PDA

View Full Version : Right , Butcher and his whole gang take over and...

sleeping giant
09-11-2013, 06:04 PM
First game in charge he plays Stevenson at right back.
Will this place meltdown or will some folk begin to realise that "fitba folk" ken Whits gaun Oan ?

R'Albin
09-11-2013, 06:07 PM
In fairness, even if we are playing well with Butcher in charge, I don't see anything wrong with fans disagreeing over Stevenson being put in RB.

If we are winning then I guess people won't be bothered anyway, let's hope that's the case!

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 06:07 PM
He hasn't had his first game in charge yet, making this a pointless thread.

Let's just wait and see what he does.

However he sets the team out, I expect we'll see more spirit from each player than we did on todays showing.

jodjam
09-11-2013, 06:10 PM
One of their better players today was the right back Shinnie who is a left footer.

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2013, 06:10 PM

However he sets the team out, I expect we'll see more spirit from each player than we did on todays showing.

and if we do see that, does that mean the players have been short-changing the fans/club

sleeping giant
09-11-2013, 06:12 PM

Obviously its a pointless thread .Just wondering if folk would be worried that he's doing what all previous managers had done.
Pointless enough to have you bumping you gums on it though.

truehibernian
09-11-2013, 06:13 PM
I'd be brutal and play Andy Black at right back, Ryan Baptie left back, Michael Nelson and Jordan Forster centre halves.

The two youngsters I mention would quite simply do no worse, indeed they would improve upon, what witness at the back most weeks. Both Andy and Ryan are raw, young, but have pace and energy and get forward and are able to motor back. This whole team needs a defence, midfield and attack that can move forward as a fast unit and defend equally quick.

sleeping giant
09-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Just to add I like Stevenson. Gives his all and I rate him.

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 06:15 PM
and if we do see that, does that mean the players have been short-changing the fans/club

No. It would mean that players moral was low under Fenlons reign.

Tyler Durden
09-11-2013, 06:17 PM
One of their better players today was the right back Shinnie who is a left footer.

Probably the best player on the park but Hibs have not seen a full back give that type of performance for 3/4 years now.

Stevenson is simply not capable of that - playing left or right. I'm one that was critical of Fenlon playing him at RB. Partly as it means sacrificing any attacking from that side. But also because its ridiculous for us to be in that position when Fenlon had already signed 3 RBs - why sign Mullen and have no faith to play him?

At least we know that Butcher likes his full backs to get forward

hibsbollah
09-11-2013, 06:24 PM
The uncomfortable fact for some posters who have a 'he's never right back' fixation is that when Lewis has covered at RB he's played as well, if not better, than at LB. Lots of people dont rate him, thats fine, but successive managers have played him all over the pitch, including today when he started as holding mid.

leither17
09-11-2013, 06:27 PM
The uncomfortable fact for some posters who have a 'he's never right back' fixation is that when Lewis has covered at RB he's played as well, if not better, than at LB. Lots of people dont rate him, thats fine, but successive managers have played him all over the pitch, including today when he started as holding mid.

Lewis did ok at rb but he never once in the 20 or so games he played was attack like shinnie did today for their goal he never got past about 60 yards without cutting back

hibsbollah
09-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Lewis did ok at rb but he never once in the 20 or so games he played was attack like shinnie did today for their goal he never got past about 60 yards without cutting back

No arguments from me there. Id love a speedy full back who can overlap and deliver a good ball in. But we dont have anyone these days who can do that from ANYWHERE on the pitch.

Alfred E Newman
09-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Butcher leaving Inverness for Hibs is like Tiger Woods ditching his Nike clubs and playing with a set of hickory shafts.

fat freddy
09-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Butcher leaving Inverness for Hibs is like Tiger Woods ditching his Nike clubs and playing with a set of hickory shafts.

Butcher is leaving behind a Rolls Royce parked in a field to take over an Austin Allegro parked in a Palace...he just needs to get rid of the Allegro and somehow build another Rolls Royce....he has one year to do it starting.....Now!:I'm waiti

TornadoHibby
09-11-2013, 06:59 PM
I'd be brutal and play Andy Black at right back, Ryan Baptie left back, Michael Nelson and Jordan Forster centre halves.

The two youngsters I mention would quite simply do no worse, indeed they would improve upon, what witness at the back most weeks. Both Andy and Ryan are raw, young, but have pace and energy and get forward and are able to motor back. This whole team needs a defence, midfield and attack that can move forward as a fast unit and defend equally quick.

One of our squad's greatest weaknesses is the lack of pace amongst our group of players which makes it a lot easier for teams to control us and then beat us IMO! :confused: