PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Miller.

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Kenny was at the game today and couldn't believe how things have changed since he last watched Hibs. He still wants to come here and thinks he can offer us something. He gets on very well with Butcher from his time at Scotland so don't be surprised if Kenny arrives at some point in the future.

He's looking at a coaching role as well and personally I'd like to see him given a years deal with a view to helping the young lads coming through. He's done great in the game and would be an asset to the club, IMO of course.

Woody70x2
09-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Kenny was at the game today and couldn't believe how things have changed since he last watched Hibs. He still wants to come here and thinks he can offer us something. He gets on very well with Butcher from his time at Scotland so don't be surprised if Kenny arrives at some point in the future. He's looking at a coaching role as well and personally I'd like to see him given a years deal with a view to helping the young lads coming through. He's done great in the game and would be an asset to the club, IMO of course.

I believe he could have a role to play, but at the end of the day that decision will be made by the new manager.

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 06:53 PM
I believe he could have a role to play, but at the end of the day that decision will be made by the new manager.

Same here, but more than happy with Butcher bringing in his own ideas. Just personally think he'd do alright with Hibs while helping the younger lads.

Scottie
09-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Unfortunately I think he'll go back to the Huns before he comes back to ER:rolleyes:

Would have loved to see him in a Hibs strip today

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Always have a lot of time and respect for Kenny Miller. He's a grafter who never failed to give it his all for the cause.

Sadly, I don't think he would offer us much in a playing role. Unless Butcher can improve our movement of the ball and willingness to get forward, Miller would only find himself in a similar situation to Heffernan.

It would be great to have him here in a coaching role however. He loves this club and would be a great addition in this department.

He would certainly help shape the boys up in training, thats for sure.

SteveHFC
09-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Kenny was at the game today and couldn't believe how things have changed since he last watched Hibs. He still wants to come here and thinks he can offer us something. He gets on very well with Butcher from his time at Scotland so don't be surprised if Kenny arrives at some point in the future.

He's looking at a coaching role as well and personally I'd like to see him given a years deal with a view to helping the young lads coming through. He's done great in the game and would be an asset to the club, IMO of course.

Good to hear mate. :thumbsup:

PS wish you told me he was coming this morning:greengrin

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Unfortunately I think he'll go back to the Huns before he comes back to ER:rolleyes:

Would have loved to see him in a Hibs strip today

Don't be so sure mate, he'd rather play with us again than them.

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Good to hear mate. :thumbsup:

PS wish you told me he was coming this morning:greengrin

Haha I'll inform you next time :D

Scottie
09-11-2013, 07:01 PM

Hope so mate

Great example for any youngster these days to follow.

SteveHFC
09-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Haha I'll inform you next time :D

You could have got me his autograph. Dick :greengrin

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 07:03 PM
You could have got me his autograph. Dick :greengrin

I'll give you a shout when we're out next ;)

SteveHFC
I'll give you a shout when we're out next ;)

Good man :aok::cb :greengrin

truehibernian
TC you already know my thoughts on Kenny you've heard them often enough - Kenny Miller could walk into any SPFL side including Celtic, even now, and offer bucketloads on and off the pitch. It's a no brainer - if he is keen (and available) then he would be the first target I'd be going for.

When our striking department can't seem to hit a barn door from 10 yards, how on earth could anybody say he wouldn't be a valuable asset to this Hibs squad.

As long as his bloody dress sense improves and he doesn't come to Easter Road looking like Don 'Miami Vice' Johnson mind :greengrin:wink:

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 07:06 PM
TC you already know my thoughts on Kenny you've heard them often enough - Kenny Miller could walk into any SPFL side including Celtic, even now, and offer bucketloads on and off the pitch. It's a no brainer - if he is keen (and available) then he would be the first target I'd be going for.

When our striking department can't seem to hit a barn door from 10 yards, how on earth could anybody say he wouldn't be a valuable asset to this Hibs squad.

As long as his bloody dress sense improves and he doesn't come to Easter Road looking like Don 'Miami Vice' Johnson mind :greengrin:wink:

Sadly he still dress like that :D

Stewboy
09-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Miller would absolutely piss it in this league just now - if we can get a deal get him in as soon as we can

Aldo
09-11-2013, 07:35 PM
TC you already know my thoughts on Kenny you've heard them often enough - Kenny Miller could walk into any SPFL side including Celtic, even now, and offer bucketloads on and off the pitch. It's a no brainer - if he is keen (and available) then he would be the first target I'd be going for. When our striking department can't seem to hit a barn door from 10 yards, how on earth could anybody say he wouldn't be a valuable asset to this Hibs squad. As long as his bloody dress sense improves and he doesn't come to Easter Road looking like Don 'Miami Vice' Johnson mind :greengrin:wink:

Totally agree. I think his display/ goal at Wembley showed he is still capable at playing a ya high level.

