PDA

View Full Version : If Butcher knocks us back....

sleeping giant
10-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Where do we go from there ?
Everyman and his dug know we were after him.
Who would be happy being second choice ?

bingo70
10-11-2013, 04:25 PM
I personally wouldn't be bothered in the slightest as I don't think he's the right man for the job anyway (I'll still give him plenty support and will renew my st next season regardless)

I don't think it'll make any difference to the next person we approach, if we offer them terms they're happy with they'll accept them.

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2013, 04:28 PM
He's accepted the job so he wont knock us back now.

California-Hibs
10-11-2013, 04:34 PM
He's accepted the job so he wont knock us back now.

If he's accepted the job then why haven't Hibs today put a statement up on the Official site saying that they're delighted to announce...blah blah blah, ?

Heisenberg
10-11-2013, 04:36 PM
If he's accepted the job then why haven't Hibs today put a statement up on the Official site saying that they're delighted to announce...blah blah blah, ?

Because we still need to agree a compensation package for him and also possible deals for his staff?

greenlex
10-11-2013, 04:38 PM

Comoensation being agreed over the weekend. If it isn't then Butcher resigns and we reveal him and pay whatever is decided by a third party. Either way he is the new manager. He will be revealed at the end if the compensations rices one way or another as Blondie would sing.

Gustavo Fring
10-11-2013, 04:40 PM
if theyre talking about compensation then butchers already agreed to join . he's probably burned his bridges with caley and is gonna look a t*t if he turns round after all this and says he doesnt want it

California-Hibs
10-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Comoensation being agreed over the weekend. If it isn't then Butcher resigns and we reveal him and pay whatever is decided by a third party. Either way he is the new manager. He will be revealed at the end if the compensations rices one way or another as Blondie would sing.

And who says that he would choose to do this?! If compensation cannot be agreed between the two clubs, he will still be contracted as the Inverness manager and may very well decide to continue with them. People need to realise this. This deal is NOT certain that he will become hibs new manager.

California-Hibs
10-11-2013, 04:44 PM
if theyre talking about compensation then butchers already agreed to join . he's probably burned his bridges with caley and is gonna look a t*t if he turns round after all this and says he doesnt want it

This is true, but if Cally are desperate enough to keep him to continue to enjoy their success, I'm more than sure that a few handshakes and appologies will take place and all will be back to normal. Praying this isn't the case and he joins us, but will in no way be shocked if he doesn't.

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2013, 04:47 PM
And who says that he would choose to do this?! If compensation cannot be agreed between the two clubs, he will still be contracted as the Inverness manager and may very well decide to continue with them. People need to realise this. This deal is NOT certain that he will become hibs new manager.

Yes it is, he's the new manager no doubt.

greenlex
10-11-2013, 04:48 PM

He has agreed terms with Hibs. He wants to come. Why wouldn't he? He would have been in the away dug out yesterday and not the stand.

Hermit Crab
10-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Petries finished if he doesn't join given all the publicity.

greenlex
10-11-2013, 05:12 PM

I know what you mean but cant see how. Only thing they have done is ask ICT for permission to speak to him. It may have been better if he wasn't in the stand yesterday right enough. lol

cleanyman
10-11-2013, 05:15 PM
We shall see............

Sudds_1
10-11-2013, 05:16 PM

not all bad then eh? :devil:

Hibercelona
10-11-2013, 05:17 PM
He will be announced tomorrow as our new manager.

Hermit Crab
10-11-2013, 05:37 PM
not all bad then eh? :devil:

Every cloud and all that.

Hermit Crab
10-11-2013, 05:38 PM
I know what you mean but cant see how. Only thing they have done is ask ICT for permission to speak to him. It may have been better if he wasn't in the stand yesterday right enough. lol

It is unusual for hibs to go public about potential targets. Usually kept under wraps.

SunshineOnLeith
10-11-2013, 05:41 PM
Has it occurred to anyone that there's been no announcement today because it's Sunday, and nobody's in the office?

