one and not the '72 League cup final one, that Toffs don't do for some reason.

Anyone else think Toffs have made a boo boo regarding the two finals that season and that they've opted for the wrong one, for us Hibees that is?

Still I've now got a retro Hibees top all for a pound !!!! :aok:

BTW the quality of the top is spot on !

Leithenhibby
28-01-2014, 12:26 PM

This........... f£cking rag..

Dumfrieshibs
28-01-2014, 12:27 PM
I got a Toffs replica of 1902 shirt for Xmas (not thru Sun deal) and the quality is very good....

hhibs
28-01-2014, 12:37 PM
I saw those on the TOFFS site a while back. I wondered how many of them would get sold. :rolleyes:

On the other hand - what better way to assert your "grizzled and embittered veteran suffered-but-still-faithful" status among the bairnies who've never heard of Joe Baker?

I think I'll get one.

After all, I WAS there. I suffered.

And I'm still here, moaning and grumbling and girning, but I'm STILL HERE.

And I'm not going anywhere else soon. :devil:

Also still Living in hope.

Hibbibri
28-01-2014, 02:48 PM

You didn't have to buy the sun though, in fact you didn't even have to read it.

I just followed the link in the opening post signed up, paid my pound, ordered my top, left it for a week then got onto their live chat and cancelled...simples :greengrin

So for my single pound payment to the sun I got in return a £35 retro top, hitting the sun were it hurts....in the pocket :wink:

NOLA
28-01-2014, 02:53 PM
my toffs top just has hfc stiched on the left breast, long sleeves, good quality, still going strong 5 years on :aok:

PerfectlyFranck
28-01-2014, 04:41 PM
I'm happy enough with the top for £1, even though I was hoping they would accidentally send the one without '1972 SCOTTISH CUP FINAL' embroidery.
People down here won't pick up on this, that includes the large Tyneside 'Irish' contingent that frequently go to watch Celtic [in the pub].

I might even do a cheeky swap, as they didn't ask questions the last time I politely asked them to change the shirt (when they did get it wrong).
They should take my input on board as the Hibs shirts they sell will barely shift. Better research could bring in much better business for a great company.
For example, they sell the wrongly embroidered 1972 shirt as well as the shirts just before and just after the Famous Five period.

The George Best shirt & Bukta shirt had hardly shifted since they released them, with the 1902 shirt being the only significant seller behind the 1972 plain Home shirt.
They add very bad patches to certain shirts based on poor research, which also wrecks some of the ones on the website.

If anyone is after a replica shirt for their club, there really isn't anyone else you can (or should) go to; the quality of the shirts is fantastic.
Most of the shirts they have created, aren't even on their website. If they don't have the shirt you're looking for, they will make it for you to your specification, often using the same manufacturing process as the original shirt. The warehouse is a treasure trove of nostalgia.

Nailsea Hibby
28-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Got mine in the post today:aok:

Nailsea Hibby
28-01-2014, 05:10 PM
Just to let you know mine came in the post today :aok:

SteveHFC
28-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Just to let you know mine came in the post today :aok:

Mines didn't :(

SkintHibby
28-01-2014, 07:26 PM