PDA

View Full Version : Ben Williams

stokesmessiah
10-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Sorry if been posted already but i just noticed this article with reaction from Ben to yesterdays loss, pretty harsh words but nothing that everyone else is not saying. Good on Ben.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/ben-williams-unimpressed-by-hibs-loss-to-inverness-1-3183018

R'Albin
10-11-2013, 08:33 PM
So refreshing seeing an interview from a footballer that is actually interesting. The interview pretty much echoes what the majority of us have been saying about the game - it's beautifully honest compared to the normal generic **** we usually hear from our players.

IMO, Ben is the only real 'leader' that we have in our side at the moment.

GreenCastle
10-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Sign him up on an extension - he's not perfect but he's solid and it's rare we say he's at fault for any goals - compare that to previous Hibs keepers.

Can he not sign a pre-contract elsewhere come January ??

TheFamous1875
10-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Maybe the Butcher factor may play a part in keeping (pun) Ben? He'll be old enough to hold Butcher as a hero like many an Englishman, no doubt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hibeemikey21
10-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Sign him up on an extension - he's not perfect but he's solid and it's rare we say he's at fault for any goals - compare that to previous Hibs keepers.

Can he not sign a pre-contract elsewhere come January ??

I know it was probably a throwaway comment, but his point about "we are all playing for our futures" suggests to me that he is playing for an extension and not resting on his laurels that a bigger move is on the horizon

GreenCastle
10-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Maybe the Butcher factor may play a part in keeping (pun) Ben? He'll be old enough to hold Butcher as a hero like many an Englishman, no doubt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A good point :agree:

Sammy7nil
11-11-2013, 08:58 AM
So refreshing seeing an interview from a footballer that is actually interesting. The interview pretty much echoes what the majority of us have been saying about the game - it's beautifully honest compared to the normal generic **** we usually hear from our players.

IMO, Ben is the only real 'leader' that we have in our side at the moment.

He said: “In all honesty, I think a few of the boys were playing with that in mind instead of going out and expressing themselves and doing what they are good at doing.

The bit in bold is a worry because they did exactly what they are good at, hiding, playing poorly, creating little and getting beat at home again !