PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings versus ICT

Davy Mac
09-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Honking display, scandalous and wage thieves. No Passion, grit, determination and no pride in their profession. I hope P45's are handed out swiftly and for the ones that are left are given a sharp kick up the bahooky.

Turgid stuff, awful to watch and frankly I feel my club is dying and I just can't find words to explain my ratings as I think I'm being generous as it is.

Williams 4

Maybury 3
Forster 5
Hanlon 4
McGivern 3

Stevenson 5
Taiwo 3
Thomson 4
Robertson 4

Collins 3
Hefferman 3

Vine 1
Cummings 2
Zoubir 2

Ref 4
Fans/Atmosphere 2

3pm
09-11-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm a bit disappointed Messers McGivern, Taiwo and Collins got more than the fans.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Williams 6

Maybury 4
Forster 4
Hanlon 4
McGivern 1

Stevenson 5
Thomson 3
Taiwo 1
Robertson 4

Heffernan 2
Collins 2

Vine 2
Cummings 2
Zoubir 4

allezsauzee
09-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Williams 5
Maybury 5
Forster 4
Hanlon 4
McGivern 2
Stevenson 3
Taiwo 3
Robertson 6
Thomson 3
Collins 1
Heffernan 3
Zoubir 2
Vine 8
Cummings 1

GreenCastle
09-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Williams 4 - not much to do except pick ball out net
Maybury 3 - squad player -rarely gets forward
Forster 4 - defended pretty well - wish he would get on ball more
Hanlon 4- see above
McGivern 2 - not his best 45 mins - at fault for goal as played ICT onside
Stevenson 4 - tries his best but again squad player
Taiwo 3 - Can't play with Thompson - looked slow and gave ball away
Robertson 4 - Ran and Ran but not much happened - please work on your shooting
Thomson 3 - gets in the way - slows play down and I actually think he is a major problem of this team
Collins 1 - what you doing for the penalty ? - can you just hold the ball up ? how much how we wasted on him?
Heffernan 3 - not involved - not much service - gave ball away - no shots on goal in 90 mins
Zoubir 4 - provided some creativity - but lots of flicks and dribbles
Vine 3- one good cross - everything else useless -
Cummings 1 - difficult game to come onto - gave too many fouls away

Really poor today - relegation quality. Just how bad how we got ? How come these players got a draw against Celtic. Butcher has to work a miracle! I don't want another transitional season - the fans deserve better! We are a mess!!!:rolleyes:

Crap attendance - 8750 - but can you blame people? - that was another soul destroying performance in freezing conditions!

hibee_girl
09-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Williams - 5

Maybury - 5
Forster - 5
Hanlon - 5
McGivern - 4

Tawio - 4 (but only cos he only played 45 minutes)
Robertson - 5
Thomson - 6
Stevenson 6

Collins - 3
Heffernan - 4

Subs:

Vine - 5, he put in two great crosses but as usual no one attacked them in the box. Much better from him today
Zoubir - 3
Cummings - 3

hibsbollah
09-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Dismal performance today. Very similar to the Aberdeen game a few weeks ago; well beaten by a team who have fast players who run in from deep positions, something we haven't had since the French papal era....

Williams 6

McGivern 3 rightly hooked. Honking first 45 minutes.
Hanlon 4 was at the centre of our distribution problems. Gave it away again and again
Forster 6 decent. Our main attcking threat, which is a worry in itself. Should have hit the target with a header from a corner. Battistoned 2nd half which looked like a clear pen.
Maybury 6 Fine.

Stevenson 6 playing in the Makalele role doesn't suit him, better when moved to the back 4.
Robertson 6 poorer than recent weeks, extra point for apologising to the fans at the end, call me a sentimentalist...
Taiwo 2 The worst I've seen him play. Couldnt retain possession. Rightly subbed.
Thomson 5 Disappointed in his decision making today. Sideways sideways sideways.

Heffernan 4 first touch honking, slow. Needs a better partner.
Collins 2 one of the worst forward displays I've seen recently. Needlessly gave away the pen, constantly gave away possession and then bizarrely moaned at teammates for not being where they weren't. I had faith, now I'm not so sure.

Subs
Zoubir-best he's played since his debut, set up our only two chances early second half with intelligent through balls. I'd keep giving him 90 minutes.
Vine- actually played some nice stuff once or twice only to fall on his arse when in scoring positions. Beard.
Cummings-looks like he has pace and is strong for a youngster. Didn't really get past his man in 30 mins though, which is the bottom line.

Ref. clearly hates us. I just checked on BBc and we were penalised 22 times in that 90 mins. Destroyed what tiny chance there was of any entertainment today.

