PDA

View Full Version : Taiwo

Liams
10-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Sorry if this was posted else where but why does he never take a shot, he always gets him self into these great posistions or runs forward but then always lays off, surely he would be greedy and just ping it once in a while

Bronson
10-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Questioned this myself many a time, was the same with claros last season

greenlex
10-11-2013, 04:32 PM
He's not alone in a shot shy team

Hermit Crab
10-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Sorry if this was posted else where but why does he never take a shot, he always gets him self into these great posistions or runs forward but then always lays off, surely he would be greedy and just ping it once in a while

The whole team are shot shy. It's like Fenlon told them not to shoot unless they are in the box.

duffers
10-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Quite happy for Maybury to be more shot shy in the future.... His effort yesterday, YOWZER!!

hibsbollah
10-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Taiwo has regressed after being a decent performer last season. Claros :boo hoo:

Hibby_CR14
10-11-2013, 04:51 PM
He never passing the ball forward, always back or to the side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Pretty Boy
10-11-2013, 04:59 PM
A shadow of the player he showed he could be last season.

Hibercelona
10-11-2013, 05:00 PM
When one of our midfield players has the ball, they can't get it forward to anyone, because every other player is standing still ball watching.

The player on the ball is always the player that gets critisised in the heat of the moment for not doing something useful with it. But you have to look back on that situation and take every other player into consideration and ask yourself what they're doing to create any options for the player who does have the ball at their feet.

hibsbollah
10-11-2013, 05:14 PM
When one of our midfield players has the ball, they can't get it forward to anyone, because every other player is standing still ball watching.

The player on the ball is always the player that gets critisised in the heat of the moment for not doing something useful with it. But you have to look back on that situation and take every other player into consideration and ask yourself what they're doing to create any options for the player who does have the ball at their feet.

Thats a good point :agree:

jodjam
10-11-2013, 06:22 PM

Correct. The lack of movement is frightening at times. In first half KT was moaning to the bench about Collins movement. Seconds later the two players were having a go at each other.

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Correct. The lack of movement is frightening at times. In first half KT was moaning to the bench about Collins movement. Seconds later the two players were having a go at each other.

I find this strange, as i have been told that Fenlon had rid the club of this type of thing, and we were just one big happy family these days?

Albeit a bored sheitless one.

theonlywayisup
10-11-2013, 07:26 PM

:agree: The exception being when Collins runs towards the midfielder shouting for the ball and then returns the ball to the same player. The net result being the midfield has become more crowded. I can understand if Collins ran forward into space, but he rarely does.

The most damming comment on our passing is that often we play 10 passes and end up back in the exact same place.

Re Taiwo, he seems lost without Claros.

Hibercelona
10-11-2013, 07:39 PM
:agree: The exception being when Collins runs towards the midfielder shouting for the ball and then returns the ball to the same player. The net result being the midfield has become more crowded. I can understand if Collins ran forward into space, but he rarely does.

The most damming comment on our passing is that often we play 10 passes and end up back in the exact same place.

Re Taiwo, he seems lost without Claros.

In my opinion, strikers should be looking to push the defensive line back as much as possible, to create more space in the midfield.

I never really see the benefit of strikers moving back into the midfield area, unless we're trying to win possession back.

Whenever we're in possession of the ball, strikers should be facing towards goal and pushing the line back, not stopping to turn around.

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2013, 07:45 PM
In my opinion, strikers should be looking to push the defensive line back as much as possible, to create more space in the midfield.

I never really see the benefit of strikers moving back into the midfield area, unless we're trying to win possession back.

Whenever we're in possession of the ball, strikers should be facing towards goal and pushing the line back, not stopping to turn around.

You have just ruled yourself out of the running for most of the top jobs in Europe.

Hibercelona
10-11-2013, 07:50 PM
You have just ruled yourself out of the running for most of the top jobs in Europe.

And I had such high hopes for myself. :boo hoo:

S.sct
10-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Lets give them all another chance under TB. Think some may surprise.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

erskine-hibby
10-11-2013, 10:56 PM
I find this strange, as i have been told that Fenlon had rid the club of this type of thing, and we were just one big happy family these days?

Albeit a bored sheitless one.

Another myth busted.

IberianHibernian
10-11-2013, 11:14 PM
I`ve been impressed by Tiawo since he signed and think he was an excellent signing . He`s been unlucky not to have played more this season since he was great at the end of last season and I think yesterday showed that he needs more match time to recover that form . Seems to have a great attitude too . Lack of shots - I agree and remember thinking the same at his debut - he gets into good positions and has a good shot ( Stevenson and KT for example don`t seem to ) but doesn`t use it . 35 ( ? ) years ago Des Bremner was the same then suddenly scored a doublé at Tynecastle .

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2013, 11:18 PM
He never passing the ball forward, always back or to the side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

For this read also KT and Stevenson. Robbo is our only forward thinking midfielder at present...that HAS to change

matty_f
11-11-2013, 08:31 AM
For this read also KT and Stevenson. Robbo is our only forward thinking midfielder at present...that HAS to change

We don't even have forward thinking forwards.