PDA

View Full Version : Question for those not going back till Fenlon is out.

Alfred E Newman
09-11-2013, 05:33 PM
What was your new excuse today? Don't fancy Butcher, too cauld I want Summer fitba, too expensive with Christmas coming up, rather spend my money in the pub or some other reason?

fatbloke
09-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Out of interest what was attendance?

GreenArmyyy!
09-11-2013, 05:35 PM
What was your new excuse today? Don't fancy Butcher, too cauld I want Summer fitba, too expensive with Christmas coming up, rather spend my money in the pub or some other reason?

I would be interested to hear this as well.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2013, 05:36 PM
I was there but i can't blame anyone who doesn't want to go and watch this team.

DaveF

Utter boredom, I'd imagine?

8700 odd.

Brightside
That was a Fenlon performance today. If you stop players playing football long enough they will soon forget how to play it! Tel has a hard job turning it round now.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2013, 05:37 PM

Just over 8700 i think.

hibbill2002
09-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Rather spend my money in the pub, that do you? :rolleyes:

GreenCastle
09-11-2013, 05:41 PM
It's not the fans fault.

Crap crowd today-expected as we are dire to watch.

I wouldn't have gone if I didn't have a ST - it's just a waste of money!

As said on another thread - they weren't scanning ST's in the East today strangely :confused:

Wins will bring fans back-winning and entertaining will bring lots more fans back. We are a long way from both!

Andy74
09-11-2013, 05:44 PM
That was a Fenlon performance today. If you stop players playing football long enough they will soon forget how to play it! Tel has a hard job turning it round now.

Sure.

Coco Bryce
09-11-2013, 05:46 PM

Son wanted to go swimming instead of sitting bored sh*tless and freezing at ER.

It's getting harder and harder to keep the wee man interested in Hibs just now and I dont really blame him :rolleyes:

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Fenlon ruined people's enthusiasm for Hibs. It will take a while to get many of these guys back. It's still the same background team and still same set up so can you blame them?

Folk having a go at fans for staying away are starting to bug me. I still go but would never ever have a go to anyone fed up with Hibs. 1-5 0-7 aye let's rush back because we won today...... Oh wait!!!!

truehibernian
09-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Football is slow, turgid, ponderous, sideways, lacking leadership, a rudderless ship, cowardly, lacking hunger, zero pace, bereft of creative players in the final third, James Collins & Rowan Vine........................is that a good enough reason for Hibs supporters having turned their back ?

No one, simply no one, can blame Hibs supporters for not coming to watch Hibs - the product is sub standard rubbish and doesn't merit a £25odd walk up for those that didn't get a season.

Scandalous to even question a fans judgement on not coming down to Easter Road. I argued last year with a coach about Hibs not being a 'one man team' with Leigh in it - now I have to eat humble pie, because clearly we were. This squad, with the additions, needs double sessions and cleared of those with a losing mentality.

Anyone hear Mo Malpas on the radio after the game - now that is what I want to hear at Easter Road. Twice he used the phrase 'whipped into shape' and I think that was said twice for very very good reason :agree::wink: Hibs players better watch out this next few weeks because they are going to get worked harder than they have ever been worked. For those that argued Hibs players are unfit - away and boil yer heids - this team ARE unfit and don't work hard enough at training on their fitness.

Certain players need double sessions and their stamina needs worked on. The failure to close down is annoying me, especially when other teams seem to see it as a core duty (which it is). At set pieces, other teams look to take quick, circulate the ball speedily - Hibs take their time, slow it down, allow teams to regroup.

Enough is enough - sod a venga bus, sod beards, sod coffee clubs and twitter - get to work you lazy sods and work on what you are paid handsomely to do - train and play PROFESSIONAL football :aok:

Coco Bryce
09-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Football is slow, turgid, ponderous, sideways, lacking leadership, a rudderless ship, cowardly, lacking hunger, zero pace, bereft of creative players in the final third, James Collins & Rowan Vine........................is that a good enough reason for Hibs supporters having turned their back ?

No one, simply no one, can blame Hibs supporters for not coming to watch Hibs - the product is sub standard rubbish and doesn't merit a £25odd walk up for those that didn't get a season.

Scandalous to even question a fans judgement on not coming down to Easter Road. I argued last year with a coach about Hibs not being a 'one man team' with Leigh in it - now I have to eat humble pie, because clearly we were. This squad, with the additions, needs double sessions and cleared of those with a losing mentality.

Anyone hear Mo Malpas on the radio after the game - now that is what I want to hear at Easter Road. Twice he used the phrase 'whipped into shape' and I think that was said twice for very very good reason :agree::wink: Hibs players better watch out this next few weeks because they are going to get worked harder than they have ever been worked. For those that argued Hibs players are unfit - away and boil yer heids - this team ARE unfit and don't work hard enough at training on their fitness.

Certain players need double sessions and their stamina needs worked on. The failure to close down is annoying me, especially when other teams seem to see it as a core duty (which it is). At set pieces, other teams look to take quick, circulate the ball speedily - Hibs take their time, slow it down, allow teams to regroup.

Enough is enough - sod a venga bus, sod beards, sod coffee clubs and twitter - get to work you lazy sods and work on what you are paid handsomely to do - train and play PROFESSIONAL football :aok:

Spot on! :agree:

Chump
09-11-2013, 05:59 PM

P*SH thread......i don't go to a football game to be impressed and entertained by a manager sitting in a dug out!! I don't stay away because money is tight and I don't stay away cause I canny afford a warm jacket and gloves.

I stay away cause the football is utter sh*te and I'd prefer to spend my well earned time off from work at the weekend in many other ways.....this type of thread is simply annoying!!

Good luck to you and hats off for your persistence in going but just because you go doesn't mean you love Hibs any more than I do!!

GreenCastle
09-11-2013, 06:00 PM

Well said :agree:

Fans are being taken for ride and I blame Fenlon - the players and RP still for appointing Fenlon.

CHANGE IS NEEDED - CHANGE WHICH IS LONG OVERDUE AT ER...if Butcher can't achieve it I believe the core of Hibs is well and truly rotten.

patch1875
09-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Can't be arsed anymore.

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 06:01 PM

That is a post. 100% agree, well said!

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2013, 06:07 PM
i really do feel for the wee weans going to ER, i really do, any young ones that started going in the last 2/3 years must be wondering wtf it's all about :bitchy: how the level of quality has been brought down is nothing short of shameful....hang yer heads in shame whoever is responsible :agree: teams used to be feart of a visit to ER....now they rub their hands in anticipation...shameful

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Fenlon isn't out yet. His style of football was very evident today.

Fenlon will be out when his tactics and style of football are out.

Andy74
09-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Fenlon isn't out yet. His style of football was very evident today.

Fenlon will be out when his tactics and style of football are out.

I see this is the new thing today after we've probably got worse over the last two weeks.

For the past few weeks or months it's been the argument that all that was needed was getting Fenlon out and anyone could get the set up just a bit more attacking and it would be job done.

IWasThere2016
09-11-2013, 06:19 PM
I had planned to go today but - efter the Hearts game - I decided to treat two colleagues to a game of golf on the Links.

They made up a fourball, and me and one of them (he shot -1 gross) got pumped 4 and 3 .. good company, good golf, good food and drink.

I think I made the right call.

Alfred E Newman
09-11-2013, 06:19 PM
P*SH thread......i don't go to a football game to be impressed and entertained by a manager sitting in a dug out!! I don't stay away because money is tight and I don't stay away cause I canny afford a warm jacket and gloves.

I stay away cause the football is utter sh*te and I'd prefer to spend my well earned time off from work at the weekend in many other ways.....this type of thread is simply annoying!!

Good luck to you and hats off for your persistence in going but just because you go doesn't mean you love Hibs any more than I do!!

If you are that disinterested, why are you on here?

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 06:20 PM
I see this is the new thing today after we've probably got worse over the last two weeks.

For the past few weeks or months it's been the argument that all that was needed was getting Fenlon out and anyone could get the set up just a bit more attacking and it would be job done.

How has it been any worse Andy?

Inverness hammered us all over the park today, no differently than they did last time we played them when Fenlon was in charge.