Would be a revelation. His hard working ethos and quality would hopefully rub off on others.

Tel us the man tho.

MB62
09-11-2013, 07:36 PM
does he not have a club at the moment?

Haymaker
09-11-2013, 07:42 PM

Seasons over so could take a Jan loan for fitness or his contract may be out.

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 07:42 PM

Yeah he's still with Whitecaps just now!

1950's hibbie
09-11-2013, 07:46 PM
His contract with Whitecaps is until January, he didn't finish the season to come to Europe for treatment to a knee injury. How that will affect his future nobody knows.

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 07:54 PM
His contract with Whitecaps is until January, he didn't finish the season to come to Europe for treatment to a knee injury. How that will affect his future nobody knows.

Plus they sacked their manager lately so he may be away sooner rather than later.

3pm
09-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Sign him.

IWasThere2016
09-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Sign him.

This.

hibees 7062
09-11-2013, 08:02 PM

No brainer for me mate :agree:

S4uzee
09-11-2013, 08:03 PM
100x better than Collins

Purehibee_MYB
09-11-2013, 08:07 PM

Good to hear mate!

Should have let me know! Would have bought you both a pint for those Whitecaps tickets in summer! :thumbsup:

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Good to hear mate!

Should have let me know! Would have bought you both a pint for those Whitecaps tickets in summer! :thumbsup:

He'll be back soon mate, I'll drop you a PM and get a drink.

Purehibee_MYB
09-11-2013, 08:27 PM

Sounds good to me!

hfc rd
09-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Certainly would offer a hell lot more than Vine & Collins.

3pm
09-11-2013, 08:33 PM
TC.

Yer good with the info, no doubt. However, this rumour happened before, everyone got excited and it ended in disappointment.

Is it wortj getting excited about?!

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 08:37 PM
TC.

Yer good with the info, no doubt. However, this rumour happened before, everyone got excited and it ended in disappointment.

Is it wortj getting excited about?!

Sadly mate Fenlon didn't want him. I'm not saying its defo happening just saying he'd like it too. If anything changes I'll let you's know.

Greencore
09-11-2013, 09:15 PM

Would love to see him back here!

neil7908
09-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Sadly mate Fenlon didn't want him. I'm not saying its defo happening just saying he'd like it too. If anything changes I'll let you's know.

If so that tells you all you need to know about Fenlon.

Team cant buy a goal at the moment and we turned down an international class striker. Would be absolutely over the moon to get Miller back at ER.

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Can he grow a beard, push Rowan Vine down a mine shaft and run onto the pitch wearing a no.9 shirt?

SteveHFC
09-11-2013, 09:23 PM

Sounds good to me!

Can i join you :greengrin

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Can he grow a beard, push Rowan Vine down a mine shaft and run onto the pitch wearing a no.9 shirt?

Haha, could always ask him!

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 09:31 PM

If you behave yourself :D

SteveHFC
09-11-2013, 09:32 PM
If you behave yourself :D

I won't be buying any drinks mind you. :cb:greengrin

Onceinawhile
09-11-2013, 09:33 PM
If There's one thing we need, its a striker with no pace, who scores one chance out of 5, but runs a lot..

Just_Jimmy
09-11-2013, 09:44 PM
If There's one thing we need, its a striker with no pace, who scores one chance out of 5, but runs a lot..

1 chance in 5 that we don't have just now.

He'll get his first goal around march... when we create our 5th chance since he signs in Jan.

davhibby
09-11-2013, 09:47 PM
So he can move on a free in January?

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Haha, could always ask him!

I won't tell Mr Lunny from the SPFL.

Purehibee_MYB
09-11-2013, 09:56 PM

Only if you bring the welcome party :cb

SteveHFC
09-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Only if you bring the welcome party :cb

Deal! :greengrin

Aldo
09-11-2013, 10:00 PM
I won't be buying any drinks mind you. :cb:greengrin

Mind your ID. Whoosh (sorry)

SMAXXA
09-11-2013, 10:04 PM

Your track record is rank when it comes to Stu's bro, about as bad as your other scoops :wink:

SteveHFC
09-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Mind your ID. Whoosh (sorry)

Knowing me. I'll probably forget it once again :faf: :greengrin

Aldo
09-11-2013, 10:16 PM

Ha ha.

AgentDaleCooper
09-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Always have a lot of time and respect for Kenny Miller. He's a grafter who never failed to give it his all for the cause.

Sadly, I don't think he would offer us much in a playing role. Unless Butcher can improve our movement of the ball and willingness to get forward, Miller would only find himself in a similar situation to Heffernan.

It would be great to have him here in a coaching role however. He loves this club and would be a great addition in this department.

