PDA

View Full Version : What happens if butcher and co fails?

Greencore
09-11-2013, 07:29 PM
I know he hasn't been officially appointed yet. I know this post seems negative, I even know it sounds like a worrying badger. But if TB fails what next? Do we continue to swallow rods lies or do we force rod and maybe STF out? I always believe in a backup plan in life. I wonder what hibs back up plan is. Don't get me wrong I am praying he will do well, I believe he will. He has the discipline and tactics we have been craving for, for years. Would be interesting to hear everyone's thoughts

Jonnyboy
09-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Jeez

Fifer
09-11-2013, 07:33 PM
I know he hasn't been officially appointed yet. I know this post seems negative, I even know it sounds like a worrying badger. But if TB fails what next? Do we continue to swallow rods lies or do we force rod and maybe STF out? I always believe in a backup plan in life. I wonder what hibs back up plan is. Don't get me wrong I am praying he will do well, I believe he will. He has the discipline and tactics we have been craving for, for years. Would be interesting to hear everyone's thoughts
It's supporters like you we can do without!!

hfc rd
09-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Blimey!

tamig
09-11-2013, 07:35 PM

What tosh. So what's your grand backup plan then? There's a risk with any appointment. No guarantees. How are you going to force the owner out?

Greencore
It's supporters like you we can do without!!
Because in life I believe you have to have a backup plan and was wondering what hibs backup plan was. I also stated I pray he will do well I did not in anyway state he would be a failure. Sorry I thought this was a public forum to talk about hibs. Sorry again

Colonel_HFC
What happens if Butcher and Co fails? The answer is in the question - failure I suppose.

clerriehibs
09-11-2013, 07:36 PM

hmm ... Rod's lies? Gonnae expand on that?

What's your backup plan to forcing Tom Farmer out? I understand vladimir roamingoff is looking for a club.

Belter (the post).

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 07:38 PM

What if the manager after Butcher fails? And the manager after that fails?

What if Rod leaves and the next Chief Executive fails?

What if STF leaves and the next owner fails?

What if the backup plan fails and their isn't a backup plan to the backup plan? :timebomb:

rcarter1
09-11-2013, 07:39 PM

A valid question. There may not be many fans kicking around if we don't turn things around soon. I would be interested to hear what Petrie would say his plan is, if for example we are bottom end/relegation candidates for another few years.

Greencore
09-11-2013, 07:40 PM
What tosh. So what's your grand backup plan then? There's a risk with any appointment. No guarantees. How are you going to force the owner out?
I don't have a backup plan for hibs, I'm not on the board... I was only wondering what others thought hibs backup plan would be. People are taking this the wrong way, I also stated I want and pray TB will do well my question to you guys was do hibs have a good enough backup plan and my question to everyone was what do you think hibs backup plan would be.

hibees 7062
09-11-2013, 07:40 PM

And bring who in ?

Greencore
09-11-2013, 07:41 PM
A valid question. There may not be many fans kicking around if we don't turn things around soon. I would be interested to hear what Petrie would say his plan is, if for example we are bottom end/relegation candidates for another few years.
Thank you for sharing your opinion, what this thread was meant to be about!

Greencore
09-11-2013, 07:42 PM
And bring who in ?
Jesus... I was only giving an example. I haven't got it all written out. I was only giving an example, haha!

Greencore
09-11-2013, 07:43 PM
What if the manager after Butcher fails? And the manager after that fails?

What if Rod leaves and the next Chief Executive fails?

What if STF leaves and the next owner fails?

What if the backup plan fails and their isn't a backup plan to the backup plan? :timebomb: well played, touché

tamig
09-11-2013, 07:44 PM
I don't have a backup plan for hibs, I'm not on the board... I was only wondering what others thought hibs backup plan would be. People are taking this the wrong way, I also stated I want and pray TB will do well my question to you guys was do hibs have a good enough backup plan and my question to everyone was what do you think hibs backup plan would be.

You made the point you had a backup plan for everything in life - so I'm assuming you must have an idea. What is it? I don't think too many football clubs go with a contingency plan for the failure of the next manager when that next manager hasn't even been appointed yet. :rolleyes:

Glory Lurker
09-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Biblical flood-worth's of bed-wetting vapourised in an instant by this:-
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/324/cache/regional-nuclear-war-global-impacts_32431_600x450.jpg

That do?

chrisski33
09-11-2013, 07:46 PM

As they always do they get another manager! Any back up plan can fail what wud u do if you back up plan in life fails? What happens if your back up plan in life is actually better than the one your living...... Blah blah blah butcher hasnt even started and folk are starting to question what happens if he fails. It isnt a valid question as he wont fail and we aint at that junction

hibees 7062
09-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Jesus... I was only giving an example. I haven't got it all written out. I was only giving an example, haha!

And i was only asking , their aint a lot of white knights out there with spare cash to step in .

Jesus haha :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
09-11-2013, 07:47 PM
This must be a new record.

Greencore
09-11-2013, 07:49 PM
You made the point you had a backup plan for everything in life - so I'm assuming you must have an idea. What is it? I don't think too many football clubs go with a contingency plan for the failure of the next manager when that next manager hasn't even been appointed yet. :rolleyes:
Yeah I have a backup plan for everything in life. Am I on the hibs board? Nut! So it's out of my control I can't make choices for hibs. was only asking what everyone on here thought hibs backup plan would be, because I don't know. Maybe someone else would know.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Anyone hear Mikey Stewart on the radio after the game? He said he thinks that Butcher will either be a huge success or a huge failure. No middle of the road sort of has he or hasn't he. If that is correct and there are no shades of grey, then that should unite and not divide the fans.

Greencore
09-11-2013, 07:51 PM
I honestly believe TB will do well at hibs. I just wanted people's options on what next step we take if he is a dud that's all.

jabis
09-11-2013, 07:52 PM
good grief ! They're fair hoochin on the board tonight :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 07:53 PM
well played, touché

Thing is mate. You can apply "what ifs" to anything and everything.

Sometimes you can look too far ahead and lose sight of the present moment.

I'd rather we brought in Butcher and put our full focus into backing him the best we can do, instead of worrying about what we would do in the event that he may fail.

All our focus should be on right now, not what may happen in a future that hasn't occured yet.

mca
09-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Think Butcher and Co (if they come with him) is a Long Term Last Throw of The Dice For Rodders..

They Will all Get 4 or 5 Year Contracts - With The Hope That it Wont Take Long To Turn Us Around..

We have Some Pretty Decent Names in the Team.. They Just Lack Any Belief or Confidence..

We Should All Get Right Behind The Team - For The New Manager :agree:

I know they Should Be used To it - or it should spur them on as they earn enough comments will appear - But Some of the Name Calling and Booing - Cant be Helping anyones Confidence.. :na na:

tamig
I honestly believe TB will do well at hibs. I just wanted people's options on what next step we take if he is a dud that's all.

is it really that difficult? What normally happens if a manager fails? He gets replaced by someone else. I think that will be the backup plan.

You've still managed to bodyswerve the questions on "Petrie's lies" and how the owner would be ousted.

Hibercelona
That could be the easy bit. If the plan fails then the well rehearsed actions fall into place at some point.
What may be harder is knowing what to do in the face of success. We could be a huge success only to lose the manager to the opposition.

I know it's not answering the original question but I'm confident it won't be a failure, more guessing the level of success.

The better we get, the greater the expectation, the greater the need to improve.
Looking forward to the challenges ahead.

:agree:

We should be planning for success, not failure.

Greencore
09-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Thing is mate. You can apply "what ifs" to anything and everything.

Sometimes you can look too far ahead and lose sight of the present moment.

I'd rather we brought in Butcher and put our full focus into backing him the best we can do, instead of worrying about what we would do in the event that he may fail.

All our focus should be on right now, not what may happen in a future that hasn't occured yet.
Yeah mate I get what you are saying. Don't get me wrong, I will give him my full backing, and you are spot on there is no point worrying about something until it happens. I get why people are a bit annoyed at this thread. Put it down to my worryingness haha!

bingo70
09-11-2013, 07:56 PM
I dont think It's an unreasonable question Tbh.

Butcher isn't my choice and I'm not confident he'll be a success, I really hope I'm wrong but looking at our recent employment history I think its got to be a possibility.

Greencore
09-11-2013, 07:56 PM
is it really that difficult? What normally happens if a manager fails? He gets replaced by someone else. I think that will be the backup plan.

You've still managed to bodyswerve the questions on "Petrie's lies" and how the owner would be ousted.
1,2,3.... Goooooosefraba..

shagpile
09-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Think Butcher and Co (if they come with him) is a Long Term Last Throw of The Dice For Rodders..

They Will all Get 4 or 5 Year Contracts - With The Hope That it Wont Take Long To Turn Us Around..

We have Some Pretty Decent Names in the Team.. They Just Lack Any Belief or Confidence..

We Should All Get Right Behind The Team - For The New Manager :agree:

I know they Should Be used To it - or it should spur them on as they earn enough comments will appear - But Some of the Name Calling and Booing - Cant be Helping anyones Confidence.. :na na:

I doubt Butcher & his sidekicks would sign a 4-5 year contract. In fact, on watching that today he may ask for a one year 'rolling' jobbie.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-11-2013, 08:01 PM
There's a balance to worrying about stuff that probably won't happen and just getting on with the task at hand. Its probably better to err towards Managing by exception and focus efforts as they are required. its the things that creep up on you some idle Tuesday you never dreamed that'll mess you up.

From my experience fwiw, pragmatic folks tend not over plan for the worst case scenario - see the on-digital then setanta a collapse and more recently the gers and yams scenarios that unfolded. Probably because the landscape changes beyond recognition and everyone needs to adapt to a new environment that wouldn't be worth planning for until it arose. So better to have guys that can adapt as things change and let them get on with it.

so live in the moment.

Greencore
09-11-2013, 08:02 PM
There's a balance to worrying about stuff that probably won't happen and just getting on with the task at hand. Its probably better to err towards Managing by exception and focus efforts as they are required. its the things that creep up on you some idle Tuesday you never dreamed that'll mess you up.

From my experience fwiw, pragmatic folks tend not over plan for the worst case scenario - see the on-digital then setanta a collapse and more recently the gers and yams scenarios that unfolded. Probably because the landscape changes beyond recognition and everyone needs to adapt to a new environment that wouldn't be worth planning for until it arose. So better to have guys that can adapt as things change and let them get on with it.

so live in the moment.
:top marks

mca
09-11-2013, 08:04 PM
I doubt Butcher & his sidekicks would sign a 4-5 year contract. In fact, on watching that today he may ask for a one year 'rolling' jobbie.

I Widnae Be Surprised if He Was On The Team Bus back To Inverness Fer A Fish-Supper.. :wink:

Flanny boy
09-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Lets start getting positive as a club from top to bottom
i am sure tb will take our club forward and instill a winning mentality

Lang Toun Hibs
09-11-2013, 08:44 PM

We get Kenny Shiels in!

Sir David Gray
09-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Regardless of what happens with the next manager, we need changes now in the boardroom.

Chibs
09-11-2013, 08:48 PM
We could go down the yam route I suppose.
get in players we cannot afford and then not pay them.
rob charities and local business.
Basically become a sc@mbagfootball club.
but that will never happen.
enjoy your night loser.
GGTTH

rcarter1
09-11-2013, 08:58 PM
As they always do they get another manager! Any back up plan can fail what wud u do if you back up plan in life fails? What happens if your back up plan in life is actually better than the one your living...... Blah blah blah butcher hasnt even started and folk are starting to question what happens if he fails. It isnt a valid question as he wont fail and we aint at that junction

I think it is a valid question for the simple reason that TB + co could be the best management team we have had since Mowbray at least (and perhaps better). They have built a reputation for dealing with low budgets, instilling team work/spirit and an attack minded approach to the game. They have demonstrated a degree of tactical awareness by giving teams like Celtic a hard time, as well as swatting aside teams of lesser ability.

If these guys fail, then we really do have a problem. If I could call the shots, and it didnt work out, my back up plan would be to sell East Mains (having prepared evidence that it lies over an oil well :greengrin), Clear out every single member of the football infrastructure if possible, Petrie to stand aside, and for the fans to start buying the club.

stoneyburn hibs
09-11-2013, 09:11 PM

If they were to fail then the world will stop spinning, i am sorted though as a guy with a mouser in the Hibs shop today sold me a ticket to get off the planet should that happen.

Hibbyradge
09-11-2013, 09:13 PM

Rod's lies?

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-11-2013, 09:13 PM
TBH it's a fair enough point. I really think Butcher will do well at Hibs. I think he's been the experienced manager we've been crying out for.

IF he doesn't do well then he will simply add onto the endless list of Hibs failures.

Moon unit
09-11-2013, 09:14 PM
....Tell me you're taking the pish...!

schinkenotto
09-11-2013, 09:58 PM

My feeling is that STF,who is owed a vote of thanks for the fact that Hibs still exist but gets no appreciation,would be only too happy to be "forced out" if the attitude you express is typical.In addition,while I am very unhappy with the way Mr Petrie is running the Club,I'm not entirely clear what his "lies" are.

Jones28
10-11-2013, 02:03 AM
This thread might as well be titled "what if mourinho fails?", cos Butcher isn't officially our manager yet. And besides, is that not akin to never farting for fear of ****ting yourself? Don't appoint anyone incase the fail?

As has been said, live in the moment. There's no point in worrying about something that will probably a) not be a problem and b) is a couple of years down the line if it is?

bigwheel
10-11-2013, 06:50 AM
Only on Hibs.net could there possibly be this thread......

marinello59
10-11-2013, 06:58 AM

Wow.

Greenworld
10-11-2013, 07:33 AM
I think it is this kind of question that sums up everything thats wrong at ER

The new manager not even in but lets prepare to fail.
There is a fear at easter road that runs through the players and fans
This needs to change or the club will stay ln the doldrums for ever.
:cb

Phil D. Rolls
10-11-2013, 08:11 AM

FFS. :brickwall:

Just quit now, you're not cut out for this football supporter malarkey.

Eyrie
10-11-2013, 09:20 AM

Excellent post, and in the same spirit I ask you to consider what happens when Butcher leads us to the treble next season followed by Champions League glory in 2016. What will our back up plan be when Man Utd, Bayern and Barcelona are bidding for his signature?

clerriehibs
10-11-2013, 09:50 AM
I dont think It's an unreasonable question Tbh.

Butcher isn't my choice and I'm not confident he'll be a success, I really hope I'm wrong but looking at our recent employment history I think its got to be a possibility.

Mourinho isn't available.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-11-2013, 10:14 AM
I think it is this kind of question that sums up everything thats wrong at ER

The new manager not even in but lets prepare to fail.
There is a fear at easter road that runs through the players and fans
This needs to change or the club will stay ln the doldrums for ever.
:cb

What are your guys some kind of tag-team? "Forever" gimme a break.

Mercer didn't break us, the 19th of May didn't break us, Malmö didn't break us, lady luck favoring others more hasnt broken us, yams showing their collective IQs with 6 digits or on winding up forums won't either.

cabbageandribs1875
10-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Because in life I believe you have to have a backup plan and was wondering what hibs backup plan was. I also stated I pray he will do well I did not in anyway state he would be a failure. Sorry I thought this was a public forum to talk about hibs. Sorry again

you've been watching too many life assurance/insurance adverts :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
10-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Excellent post, and in the same spirit I ask you to consider what happens when Butcher leads us to the treble next season followed by Champions League glory in 2016. What will our back up plan be when Man Utd, Bayern and Barcelona are bidding for his signature?

the latter part of that sentence is believable :agree: but the treble includes the Scottish cup...and we just don't do Scottish cups :(

Hibbyradge
10-11-2013, 11:14 AM

If Butcher fails, we'll get Gary Locke in.

What happens if you lose your train ticket back to Ayr after the Ross County game on the 23rd?

Dibben
10-11-2013, 11:15 AM
I have every faith that TB will get it right for us.

I'm sure he will have a budget for January should he need it (i'm sure that would have been part of the discussions). Having watched ICT yesterday, with our greater resources, TB will get us playing better football.

We as fans must now get behind the team and give him the time to make changes as he sees fit. Hopefully the football will improve and the negativity throughout the stands will lift!

The Falcon
10-11-2013, 11:28 AM
And i was only asking , their aint a lot of white knights out there with spare cash to step in .

Jesus haha :greengrin

And if they do they better not interfere or they will get forced out. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Rod's lies?

He'd have to answer a question to do that Dave. :wink:

ian cruise
10-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Anyone hear Mikey Stewart on the radio after the game? He said he thinks that Butcher will either be a huge success or a huge failure. No middle of the road sort of has he or hasn't he. If that is correct and there are no shades of grey, then that should unite and not divide the fans.

I didn't hear the interview so I'm not necessarily sticking up for Stewart here however there might be some truth in that. If Butcher isn't a huge success then his time will be deemed a huge failure. He's coming to us at a time when the Scottish media are claiming his stock is high and we are underachieving. I think unless he gets Hibs a trophy and top 3 finished there will be those who claim he has failed.