PDA

View Full Version : We were much better under Fenlon

john18722
09-11-2013, 06:31 PM
As it says on the tin. At least we were creating chances under Fenton. That's the worst we have been in a long long time. Poor midfield, even worse strikers. Butcher has a big job on his hands.

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 06:32 PM
As it says on the tin. At least we were creating chances under Fenton. That's the worst we have been in a long long time. Poor midfield, even worse strikers. Butcher has a big job on his hands.

HAHAHAHA, aye ok.

Care to tell me how many shots we created against ICT few weeks ago?

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-11-2013, 06:34 PM
It is Fenlons team. What did you expect? Until a new manager comes in there was not likely to be any difference.

cabbageandribs1875
:coffee:

GreenCastle

:worms:

Come on...this isn't true.

Plus it's still Fenlon's unfit / average players that were playing today.

john18722
09-11-2013, 06:35 PM
HAHAHAHA, aye ok.

Care to tell me how many shots we created against ICT few weeks ago?

At least we passed the ball and actually created chances. Today was one of the most boring Hibs games I have been at. We literally did nothing...

The Green Goblin
09-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Are you really arguing that we were much better a few days ago?

john18722
09-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Are you really arguing that we were much better a few days ago?

I'm arguing that we were significantly worse today than we had been recently.

hibees 7062
09-11-2013, 06:37 PM

:faf: Nicholl out Fenlon in

hibsbollah
09-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Bring back Pat campaign underway :coffee:

john18722
09-11-2013, 06:38 PM
:faf: Butcher out Fenlon in

I fancy Bobby Williamson, he has been doing a good job with Uganda

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 06:39 PM
At least we passed the ball and actually created chances. Today was one of the most boring Hibs games I have been at. We literally did nothing...

We were exactly what we were under Fenlon. Again go have a look at the stats for past games while under Fenlon.

I can't believe you have actually started a thread saying "we were MUCH better under Fenlon" do you actually watch Hibs? Serious question?

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 06:39 PM

Kin a huv a shot of yer crack pipe when yer done? :smokin

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 06:40 PM

Mate. Come on. Seriously.

RCNG
09-11-2013, 06:41 PM

Butcher out

Andy74
09-11-2013, 06:42 PM
I do think one or two are a bit surprised there hasn't been the immediate upturn that we were promised by just getting rid of a Fenlon and tactics.

A real upturn tonight of saying the squad is terrible and still pinning on Fenlon tactics that he hadn't been involved in for two games now.

john18722
09-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Maybe his wee stature and Irishisms made me like him a bit more than I should have.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-11-2013, 06:49 PM
I do think one or two are a bit surprised there hasn't been the immediate upturn that we were promised by just getting rid of a Fenlon and tactics.

A real upturn tonight of saying the squad is terrible and still pinning on Fenlon tactics that he hadn't been involved in for two games now.

Who was going to deliver this upturn? Who was in s position to promise anything and who was it promised to?

500miles
09-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Sometimes when you lose a manager, the players get the kick up the backside they need, or it takes the pressure of a struggling leader off their shoulders. Pat was a good man manager, and was a bit of a shield for all the flack. When he stepped down, it was of no benefit to the players - they've lost their leader. Butcher needs to get these players believing in themselves again.

Greencore
09-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Wtf?! Yeah we were better under fenlon then today last season cause it was just pass the ball to leigh... Fenlon did not act like a real football manager, there was no strictness, no leadership, no playing for the jersey. If we had a player of griffiths ability in the team now he would probably fail because of lack of confidence and not playing for the badge. Leigh played for the badge. We have a decent team, our players have just been brainwashed under fenlons tactics.. The sooner TB and MM get here the better..

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2013, 06:57 PM

Been saying it for a long time Andy, you just dont listen.

Greencore
09-11-2013, 06:57 PM
:faf: Nicholl out Fenlon in
:top marks

greenpaper55
09-11-2013, 06:59 PM
We are six points off a playoff place FFS !.

erskine-hibby
09-11-2013, 07:00 PM

That's Fenlon style hoofball 100%. Butcher will have a job changing that style of "football" in the players heads.

