PDA

View Full Version : Revolution...grabbing the club by the baws

Hibby Bairn
09-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Our great club is in a too long period of decline. Humiliating defeats by our greatest rivals and our once proud European pedigree in shreds.

Too many years of journeymen players and poor management of the playing squad had led to where we are now. The stewardship of the club has focused too much on the balance sheet (important) and the infrastructure (also important) and not enough on the "what do we stand for".."who are we"..."what is our club all about". This has led to an imbalance and an attempt to fill the gap with some clever marketing "Hibernian Family" etc.

We need someone to come in and grab the whole on the field side by the baws. Create a vision of what Hibs is all about. Instil a belief in each and every player individually and collectively. We should be aiming to win every game at Easter Road with style, flair and a swagger. And go to every away ground expecting to win. "The Hibs are in town and we are here for 3 points". None of this "OMG we have drawn Ross County" pash.

We are the Hibs FFS. Every team should be petrified of coming to Easter Road. And we should have a siege mentality about playing away.

I think and hope Terry Butcher can instil this at our club. I'd like to see us adopt the attitude and arrogance that Aberdeen had in the early 80's. I want to see us hammer teams. I want to see us expecting to win every week. I want to go to Glasgow and give them it tight..in their faces. Raise the bar from top to bottom and let's get our great club back to where it should be.

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2013, 09:23 PM
I agree with you, though things must be desperate if a Tory is demanding revolution :greengrin

Flanny boy
09-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Our great club is in a too long period of decline. Humiliating defeats by our greatest rivals and our once proud European pedigree in shreds.

Too many years of journeymen players and poor management of the playing squad had led to where we are now. The stewardship of the club has focused too much on the balance sheet (important) and the infrastructure (also important) and not enough on the "what do we stand for".."who are we"..."what is our club all about". This has led to an imbalance and an attempt to fill the gap with some clever marketing "Hibernian Family" etc.

We need someone to come in and grab the whole on the field side by the baws. Create a vision of what Hibs is all about. Instil a belief in each and every player individually and collectively. We should be aiming to win every game at Easter Road with style, flair and a swagger. And go to every away ground expecting to win. "The Hibs are in town and we are here for 3 points". None of this "OMG we have drawn Ross County" pash.

We are the Hibs FFS. Every team should be petrified of coming to Easter Road. And we should have a siege mentality about playing away.

I think and hope Terry Butcher can instil this at our club. I'd like to see us adopt the attitude and arrogance that Aberdeen had in the early 80's. I want to see us hammer teams. I want to see us expecting to win every week. I want to go to Glasgow and give them it tight..in their faces. Raise the bar from top to bottom and let's get our great club back to where it should be.
Really good post mate this is what we all want and I believe tb will have us going in the right direction :top marks

Hibs07p
10-11-2013, 06:18 AM
I think your thread title is a little bit misleading as well as lacking in political correctness.
To suggest anyone at the club does indeed have "baws" as you so crudely put it, is definitely misrepresenting the facts. The correct title of this thread should clearly be.... Revolution...grabbing the club by the genitalia... This ensures political correctness, but, if the title can't be accurately portrayed in PC terms, my personal view is that the club is clearly populated with fannies. :greengrin

GGTTH