Fans won't be back until things pick up. Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant. That's just the way it is.

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 06:21 PM

So soon as Fenlon took over no one said CC has left his imprint on the squad no?? Course they did....You need to stop defending him when it's clear he's left us with a crap team simple as that. No pace, no urgency, no shooting all which was the same under 2 yrs of Fenlon.

Andy74
09-11-2013, 06:22 PM
How has it been any worse Andy?

Inverness hammered us all over the park today, no differently than they did last time we played them when Fenlon was in charge.

Fans won't be back until things pick up. Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant. That's just the way it is.

Ah, it's until things pick up now is it ? Fantastic.

hihohibby
09-11-2013, 06:23 PM

:top marks Well articulated. saved me the bother of posting.

hibbill2002
09-11-2013, 06:27 PM
If you are that disinterested, why are you on here?

Why are you? Trumpet!

O'Rourke3
09-11-2013, 06:28 PM
My take on today was we are worse under Nicholl than we ever were under Fenlon. Today's performance should put an end to the theory that those times this season we have played well, JN was the reason.
I would like to know who made the changes at half time as the two who were lifted were easily the worst two in the first half. That level of observation has so far been missing this season where we have persisted when it was going wrong.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2013, 06:31 PM
I decided not to bother getting a season ticket this season, mainly because of the football on offer and the games getting changed to Sundays or Mondays. My season ticket was not worth it anymore, and i decided i'd just pay at the gate when going.

I went to Malmo and then the home game, i then decided i wouldn't be going back in a hurry. I was not boycotting Fenlon, i was just not bothered about travelling the distance and taking the time out my day to watch pish.

I went last week against the gimps, and that did nothing to whet my appetite again, and i couldnt tell you when i will be back, although funny enough i looked at train prices on thursday and nearly bought them.

That was a right good escape, glad i never bothered and lucky or unlucky i managed to watch it on the tv.

You and others may not like it, but it gets easier and easier each week you dont go, and obviously its a huge worry for the management at Easter Road.

As i said before, i'm not boycotting, i'm just not tempted to spend my time and money on that kind of pish.

Done that and got the T shirt, not anymore.

Greencore
09-11-2013, 06:31 PM

Great post!

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 06:33 PM
My take on today was we are worse under Nicholl than we ever were under Fenlon. Today's performance should put an end to the theory that those times this season we have played well, JN was the reason.
I would like to know who made the changes at half time as the two who were lifted were easily the worst two in the first half. That level of observation has so far been missing this season where we have persisted when it was going wrong.

A good manager doesn't allow his assistant manager to make all the wrong decisions for him.

If Nicholl was at the heart of all the poor tactics and substiutions, then why didn't Fenlon grow a back bone and take charge of the situation himself?

I think Nicholl just isn't a very good manager so is trying to play it safe by sticking with Fenlons tactics until Butcher steps in.

Www1875hfc
09-11-2013, 06:41 PM

:agree:
Good post.

MSK
09-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Ah, it's until things pick up now is it ? Fantastic.Andy move on ffs ..do you honestly think fans will pack the place to the rafters week in week out watching the team playing pub standard football ..get real mate !! 8700 plus ..today ..generous crowd considering ..that team out there should be thankful 8700 plus actually bothered their ****ing ***** because they obviously don't !!!

Butcher has a massive job in turning this lot around & fair play to him in accepting this challenge ..we have lost thousands of loyal fans over the years & are losing more as the weeks go by ..

The Green Goblin
09-11-2013, 06:42 PM

We don`t have a new manager yet, so judging whether a new man can improve us obviously can`t happen until there is and we see what he does.

Gus
09-11-2013, 06:43 PM

Sit in pub watching SSN with Jeff.....ALOT more entertaining

erskine-hibby
09-11-2013, 06:47 PM

This needs posting on the changing room, training ground and anywhere else it could possibly be viewed.

Hiber-nation
09-11-2013, 06:49 PM

But more than this it's the type of player he signed, leaving us with no pace whatsoever....diabolical that we should end up in a state like this. Look at the stadium with 10 mins to go....never seen so many walking out since the tail end of Calderwood's reign.

TornadoHibby
09-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Ah, it's until things pick up now is it ? Fantastic.

It's always been that as a (good, skilled and experienced) new man will take time to get these guys properly SPFl+ fit, tactically organised and playing as a team for and with each other, determined to win each and every game no matter the opposition or venue! :agree:

You let yourself down seriously by even suggesting that anyone on here is stupid enough to suggest let alone believe that Fenlon leaving would make a magical difference (for the better in a significant way) to the product on the park week in, week out and the match results! :rolleyes:

I just don't get why you feel it's even worth the waste of time to post that kind of stuff actually! :confused:

h1bs4life
09-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Don't blame anyone for not going today was only there because I have season ticket. The last home game at Easter Road nearly 13000 Hibs fans were there only to get another kick in the hee haws. Thankfully since then Fenlon has gone hopefully it will be Butcher that will take over. Inverness were that far ahead of us today it was embarrassing. Don't buy into this we have a decent squad nonsense,.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2013, 06:53 PM

Not from me, your man has brought eye bleeding football as bad as anything SOME of us have witnessed in their Hibs supporting life.

8700 fans today, do you wonder why Andy?

BSEJVT
09-11-2013, 07:18 PM
I decided not to bother getting a season ticket this season, mainly because of the football on offer and the games getting changed to Sundays or Mondays. My season ticket was not worth it anymore, and i decided i'd just pay at the gate when going.

I went to Malmo and then the home game, i then decided i wouldn't be going back in a hurry. I was not boycotting Fenlon, i was just not bothered about travelling the distance and taking the time out my day to watch pish.

I went last week against the gimps, and that did nothing to whet my appetite again, and i couldnt tell you when i will be back, although funny enough i looked at train prices on thursday and nearly bought them.

That was a right good escape, glad i never bothered and lucky or unlucky i managed to watch it on the tv.

You and others may not like it, but it gets easier and easier each week you dont go, and obviously its a huge worry for the management at Easter Road.

As i said before, i'm not boycotting, i'm just not tempted to spend my time and money on that kind of pish.

Done that and got the T shirt, not anymore.

Spot on

2 or 3 years ago I waded through snow for 3 hours and back to see the new year derby

Today I was offered complimentary tickets for the game and having the choice of going or watching sky sports news opted for the latter.

It's going to take a lot to rekindle people's desire to go back and I am sad to say it will take a substantially different squad of players to do so.

Thanks for everything Pat!

Velma Dinkley
09-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Fans like andy74 are the reason I started supporting hibs. It would have been easy to support rangers or Celtic like all my friends, but the hibees I knew really loved the club, were supportive and reasonable. You could have a good conversation with them about football. If hibs lost, it wasn't the end of the world. They would talk about how good the opposition were and how we could improve. it was a very refreshing change from the old firm fans who spouted non-stop, inane, hate-filled pish. Unfortunately, some hibs fans have become like this. It makes coming to this message board an unpleasant experience. It makes going to games an unpleasant experience. We have a few problems but these fans are a significant one and they are in complete denial if the problem they are. If you love hibs why try to convince people not to support us? Makes no sense.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Not been an uber fan thread for a while!

heid the baw
09-11-2013, 07:40 PM

Last season I was watching Griffiths & Doyle, this season I am offered Vine & Collins.
No longer will I pay good money to watch decidedly average players serving up turgid football.

It really is that simple.

allezsauzee
09-11-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm a season ticket holder and live just over the road from the stadium but quite honestly I think I'll be considering giving the game a bodyswerve whenever there's decent racing on now that the jumps season is back! Today's offering was truly awful and we weren't really much be better against Aberdeen. Apart from the fact that it's not the cheapest day out, people have better things to do on a Saturday and if Scottish football (not just Hibs) doesn't wake up to this soon, it's going to die.

Golden Bear
09-11-2013, 07:53 PM
In the case of supporting a fitba team absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder, it means that the habit was broken and it becomes easier to find other things to do. An average of two shots at goal and maybe a corner kick in 90 mins of boredom is unlikely to entice the disillusioned fans back.

allezsauzee
09-11-2013, 08:07 PM
In the case of supporting a fitba team absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder, it means that the habit was broken and it becomes easier to find other things to do. An average of two shots at goal and maybe a corner kick in 90 mins of boredom is unlikely to entice the disillusioned fans back.