He would certainly help shape the boys up in training, thats for sure.

it's utterly hilarious to suggest that the kenny miller that a mere few months ago caused the england defence all kinds of problems, would 'not have much to offer us'. wtf. not that i think heffernan is any shade of rubbish, but would i rather him or miller...:hmmm:

Jack
09-11-2013, 10:28 PM
It's at times like this, when international players want to play for our club, that Mr Petrie needs to interfere.

JMac
09-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Ahhh the yearly Kenny Miller returning to play for nothing thread. I've been expecting you

Purehibee_MYB
09-11-2013, 10:36 PM

Mistakes like that won't fly with me kid... :cb

Robinho08
09-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Miller up front with Riordan!

lord bunberry
09-11-2013, 10:37 PM

that will only work if someone bumps of skippy, that ******* kangaroo will find him in no time.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2013, 10:38 PM
If he's available and wants to come then it's a no brainer.

Aldo
09-11-2013, 10:44 PM
If he's available and wants to come then it's a no brainer.

This.

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Your track record is rank when it comes to Stu's bro, about as bad as your other scoops :wink:

Oi nothing wrong my scoops :D

SteveHFC
09-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Mistakes like that won't fly with me kid... :cb

How dare you call me a kid :cb :faf:

Purehibee_MYB
09-11-2013, 10:57 PM
How dare you call me a kid :cb :faf:

El Presidente of the MYB I'll call you what I want ... :wink:

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 11:00 PM
it's utterly hilarious to suggest that the kenny miller that a mere few months ago caused the england defence all kinds of problems, would 'not have much to offer us'. wtf. not that i think heffernan is any shade of rubbish, but would i rather him or miller...:hmmm:

I'm not suggesting that Miller wouldn't be good enough for us. I'm suggesting that the current squad and the way we play, wouldn't be good enough for Miller!

California-Hibs
09-11-2013, 11:07 PM
He'd not only be outstanding for us and score goals for fun, he'd be this way playing for ANY spl team, including Celtic. I'd seriously love it if we ever get to see him back in a Hibs top again. A player who clearly looks after himself fitness wise!

hibees 7062
Miller up front with Riordan!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

SteveHFC
El Presidente of the MYB I'll call you what I want ... :wink:

Nah you won't ;-)

jacomo
10-11-2013, 12:03 AM

Behave yourself. Apart from his qualities as a player, who wouldn't want his kind of professionalism in the squad?

If only some of our other players would take K Millers attitude towards their career.

California-Hibs
10-11-2013, 12:06 AM

You clearly have not watched Kenny Miller playing recently. He still has plenty of pace.

TheFamous1875
10-11-2013, 01:33 AM

Can he?? Someone answer!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DH1875
10-11-2013, 04:04 PM

To be honest, I thought he had signed a new contract with his current club so this whole thread has thrown me :confused:.

Jack
10-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Contract until: 30.06.2014

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm not suggesting that Miller wouldn't be good enough for us. I'm suggesting that the current squad and the way we play, wouldn't be good enough for Miller!

Do you think the new manager is going to keep us playing with lack of movement and pace, or do you think he might try and address the problem, and players like Miller would be a start? :rolleyes:

Paperboy
11-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Would love to see Kenny back but is he not a Rangers fan?

chrisski33
11-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Would love to see Kenny back but is he not a Rangers fan?

No he is a hibs fan

Golden Bear
11-11-2013, 02:03 PM
I wonder if KM would be interested in the position of Player Manager.

:wink:

Hibs07p
16-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Been away for a few days, any chance that KM will be coming to ER?

GGTTH

Thecat23
16-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Been away for a few days, any chance that KM will be coming to ER?

GGTTH

If Butcher wanted him Kenny would sign in Jan in a heartbeat. Wages aren't an issue with him as he wants to finish his playing days at Hibs. He knows Butcher very well from his Scotland days so you never know!

Whitecaps sacked their manager and the new one may let Kenny go in Jan.

MyJo
16-11-2013, 08:31 AM
If Butcher wanted him Kenny would sign in Jan in a heartbeat. Wages aren't an issue with him as he wants to finish his playing days at Hibs. He knows Butcher very well from his Scotland days so you never know!

IF this is the case we should be bending over backwards to make this happen :agree:

Hibs07p
16-11-2013, 08:37 AM

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear from someone ITK about KM's situation. Has he asked, or been offered training facilities at EM while he's back here, or has there been any communication between them?

GGTTH

SMAXXA
16-11-2013, 08:41 AM

Aye a seen his mush sittings the stand with ma mate Daz at the ICT game. Would be a good addition that could bring on some of the younger players too.

andrew70
16-11-2013, 10:00 AM
Do you know if Miller or his agent has let Butcher know of his desire to finish his career at Hibs, TC23?

brian6-2
16-11-2013, 10:10 AM

He could come on loan or as a transfer for a fee. quite alot of MLS players move on loan to europe during the pre season over there.