Good luck Terry :greengrin

DaveF
09-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Williams 4

Maybury 2
Forster 4
Hanlon 2
McGivern 1

Stevenson 2
Taiwo 1
Thomson 2
Robertson 2

Collins -1
Hefferman 0

Vine 1
Cummings 1
Zoubir 2

Ref 4
Fans/Atmosphere 2

And I'm being generous with my marks. Never noticed Heff at all and most only get a point for turning up in each half. Forster and Williams had decent(ish) games, but the rest.......

Hibby_CR14
09-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Williams 4 - poor distribution and far to slow at getting the ball to the full back
Maybury 4 - Not got the pace anymore
Forster 4 - Looks like he has lost confidence...should have had a pen
Hanlon 3 - Thought he was very poor today.
McGivern 2 - Really struggling at the moment.
Stevenson 3 - Not good enough for 1st team and also not a centre mid. A backup left back
Taiwo 3 - Mr pass the ball backwards at every opportunity
Robertson 6 - Only one that looks interested
Thomson 5 - Poor from him today...he suffers as we have to many similar players
Collins 1 - Just awful
Heffernan 3 - Omg at his 1st touch today

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Not one single player deserves pass marks today and they were trying to impress a new manager? Jezzo!

QMU-1875
09-11-2013, 05:32 PM
All were shocking. Vine played well when he came on. Collins was the worst of the lot, truly awful.

Stringer
09-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Caldwell has to start. Also we so badly need Craig at CAM

lumbo_hfc
09-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Not one good performance in the whole team, robertson tryed to get us going in the first half then was quiet 2nd half, feel bad on stevenson because he knocks his pan in but is just not good enough!

Heffernan was the worst player on the park, collins never had a good game but at least tryed to make something happen when he got it but can't get support far enough up the park when he holds it up! The penalty was a bit of a nightmare for him but if Nicholl hadn't set up playing no wide players it would not have had to happen!!

Good luck Terry Butcher, Rather you than me!!!

duffers
09-11-2013, 06:25 PM
I actually thought Stevenson played pretty well today...

s.a.m
09-11-2013, 06:27 PM

So did I.

hibee_girl
09-11-2013, 06:27 PM

that's because he did, in 3 different positions.

Elephant Stone
09-11-2013, 06:30 PM

Thou shalt not praise Lewis Stevenson.

hibsbollah
09-11-2013, 06:34 PM

He wasnt the worst by a long way.

bigwheel
09-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Those markings Collins so low, must only have watched the first half....I actually thought he was coming into the game when he was subbed...and he certainly worked harder than his partner upfront. how Heff managed not to get hooked was beyond me.....

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2013, 06:39 PM
very Disappointed with heffernan today, just about every ball up to him just bounced back of him

Pretty Boy
09-11-2013, 06:40 PM

He was our best player today.

Not exactly high praise but he was ok when asked to play 3 positions.

Winston Ingram
09-11-2013, 07:04 PM
I thought Vine was decent when he came on. This. 'Vinedetta' is getting embarrassing

Winston Ingram
09-11-2013, 07:06 PM
very Disappointed with heffernan today, just about every ball up to him just bounced back of him

Heffernan's performance today reminded me a bit of Jonatan Johanssen's performance against Hearts in the cup a few years back. Slower and weaker in every dept

hibsbollah
09-11-2013, 07:08 PM
He was our best player today.

Not exactly high praise but he was ok when asked to play 3 positions.

Im surprised noones mentioned Zoubir. Passed the ball intelligently, and set up a couple of chances for our misfiring strikers (only for the banjo to crash onto the floor and the coos arse to remain unscathed). A decent 45 minutes I thought.

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-11-2013, 08:15 PM
It's rather worrying that some folk think that some of todays performances were ok. The reason why we are where we are.

JMac
09-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Williams: 3
Maybury: 3
Forster: 4
Hanlon: 2
McGivern: 1 (professional footballer?)
Stevenson: 3
Taiwo: 2
Thomson: 3
Robertson: 3
Heffernan: 2
Collins: 1 (professional footballer?)

Love the Green
09-11-2013, 08:30 PM
It's rather worrying that some folk think that some of todays performances were ok. The reason why we are where we are.

:top marks

Lang Toun Hibs
09-11-2013, 08:31 PM
I thought Vine was decent when he came on. This. 'Vinedetta' is getting embarrassing

Oh come off it. Yes, he seemed to do ok when he came on but I genuinely think I could have made a difference after that awful first half. I'm sorry, it's no vinedetta, he's just plain garbage. Only marginally worse than Collins I'm afraid in my view. 9 goals in 13 league games, says it all for me. As for ICT, they were good. If Terry Butcher can do the same for us as he has with them then that would be great...won't happen overnight though!

hibsbollah
09-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Williams: 3

Explain?