Correct and if supporters don't have cup final tickets as an incentive to buy a season ticket for next season, they are going to need something to make them think it's going to be worthwhile shelling out 400 sheets next summer. Once people get out of the habit of going every week, it becomes easier and easier give the game a miss.

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Fans like andy74 are the reason I started supporting hibs. It would have been easy to support rangers or Celtic like all my friends, but the hibees I knew really loved the club, were supportive and reasonable. You could have a good conversation with them about football. If hibs lost, it wasn't the end of the world. They would talk about how good the opposition were and how we could improve. it was a very refreshing change from the old firm fans who spouted non-stop, inane, hate-filled pish. Unfortunately, some hibs fans have become like this. It makes coming to this message board an unpleasant experience. It makes going to games an unpleasant experience. We have a few problems but these fans are a significant one and they are in complete denial if the problem they are. If you love hibs why try to convince people not to support us? Makes no sense.

Message boards are all about voicing opinions. It's nobody elses problem if you find it to be unpleasant or not.

People aren't angry at the club out of hate. They're angry because they care too much and want this club so badly to succeed and fulfil its own potential. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with feeling that way.

Nobody is trying to convince anybody not to support the club. Those walking away because they can't bare to witness poor performance after poor performance are doing so on their own accord.

P.S Andy74 is the last person I would talk to in the pub about football. :wink:

stoneyburn hibs
09-11-2013, 08:40 PM

Think that you are a bit out of order, people have lots of reasons not to go, the main one just now being that the value for money/ football is dire.
Hibs will be doing well to keep the fans that have went all season, never mind the stay aways.

Hibeesforever
09-11-2013, 08:51 PM

Sorry mate but that argument is rubbish. What if every supporter took your attitude ? Exactly, there would be no money in Rod's tin to buy players with. During every new season there is a hierarchy of fans. If you can afford it but choose not to cough up because you "want" a winning team then you can not call yourself more of a supporter than someone who probably owns a season ticket!
Get yourself to ER to support the new manager.
My view is that armchair fairweather fans do not help the club.

Alfred E Newman
09-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Think that you are a bit out of order, people have lots of reasons not to go, the main one just now being that the value for money/ football is dire.
Hibs will be doing well to keep the fans that have went all season, never mind the stay aways.

I agree the football is dire, I stuck it out for 80 mins today. The point I was making has been proved by the answers. Countless posters on here were saying that as long as Fenlon was there they were not going back. Now he has gone they are coming up with another excuse and I don't suppose you can blame them. I will keep going in the hope that the next manager will be able to turn things around give us some long awaited success though I am afraid on today's display it is going to be a tall order.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-11-2013, 09:32 PM

Absolutely great post, everything you mentioned is spot on:top marks:agree:

NOLA
09-11-2013, 10:12 PM

post of the year, well said. :top marks

Beefster
09-11-2013, 10:14 PM

My mate took his missus leaving him for another woman better than you've taken Fenlon leaving Hibs.

FitbaFolkKen
09-11-2013, 10:22 PM

Why should anyone need to justify not going to the football on a Saturday? Especially to you?

I earned it. i'll spend it as i see fit, thanks.

stoneyburn hibs
09-11-2013, 10:24 PM
I agree the football is dire, I stuck it out for 80 mins today. The point I was making has been proved by the answers. Countless posters on here were saying that as long as Fenlon was there they were not going back. Now he has gone they are coming up with another excuse and I don't suppose you can blame them. I will keep going in the hope that the next manager will be able to turn things around give us some long awaited success though I am afraid on today's display it is going to be a tall order.

I think the number of those that wont be back till Fenlon is gone is not a lot really.
80 minutes is when i gave up the ghost too.

JMac
09-11-2013, 10:28 PM
I was at the game today, but I do not even question why people wouldn't go to watch hibs just now. We are a brutal team, poorly set up, with poor tactics and very low confidence. What really is the point in a thread like this? Turning on each other as fans? Trying to get a few laughs? Pathetic. Thread Closed.

silverhibee
09-11-2013, 10:32 PM

Went to watch Liverpool vs Fulham instead, as i watch the Hibs game just now on Alba it seems i made the correct choice to go to Liverpool.

silverhibee
09-11-2013, 10:35 PM

Have a walnut whip mate. :greengrin Spot on with what you say.

Spike Mandela
09-11-2013, 10:40 PM

Surprise surprise!

Tinribs
09-11-2013, 10:43 PM
In reply to the OP, Hibs are Rafael Scheidt to watch at the moment, truly horrible cringe-worthy stuff.

But i have noticed a trend lately, people giving Andy74 a hard time for his views on PF, a couple here too. I thought personal attack, even overt, was a strict no-no here.

The cretins over on Kickback do that sort of thing all the time, well, when i have read their threads anyway. For comedy value usually :greengrin

judas
09-11-2013, 10:45 PM

Sanctimonious ponce.

SuperAllyMcleod
09-11-2013, 10:48 PM

Absolutely spot on - I fully expect Terry Butcher to have seen most of this from the stand today, after all, everyone else can see it.

The players are in for a shock next week.

eastterrace
09-11-2013, 10:59 PM

yes lets all be like you mate and stop going, cause if we do then we wont have a fitba team left, then we wont have a club to love, anyway you do what you like doing at the week end and well keep going and supporting this great club through the bad times so punters like you can come along when the good times return

FitbaFolkKen
09-11-2013, 11:29 PM
yes lets all be like you mate and stop going, cause if we do then we wont have a fitba team left, then we wont have a club to love, anyway you do what you like doing at the week end and well keep going and supporting this great club through the bad times so punters like you can come along when the good times return

He never said everyone should do what he is doing, he just gave the reason why he didn't go. You've no idea of the extent he has supported Hibs in the past, as neither do I, so I would suggest you get off your high horse with regard the superfan statements.

This thread should probably be closed, it's begging for another superfan debate/argument.

kaimendhibs
09-11-2013, 11:32 PM

10/10

Sent from my iphone

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2013, 02:00 AM

Ru for real?? We have a squad overloaded with slow crab like central midfielders and devoid of any pace and width!! Fenlon is 100% responsible for this...nobody else!! Get a grip man...he's gone thank f###.

cabbageandribs1875
10-11-2013, 02:42 AM
Sorry mate but that argument is rubbish. What if every supporter took your attitude ? Exactly, there would be no money in Rod's tin to buy players with. During every new season there is a hierarchy of fans. If you can afford it but choose not to cough up because you "want" a winning team then you can not call yourself more of a supporter than someone who probably owns a season ticket!
Get yourself to ER to support the new manager.
My view is that armchair fairweather fans do not help the club.

incredible, i suggest you ask RP just how important fairweather/walk-up fans are, go on...ask him

Steve-O
10-11-2013, 02:42 AM
There's only so much boring turgid crap that fans will put up with. The best part of 5 years of it is probably enough for the missing thousands and who can blame them?

Even Alex Miller's brand of fitba was better than most of the games I've managed to see since leaving Edinburgh.

kennyh
10-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Cost kept me away, £46 for me and the two bairns.

ALF TUPPER
10-11-2013, 07:14 AM
I said a couple of weeks ago that I wouldn't go back until PF was gone. Didn't need an excuse and dont really need to justify it . However, the reasons were there for everyone to see at ER . After 54 years even I'd had enough. I stopped going. I never thought I would stop supporting them ever more !,,
( even for a few weeks ).
I've seen some great football by Hibs teams over the years and some dross and kept coming back for more. But what I have witnessed recently has been eye bleedingly awful. I needed time out.

Now, I don't think the players are all bad. I've no doubt messrs Butcher, Malpas and Brownlie can sort things out and give us a quality team. if they come to E R, this week, then hopefully in the January window, they'll get some new signings to replace under achievers.

PF has gone ........ so I went back yesterday as I said I would. My expectation levels are zero at the moment ( a bit like the teams confidence) . Hopefully, TB, MP & the great JB will arrive and they'll instil some belief in the team and get us winning.

