PDA

View Full Version : Derek Riordan interview on Alba

LancsHibs
09-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Came across very well in his interview, obviously loves Hibs. TB should get him in to train and get him playing again!

Pretty Boy
09-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Any truth in the rumour he is on trial at Dunfermilne?

Row H
09-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Came across very well in his interview, obviously loves Hibs. TB should get him in to train and get him playing again!

4 pager coming up here....

Wotherspiniesta
So he comes across well in interviews and loves hibs so we should be signing him? Good logic there.

HIBERNIAN-0762
No again ffs :rolleyes:

Northernhibee
09-11-2013, 05:35 PM

erin go bragh
09-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Any truth in the rumour he is on trial at Dunfermilne?

Thought he had signed for Alloa ?

Ggtth

DaveF
09-11-2013, 05:38 PM
So he comes across well in interviews and loves hibs so we should be signing him? Good logic there.

If we signed him we might be in danger of scoring one of those goal thingybobs that other teams seem to do with ease.

LancsHibs
09-11-2013, 05:40 PM

No, if he can get fit and have a professional attitude he should be playing for Hibs. A fit Riordan is quality and much better than anything we have at the moment. Don't you think?
I come across well and love Hibs, I don't think I should be playing!

Greencore
09-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Feel sorry for him, but it's his own fault, was never the same player after coming back from celtic. Me thinks he got swallowed by fame. Still sorry for him though

Wotherspiniesta
09-11-2013, 05:54 PM
If we signed him we might be in danger of scoring one of those goal thingybobs that other teams seem to do with ease.

Oh cmon Dave! He scored about 7 goals the last season he was here. Now he's 3 years older and even less fit. You can't seriously think he can offer us anything anymore. A great servant to the club, but you his days as a SPFL footballer are long over.

clerriehibs
09-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Oh cmon Dave! He scored about 7 goals the last season he was here. Now he's 3 years older and even less fit. You can't seriously think he can offer us anything anymore. A great servant to the club, but you his days as a SPFL footballer are long over.

That's about the same total as the TEAM have scored going into the middle of November ....

DaveF
09-11-2013, 05:56 PM

If I was offered Riordan or Collins or Vine as an attacking threat I know which one I'd choose. I totally agree that Riordan's best days are long over but it shows you how far we have fallen when quite a few people still think he could do something for us.

Scottie
09-11-2013, 05:58 PM

He could offer us more that 2 strikers I can think of at the club at the mo
Think him and Heff would be a good partnership ?

TheGreenMan
09-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Pars fan told me he's training with them

RestalrigBeans
09-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Id take him back in a minute, hed give us width
whether hes fit enough is another question.

skipster7
09-11-2013, 06:15 PM
If we signed him we might be in danger of scoring one of those goal thingybobs that other teams seem to do with ease. Or even a shot at goal, but iv'e probably taken that too far :wink:

Alfred E Newman
09-11-2013, 06:25 PM
He's maybe not the quickest but compared to the current mob he is like Alan Wells.

Winston Ingram
09-11-2013, 06:26 PM
No another bring back Riordan thread. :taxi:

davhibby
09-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Can people stop bringing this up! If he was really committed to getting back to games he would have dropped down to division 1 when he left st Johnstone. Such a shame

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Admins please merge or lock this.. Do we need "another DR thread??

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2013, 06:42 PM
sigh, groundhog day

BurghHibby
09-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Admins please merge or lock this.. Do we need "another DR thread??
Probably about as much as we need another Kenny Miller thread, everyone to their own views!

erskine-hibby
09-11-2013, 06:49 PM
432 minutes says we need someone like him.

MSK
09-11-2013, 06:52 PM
If I was offered Riordan or Collins or Vine as an attacking threat I know which one I'd choose. I totally agree that Riordan's best days are long over but it shows you how far we have fallen when quite a few people still think he could do something for us.Aye ..the "quite a few people" that aren't football managers ..apart fi on here ..:greengrin

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Probably about as much as we need another Kenny Miller thread, everyone to their own views!

I wasn't on about views mate, there are literally loads of Deek threads do we need another? Nothing against what folk think about him.

Onceinawhile
09-11-2013, 07:00 PM
If he can sign for a championship team until the end of the season and bang them in, I'd be delighted to see him at Easter Road next year.