Frazerbob
16-11-2013, 11:24 AM
The pundits on Sportsound the other night were ribbing KM about going back to Ibrox. They seemed pretty sure he'd end up back there and Miller didn't exactly shoot them down.

Thecat23
16-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Aye a seen his mush sittings the stand with ma mate Daz at the ICT game. Would be a good addition that could bring on some of the younger players too.

I'm actually meeting Daz tonight, he's a good lad. Regarding other posters questions, I'm sure TB would know he would want to play here again. His agent defo does.

He's not asked about training with us while the season is closed not yet anyway!

McCoist would love Kenny back but things at Rangers aren't as rosy as some may think. If Hibs don't want Kenny and Rangers did manage to get him he would Prob go. His first choice is Hibs though 100%.

3pm
16-11-2013, 12:11 PM
That last sentence could come back to haunt you mate!

Thecat23
16-11-2013, 12:40 PM
That last sentence could come back to haunt you mate!

Haha it Prob will. Like it say though bud, he will go to Rangers I would imagine if they want him and we don't. But if it's out of us or them it will be us.

I still can't believe Fenlon just dismissed him when he said to him he'd like a loan deal.

Jim44
16-11-2013, 01:35 PM
He's training with The Rangers.

SteveHFC
16-11-2013, 01:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArT1wlS6Qew

About 12seconds in the video :faf:

3pm
16-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Haha it Prob will. Like it say though bud, he will go to Rangers I would imagine if they want him and we don't. But if it's out of us or them it will be us.

I still can't believe Fenlon just dismissed him when he said to him he'd like a loan deal.

Why does KM not just call and ask?!

brian6-2
16-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Why does KM not just call and ask?!

Cos he's under contract with another team.

3pm
16-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Cos he's under contract with another team.

Aye - fitba players are well known for havings morals when it comes to moving teams!

Zazu62
16-11-2013, 02:23 PM
If Kenny Miller came back to Scotland it would be to play for sevco

Thecat23
16-11-2013, 02:31 PM
If Kenny Miller came back to Scotland it would be to play for sevco

If Hibs went for him along with Sevco then he'd sign for us! If we don't then yeah he'd sign for them.

LancsHibs
16-11-2013, 03:14 PM
If Hibs went for him along with Sevco then he'd sign for us! If we don't then yeah he'd sign for them.

Hope your right mate, would love to see Kenny Miller back at Hibs.

SteveHFC
16-11-2013, 03:16 PM

Miller and Vine upfront :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Aldo
16-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Miller and Vine upfront :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I really do hope you've a super dooper Gif for when (or should that be IF) Vine scores. ;-)

SteveHFC
16-11-2013, 03:24 PM
I really do hope you've a super dooper Gif for when (or should that be IF) Vine scores. ;-)

http://oi42.tinypic.com/ng7bsn.jpg:greengrin

kaisersmith
16-11-2013, 03:24 PM
No he is a hibs fan

He was definitely a rangers fan when growing up, I played in the same boys club team as him.

Aldo
16-11-2013, 03:30 PM
:greengrin

I know bout that one but a really really good one (no saying that one isn't mind) to celebrate him popping his cherry in the goals front.

Zazu62
16-11-2013, 03:32 PM

Cool mate his ties to hibs must be more than I thought then, would be a good signing .

the happy hibee
16-11-2013, 03:34 PM
He was definitely a rangers fan when growing up, I played in the same boys club team as him.

yep he was defo a rangers fan when he was younger I was his best mate when we were at campie and the grammar! but what I will say tho that once he had been at hibs for a couple of years he did become a hibby!

edinburghhibee
16-11-2013, 05:01 PM
yep he was defo a rangers fan when he was younger I was his best mate when we were at campie and the grammar! but what I will say tho that once he had been at hibs for a couple of years he did become a hibby!

Same situation as Scotty brown and I'm sure many other players

brian6-2
17-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Aye - fitba players are well known for havings morals when it comes to moving teams!

some of them do, yes. and kenny miller is one of them.

SouthamptonHibs
17-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Would be a great signing for Hibs Heff and Miller upfront hail hail
Collins and Vine sent out on loan until contracts expire both could drop a level or two and play for my Sat amateur team hail hail

The Baldmans Comb
17-11-2013, 10:51 AM
If Kenny Miller really wants to play for Hibs then all he has to do is let his agent know and his agent will then cut a deal with Hibs.

It really is pretty simple and if he chooses to go to Sevco then again this will be his choice.

Miller has shown no loyalty to any club in his career and has always done exactly what he feels his right for him which is fair enough and this time will be no different.

ancient hibee
17-11-2013, 12:48 PM
He's been at Murray Park this week -does he live near there or was he not offered facilities at East Mains?