Supporters will drift back if there is something worth watching.

I dont blame anyone who stayed away yesterday. They maybe found other things to do with their money. I did when I didn't go to ER. I took the grandkids out to places where I got great value for money and shared some great time. Something we aren't getting at Easter Rd.

It's up to RP and the board to provide us with a team worth watching. Just worth watching and competing well just now would be nice. ( If we do that the points/wins will come ) .........A team that isnt lying down to every other team who visits ER as we have frequently done.

To those of you who continued going over the past weeks. Well done everyone. You have my admiration for your extreme loyalty.

Anyhoo, I bounced back after my "Hibby holiday" in hope that the team will do too.

Me, ..........i just can't stay away.

GGTTH

BroxburnHibee
10-11-2013, 07:19 AM

And me - I just don't have enough disposable income to waste it on Hibs at the moment. I still go to the odd game but reading the boards this season it's obvious I'm not missing much.

Scottish football is a vastly over priced product for what's on offer and it seems it relies on blind loyalty as a basis for a business plan.

IMO something is gonna give eventually.

Pretty Boy
10-11-2013, 07:24 AM

I must admit this month is the 1st time i have really grudged the £30+ DD coming out my bank account for the payment plan.

Chuck Rhoades
10-11-2013, 07:25 AM

Petrie is still there.

Chump
10-11-2013, 07:54 AM

Heartfelt statement.....but I won't lose a wink of sleep tonight!!

I'm glad Hibs have supporters like you who sacrifice yourself for guys like me and my family.....I'll jump on the bandwagon soon, I promise.

edinburghhibee
10-11-2013, 08:04 AM

I went yesterday and used my season ticket for the first time this season. Wish I hadn't bothered. Shocking performance. ICT were a joy to watch however and they are everything we aren't. Pacy, creative, strong and organised if butcher can turn our wasters into that type of team he deserves to be knighted!!

Aldo
10-11-2013, 08:11 AM
TH first off mate what a superb post.

Everything absolutely spot on.

I really do hope TB and his crew get torn right in about these underachieving uninterested wastes of space.

This is their job.... I believe that they should bust an absolute gut every single time the cross that line into the pitch wearing the jersey.

For me too many players taking it for granted and that for me shows they don't care.

For the fans that keep going - well done but there will come a time where enough will be enough.

edinburghhibee
10-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Does anyone know was the mass walkout on 80 minutes by the singing section organised or was it just coincidence they all emptied out together.

CorrieHibs
10-11-2013, 08:33 AM

A colleague of mines has friends at the club and said training was so laid back it was like training with a part time club. Some of these players won't be able to handle butchers training. Which is a good thing, we'll get rid of the wage thieves.

AlbertK86
10-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Andy move on ffs ..do you honestly think fans will pack the place to the rafters week in week out watching the team playing pub standard football ..get real mate !! 8700 plus ..today ..generous crowd considering ..that team out there should be thankful 8700 plus actually bothered their ****ing ***** because they obviously don't !!! Butcher has a massive job in turning this lot around & fair play to him in accepting this challenge ..we have lost thousands of loyal fans over the years & are losing more as the weeks go by ..

Yep thousands over the last few years

So is that all down to Fenlon ... Clearly not

Yep we have been dire under him. Griffiths gave us some entertainment last season but this has been going on for years

The problem clearly lies deeper than just the managers

Rod has too much power ... Full stop

Before everybody shouts he's kept us afloat ....

Sorry the fact our scouting system and youth development was so good 10 years ago was what put us on a sound financial footing

I am hopeful however that IF terry butcher is the man to come in he does not appear to be a man who will accept any **** from anybody including Petrie

Hopefully he is a success and Rod backs him 100% .... We have said for the last few managers that if it doesn't work out then RPs time is up.

Unfortunately there is just an apathy and acceptance that he will stay until he decides

Judas Iscariot
10-11-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm a ST holder that didn't go..

In actual fact, I've not used it at all this season!

Numerous reasons, the main one being the football on offer is utterly pathetic, slow, boring, unimaginative & far too negative...

Coupled with the fact my 1st child was born in April & I prefer to spend my Saturdays off with her, going to ER is way down on my list of interests/priorities just now!

Fenlon's reign has detached a HUGE amount of loyal Hibs fans from the club & obliterated masses of "swithering" supporters!

5-1, 3-0, 9-0, the AWFUL home record & this seasons 2 derbies have just been too much to take for some!

Now the cold weather is here & Xmas is fast approaching, unless TB or whoever the new manager is can turn this dire side round quickly, crowds will plummet to decade lows IMO

Jim44
10-11-2013, 09:30 AM
At my age, quality of life and how I spend my leisure time is important to me. Dragging myself round a freezing wet golf course, invariably playing badly, happens to be more appealing to me than going to watch the expensive dross that's served up at ER for years. For years now I've picked and chosen the games I go to and I suppose in the eyes of diehards and uberfans, I don't qualify for the name 'supporter' . Tough. I had, have and always will have strong feelings for Hibs but how I manifest those feelings is my decision and my business. And, yes, I'm happy to be slotted into the file of those who will go to games when the product improves. And yes I know I be continually told that the product won't /can't improve if folk like me don't throw our cash at the club. I don't buy into that excuse but if there is any truth in the theory I reckon my visits to ER in the future will be even fewer and far between. I certainly won't be blackmailed and shamed into rushing back because of the opinions of others.

FitbaFolkKen
10-11-2013, 06:03 PM
At my age, quality of life and how I spend my leisure time is important to me. Dragging myself round a freezing wet golf course, invariably playing badly, happens to be more appealing to me than going to watch the expensive dross that's served up at ER for years. For years now I've picked and chosen the games I go to and I suppose in the eyes of diehards and uberfans, I don't qualify for the name 'supporter' . Tough. I had, have and always will have strong feelings for Hibs but how I manifest those feelings is my decision and my business. And, yes, I'm happy to be slotted into the file of those who will go to games when the product improves. And yes I know I be continually told that the product won't /can't improve if folk like me don't throw our cash at the club. I don't buy into that excuse but if there is any truth in the theory I reckon my visits to ER in the future will be even fewer and far between. I certainly won't be blackmailed and shamed into rushing back because of the opinions of others.

:top marks

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2013, 06:08 PM

:top marks

Thats all it is, an excuse. ICT manage to do pretty well with crowds of around 3000, St Johnstone and Motherwell manage well enough on much lower crowds than we average, although the way things are going we might be a lot closer to their crowds pretty soon if Butcher cant get the club back playing better stuff.

Greenblood70
10-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Paid for a season ticket last two seasons that I've used less than 50% of the time.

Hibs are ****ing ***** from top to bottom and no amount of über fannies will make a bit of difference in convincing me to go to watch the current bunch of *****bags.

Followed much worse Hibs teams home and away over the years but the current administration at Hibs have bored me into submission. It just doesn't feel like the club I used to love so much anymore. It's not like the Board weren't warned repeatedly that long term fans were drifting away either.

Nailrod
11-11-2013, 08:03 AM
What was your new excuse today? Don't fancy Butcher, too cauld I want Summer fitba, too expensive with Christmas coming up, rather spend my money in the pub or some other reason?I couldn't be ersed because the football's keech, and has been for years. What was your excuse for going? Did you think we might manage a third home league win this year? Really? Hang on while I :not worth you...

Coco Bryce
11-11-2013, 08:06 AM

I feel exactly the same. Good post Jim44 :top marks

cabbageandribs1875
11-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Paid for a season ticket last two seasons that I've used less than 50% of the time.

Hibs are ****ing ***** from top to bottom and no amount of über fannies will make a bit of difference in convincing me to go to watch the current bunch of *****bags.

Followed much worse Hibs teams home and away over the years but the current administration at Hibs have bored me into submission. It just doesn't feel like the club I used to love so much anymore. It's not like the Board weren't warned repeatedly that long term fans were drifting away either.

and if they dared start a thread on here about it they got ridiculed by a few..told to stay away and that the club doesn't need fans like them....i've only started drifting back myself the last 2 years and as each poor result occurs i wonder which fans leaving ER will be back again....lost forever

southsider
11-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Everyone and his dug knew we were going to loose to ict but the fact that the fans accepted that is really worrying. TB has a huge job on his hands and Petrie had better back him to the hilt. He has to get them fit first and foremost and come the window get some players with pace.