Coming straight back to hibs though? No chance.

Jonnyboy
09-11-2013, 07:01 PM

Actually it was eleven. In his second spell he scored a total of 39 goals. Not bad for someone labelled 'lazy' 'unfit' disinterested' etc

I hate these threads. The guy scored 104 goals for Hibs. He deserves more respect than he gets from some folk on here

Billy Whizz
09-11-2013, 07:02 PM

Didn't see it, what did he say

clerriehibs
09-11-2013, 07:04 PM
I wasn't on about views mate, there are literally loads of Deek threads do we need another? Nothing against what folk think about him.

However many yam threads we must have, I personally think deeks deserves the same total + 1. Deeks discussions are far more relevant to us (and healthier for our mindsets) than our voyeurship regarding that disgusting lot.

staunchhibby
09-11-2013, 07:04 PM
He might be able to show Collins where the goals are and how to score them.

tamig
09-11-2013, 07:08 PM
No, if he can get fit and have a professional attitude he should be playing for Hibs. A fit Riordan is quality and much better than anything we have at the moment. Don't you think?

He'd definitely add that pace that we're so badly lacking just now - and just what El Tel likes in his ICT team. Just what we need. Get him right back in :wink:

clerriehibs
09-11-2013, 07:10 PM
If he can sign for a championship team until the end of the season and bang them in, I'd be delighted to see him at Easter Road next year.

Coming straight back to hibs though? No chance.

he's an unattached agent, and so he's available outside the transfer window. Not many others are who could definitely create & score for us. So in the meantime, who would you like up front? Heffernan & Deeks, or Heffernan and one of the comedy duo, exHaleingoothiserse and naePace?

EVENTUALLY
09-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Id take him back in a minute, hed give us width
whether hes fit enough is another question.
Nah lets stick with Mesmerising Vine, Cool and Deadly Collins, Dead Ball Maestro Craig! and Speed King Heffernan. After all DR is unproven and has questionable talent below comparison with the aforesaid quartet. It is a nobrainer...a fit DR would squoosh past that lot in goal scoring alone, never mind mind assists and link up. Bring him back Tel.

tamig
09-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Actually it was eleven. In his second spell he scored a total of 39 goals. Not bad for someone labelled 'lazy' 'unfit' disinterested' etc

I hate these threads. The guy scored 104 goals for Hibs. He deserves more respect than he gets from some folk on here

Don't see too many folk disrespecting him. Just because quite a few on the thread don't think he could cut it here now shouldn't be confused for disrespect. I think it's called being realistic rather than disrespectful imo.

Jonnyboy
09-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Don't see too many folk disrespecting him. Just because quite a few on the thread don't think he could cut it here now shouldn't be confused for disrespect. I think it's called being realistic rather than disrespectful imo.

I should have expanded tamig. There's been a few threads of late and some of the stuff said has been outrageous. So far, this one's not too bad but give it time :wink:

Onceinawhile
09-11-2013, 07:16 PM
he's an unattached agent, and so he's available outside the transfer window. Not many others are who could definitely create & score for us. So in the meantime, who would you like up front? Heffernan & Deeks, or Heffernan and one of the comedy duo, exHaleingoothiserse and naePace?

But there is no guarantee that deek would definitely create or score goals. He has been out of the game for a year and would take a lot of time to get fit never mind match fit. He is also what ? 3 years older than when he last played for us, and he was never blessed with pace in the first place.

that said if butcher wants him in now, I'll be happy.

tamig
09-11-2013, 07:18 PM
I should have expanded tamig. There's been a few threads of late and some of the stuff said has been outrageous. So far, this one's not too bad but give it time :wink:

Aye, I've seen some of the dross on the other threads - I was merely talking in the context of this one though. As you say JB - plenty time for this one to evolve yet :agree:

clerriehibs
09-11-2013, 07:21 PM
But there is no guarantee that deek would definitely create or score goals. He has been out of the game for a year and would take a lot of time to get fit never mind match fit. He is also what ? 3 years older than when he last played for us, and he was never blessed with pace in the first place.

that said if butcher wants him in now, I'll be happy.

I meant to say that in the post - he might or might not work, but why not take a chance. Because for sure, Vine & Collins are in now way, shape or form the answer.