Keith_M
10-11-2013, 05:43 PM
If he doesn't sign then we'll go on to the usual non-entity we've had for the last few years.

I think Butcher is the man to give the whole club the kick up the *rse it needs and I for one am desperate to see him paraded as Hibs manager.

I want to see a Hibs team with a bit of steel in it, that never knows when to give up and has an idea where the opposition goal is. Butcher is the kind of manager that can deliver that.

jabis
10-11-2013, 05:49 PM

Rod=God........................................... ...your point caller :flag:

Hermit Crab
10-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Rod=God........................................... ...your point caller :flag:

Get him tae **** also. God or not.

HoboHarry
10-11-2013, 05:57 PM
No he isn't - it's TB's decision to come or not...

mcfly
10-11-2013, 06:18 PM

The deal is done....fact so stop putting your ill informed doubts into people's minds.

Hermit Crab
10-11-2013, 06:25 PM
:agree: premature speculation, not for the first time on here.

There has also been a large amount of bed wetting over this Butcher appointment. :rolleyes:

jabis
10-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Get him tae **** also. God or not.

I disagree,RP has done more for this club,than the entire sum of you and I combined !

greenlex
10-11-2013, 08:10 PM
It is unusual for hibs to go public about potential targets. Usually kept under wraps.
I think their hand was forced when ICT commented on the speculation.

E10 Rifle
10-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Going back to the original question I could see a short term appointment until the end of the season using an available manager and then back in for TB. I reckon him not being in the dugout though means he's coming.

macca70
10-11-2013, 08:33 PM

If Comp cannot be agreed by the teams it goes to a tribunal and a 3rd party decides how much we must pay ICT.

joe breezy
10-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Pointless thread, stupid question

sleeping giant
10-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Pointless thread, stupid question

Steady on. Hows it a pointless thread. We've all seen deals fall through. He might get an offer from a bigger club and wtf is stupid about asking what we would do in the intertin.
Bit of a Dick eh ?

IberianHibernian
10-11-2013, 09:37 PM
In recent years we seem to have been quite good at not announcing new players or managers until they were definite signings - a good tactic for several reasons . On this occasion things don`t seem to have been handled well so if Butcher etc don`t come press ( and some here ! ) will have a field day . If his signing is confirmed there`ll be a high chance that we`ll be paying him more than we needed to , likewise compensation to ICT . We`re not talking of a manager with a great track record here , far from it . Surprised there aren`t more questions being asked about why more managers weren`t considered ( maybe more were interviewed informally or sounded out or Butcher was contacted a while ago - in summer ? ) .

hibees 7062
10-11-2013, 09:56 PM
I disagree,RP has done more for this club,than the entire sum of you and I combined !

:top marks

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Thought the thread said 'Butcher knocks us back...' there for a second...

Anyway more to the point... Will Malpas be coming aswell?

IberianHibernian
10-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Is thread title not misleading ? I assume TB has not knocked Hibs back if he felt he couldn`t manage ICT on Saturday ( I`m sure there have been similar cases of managers managing old club`s opponents a couple of days after moving ) he`d decided he`d take money and move . If he made that decisión without ICT`s permission that`s a reflection on TB ( and Petrie for offering a job to a manager under contract ) .

California-Hibs
11-11-2013, 09:43 AM
The deal is done....fact so stop putting your ill informed doubts into people's minds.

If the deal was done it would be announced by now and Butcher would have been pictured holding a Hibs scarf above his head. This is not done yet. Close maybe, but it has not been concluded yet!

S.sct
11-11-2013, 11:19 AM
This

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

S.sct
11-11-2013, 11:19 AM
I personally wouldn't be bothered in the slightest as I don't think he's the right man for the job anyway (I'll still give him plenty support and will renew my st next season regardless)

I don't think it'll make any difference to the next person we approach, if we offer them terms they're happy with they'll accept them.

This

This

HibbySpurs
11-11-2013, 11:58 AM
If Butcher was to knock us back now I'd be surprised if he had a job to go back to with ICT to be honest....