Alfred E Newman
11-11-2013, 11:44 AM
I couldn't be ersed because the football's keech, and has been for years. What was your excuse for going? Did you think we might manage a third home league win this year? Really? Hang on while I :not worth you...

If we all took that attitude , other than the away fans, there would be nobody there.
For what it's worth I used my season ticket and went in the hope that there might have been some positive response from the players as we are about to enter yet another new dawn. It didn't happen but I will keep going in the hope that better time are ahead under the next regime with hopefully a better style of football than the turgid stuff we were subjected to under Fenlon
I don't really need saluted for that, nor do the other 8000 nor do they need your snide comments.
It's our choice to go along just as its your choice to stay away .

inglisavhibs
11-11-2013, 11:49 AM

I was at the game Malcolm, but you can't blame anybody for not going to watch the dire stuff being served up. Let's hope Butcher gets the job and starts the big task of puting a team on the park worth watching.

The Green Goblin
11-11-2013, 01:44 PM
If we all took that attitude , other than the away fans, there would be nobody there.
For what it's worth I used my season ticket and went in the hope that there might have been some positive response from the players as we are about to enter yet another new dawn. It didn't happen but I will keep going in the hope that better time are ahead under the next regime with hopefully a better style of football than the turgid stuff we were subjected to under Fenlon
I don't really need saluted for that, nor do the other 8000 nor do they need your snide comments.

A bit rich to complain about snide comments given the tone of your op malcom, no?

Baldy Foghorn
11-11-2013, 02:19 PM

Knickers......You love Hibs that much that you choose not to go?

hibbill2002
11-11-2013, 03:05 PM

:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

Alfred E Newman
11-11-2013, 04:57 PM
A bit rich to complain about snide comments given the tone of your op malcom, no?

Ridiculing people for going to watch the Hibs surely can't be compared with ridiculing people for not going but I take your point.

Hibercelona
11-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Ridiculing people for going to watch the Hibs surely can't be compared with ridiculing people for not going but I take your point.

Yes it can.

Ridiculing any fellow fan, simply because they're tired of forking out large sums of money for ****, doesn't earn you any fan points.

Perhaps you make more money than some other people and can afford the luxery of forking out a premium for such poor quality. But others can't and won't. It doesn't make them any less of a fan than you are.

carnoustiehibee
11-11-2013, 05:14 PM

Being financially better off and have less priorities on a sat doesn't make you a better fan than others.

Niffy
11-11-2013, 05:16 PM
I was never a "won't go back until Fenlons out" person... I'm a wedding photographer so work most Saturdays.
But I'm done until March now.

Have to say though, there was no way I'd get freezing cold after driving in from Dunbar to watch the stuff Fenlon was churning out, so I'm hoping to have a reason to get wrapped up every second Saturday...

jon paul jones
11-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Message boards are all about voicing opinions. It's nobody elses problem if you find it to be unpleasant or not.

People aren't angry at the club out of hate. They're angry because they care too much and want this club so badly to succeed and fulfil its own potential. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with feeling that way.

Nobody is trying to convince anybody not to support the club. Those walking away because they can't bare to witness poor performance after poor performance are doing so on their own accord.

P.S Andy74 is the last person I would talk to in the pub about football. :wink:

I'd have to agree with the post entirely. I'm an analytical git when it comes to most things so can usually justify any poor performance or seven. Very angry after the game and that's three really poor performances. If Hibs play like they did on Saturday against ICT through December, i'd say they are up for relegation regardless of situations elsewhere.

Saying that, I've just justified to the missus that i'll be off to Paisley a week on Saturday for my first away game of the season

A fool and his money..............and all that :wtf:

Jonnyboy
11-11-2013, 07:18 PM
I realise there are lots of reasons for fans not going and I totally accept their right to make that choice. n What I find hard to take in is the snide comments about folk's supposedly blind loyalty and that because we choose to keep going we are clearly deranged.

This is gonna sound a bit sad but the truth is I'm a Hibs fan. Not a Petrie fan, not a Fenlon fan when he was here, not a TB fan or a fan of who follows him next. I support the team and that's why I go and suffer the dross week after week, because Hibs are my team

Billy Whizz
11-11-2013, 07:22 PM
I realise there are lots of reasons for fans not going and I totally accept their right to make that choice. n What I find hard to take in is the snide comments about folk's supposedly blind loyalty and that because we choose to keep going we are clearly deranged.

This is gonna sound a bit sad but the truth is I'm a Hibs fan. Not a Petrie fan, not a Fenlon fan when he was here, not a TB fan or a fan of who follows him next. I support the team and that's why I go and suffer the dross week after week, because Hibs are my team

Jonnyboy, you're right, but sometimes you need a little lift. I came home on Saturday after the game and said I wasn't going to the cup game v Ross county. Saturday was so bad, that even I'd had enough. I'm sure Terry coming in will give the whole place a lift, and I'll be in next week to get my tickets!

hibbill2002
11-11-2013, 07:30 PM

The OP was a snide comment, that's what I find hard to take. I've not seen any comment saying folk like yourself are deranged. I've stopped going for 40 years, loads of times. Hibs are still MY team.

Jonnyboy
11-11-2013, 07:32 PM
The OP was a snide comment, that's what I find hard to take. I've not seen any comment saying folk like yourself are deranged. I've stopped going for 40 years, loads of times. Hibs are still MY team.

Deranged was my choice of word to save me writing somehow lacking in intelligence :greengrin

snooky
11-11-2013, 07:38 PM

As a serial plagiarist, at my age, quality of life and how I spend my leisure time is important to me. Dragging myself round a freezing wet golf course, invariably playing badly, happens to be more appealing to me than going to watch the expensive dross that's served up at ER for years. For years now I've picked and chosen the games I go to and I suppose in the eyes of diehards and uberfans, I don't qualify for the name 'supporter' . Tough. I had, have and always will have strong feelings for Hibs but how I manifest those feelings is my decision and my business. And, yes, I'm happy to be slotted into the file of those who will go to games when the product improves. And yes I know I be continually told that the product won't /can't improve if folk like me don't throw our cash at the club. I don't buy into that excuse but if there is any truth in the theory I reckon my visits to ER in the future will be even fewer and far between. I certainly won't be blackmailed and shamed into rushing back because of the opinions of others.

staunchhibby
11-11-2013, 08:08 PM
I am a hibby through and through and will continue to go to the games.:flag:

Alfred E Newman
11-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Yes it can.

Ridiculing any fellow fan, simply because they're tired of forking out large sums of money for ****, doesn't earn you any fan points.

Perhaps you make more money than some other people and can afford the luxery of forking out a premium for such poor quality. But others can't and won't. It doesn't make them any less of a fan than you are.

I said I took the point and apologies to any of you non attenders if you have taken offence. Hopefully some of you will find your way back to Easter Road on a regular basis in the near future because like it or not without income coming through the turnstiles the club will continue to struggle to balance the books. I would imagine this weeks events have cost the club a fortune.
And by the way, my OAP season ticket+ top up cost me the princely sum of £180 so maybe I am lucky.

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2013, 08:18 PM
I think those folk who continue to go each and every week deserve a medal, i really do. :top marks

Jonnyboy
11-11-2013, 08:19 PM
I think those folk who continue to go each and every week deserve a medal, i really do. :top marks

Why d'you think Gary Mackay goes to watch Hearts every week G? :wink:

The Green Goblin
11-11-2013, 08:22 PM

I would never ridicule either group tbh. I admire those that go come what may and I totally understand why some people have had enough. I am not in the uk, but I watch every game online and arrange stuff around it. I feel for all supporters, whether they go or not. It's not been a good last wee while. Here's hoping all this will soon be behind us and things pick up. Cheers.

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Why d'you think Gary Mackay goes to watch Hearts every week G? :wink:

:greengrin

--------
11-11-2013, 09:21 PM

Petrie is still there.

Exactly, Bouncer.