How can those two, premiership footballers ffs, be so bloody unfit in November?

hibees 7062
09-11-2013, 07:30 PM
I meant to say that in the post - he might or might not work, but why not take a chance. Because for sure, Vine & Collins are in now way, shape or form the answer.

How can those two, premiership footballers ffs, be so bloody unfit in November?

Exactly , no cost, no risk, no brainer :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-11-2013, 07:35 PM
I'd take him back. I'm pretty sure that he offered to play for free too! Anyways... What did he say in his interview? Didn't watch it on Alba when I got home from the game...

Cheers.

allezsauzee
09-11-2013, 07:58 PM
He's only 30, hasn't had any serious injuries and not really that many miles on the clock. If he really wants it and gets himself match fit I would love to see him back at Easter Road. More natural talent in his wee toe than any of the strikers at the club just now. I guess the big question is does he want it

Deansy
09-11-2013, 08:16 PM

End of story - one day he'll admit it.

One Day
09-11-2013, 08:29 PM

Probably 7 more than Vine will score.

Wotherspiniesta
09-11-2013, 08:53 PM

Do you think my comment was showing a lack of respect? I've got nothing but respect for what he done for us during his two spells here. My comments on him are as a prospective signing. He's not played in about a year and wouldn't help the malaise at this club one jot.

Jonnyboy
09-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Do you think my comment was showing a lack of respect? I've got nothing but respect for what he done for us during his two spells here. My comments on him are as a prospective signing. He's not played in about a year and wouldn't help the malaise at this club one jot.

Wasn't having a pop at you Spoony - honest! I pointed out it's eleven goals, not seven.

I then rambled on about why I hate DR threads!

Sorry if you thought I was singling you out :agree:

silverhibee
09-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Pars fan told me he's training with them

Training with Alloa.

SRHibs
09-11-2013, 09:33 PM
He's utter dross now. Would have Hurtado back before Riordan. Was class in his prime, but c'mon.

Jonnyboy
09-11-2013, 09:34 PM
He's utter dross now. Would have Hurtado back before Riordan. Was class in his prime, but c'mon.

Who? Your pick Hurtado? :wink:

silverhibee
09-11-2013, 09:36 PM
He's only 30, hasn't had any serious injuries and not really that many miles on the clock. If he really wants it and gets himself match fit I would love to see him back at Easter Road. More natural talent in his wee toe than any of the strikers at the club just now. I guess the big question is does he want it

Yes i would say he wants it, he has now been training with Alloa for a few weeks now and wants to get back playing football and that is the aim for him.

Cabbage East
09-11-2013, 09:37 PM

Based on what? :rolleyes:

Derek is a Hibs legend and I'd rather have him in the team than a few that were out there today. We have no goal threat.

BroxburnHibee
09-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Clearly Hibs dont want him - obviously whoever is making the decisions believe we have better.

Tinribs
09-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Clearly Hibs dont want him - obviously whoever is making the decisions believe we have better.

Tongue firmly in cheek there mate? :wink:

Aldo
09-11-2013, 09:57 PM
A legend in my eyes. Over 100 goals. Some outstanding goals with both feet and the odd 1 with the head.

Something out of nothing.

Good luck to him and here's hoping he gets something sorted and soon.

silverhibee
09-11-2013, 10:01 PM
game on again on alba now

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-11-2013, 10:08 PM
game on again on alba now

Was Riordans interview at HT bud?

erskine-hibby
09-11-2013, 10:09 PM

You sleeping with him or something to KNOW that?

I would take him, even now, to score more than the, so called, strikers we have now.

silverhibee
09-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Was Riordans interview at HT bud?

Yeah.

FitbaFolkKen
09-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Based on what? :rolleyes:

Derek is a Hibs legend and I'd rather have him in the team than a few that were out there today. We have no goal threat.

Based on the fact he doesn't have a team at the moment?

FitbaFolkKen
09-11-2013, 10:15 PM
You sleeping with him or something to KNOW that?

I would take him, even now, to score more than the, so called, strikers we have now.

The first bit is a bit weird????

erskine-hibby
09-11-2013, 10:17 PM
The first bit is a bit weird????

Well he said he is 'utter dross' now. How could he KNOW that unless he was...erm...really close?

Cabbage East
09-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Based on the fact he doesn't have a team at the moment?

