PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY positive from today.

andy1875
09-11-2013, 05:26 PM
A weird old game today, another terrible performance from us, fans booing and bloody freezing. Note to self - take gloves and wear two pairs of socks to the next home game :greengrin

In a funny way though, I took positives from the Inverness performance. Organised, creativity, leadership, fight, a right good striker who knows where the net is and overall just much better than us.

So if Terry does join us, as seems to be expected now, then I for one would be delighted if he could mould us into the team he's successfully created up there.

They're a good side.

Stewboy
09-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Taken a few years though. We have decent players but they are all the same - one paced

nonshinyfinish
09-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Thought the same thing. While they have some good players, it's not exactly a stellar cast. But they play as a team. If El Tel can get the best from our players in a similar way (and the Unsung Hero can magic up a few shrewd signings) then we'll be laughing.

Shan today though.

Alan62
09-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Taken a few years though. We have decent players but they are all the same - one paced

We had the odd moment in the game but shot ourselves in the foot as usual when Collins fouled the boy in the box early on. Collins has shown very little in his time at Easter Road, which is unfortunate. Like Pat Fenlon, he has looked out of his depth. He tries hard but doesn't appear to have what it takes to succeed.

We looked like a side that badly needs a good manager and also needs some proper rebuilding. Hopefully that will now begin.

3pm
09-11-2013, 05:44 PM
The only positive today was Butcher was there to see it.

Greencore
09-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Whenever we get a chance near or at the box we crap out selfs and pass it to another player like its a hot potato... It's annoying

SquashedFrogg
09-11-2013, 07:02 PM

This is it for me. Far too slow. Every player wants to take 2/3 touches then play a square pass. By the time we get the ball under control the opposition have everyone back in position.

Aberdeen a fortnight ago and Inverness today played with verve, pace. No superstars but not scared to have a go at players. Also, lumping the ball up front doesn't work.

Play football Hibs. Pass the ball quickly.

leggeto
09-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Zoubir,if only the rest of them are on the same wavelength as him

h1bs4life
09-11-2013, 07:16 PM
The only positive today was Butcher was there to see it.

That's the only positive I can see from today, Butcher seeing a team he is inheriting playing against a team he built. We were piss poor today.

Love the Green
09-11-2013, 08:35 PM

FFS how often do we need to hear this..if it was the case we would not be creating posts like this we would be praising a victory...absolute gutless group of useless rubbish soiling the good name of OUR club. Hope big tel puts his size 10's up a few ***** as he ships them out wage thieves.

john18722
10-11-2013, 12:48 PM
That's the only positive I can see from today, Butcher seeing a team he is inheriting playing against a team he built. We were piss poor today.

I'm not sure that is a positive as it might mean he changes his mind about joining us!

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Four positives for me yesterday;

1)I remembered my gloves
2)Pat Nevin came and sat in the seat next to us in the East(he left after the second goal!)
3)I figured out who Desperate Dan on here was when I was chatting to him in the Mash Tun. Had never made the connection before. It all makes sense now lol
4)I went to The Rivage afterwards and got myself a cracking lamb madras

cabbageandribs1875
10-11-2013, 01:18 PM
A weird old game today, another terrible performance from us, fans booing and bloody freezing. Note to self - take gloves and wear two pairs of socks to the next home game :greengrin

In a funny way though, I took positives from the Inverness performance. Organised, creativity, leadership, fight, a right good striker who knows where the net is and overall just much better than us.

So if Terry does join us, as seems to be expected now, then I for one would be delighted if he could mould us into the team he's successfully created up there.

They're a good side.

i had two pairs o socks on at Motherwell last week :blushie:, thought i would be hard this week and just wear the one pair :) should have wore gloves y/day though :(

cabbageandribs1875
10-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Whenever we get a chance near or at the box we crap out selfs and pass it to another player like its a hot potato... It's annoying

i'm sure someone will be along soon enough to say it's the fans fault

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-11-2013, 01:36 PM
It's the fans fault

I'm_cabbaged
10-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Zoubir,if only the rest of them are on the same wavelength as him

Really? Fur coat and no knickers IMO.

mim
10-11-2013, 01:41 PM
I figured out who Desperate Dan on here was when I was chatting to him in the Mash Tun. Had never made the connection before. It all makes sense now lol
Yeah, the big cow pie is a dead giveaway.

lord bunberry
10-11-2013, 02:49 PM
FFS how often do we need to hear this..if it was the case we would not be creating posts like this we would be praising a victory...absolute gutless group of useless rubbish soiling the good name of OUR club. Hope big tel puts his size 10's up a few ***** as he ships them out wage thieves.

But we have got good players whether you like it or not.
Williams is a decent goalkeeper
Mcgivern is a northern Irish international
Hanlon is multiple under 21 internationalist
Mcpake is also a northern irish cap
Robertson has played international football
Thomson has played at the highest level
Craig is a player most spl teams would have
Harris is one of the most promising youngsters in the country
Cairney was great at the start of last season
Heffernan is an expirienced spl striker
Add in a few youngsters like stanton handling and caldwell .
We've got a squad that is decent but massively underperforming. Teams loke Inverness and st johnstone would love to be able to go out and sign players of the same quality as we do.
It's butchers job to make these players start playing as a team.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-11-2013, 03:28 PM
One good thing for me was heating Maurice Malpas saying that one core thing that him and Butcher do is continually beast the squad over and over again to ensure that no team in the league can touch them for fitness. I know that football has come a long way since conditioning meant running up and down the terraces, but I can't help but think that this basic changes would make a hell of a difference.

Yuillsy
10-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Four positives for me yesterday;

1)I remembered my gloves
2)Pat Nevin came and sat in the seat next to us in the East(he left after the second goal!)
3)I figured out who Desperate Dan on here was when I was chatting to him in the Mash Tun. Had never made the connection before. It all makes sense now lol
4)I went to The Rivage afterwards and got myself a cracking lamb madras

Must have been your chat, Pat was sitting a couple of rows behind me until the final whistle! (On phone but insert big cheeky smiley face)

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-11-2013, 04:32 PM
He was on his phone for most of the opening 17 minutes when he was sitting next to us. Don't blame him

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2013, 05:15 PM
3 pints in the FIH before the game is the only positive I can think of.

Itsnoteasy
11-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Final whistle