Petrie's still there and until HE's gone I don't believe anything's really going to change ....

greenpaper55
11-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Who knows , maybe there will be more changes announced tomorrow than just the new manager !, we can live in hope that RP will take a back seat and a director of football appointed.

--------
11-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Who knows , maybe there will be more changes announced tomorrow than just the new manager !, we can live in hope that RP will take a back seat and a director of football appointed.

It's not Christmas yet, mate. :wink:

Hibercelona
11-11-2013, 11:08 PM
I said I took the point and apologies to any of you non attenders if you have taken offence. Hopefully some of you will find your way back to Easter Road on a regular basis in the near future because like it or not without income coming through the turnstiles the club will continue to struggle to balance the books. I would imagine this weeks events have cost the club a fortune.
And by the way, my OAP season ticket+ top up cost me the princely sum of £180 so maybe I am lucky.

I never said anything about being a "non attender". I still attend Hibs matches. I just don't attend all of them.

Me (and I imagine a lot of other fans) couldn't care less about "balancing the books". I'm not entertained by balance sheet figures, i'm entertained by the product on the park.

I'm sure if the board were getting desperate due to the lack of revenue, it would force them to take the playing side far more seriously.

spike220
11-11-2013, 11:36 PM
I cant wait to get back to Easter Road!

GGTTH

:thumbsup:

Nailrod
12-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Exactly, Bouncer.

Petrie's still there and until HE's gone I don't believe anything's really going to change ....

Butcher will be unveiled as our new boss today. Strikes me we might have been better off poaching the Caley chairman as:

1. He manages to 'balance the books' too
2. He manages to do that on less than half the crowds that turn up to watch Hibs
3. He manages to do it without turning his club into a six-year laughing stock on the football field

Any thoughts? (Apart of course that 'Rod is God' and 'yeah but no but he balances the books and all that....')

Nailrod
12-11-2013, 12:22 AM
Why d'you think Gary Mackay goes to watch Hearts every week G? :wink:In the last couple of weeks Hearts have kicked Hibs ass at ER and Aberdeen's ass at Pittodrie. They scored as many goals in these two games as Hibs have managed at ER in the whole season (bottom of the second division clubs aside).

Seems to me Gary Mackay's got a bit more incentive to turn up at Tynecastle than I have to turn up at Easter Road. :confused:

silverhibee
12-11-2013, 11:20 AM

Half price ST for next season would be nice, if not defo 2 tickets for each ST holder for the SCF in May. :agree::greengrin

The day trippers just go and cause bother. :greengrin

PatHead
12-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Half price ST for next season would be nice, if not defo 2 tickets for each ST holder for the SCF in May. :agree::greengrin

The day trippers just go and cause bother. :greengrin

Only 2!!!!!!! No way. I should get as many as I want for Celtic Park this season. Ridiculous suggestion to only get 2.

--------
12-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Butcher will be unveiled as our new boss today. Strikes me we might have been better off poaching the Caley chairman as:

2. He manages to do that on less than half the crowds that turn up to watch Hibs
3. He manages to do it without turning his club into a six-year laughing stock on the football field

Any thoughts? (Apart of course that 'Rod is God' and 'yeah but no but he balances the books and all that....')

I like your thinking, young man.

I really hope that Butcher and Malpas succeed, but I have my doubts as long as the "God Petrie" is still around ER.

I really cannot fathom how so many seem to reckon that now we have a new management team (again!) everything's going to be lovely.

Petrie has presided over the worst period I can recall in the history of Hibernian - a period in which the club has declined from worthy (indeed, spectacular) League Cup winners to, as you say, a complete laughing-stock to the rest of Scottish football.

The turnover in players, coaches, assistant managers and managers has been spectacular to the point of being farcical. Hilarious, even, if it hadn't hurt so much. (The only folks not laughing are the poor bloody Hibs supporters who financed the process.)

The one common factor in the whole process, a process of slow and inexorable decline punctuated by some truly spectacular humiliations, is the "God Petrie", but hey, never mind, we're OK - we've got Big Tel and he's going to sort it all out.

I think the "God Pee" may be about to prove Abe Lincoln wrong - some people CAN fool all of the other people all of the time.

AND get away with it. :brickwall

The Green Goblin
12-11-2013, 02:06 PM
I like your thinking, young man.

I really hope that Butcher and Malpas succeed, but I have my doubts as long as the "God Petrie" is still around ER.

I really cannot fathom how so many seem to reckon that now we have a new management team (again!) everything's going to be lovely.

Petrie has presided over the worst period I can recall in the history of Hibernian - a period in which the club has declined from worthy (indeed, spectacular) League Cup winners to, as you say, a complete laughing-stock to the rest of Scottish football.

The turnover in players, coaches, assistant managers and managers has been spectacular to the point of being farcical. Hilarious, even, if it hadn't hurt so much. (The only folks not laughing are the poor bloody Hibs supporters who financed the process.)

The one common factor in the whole process, a process of slow and inexorable decline punctuated by some truly spectacular humiliations, is the "God Petrie", but hey, never mind, we're OK - we've got Big Tel and he's going to sort it all out.

I think the "God Pee" may be about to prove Abe Lincoln wrong - some people CAN fool all of the other people all of the time.

AND get away with it. :brickwall

Petrie at Butcher's press Conference (from the official site): "we've appointed a first class management team to deliver CONTINUED SUCCESS here at Hibernian".

It seems he doesn't agree with you Doddie :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
12-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Petrie at Butcher's press Conference (from the official site): "we've appointed a first class management team to deliver CONTINUED SUCCESS here at Hibernian".

"continued success"??? It's that sort of attitude that makes RP look smug, arrogant and aloof.....

hibsbollah
12-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Well said :agree:

Fans are being taken for ride and I blame Fenlon - the players and RP still for appointing Fenlon.

CHANGE IS NEEDED - CHANGE WHICH IS LONG OVERDUE AT ER...if Butcher can't achieve it I believe the core of Hibs is well and truly rotten.
'I blame Fenlon' :rolleyes:

Come on now. I was sick of his style of play too but hanging the fitness thing on him is just nonsense. Its been the same since year dot. The only glimmer of a change was under Collins early stewardship.

--------
12-11-2013, 03:29 PM

"Continued success"?????????????????????????????? :faf:

If the last six years have been a period of continued success then heaven help us if we ever have a bad spell?

What planet is he from? Mid-table to bottom half, two Cup Finals, horsed in both, and European qualifying ties with results ranging from utterly depressingly mediocre to nightmarish is success in the mind of the "God Petrie".

Is he channeling the Emperor Caligula? :brickwall

blackpoolhibs
12-11-2013, 03:31 PM
"Continued success"?????????????????????????????? :faf:

If the last six years have been a period of continued success then heaven help us if we ever have a bad spell?

What planet is he from? Mid-table to bottom half, two Cup Finals, horsed in both, and European qualifying ties with results ranging from utterly depressingly mediocre to nightmarish is success in the mind of the "God Petrie".

Is he channeling the Emperor Caligula? :brickwall

The way i read it was he's appointed him to give us continued success, not build on any success we are currently having? :confused:

Pretty Boy
12-11-2013, 03:34 PM
I interpreted the 'continued success' line as meaning long term success.

As in not a good 6 months then back to same old but rather a team that progresses and achieves on a consistent basis.

Surely if he was referring to a furtherance of current 'success' he would have used the term 'continuing success'?

Kaiser1962
12-11-2013, 03:35 PM

2012-2013 profitable for the first time in six years.

--------
12-11-2013, 03:37 PM
The way i read it was he's appointed him to give us continued success, not build on any success we are currently having? :confused:

I interpreted the 'continued success' line as meaning long term success.

As in not a good 6 months then back to same old but rather a team that progresses and achieves on a consistent basis.

Surely if he was referring to a furtherance of current 'success' he would have used the term 'continuing success'?

Who the freak knows what he meant. Does he?

I'll away and sacrifice a sheep and have a look at its innards. That'll maybe tell us what's in the God Pee's Great Mind. :devil:

hibsbollah
12-11-2013, 06:41 PM
I think the pitchforks need to be put away until we can learn to identify the continuous future tense :greengrin

Jonnyboy
12-11-2013, 07:07 PM
In the last couple of weeks Hearts have kicked Hibs ass at ER and Aberdeen's ass at Pittodrie. They scored as many goals in these two games as Hibs have managed at ER in the whole season (bottom of the second division clubs aside).

