PDA

View Full Version : Which players failed the Audition?..

Moon unit
09-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Against ICT, The Hibs players had their chance to shine in front of their new boss,well what happened?..

erskine-hibby
09-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Don't know about auditions, but all failed the club, themselves and most of all the fans.

Jonnyboy
09-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Don't know about auditions, but all failed the club, themselves and most of all the fans.

:agree:

Onion
09-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Looks like we have a bunch of hopeless diddies ay the club. Most players would raise their game if their new boss was in the stands, but not at Hibs. Bunch of losers.

What is wrong with the culture at our club ? There is something rancid at ER which still hangs around even after Fenlon had departed.

Jones28
10-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Easier to answer would be who passed, on today's evidence Robertson and Williams the only 2.

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2013, 01:36 AM
Easier to answer would be who passed, on today's evidence Robertson and Williams the only 2.

Agree 100% mate and thought Cummings looked lively when he came on. The rest can do one as far as im concerned...gutless underachievers

One Day
10-11-2013, 06:53 AM

I would agree with that. to many not interested and/or scared

Bostonhibby
10-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Butcher and everyone else at Inverness has known how to beat us for ages so today will only have served to reinforce a lot of what they already knew. He might have to shuffle the same pack a few times before January but the opportunity for proving themselves is now quite short, who passed yesterday? Robertson and Williams with Maybury the best of the rest?

ballengeich
10-11-2013, 08:25 AM
I thought that the defence were ok apart from McGivern who is hopelessly off-form at present. We lost the game further forward.

weonlywon6-2
10-11-2013, 08:29 AM
Another rebuild then ???

Winston Ingram
10-11-2013, 08:34 AM

Probably add Lewis & Foster to that

hibsbollah
10-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Its not a one game audition. Butcher will be looking at the players over a period of weeks if not months. He wont be the slightest bit interested if everyone on .net hates Vine, or thinks Lewis is 'only a squad player' or McPake is 'finished'. It'll be a clean slate for everyone.

Unfortunately, none of the players seemed to want to impress yesterday. No captains out there.

hibby rae
10-11-2013, 08:41 AM
Against ICT, The Hibs players had their chance to shine in front of their new boss,well what happened?..

Perhaps, in the long run, it'll be a good thing he saw us like that yesterday so he'll go in with a list of things to address early eg. why are Caley so much fitter than us?

Nevi_SOL
10-11-2013, 12:52 PM

Thought Lewis was one of our best players in midfielder. But got told he was decent at well as well

Jones28
10-11-2013, 12:55 PM

Agreed

DH1875
10-11-2013, 03:20 PM
I thought that the defence were ok apart from McGivern who is hopelessly off-form at present. We lost the game further forward.

At present :confused:. He's been hopeless since the end of last season :timebomb:

Vini1875
10-11-2013, 03:29 PM
For me Williams, Forster, Robertson and Stevenson are worth keeping based on yesterday. There are others who will improve under a new manager and regime. There are few who are as mentally well equiped and Lewis. No matter the position or role he is asked to play he does it and tries to the end. He may not possess all the skill in the world but purely on effort and attitude he is head and shoulders above the rest. If others gave that sort of application coupled with the skills they possess we woill be fine, the big question is do they have the mentally to strive for better.

Steven_Hibs
10-11-2013, 03:31 PM
At present :confused:. He's been hopeless since the end of last season :timebomb:

Ever since he got a 2 year deal. He's quite content to pick up his wages. Like most of the impostors

I also think without Thomson we'd be completely knackered. He's the best player we have. Gets the ball and tries to play, looks for a pass, nae body there. Garbage

Hermit Crab
10-11-2013, 03:32 PM

Responsible for the last 3 goals conceded against us. Shocking player. Then again he started out alright, is that a sign that confidence is low and that there's a couldn't give a toss attitude at hibs? The boys need a lift and quick.

Anyone got room in the car?

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2013, 04:25 PM
No need for a rebuild, if Butcher can do a Strachan.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-11-2013, 04:34 PM
Williams, Foster, Stevenson & Robertson.