Winston Ingram
09-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Oh come off it. Yes, he seemed to do ok when he came on but I genuinely think I could have made a difference after that awful first half. I'm sorry, it's no vinedetta, he's just plain garbage. Only marginally worse than Collins I'm afraid in my view. 9 goals in 13 league games, says it all for me. As for ICT, they were good. If Terry Butcher can do the same for us as he has with them then that would be great...won't happen overnight though!

I've seen Vine a few times in England and also saw him ripping us a new one at ER earlier this year.

There's ability there and I'd suspect any striker would struggle with zero service with his midfield 50 yards away.

erskine-hibby
09-11-2013, 09:12 PM
All were poor beyond belief. Only Zouby IMHO deserved anything more than 3 marks as he at least showed some skill and made some good through balls.

Hibby 2005
09-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Midfield in the 1st half was so slow, improved slightly in the 2nd half with the introduction of Zoubir and the exits of Taiwo and Stevenson.

Good to see Nicholl finish with the team he possibly should have started with.

nonshinyfinish
09-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Why's Williams getting threes and fours? Granted, his distribution was fairly poor, but what else did he do wrong?

h1bs4life
09-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Williams 5 Never did anything wrong
McGivern 2 Been terrible since signed perm contract
Hanlon 2. Easily knocked off ball.Distribution poor. Not good enough.
Forster 5 Did OK .potential
Maybury 2. Not good enough
Stevenson 2. Poor. Tries hard but not good enough where we want to be.
Robertson 4. Tried never hid not a lot came off for him.
Taiwo 2 Sideways,sideways,back the way.not good enough
Thomson 3.Slows everything down
Heffernan 2 Hardly noticed him.needs better partner.
Collins 1 Murder.WTF was the so called tackle about for there penalty .

Subs
Zoubir 4 A few decent touches.
Vine 2. Not good enough.
Cummings 2 1st appearance nothing came off for him.

S4uzee
09-11-2013, 09:40 PM
Those markings Collins so low, must only have watched the first half....I actually thought he was coming into the game when he was subbed...and he certainly worked harder than his partner upfront. how Heff managed not to get hooked was beyond me.....
Very worrying if you think that

JMac
09-11-2013, 09:42 PM
Explain?

Got beaten far to easily for the second goal. He is captain, he should be shouting and organising a lot better than what he is doing. Distribution was also poor. Or were you wondering why I'd rated him so highly? :cb

bigwheel
09-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Very worrying if you think that

maybe actually watch the match next time

down-the-slope
09-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Really? It was basically a one-on-one, McGivern wasn't giving any help. Williams came out to try and close down the angle and McKay skipped round him and finished from a tight angle. If anyone was to blame for the second goal it was the numerous Hibs player that allowed Shinnie to waltz through and give it to McKay on a plate.

started with Heff letting ball bounce off him catching team flat footed

S4uzee
09-11-2013, 10:13 PM
maybe actually watch the match next time

I did and he was awful, easy pass all the time

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-11-2013, 10:16 PM
I would give Taiwo a minus. On today's efforts, the only outfield player that could question being asked to take the long walk would be Forster

truehibernian
09-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Forget Billy McKay - I want Hibs to sign Graeme Shinnie, one of the most under rated but most improved players in the SPFL. Always impressed by him. Great work rate, attitude and energy.

Brooster
09-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Pathetic all round. I'm sick to the back teeth watching sub standard players like vine Stevenson Collins tawio.......

S4uzee
09-11-2013, 10:34 PM
To be fair, you could say that for every player! None of them wanted the ball, they wanted to offload it as safely as possible and not take responsibility for doing something with it. Collins was poor today but marginally better than Heff. It's frustrating because earlier in the season I really did think there was a player in there, but he just looks so lost right now, like he has no idea what he is meant to be doing.
Agree with that, thought against Motherwell 1st game he looked good. But for a striker it looks like he is just happy to lay it back or to the full back and very rarely has efforts on goal

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Pathetic all round. I'm sick to the back teeth watching sub standard players like vine Stevenson Collins tawio.......

How is Stevenson sub standard?

He wasn't sub standard when he was playing in a team with quality.

He's still a good player that would come back to haunt us if he played in a quality SPFL side.

Spike Mandela
09-11-2013, 10:46 PM

He's still a good player that would come back to haunt us if he played in a quality SPFL side.

Guess is depends on what standard you set.:cb

truehibernian
09-11-2013, 10:47 PM

Lewis hasn't played in a team of quality - he burst onto the scene under Collins but thereafter was in and out of sides under various managers.

Pat loved him because he works like a terrier and was willing to play anywhere for the team - very admirable and sums up Lewy as a man - he's dependable.

But I agree with Brooster - Hibs is the highest level Lewis will play at and he won't add value in any sense to Hibs, other than remain professional and give his all.

I want more than that - I want players who either see Hibs as the next rung on a ladder if success or players who come to Hibs youthful and ravenous to make it in the game a la Alex Harris.