Seems to me Gary Mackay's got a bit more incentive to turn up at Tynecastle than I have to turn up at Easter Road. :confused:

You're right Mr Rod and I think you'll find I've never subscribed to the thought that we would gub them at any point.

Just as long as you know, you'll get no medal if you fail to turn up to watch the Hibees though :wink:

jabis
12-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Who the freak knows what he meant. Does he?

I'll away and sacrifice a sheep and have a look at its innards. That'll maybe tell us what's in the God Pee's Great Mind. :devil:

doddie,doddie,doddie.........you away and make your haggis.

Hibs......fantastic stadium,training facilities,PLAYERS and FAN base.

ITC....apart from some players....nowt !

One of the reasons it has happened (you following this ),is because we have a guy in charge who has more nous in his
mouser than you will achieve in movember.
YES ,fishing,and I got caught.

:cb:cb

Nailrod
12-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Hibs......fantastic stadium,training facilities,PLAYERS and FAN base...

One of the reasons it has happened (you following this ),is because we have a guy in charge who has more nous in his mouser than you will achieve in movember... I've seen some absurd claims advanced on behalf of the tache, but the idea that we had a fan base of, say, 3000 when he arrived, and we now have a fan base of, say, 30,000, thanks to his skills and diligence, goes beyond laughable.

The fact is that he has been in charge at Hibs for nearly as long as ICT have existed as a senior club. Over the same period of time that ICT have transformed themselves from new entrants to the bottom tier of the Scottish League to second in the SPL, the tache's sheer genius has transformed Hibs from a bunch of underperforming nonentities into... er... a bunch of underperforming nonentities.

I'll treat the suggestion that we have 'fantastic players' as a typo.

--------
12-11-2013, 08:38 PM
doddie,doddie,doddie.........you away and make your haggis.

Hibs......fantastic stadium,training facilities,PLAYERS and FAN base.

ITC....apart from some players....nowt !

One of the reasons it has happened (you following this ),is because we have a guy in charge who has more nous in his
mouser than you will achieve in movember.
YES ,fishing,and I got caught.

:cb:cb

jabis, jabis, jabis, jabis, jabis (see, I can be a patronising twat too)- Hibs, 21,000 seat stadium, 40% full last time out, rarely better than half full. State of the art training facilities, and probably the least fit and worst organised squad of players in the Scottish Premiership. Fantastic players? I must have missed those. The lot I've seen on TV recently moved like the walking wounded from the Battle of the Bulge - on the losing side. Hibs are a classic case of an organisation totally failing to make anything of the facilities available to it. If East mains and the stadium are so goo, why is the team so freakin awful?

We have a guy in charge who's great at developing real estate, but totally crap at providing a decent squad of players to play on that real estate; who's appointed 5 managers in 8 years, none of whom has been even marginally successful; and who's been steadily eroding our wonderful fan base from around 12,000 at the end of Mowbray's time to less than 9,000 now. (THat's the ones who're still prepared to turn up to sit in the cold and be bored silly by some of the worst football in living memory.

And you have absolutely no idea what I am capable of either in growing whiskers (full set, beard and moustache, since I was in Uni a long, long time ago) or in the way of "nous". At least I know that a football club exists for the team and the fans and not the balance sheet and the pretty grandstands.

Cfhibs
13-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Will all the fenlon bashers come back to the games?
ggtth

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Merge.

Hermit Crab
13-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Will all the fenlon bashers come back to the games?
ggtth

What do you think?

blackpoolhibs
13-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Will ABBA make a comeback?

Jonnyboy
13-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Move on. Pat has

Cfhibs
13-11-2013, 07:37 PM
What do you think?
I hope so they have done enough moaning . Time to stand up and be counted.
ggtth

Craig_in_Prague
13-11-2013, 07:44 PM
ggtth

Unhappy fans over pish underachieving depressing negative team, shock news

blackpoolhibs
13-11-2013, 07:53 PM
ggtth

Terry has answered our SOS, and if we can give him some money money money, there must be players out there who will ask Butcher to take a chance on me?

Hopefully that will be a goalscorer because thats the name of the game, get one of those in and the winner takes it all as far as i'm concerned.

Craig_in_Prague
13-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Terry has answered our SOS, and if we can give him some money money money, there must be players out there who will ask Butcher to take a chance on me?

Hopefully that will be a goalscorer because thats the name of the game, get one of those in and the winner takes it all as far as i'm concerned.

You think Rodders lives in a rich mans world?

blackpoolhibs
13-11-2013, 07:58 PM
You think Rodders lives in a rich mans world?

I do i do i do i do i do i do.

Alfred E Newman
13-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Unhappy fans over pish underachieving depressing negative team, shock news

New manager promises better times ahead. Fans still not happy shock.

Jonnyboy
13-11-2013, 08:02 PM
TB - Right Hanlon when you tackle him make sure he goes head over heels.

PH - But gaffer, according to some folk on Hibs net I'm a marionette

TB - Mamma Mia

BSEJVT
13-11-2013, 08:02 PM
jabis, jabis, jabis, jabis, jabis (see, I can be a patronising twat too)- Hibs, 21,000 seat stadium, 40% full last time out, rarely better than half full. State of the art training facilities, and probably the least fit and worst organised squad of players in the Scottish Premiership. Fantastic players? I must have missed those. The lot I've seen on TV recently moved like the walking wounded from the Battle of the Bulge - on the losing side. Hibs are a classic case of an organisation totally failing to make anything of the facilities available to it. If East mains and the stadium are so goo, why is the team so freakin awful?

We have a guy in charge who's great at developing real estate, but totally crap at providing a decent squad of players to play on that real estate; who's appointed 5 managers in 8 years, none of whom has been even marginally successful; and who's been steadily eroding our wonderful fan base from around 12,000 at the end of Mowbray's time to less than 9,000 now. (THat's the ones who're still prepared to turn up to sit in the cold and be bored silly by some of the worst football in living memory.

And you have absolutely no idea what I am capable of either in growing whiskers (full set, beard and moustache, since I was in Uni a long, long time ago) or in the way of "nous". At least I know that a football club exists for the team and the fans and not the balance sheet and the pretty grandstands.

I don't like how guys like you and guys on the other side of the debate polarise everything and present it as straight choice between Petrie is a twat or Petrie is God.

Has he got everything right? Goodness no

Has he got everything wrong? Goodness no

If he has been solely responsible for crowds falling from 12,000, surely he must also have been solely responsible for them rising to that?

The answer as ever lies in the middle, and since the only way he will leave ER is in a box or by retiring / moving to a SFA role, IMO it would be really good if both sides of the debate could put their feelings on him aside and focus their energy on supporting the manager , his assistants and the team, of which the team is the only thing that really matters.

When I go to the chippy for tea sometimes I don't give a stuff if the chippy is wrapped in the telegraph or the sun, its the supper inside that interests me.

Maybe if we all focussed on the supper and not the wrapper for a while and got behind the team, we would enjoy the "food" more and the relevance of the wrapper would diminish to the point that it was an irrelevance?

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
13-11-2013, 08:03 PM

TB - Mamma Mia

Admit it John, you googled them? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
13-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Admit it John, you googled them? :greengrin

Shhhhhh you :greengrin

BSEJVT
13-11-2013, 08:05 PM

TB - Mamma Mia

Enough of this pun nonsense already!

Does your Mother know that your out?

Jonnyboy
13-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Enough of this pun nonsense already!

Does your Mother know that your out?

Look out guys, we're under attack :greengrin

--------
13-11-2013, 08:12 PM
I don't like how guys like you and guys on the other side of the debate polarise everything and present it as straight choice between Petrie is a twat or Petrie is God.

If he has been solely responsible for crowds falling from 12,000, surely he must also have been solely responsible for them rising to that?

The answer as ever lies in the middle, and since the only way he will leave ER is in a box or by retiring / moving to a SFA role, IMO it would be really good if both sides of the debate could put their feelings on him aside and focus their energy on supporting the manager , his assistants and the team, of which the team is the only thing that really matters.

When I go to the chippy for tea sometimes I don't give a stuff if the chippy is wrapped in the telegraph or the sun, its the supper inside that interests me.

Maybe if we all focussed on the supper and not the wrapper for a while and got behind the team, we would enjoy the "food" more and the relevance of the wrapper would diminish to the point that it was an irrelevance?

GGTTH

My problem with Petrie is that while he and farmer have provided us with a beautiful wrapper for the fish supper, the fish supper has been pretty well stinking for far too long now.

I don't like stinking fish, and I don't like fishmongers who assume that I'll buy it because I've been shopping with them for the past 50 years.

If the fish stinks, I won't buy it, at least until someone takes over the shop and sorts things out.

I don't go to the art gallery to admire the pretty picture-frames. I go to look at the pictures.

BSEJVT
13-11-2013, 08:19 PM
My problem with Petrie is that while he and farmer have provided us with a beautiful wrapper for the fish supper, the fish supper has been pretty well stinking for far too long now.

I don't like stinking fish, and I don't like fishmongers who assume that I'll buy it because I've been shopping with them for the past 50 years.

If the fish stinks, I won't buy it, at least until someone takes over the shop and sorts things out.

I don't go to the art gallery to admire the pretty picture-frames. I go to look at the pictures.

And all I am asking you to do is " go look at the pictures", yet you undo your own argument by harping back to the pishness of the gallery and its owners.

Seems to me you have a choice, get over the pishness of the gallery and its owners or don't see the pictures?

Or would you rather not see the pictures to prove your contempt of the gallery and its owners.

From my perspective that sounds like cutting of your nose to spite your face?

judas
13-11-2013, 09:04 PM
And all I am asking you to do is " go look at the pictures", yet you undo your own argument by harping back to the pishness of the gallery and its owners.

Seems to me you have a choice, get over the pishness of the gallery and its owners or don't see the pictures?

Or would you rather not see the pictures to prove your contempt of the gallery and its owners.

I do like a good fish supper. And a gallery too.

Chump
13-11-2013, 09:11 PM

GGTTH

what happens if we put too much sauce and vinegar on the supper, the wrapper gets soggy and the fish supper falls out....then we'd all be *****ed!!

BSEJVT
13-11-2013, 09:15 PM
what happens if we put too much sauce and vinegar on the supper, the wrapper gets soggy and the fish supper falls out....then we'd all be *****ed!!

Anyone who puts Sauce on a supper should've f####ed anyway

Hermit Crab
13-11-2013, 09:16 PM

Brown sauce = man sauce. None of this vinegar pish either.

hibbypostie
13-11-2013, 09:20 PM

Wasting you time mate most of these are folk that never went in the first place they never want to put a pennyin but want the loudest voice they'll be back in a min to regale us with tales of a ticket they once bought

hibee_nation
13-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Wasting you time mate most of these are folk that never went in the first place they never want to put a pennyin but want the loudest voice they'll be back in a min to regale us with tales of a ticket they once bought

That's below the belt he has paid his dues you know. :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
13-11-2013, 09:30 PM

Nonsense

Beefster
14-11-2013, 07:23 AM

Outrageous. Watered-down brown sauce (alongside lashings of salt) is what real men put on their fish/chicken steak/chip steak/jumbo sausage and chips

--------
14-11-2013, 11:17 AM

Sorry - you've totally lost me now. :wink:

To put it simply, right now I'm so choked off with Hibs I have no desire to spend my hard-earned cash sitting in the freezing cold watching a team that plays something only remotely - VERY remotely - akin to association football, and it's been a long time since Petrie and the rest of those who own and run Hibs have given me any incentive to change my mind.

But maybe the arrival of Butcher and Co signal a real change. I truly hope so, because I used to enjoy my afternoons at ER, but I'm not a masochist.

Wasting you time mate most of these are folk that never went in the first place they never want to put a penny in but want the loudest voice they'll be back in a min to regale us with tales of a ticket they once bought

What was the first Hibs team YOU saw, then? :devil:

BSEJVT
14-11-2013, 12:02 PM

To put it simply, right now I'm so choked off with Hibs I have no desire to spend my hard-earned cash sitting in the freezing cold watching a team that plays something only remotely - VERY remotely - akin to association football, and it's been a long time since Petrie and the rest of those who own and run Hibs have given me any incentive to change my mind.

But maybe the arrival of Butcher and Co signal a real change. I truly hope so, because I used to enjoy my afternoons at ER, but I'm not a masochist.

That's the problem with using an analogy in a debate, it gets very confusing :greengrin

Really delighted you would consider giving it another go if the team gets better.

I am neither pro nor anti (board / Petrie or whatever), but like you am looking for an excuse to go back, not to stay away.

I have already decided I will go to next home game and will take things from there.

I am not expecting to be watching a performance you could attribute to Arsenal, Barcelona or whoever anyone's flavour of the month are, I just want to see 11 guys who look as though they have an idea what they are doing try and create chances, express themselves and give all they have got.

Anything else at this time would be an unbelievable bonus.

I am also really looking forward to the first few team selections as it will be interesting to see whether our new management team agree with the thoughts of some of our resident football managers ( me included!)

I think seeing those and the resultant performances will give us an idea of where the problems really lie and will provide a pointer to how long it will take us to recover.

--------
14-11-2013, 01:50 PM
That's the problem with using an analogy in a debate, it gets very confusing :greengrin

Really delighted you would consider giving it another go if the team gets better.

I am neither pro nor anti (board / Petrie or whatever), but like you am looking for an excuse to go back, not to stay away.

I have already decided I will go to next home game and will take things from there.

I am not expecting to be watching a performance you could attribute to Arsenal, Barcelona or whoever anyone's flavour of the month are, I just want to see 11 guys who look as though they have an idea what they are doing try and create chances, express themselves and give all they have got.

Anything else at this time would be an unbelievable bonus.

I am also really looking forward to the first few team selections as it will be interesting to see whether our new management team agree with the thoughts of some of our resident football managers ( me included!)

I think seeing those and the resultant performances will give us an idea of where the problems really lie and will provide a pointer to how long it will take us to recover.

I never said I wouldn't be back, but I do want to see some changes.

I do think that Butcher, Malpas and Marsella are a coaching team who can make a huge difference to the team, but I have a deep and abiding distrust of the "God Petrie". He needs to back them more consistently and effectively than he has previous managers.

In any other area of business a CEO who had presided over the appointment of five successive unsuccessful senior department managers would have either resigned or been sacked. Easter Road has become a graveyard for football managers in the past 7-8 years (regardless of what Petrie says on that BBC interview) and I just hope Butcher and Malpas aren't the next pairing to fall by the wayside.

Alfred E Newman
15-11-2013, 08:39 PM
I never said I wouldn't be back, but I do want to see some changes.

I do think that Butcher, Malpas and Marsella are a coaching team who can make a huge difference to the team, but I have a deep and abiding distrust of the "God Petrie". He needs to back them more consistently and effectively than he has previous managers.

In any other area of business a CEO who had presided over the appointment of five successive unsuccessful senior department managers would have either resigned or been sacked. Easter Road has become a graveyard for football managers in the past 7-8 years (regardless of what Petrie says on that BBC interview) and I just hope Butcher and Malpas aren't the next pairing to fall by the wayside.

Fair enough. How does Petrie back them more effectively than say Fenlon then?

hibbypostie
15-11-2013, 09:16 PM

But maybe the arrival of Butcher and Co signal a real change. I truly hope so, because I used to enjoy my afternoons at ER, but I'm not a masochist?

What was the first Hibs team YOU saw, then? :devil:

Not allowed to say on the ground I'll be outed as an uber fan because we all know folk who attend games should take heed from those who don't

Nailrod
16-11-2013, 09:16 AM
I like to think I maintain a balanced view on the subject of Rod's strengths v. his shortcomings.

Having said that, I do have a recurring fantasy that equipped with the strength of The Mighty Thor, a pair of granite boots, and an unquenchable appetite for kicking somebody's backside for all eternity, I find myself trapped in a broken lift with the tache.