Hibby K
10-11-2013, 06:05 PM
For me only Williams, Foster and Robertson got pass marks.

The others-
Maybury - just filling in as no-one else available
Hanlon - softest centre back in the SPL!
McGovern - what has happened to him?
Thomson, Taiwo, Stevenson - will any of them ever score?, more content to pass back rather than have a shot at goal
Collins - never a striker
Heffernan - no height and only service given to him is long high balls
Zoubir - one trick pony been found out already
Vine - no trick pony
Cummings - promising but will probably only get this 30 minutes in a Hibs jersey

Expecting Rain
10-11-2013, 06:18 PM
This was no audition, it was a team playing with lots of confidence against a team with none. He has Williams, Hanlon, Thomson, Robertson, Zoubir, Handling, Heffernan, Collins Craig and Harris to work with, it is not all doom and gloom, he might have to start with educating the fans.

heretoday
10-11-2013, 06:33 PM
The whole shower of them.

Hermit Crab
10-11-2013, 06:37 PM
The whole shower of them.

This probably sums it up to be honest. :agree:

mca
10-11-2013, 06:42 PM
It`s Nae Wonder the Team Lack Belief and Confidence.. if Supporters Dont Support Them.. :wink:

Winston Ingram
10-11-2013, 07:16 PM
No need for a rebuild, if Butcher can do a Strachan.

Agreed. I think we have a good squad. Fenlon left us bafflingly understocked of width and with a a couple of wide players we'll be fine:agree:

mcfly
11-11-2013, 07:00 AM
[QUOTE=Hibby K;3803959]For me only Williams, Foster and Robertson got pass marks.

The others-
Thomson, Taiwo, Stevenson - will any of them ever score?, more content to pass back rather than have a shot at goal
Vine - no trick pony
Cummings - promising but will probably only get this 30 minutes in a Hibs jersey[/QUOTE

Spot on - midfield will never score goals as they are all the same type of player - there is no balance to the team.

Vine wearing the no 9 jersey is a disgrace to the greats that had that previously..... Get rid if him.

McGivern drop him till he learns to go forward and not hide.

As for collins. I feel sorry for him he tries so hard but needs help....

rcarter1
11-11-2013, 07:22 AM
[QUOTE=Hibby K;3803959]For me only Williams, Foster and Robertson got pass marks.

The others-
Vine - no trick pony
Cummings - promising but will probably only get this 30 minutes in a Hibs jersey[/QUOTE

Spot on - midfield will never score goals as they are all the same type of player - there is no balance to the team.

Vine wearing the no 9 jersey is a disgrace to the greats that had that previously..... Get rid if him.

McGivern drop him till he learns to go forward and not hide.

As for collins. I feel sorry for him he tries so hard but needs help....

Agree. Has looked irritated and ineffective. His chat on Hibs TV gives the impression of an unsettled chap. His Hibs career is in danger of going sour, but hope to see better from everyone under a new regime. Clean slate for everybody required (including fans!).

Ritchie
11-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Vine has been honking but i thought he did well when he came on on Saturday. sent a few decent crosses into the box, something that was non-existent before he was on the pitch.

For me a new manager is coming in so every player has a clean slate - if he/they are still honking under the new manager then its time to move them on.

gegs70
11-11-2013, 08:13 AM
We seem to lack creativity and some pace. We need to sort out thecore of the team. Nelson seems to be organised at the back....

Central midfield stilll needs to be resolved...

We dont have a striker that is direct enough and has any pace...Heffernan is kind of the best of a bad bunch.

southsider
11-11-2013, 09:14 AM
The very first thing Terry needs to do is get the team fit. We must be the unfittest team in the league. Forget about the comforts of our super-duper training complex and get them running up and down Holyrood Park until we are fit enough to last 90 minutes without breathing out of our as*es after 15 !

Steve-O
11-11-2013, 09:16 AM
A lazy bunch who think that making 'vows' in the papers each week will appease the fans. Picking up an easy wage without truly caring.

Moon unit
11-11-2013, 09:20 AM
A lazy bunch who think that making 'vows' in the papers each week will appease the fans. Picking up an easy wage without truly caring.
Spot on!..