Question - who would want Hanlon, Lewis, Vine or Collins in January ? Would they improve any other SPFL side ?

Brooster
09-11-2013, 10:54 PM

Put it this way...Lewis wouldn't be anywhere near the ICT first team squad.

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Ok, he's nothing spectacular and doesn't try to pull of miracles. But if he was playing in a side of higher quality, he wouldn't get anywhere near the level of stick that he currently gets on here.

He's a player who I believe has the right idea, but other players never seem to be on the same wavelength. That's not his fault.

truehibernian
09-11-2013, 11:18 PM
Ok, he's nothing spectacular and doesn't try to pull of miracles. But if he was playing in a side of higher quality, he wouldn't get anywhere near the level of stick that he currently gets on here.

He's a player who I believe has the right idea, but other players never seem to be on the same wavelength. That's not his fault.

Don't think you'll find anyone disagreeing he's not a tidy player mate - but he's neither a game changer or a game saver. And he's not going anywhere above Hibs in my opinion.

Love the wee guy, but it's time to be ruthless and cull the weak players.

duffers
09-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Don't think you'll find anyone disagreeing he's not a tidy player mate - but he's neither a game changer or a game saver. And he's not going anywhere above Hibs in my opinion.

Love the wee guy, but it's time to be ruthless and cull the weak players.

But I wouldn't say Thomson is a game changer or game saver either but by far the best footballer we have in our team. Lewis is IMO a squad player, but has been asked several times this season to be played in positions which need covered. Always done alright, never the worst player, and has a bit of heart. If everyone had his attitude we'd be doing alright. He's the least of our worries at the moment.

gegs70
10-11-2013, 12:20 AM
Nelson at the back must have madea huge difference as we dont look like the same team that won all those points. No pace and very little threat....no confidence...disapointing really...

TrinityHibs
10-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Midfield in the 1st half was so slow, improved slightly in the 2nd half with the introduction of Zoubir and the exits of Taiwo and Stevenson.

Good to see Nicholl finish with the team he possibly should have started with.
Thought the subs were Mcgivern, Collins aNd Taiwo. Never mind any opportunity to give Lewis a kick huh?:rolleyes:

hibsbollah
10-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Thought the subs were Mcgivern, Collins aNd Taiwo. Never mind any opportunity to give Lewis a kick huh?:rolleyes:

To be fair, Lewis did exit midfield when he was moved to the defence in place of McGivern, which is what the poster means I think. The subs were the right ones after that dreadful first 45.

jon paul jones
10-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Williams 5

Maybury 4
Forster 4
Hanlon 4
McGivern 2

Stevenson 4
Taiwo 2
Thomson 5
Robertson 5

Collins 2
Hefferman 2

Vine 2
Cummings 2
Zoubir 4

Ref 3
Fans/Atmosphere 2

Only passmarks go to Thomson, Robertson and Williams for me and they are only sneaking that at best due to a committed second half where you could there was some semblance of pride in putting in a shift for a well paid job.

Our failings are so obvious its turning even the hard core fans faith to turn up to games into question. Time and time again we are letting visitors sit in and let them face the ball coming towards them. Wingers have got to get to the by line and turn their left / right backs.

Zoubir is a young laddie and not yet a world beater. At least when he came on yesterday, he made their left back question himself and start making rash tackles giving away free kicks in dangerous positions on the flanks. Get that right on both wings and we'll get more chances, sneak a wee goal and confidence will return to the team.

Lots of other stuff but that's the thing that gets my goat at the moment

jon paul jones
10-11-2013, 10:17 AM
But I wouldn't say Thomson is a game changer or game saver either but by far the best footballer we have in our team. Lewis is IMO a squad player, but has been asked several times this season to be played in positions which need covered. Always done alright, never the worst player, and has a bit of heart. If everyone had his attitude we'd be doing alright. He's the least of our worries at the moment.

Yup!

jdships
10-11-2013, 10:39 AM
that's because he did, in 3 different positions.

:agree::thumbsup:

TrinityHibs
10-11-2013, 12:18 PM
To be fair, Lewis did exit midfield when he was moved to the defence in place of McGivern, which is what the poster means I think. The subs were the right ones after that dreadful first 45.

Have to agree. I think we now know that 2 left backs doesn't work. Nor does a midfield of Taiwo, Thomson and Stevenson. I am hoping TB will bring some confidence to the team as there is none at the moment.

Centre Hawf
10-11-2013, 02:14 PM
I thought Stevenson was alright but the holding role isnt for him. Should strictly be a left back or a left mid. He atleast tries to offer width and a cross into the box.

Thomson is never a player to have when looking for goals. Hes good to have if you're hanging on or up against Celtic. We wont score with him in the team.