PDA

View Full Version : Ref v ICT

duffers
09-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Not sure who it was, maybe Madden? But I thought he was absolutely terrible. Some of his decisions were baffling, (the offside from our Corner where the ball was played back!?) and thought it was a stone wall penalty when Forster got cleaned out by the keeper.

ancient hibee
09-11-2013, 06:42 PM
The offside from the corner was about the only one he got right because it was played by the second player to the corner taker who came back from an offside position to get it.

greenlex
09-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Conned 90% of the time by Inverness players. Poor game. He is getting it tight on Monday.

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Conned 90% of the time by Inverness players. Poor game. He is getting it tight on Monday.

One of the poorest refs I've seen at ER in ages. If you know him show him this thread Lex. He is rotten!!!

hibsbollah
09-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Checked earlier, gave 22 fouls against us.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Absolute doughnut!!!

Lines men / assistant refs just as bad

How we never got a penalty just before half time I'll never know.

Accountability for refs in Scotland is the only way to improve this ongoing dilemma

Until this happens, we're stuck

lumbo_hfc
09-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Thought the referee had a decent game to be fair!! Very suprised Thomson wasn't booked though, must have gave away 5 or 6 fouls in the 2nd half alone.

danhibees1875
09-11-2013, 07:37 PM
The offside from the corner was about the only one he got right because it was played by the second player to the corner taker who came back from an offside position to get it.

I could be wrong with the offside rule but was the ball not played backwards back to the corner taker (Robertson?)?

greenlex
09-11-2013, 07:48 PM
I could be wrong with the offside rule but was the ball not played backwards back to the corner taker (Robertson?)?Doesnt matter if it goes backwards if he is offside when the ball is kicked.

jon paul jones
09-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Referee drove me crazy today and i'm a happy clapper

1) Someone please explain how the infamous short corner was stopped and free kick given to ICT. If the hibs player takes the corner and runs back for the give and go, then how is it offside. Unless the hibs player didn't touch the ball???
2) Surely a penalty at corner against Forster in first half, he heads it over bar in melee and goalkeeper lamps him in the face on the follow through, no yellow, no free kick, no penalty
3) Insanely high karate kick aimed at Stevenson face on with studs showing...ref just thinks lets keep the game flowing as I don't want to ruin my coupon

A *H** Howard Webb

If there isn't a song, i'll start one next month next time he officials

bigwheel
09-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Doesnt matter if it goes backwards if he is offside when the ball is kicked.

Yes it does. The ball must be played forward for it to be offside

Fergus52
09-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Doesnt matter if it goes backwards if he is offside when the ball is kicked.

Yes it does. If he is behind the ball when it's kicked he's onside no matter what

GoldenEagle
09-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Yes it does. The ball must be played forward for it to be offside

Suggest a wee look at the laws of the game.

greenlex
09-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Yes it does. If he is behind the ball when it's kicked he's onside no matter whatHe wasnt behind it though. He took the corner. The player recieved it and layed it off backwards. Player taking the corner was offside when it was played backwards. He ran back onside to get it.Whehter the ball is played backwards or not makes no difference. He ran from offside to collect it.

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Suggest a wee look at the laws of the game.

If you have 2 players that get behind every opposition player and player 1 who is ahead of player 2, cuts it back to player 2. It's not offside.

You can't be offside from a backwards pass. (In that situation i should say :wink:)

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 08:15 PM
He wasnt behind it though. He took the corner. The player recieved it and layed it off backwards. Player taking the corner was offside when it was played backwards. He ran back onside to get it.Whehter the ball is played backwards or not makes no difference. He ran from offside to collect it.

That is correct. :agree:

It doesn't matter which direction the ball is played in. If a player in an offside position runs back onside to collect it, then it is indeed offside.

greenlex
09-11-2013, 08:18 PM
If you have 2 players that get behind every opposition player and player 1 who is ahead of player 2, cuts it back to player 2. It's not offside.

You can't be offside from a backwards pass. True in that situation. If player 2 is ahead of player 1 and runs back to get the ball that player one plays back then he is offside. In short if he is offside when the ball is played even backwards he is offside.ps nice edit lol

clerriehibs
09-11-2013, 08:32 PM
celtc used to play a short corner most weeks. player 1 would pass it to player 2 who would stop it and player 1 would run on to it and bang it into the box.

Given player 1 was usually still on the goal line when player 2 stopped the ball, he was almost certainly offside every time. Refs never ever saw anything wrong with it.

greenlex
09-11-2013, 08:35 PM
celtc used to play a short corner most weeks. player 1 would pass it to player 2 who would stop it and player 1 would run on to it and bang it into the box.

Given player 1 was usually still on the goal line when player 2 stopped the ball, he was almost certainly offside every time. Refs never ever saw anything wrong with it.Im guessing if he only stops it he isnt passing it so the original corner taker isnt offside?

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-11-2013, 08:37 PM
I didn't think he was all that bad TBH. Certainly had no impact on the result imo. Lino running the east was a Wee bit sleepy but to be fair, so was I sitting watching that dross,

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Im guessing if he only stops it he isnt passing it so the original corner taker isnt offside?

It doesn't need to be a pass. Any contact made that results in the offside player from collecting the ball, is still offside.

I've never understood short corners anyway. Just put the ball in the box from the arc, that way it can never be offside.

Slim Shady
09-11-2013, 09:06 PM

You can't be offside from a backwards pass. (In that situation i should say :wink:)

If player 2 cuts the ball backwards ( terrible pass) and player 1 (who is ahead of 2nd last defender and ball) checks his run, and comes back to receive the ball he is offside.

:wink:

Purehibee_MYB
09-11-2013, 09:52 PM

Given player 1 was usually still on the goal line when player 2 stopped the ball, he was almost certainly offside every time. Refs never ever saw anything wrong with it.

Not when there are players on the posts from a corner, however today it was a quick corner and Inverness were not set so Robertson came from offside to collect the ball, in an ordinary situation when the defending team has had time to set themselves he would have been onside.

hibs4thecup1988
09-11-2013, 10:56 PM
I didn't think he was all that bad TBH. Certainly had no impact on the result imo. Lino running the east was a Wee bit sleepy but to be fair, so was I sitting watching that dross,

I thought the same. The only one that really got on my goat was the one in the second half when cummings was meant to have tripped their defender and he went flying.

As I've said previously it was 100% a penalty fir them. Ours would have been dubious as that's exactly how a keeper should command his box.

danhibees1875
09-11-2013, 11:09 PM
I thought the same. The only one that really got on my goat was the one in the second half when cummings was meant to have tripped their defender and he went flying.

As I've said previously it was 100% a penalty fir them. Ours would have been dubious as that's exactly how a keeper should command his box.

He never won the ball though?... He just smashed through Forster...

matty_f
09-11-2013, 11:38 PM
The West stand linesman was terrible. Behind play all the time and didn't make a decision until the ref (also pish) gave him the nod.

matty_f
09-11-2013, 11:39 PM
He never won the ball though?... He just smashed through Forster...

I'm quite glad we never got the penalty, I don't think I could take the rage when whoever took the penalty somehow found a way to avoid spotting from it.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-11-2013, 11:42 PM
The West stand linesman was terrible. Behind play all the time and didn't make a decision until the ref (also pish) gave him the nod.

Weve certainly had them this season - was the same for the Aberdeen and Hearts game it was almost like they were deliberately behind play.

matty_f
10-11-2013, 12:00 AM
Weve certainly had them this season - was the same for the Aberdeen and Hearts game it was almost like they were deliberately behind play.

Missed you and Noah at the game today, even turfed a guy out your seat before kick off!

Viva_Palmeiras
10-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Missed you and Noah at the game today, even turfed a guy out your seat before kick off!

Hehe thanks - I'll need to get your moby I posted one of the match threads (shudda PM'd) - Sol has been doing a bit of Ralph and Huey since lastnight and Gaby joined in the fun this morning so worst case scenario - me holding the fort with mopping up, washing, medicine dispensing and cooking duties.
the wee mans still passed out on my as I watch the rerun on Alba (why oh why?!).

Argylehibby
10-11-2013, 07:39 PM
If the centre half had been that late with a challenge on the keeper it would have been a foul and a yellow card at least. Other way round it should be the same.

Liams
10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Was their 2nd offside - not seen highlights

Hermit Crab
10-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Was their 2nd offside - not seen highlights

No, McGivern played them all on he was deeper than everyone else. Poor defending

hibbysam
12-11-2013, 01:05 AM
Can someone please enlighten me on why a free kick was given against Jordan Forster at the weekend?

I mean how dare the laddie go up and win a header while there keeper cleans not only Jordan out but also his own centre half.

As stonewall a penalty as your likely to see!

Add that to Partick not getting a penalty for handball against Jim Goodwin, Aberdeen not getting a penalty for a brilliant save on the line by a centre half then getting one for the ball hitting a boys back, and the penalties in the Swansea and Chelsea games and I seriously wonder just what referee's look at during games.

Argylehibby
12-11-2013, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=hibbysam;3805610]Can someone please enlighten me on why a free kick was given against Jordan Forster at the weekend?QUOTE]

The ref gave a goal kick, he should of course have given a penalty and at least booked the keeper.

eastterrace
12-11-2013, 09:42 PM

the corner taker cant be offside from a corner so he couldnt have came back from a offside position, he played short corner to our player who stopped it and he then ran on and picked it up so the linesman was a idiot imo