Aye? So that makes one of the best players to have ever played for Hibs, who is only in his early 30s and is the 3rd highest goal scorer in the SPL of all time, dross? Aye? Does it mate?

gillythehibby
09-11-2013, 10:47 PM
My own personal view is that we could do worse than getting Deeks in for training. We have scored a grand total of 9 *** goals! Disgraceful and largely down to how the team has been set up. To spend good money on a proven striker and then not put the ball in the mixer for him is shocking. This takes us back to DR. A fit would gives us a different option. The only problem is we might actually make him look ****** ! Our style of play doesn't really suit strikers no matter how good. Unless we get obtain the required talent Deeks obviously has, i see no problems letting him train at least.

silverhibee
09-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Poor first 45 minutes from Hibs, lucky it was only 2 in the first half, will watch the Deek interview now and give the other 45 minutes a miss.

Suarez was good today. :greengrin

Seems to be a lot of booooooooooooing at HT.

truehibernian
09-11-2013, 10:57 PM
My own personal view is that we could do worse than getting Deeks in for training. We have scored a grand total of 9 *** goals! Disgraceful and largely down to how the team has been set up. To spend good money on a proven striker and then not put the ball in the mixer for him is shocking. This takes us back to DR. A fit would gives us a different option. The only problem is we might actually make him look ****** ! Our style of play doesn't really suit strikers no matter how good. Unless we get obtain the required talent Deeks obviously has, i see no problems letting him train at least.

That's the thing, we don't have a style of play.

Heff was used to having James Dayton or Gros and Silva out wide, or Shiels just behind.

We (and Hearts) are the only side in the league who currently don't play with any form of winger. That answers your question.

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Riordan would certainly offer more of a threat up front than the current lot.

But I would offer more up front than the current lot and I never kick a ball.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Just saw his interview, I think we should get him back on a pay as you play deal or if he wants to play for free again. He says he would like to come back being a fan etc. If he could get his fitness up (which will take time) we will have a really good striker up front who will score goals. Especially with how bad the league is now, he could do a job.:agree:

All in my opinion.

Jones28
09-11-2013, 11:30 PM
A legend in his day, I'd prefer we left it at that. He was poor towards the end of his second term at Hibs and that was in a better squad, with better service for our strikers. How would an older, presumably slower Riordan do in this team?

FitbaFolkKen
09-11-2013, 11:41 PM
Aye? So that makes one of the best players to have ever played for Hibs, who is only in his early 30s and is the 3rd highest goal scorer in the SPL of all time, dross? Aye? Does it mate?

Look...since he left Hibs he has scored one goal in 24 professional appearances for 3 different clubs.

Derek was a superb talent who did loads for Hibs, and it is sad his career has been on a downward spiral, but that's exactly what it is. All the stories about Killie would've signed him but this happened etc... they don't matter because at the end of the day he is now training with Alloa and did not get signed. I wish him nothing but success and I really hope he proves me and a lot of others on here wrong and extends his career and returns to his previous levels.

His history since he left us would suggest he is a shadow of his former self and I would rather not have the memories tainted. So although utter dross is a bit harsh, he isn't the answer.

The Harp Awakes
10-11-2013, 12:44 AM
Derek scored his SPL goals at a time the standard was far better than it is now.

I'm not sure whether he has got the determination to be successful again but one things for sure he won't have lost his talent and at 30, he still has a chance.

I don't see what we would have to lose to give him an opportunity to resurrect his career. If anyone can get him back on track it would be TB.

TheFamous1875
10-11-2013, 12:53 AM
He can't be any worse. Don't see the harm in signing him, pay as you play. If he cannae hack it, It's his loss, not ours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dmc1875
10-11-2013, 01:08 AM
While there is more chance than not that Riordan is well past it we would lose absolutely nothing if we got him in now on a pay as you play deal.

If he can recapture any sort of form that DR is capable of then bye bye Collins and Vine.

If the ball bobbled around the box I know who I would rather have on the end of it out of our current strikers and deeks.

macd123
10-11-2013, 01:35 AM

Him and gaz up front with ivan back on the wing?

Northernhibee
10-11-2013, 02:10 AM
He showed at Bristol Rovers that he no longer possesses the quality to be a full time professional footballer at any level.

He scored a lot of great goals back when he was with us, leave it at that. Just because we're not scoring goals now doesn't mean we should sign absolutely any unattached striker out there.

Judas Iscariot
10-11-2013, 06:32 AM
Would love to see Hibs give him a chance to get fit..

ackeygraham
10-11-2013, 09:11 AM
As everyone has said its about opinions. Some people for and some against, but I'd atleast get him in training and see what he's got.....

If does a Thomo and tries to prove his worth while showing vine and Collins how ***** they actually are is a no brainer in my eyes, but the one person that will count come Monday is hopefully butcher.

Phil D. Rolls
10-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. If Derek can't see the reasons why he was emptied, and has failed at every other club, it's a bit late for him to learn now. Derek doesn't love Hibs, Derek loves Derek.

Eyrie
10-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Am I the only one confused why we complain that the current squad isn't good enough to challenge in the SPL but still want to sign a player who can't even get a game at the moment, let alone for a SPL side?

Riordan is without doubt a modern day Hibs legend but his time with us has passed.

clerriehibs
10-11-2013, 09:47 AM
He showed at Bristol Rovers that he no longer possesses the quality to be a full time professional footballer at any level.

He scored a lot of great goals back when he was with us, leave it at that. Just because we're not scoring goals now doesn't mean we should sign absolutely any unattached striker out there.

Pretty much like Vine and Collins, who we are actually giving money to.

The LEAST they could do is get fit.

147lothian
10-11-2013, 12:03 PM
I remember folk not wanting o'connor back, I don't know if he could reproduce his old form, but theres a chance he could offer something to the team with what we have at the moment up front, so from that point of view, I wouold welcome hime on a pay per play basis

TheFamous1875
10-11-2013, 01:23 PM
I always look back on his move to Celtic as utter madness really. Why did he want to play for them?? He was a king at Easter Road in a very good young team, who played to his strengths.

Looking back, I don't see why he ever did that as he seems much like Sparky in his Hibby-ness in that he'd never want to play for anyone else, so why did he go?? We didn't even cash in on him!

Northernhibee
10-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Pretty much like Vine and Collins, who we are actually giving money to.

The LEAST they could do is get fit.

You know something, I was dragged along to Aberdeen vs Hearts yesterday - my flatmate is a huge Dons fan and we were having a night out in Aberdeen.

Even when the sheep capitulated in the second half their fans didn't get on the backs of the players, hurl abuse at certain players on the pitch, sang to the final whistle and applauded their team off the pitch.

Like us they've put up with their fair share of **** football and underachievement in the last few years and they still made an effort to support their team.

The constant putting down of Vine and Collins is utterly embarrasing.

Elephant Stone
10-11-2013, 01:30 PM
You know something, I was dragged along to Aberdeen vs Hearts yesterday - my flatmate is a huge Dons fan and we were having a night out in Aberdeen.

Even when the sheep capitulated in the second half their fans didn't get on the backs of the players, hurl abuse at certain players on the pitch, sang to the final whistle and applauded their team off the pitch.

Like us they've put up with their fair share of **** football and underachievement in the last few years and they still made an effort to support their team.

:top marks

SRHibs
10-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Well he said he is 'utter dross' now. How could he KNOW that unless he was...erm...really close?

?

How has "utter dross" got any sexual connotations? What are you talking about? :confused:

I don't "know", it's called an opinion. It's based on the fact that he was mediocre in his last spell with us, and has obviously deteriorated a lot since, as he's had no competitive football in recent times.

silverhibee
10-11-2013, 01:41 PM

How many games did you see him play for Bristol Rovers. :aok:

BroxburnHibee
10-11-2013, 01:42 PM
?

How has "utter dross" got any sexual connotations? What are you talking about? :confused:

I don't "know", it's called an opinion. It's based on the fact that he was mediocre in his last spell with us, and has obviously deteriorated a lot since, as he's had no competitive football in recent times.

"fact that he was mediocre" :hilarious

I tell you what I would jump at the chance to have THAT mediocre Derek Riordan with us than some of the imposters we have now.

FWIW the folk that are saying he is past it may well be right - I just don't know what it is Hibs have to lose by offering him training facilities and taking a look.

Apart from upsetting the harmony in our squad obviously :wink:

Hibercelona
10-11-2013, 01:43 PM

Aberdeen have been doing quite well and are currently 3rd in the league. Of course they aren't going to get booed off the park.

I don't recall Hibs getting booed off the park during the Mowbray era whenever we lost a game.

Fans aren't booing because we lost. They're booing because we just can't seem to play any real football and it's been that way for far too long.

How anybody can actually blame any of them? :confused:

gillythehibby
10-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Aberdeen have been doing quite well and are currently 3rd in the league. Of course they aren't going to get booed off the park.

I don't recall Hibs getting booed off the park during the Mowbray era whenever we lost a game.

Fans aren't booing because we lost. They're booing because we just can't seem to play any real football and it's been that way for far too long.

How anybody can actually blame any of them? :confused:
Agree 100%. Hibs Fans didny get on Pat's back for 18 month and that was after watching gash fitbaw in all that time. ! I think Hibs fans have been more than patient and supportive.

jdships
10-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. If Derek can't see the reasons why he was emptied, and has failed at every other club, it's a bit late for him to learn now. Derek doesn't love Hibs, Derek loves Derek.

:agree::thumbsup:

silverhibee
10-11-2013, 02:21 PM

I was at the Liverpool vs Fulham game yesterday, sat in the away end, the abuse the Fulham fans handed out to Berbatov was nasty and they were constantly booing him and the rest of the players, and the manager was also a target for the boo boys, so you see it's not just a Hibs thing, when your team are playing pish no matter where it is in the world that is how fans react, they get annoyed pick a scapegoat or 2 and tend to boo a lot, as for Fulham and that class player Berbatov, he never let it get to him and that is what pro footballers should do, why can't our players cope with this negativity and yet other players can, they really need to toughen up, roll there sleeves up take the gloves off and get stuck in and forget about what is coming from the stands. Man up Hibs players and start winning games and they boos will turn in to encouragement and joyful cheering, maybe even clapping as well.

QMU-1875
10-11-2013, 02:22 PM
I was gutted when we lost Riordan to china, I disagree with the people who say he was a failure during the second spell. After yesterday I would take him back, he know where the net is and he knows what it means to play for the badge, you never know it could actually work!

SRHibs
10-11-2013, 02:24 PM
I was gutted when we lost Riordan to china, I disagree with the people who say he was a failure during the second spell. After yesterday I would take him back, he know where the net is and he knows what it means to play for the badge, you never know it could actually work!

"Location Alloa/Edinburgh", eh?

Nice try, Deek. :wink:

Northernhibee
10-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Agree 100%. Hibs Fans didny get on Pat's back for 18 month and that was after watching gash fitbaw in all that time. ! I think Hibs fans have been more than patient and supportive.

I think it was about four or five months before that "Pat Fenlon: Football Manager" thread that did little but rip into him appeared.

Franck Stanton
10-11-2013, 02:32 PM
To be honest I cant see why we as a Club cannot just get him to E/M from now until say January, assess his fitness level and take it from there. He had skill,ability and an eye for goal, far superior to anyone we have at present. He may have just grown up now and doesn't he deserve another chance ? Sure he has made mistakes, haven't we all in our lifetime ? If he failed to impress what have we lost ? Nothing. Give the lad a chance - I'm sure he would realise it is his last one and knuckle down. He is after all "one of our own".

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2013, 02:36 PM
To be honest I cant see why we as a Club cannot just get him to E/M from now until say January, assess his fitness level and take it from there. He had skill,ability and an eye for goal, far superior to anyone we have at present. He may have just grown up now and doesn't he deserve another chance ? Sure he has made mistakes, haven't we all in our lifetime ? If he failed to impress what have we lost ? Nothing. Give the lad a chance - I'm sure he would realise it is his last one and knuckle down. He is after all "one of our own".

Agree we have nothing to lose in doing this...FFS the alternative is Rowan the imposter Vine

Hibrandenburg
10-11-2013, 05:30 PM
I always look back on his move to Celtic as utter madness really. Why did he want to play for them?? He was a king at Easter Road in a very good young team, who played to his strengths.

Looking back, I don't see why he ever did that as he seems much like Sparky in his Hibby-ness in that he'd never want to play for anyone else, so why did he go?? We didn't even cash in on him!

Probably made the move to earn enough money so he could retire at 30. Living the dream!