Winston Ingram
09-11-2013, 07:01 PM

:faf:

Jonnyboy
09-11-2013, 07:03 PM

I agree. That Fenton guy was like a ghost. Never seen him in the dugout once

The Green Goblin
09-11-2013, 07:19 PM

Again, Fenlon`s seat is still warm, and nobody is surprised, they are just reacting to yet another smack in the ba`s for daring to hope they might actually see something worth watching from their team for a change.

The Green Goblin
09-11-2013, 07:22 PM

Not our best manager ever, but he`s quick on his pins....I`ll give him that at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRSbr0EYYU

Colonel_HFC
09-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Fenlon would have got a win today. I bet he was shouting at the TV - and it wasn't even turned on. That's passion for you - something the Hibs team are missing without his Turned off TV shouting antics.

SquashedFrogg
09-11-2013, 07:26 PM

:cb

Obviously at the wind up...

Colonel_HFC
09-11-2013, 07:55 PM
:cb

Obviously at the wind up...

A bit like Hibs today. Surely nobody would really expect people to pay to see that.

Mac
09-11-2013, 08:08 PM

And you genuinely potray yourself as knowledgeable ?? Deary me!!

Colonel_HFC
09-11-2013, 08:11 PM
And you genuinely potray yourself as knowledgeable ?? Deary me!!

Where does he portray himself as knowledgeable?

Aldo
09-11-2013, 08:12 PM

Ha ha just laughed out loud. And I thought stated the obvious.

And how many chances did we create under Fenlon.... No many I do believe.

Jim44
09-11-2013, 08:16 PM
I wouldn't read too much into today's horrific performance. We are, if the truth be told, a very poor team and with the added loss of a manager, the questionable/unknown ability of JN to step into the breach ( why did he renege on the media session this week? ) and the circus of silence of this past week, is it really any surprise that we surpassed ourselves in the 'failure to turn up' guise which we are past masters at. If we are still churning out the same garbage at the end of February, that'll be the time to start pressing the panic button. Frankly, I was more upset at the news from Pittodrie than I was with our predictable result.

stoneyburn hibs
09-11-2013, 08:17 PM

If you think thats any worse than when Fenton, Fenlon or Fenloss was here then you are deluded.

Colonel_HFC
09-11-2013, 08:25 PM
It's true that Fenlon and Fenloss were similar, but Fenton was different.

flash
09-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Nicholl clearly knew he was on his way out- how else do you explain Thomson on the left and Stevenson in the middle.

He was clearly taking the piss.

Mac
09-11-2013, 08:54 PM
Where does he portray himself as knowledgeable?

Have you been on this forum for the last 10 years or so? The constant derogatory put downs to anyone who disagrees with his opinion? A knowledgable indepth knowledge apparently!!

marinello59
09-11-2013, 10:00 PM

Fenlon left us a squad who are so used to playing the game at a pedestrian pace that trying to shift up the gears is an alien concept. My opinion is that the first team at our club is now in a worse state than it was when he arrived. What happened today was pretty much what I expected.

Beefster
09-11-2013, 10:10 PM
Fenlon left us a squad who are so used to playing the game at a pedestrian pace that trying to shift up the gears is an alien concept. My opinion is that the first team at our club is now in a worse state than it was when he arrived. What happened today was pretty much what I expected.

But Fenlon painted the away dressing room and changed a scout so, overall, it's an improvement.

Colonel_HFC
09-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Have you been on this forum for the last 10 years or so? The constant derogatory put downs to anyone who disagrees with his opinion? A knowledgable indepth knowledge apparently!!

Well, I don't really pay much attention to individuals on Hibs.net, but I certainly wouldn't have assumed the poster was knowledgeable. In fact, the post was written in such a bad way I couldn't even understand it.

greenpaper55
09-11-2013, 10:39 PM
FF sake if Fenlon had not resigned Rod was happy to keep him !, did he not say he left us in a better position than when he arrived ?. We are run by a bunch of amateurs who have been found wanting big time, time for them to go.

silverhibee
10-11-2013, 01:03 AM

:faf:

givescotlandfreedom
10-11-2013, 01:07 AM

If you're not a Savile there's something wrong with our support

cabbageandribs1875
10-11-2013, 01:51 AM

yes, and sometimes even to a player in the same team

Jones28
10-11-2013, 01:59 AM
Hope the op has a ****ing big net :greengrin: