PDA

View Full Version : 432 minutes

aussie_hibee
09-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Without taking injury time in to consideration, it's now been 432 minutes of "football" since we scored. A shocking stat which is made worse by the fact that we don't look like scoring any time soon.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2013, 05:16 PM
And 1 in 540 if we go back a bit further.

Awful stuff.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2013, 05:17 PM
And yet Pat Fenlon is looked on as a success by some folk? :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
09-11-2013, 05:19 PM
I'd be interested to see how many shots we have had on target in the last 4 games. Can't be many.

Aldo
09-11-2013, 05:20 PM
I'd be interested to see how many shots we have had on target in the last 4 games. Can't be many.

Will be lucky if it's double figures.

hibee_girl
I was on holiday for the Celtic game so I haven't seen us score a goal since the Stranraer game!

Viva_Palmeiras
I like Budgies tweet: "stats are like lingerie - they get folks excited but don't reveal everything."

Worrying but stats wont get us out of the mire. Organisation and strong characters will be key to getting us out the hole.

The Voice Of Reason
09-11-2013, 05:21 PM

You took the words out of my mouth BH.

Staggering that some posters think he was a "success". Absolutely staggering..........

Scottie
09-11-2013, 05:22 PM

Mind you Fenlons no been in charge for the last 180 minutes of them :cb

JMac
09-11-2013, 05:25 PM
A good stat, shows how poor our players are. Can't believe some people actually think we have like the 3rd best squad in the league. But in all seriousness, how are James Collins and Rowan Vine payed to play football?

GreenCastle
09-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Scored the lowest number of goals in the league.

The worrying factor has been all season and previously we don't often look like scoring.

LG and Doyle have gone - we rarely scored from midfield last season.

I really worry about the lack of creativity and pace - we rarely create or put the opposition keeper under pressure - when was the last time we dominated another team ?

Vine and Collins are poor - Heff landed on us by mistake.

Caldwell and Handling seem to be really our of favour if Cummings is ahead of them now!

Borderhibbie76
09-11-2013, 06:16 PM

Couldnt agree more BH...watching that today anyone who thinks fenlon was a success must be blind!!

GreenCastle
09-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Couldnt agree more BH...watching that today anyone who thinks fenlon was a success must be blind!!

:agree:

JN at least tried to change it today and make it work by making subs - but still to not much effect - Fenlon has allowed the rot to set it and turned us into a boring / slow team who rarely create or score goals.

Alfred E Newman
09-11-2013, 06:19 PM
A good stat, shows how poor our players are. Can't believe some people actually think we have like the 3rd best squad in the league. But in all seriousness, how are James Collins and Rowan Vine payed to play football?

Totally agree. I can't think of one outfield player that would get a game for Inverness and that includes Thomson

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Our new managment team could have built an entire team out of the £200k Fenlon wasted on 1 player. Onwards and upwards.

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2013, 06:25 PM
truly awful football to watch, to think not all that long ago we were slagging the yamboids for having a pub team...pffftt the quality just aint there

stevejordan
09-11-2013, 06:27 PM

And also the backing Paddy got from Petrie in both financial support and backing now we are left with a load of average to poor players and the new Manager will need to get rid of a lot of them and get the funds to bring in new players.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2013, 06:29 PM
It's quite worrying that the Hearts team we are so fond of ripping into has gained only 4 less points than us and have scored more goals.

Hiber-nation
09-11-2013, 06:30 PM
You took the words out of my mouth BH.

Staggering that some posters think he was a "success". Absolutely staggering..........

Probably because he left with "dignity". Can't think of any other reason after landing us with the slowest squad of players in SPL history.

AlbertK86
09-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Well when we play three defensive midfielders at the very least what do we expect

Desperately need width pace and creativity

Good luck Terry

Roll on January... The return of Harris and a chance to bring in some pace width and creativity

Allan45
09-11-2013, 07:17 PM
It's really worrying that it's been so long since Hibs have scored. Was at the game today, even though I have said nothing about Vine, well he has to go from this poor Hibs team. Very lazy today, ran into some positions, but can't do anything with the ball at his feet. He even tried to beat a defender in the 2nd half running into him, losing the ball. Waste of money... There are other players that need to have a reality check too, most of them!
collins is going to fall into that bracket soon too, what's he doing pushing the player for a blatant penalty, the player was running towards the bye line, and that would have been it! That's school boy stuff not from a striker that costs a lot of money. I feel a clear out soon...
:cb

Spike Mandela
09-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Lowest goal scorers by a good margin now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/table

Gatecrasher
09-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Lowest goal scorers by a good margin now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/table
I didn't realise we had only scored 9, is that the lowest in Scotland? Can't be far off it.

GreenCastle
09-11-2013, 07:40 PM
I didn't realise we had only scored 9, is that the lowest in Scotland? Can't be far off it.

It is the lowest in Scotland :agree:

Even the yams with no stikers have scored more - we are GASH

Glory Lurker
09-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Couldn't make the United, St Mirren or Stranraer games. I've seen us score one goal in seven matches (eight if you add the final).

Stuarty27
09-11-2013, 07:49 PM
James Collins couldn't score in a barrell of f

Truly horrific

Pretty Boy
09-11-2013, 08:05 PM

Billy Mackay alone has scored the same as our whole team.

Gatecrasher
09-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Billy Mackay alone has scored the same as our whole team.
It's mental similar things were being Said about griffiths and hearts around this time last year.

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2013, 08:46 PM
And this is already the second time this season we've pointed to such a stat. We went ages earlier on without scoring. Nine goals from thirteen games in this league is awful.

GreenCastle
09-11-2013, 08:50 PM
The worrying thing is..I can't see it improving anytime soon.

Would love to see the stats for home games over the last 5 years - W / L / D - could make scary reading.

Sir David Gray
09-11-2013, 09:42 PM
The worrying thing is..I can't see it improving anytime soon.

Would love to see the stats for home games over the last 5 years - W / L / D - could make scary reading.

Since 2010-11 season - all competitions.

W-20
D-24
L-30

GreenCastle
09-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Since 2010-11 season - all competitions.

W-20
D-24
L-30

Thanks...so

P 74 - win 20 - lost 30 (close to half) and drew 24

Wonder how that compares to other SPL teams..

We have to have one of the worst home records in recent times mainly due to horrific managers / players.

Jonnyboy
09-11-2013, 10:17 PM
:agree:

JN at least tried to change it today and make it work by making subs - but still to not much effect - Fenlon has allowed the rot to set it and turned us into a boring / slow team who rarely create or score goals.

Trouble was that JN set us up wrongly at the start. We were two down before he switched Lewis and Thommo.

Sir David Gray
09-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Thanks...so

P 74 - win 20 - lost 30 (close to half) and drew 24

Wonder how that compares to other SPL teams..

We have to have one of the worst home records in recent times mainly due to horrific managers / players.

Our league record over that time is;

W-15
D-23
L-26

GreenCastle
09-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Trouble was that JN set us up wrongly at the start. We were two down before he switched Lewis and Thommo.

It was a strange set up - looked like Lewis sitting in a 4-1-3-2

Then looked like no one was sitting and the midfield were basically doing what they wanted -especially allowing runners from ICT to not being followed.

KT sits in too deep - surely the Hanlon and Foster should be encouraged to be more involved when we attack - KT gets in the way far too often.

Jonnyboy
09-11-2013, 10:35 PM
It was a strange set up - looked like Lewis sitting in a 4-1-3-2

Then looked like no one was sitting and the midfield were basically doing what they wanted -especially allowing runners from ICT to not being followed.

KT sits in too deep - surely the Hanlon and Foster should be encouraged to be more involved when we attack - KT gets in the way far too often.

All good and valid points GS :agree:

Pretty Boy
09-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Our league record over that time is;

W-15
D-23
L-26

Stop man please.

I'll be having nightmares tonight reading these stats.

Jones28
10-11-2013, 03:07 AM

This

Pathetic record

Steve-O
10-11-2013, 03:37 AM
Send Vine back to St Johnstone and chuck in Collins and a defensive midfielder for Stevie May...

SouthamptonHibs
10-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Ive not seen Hibs score live since Caldwell grabbed the winner at Tynie back in May. Every game I go to we get beat and dont score. We are are awful

Boyle89
10-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Genuine question here. When was the last time we scored more than 2 in the league? Dundee? Motherwell?
Still, onwards and hopefully upwards!!

SouthamptonHibs
10-11-2013, 12:05 PM
St Mirren next up we will beat them hail hail

Sammy7nil
11-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Hibs have scored 1 (Offside) goal in the last SEVEN games.

The defence is not great (okay understatement) but that is not the real problem.

To put it in simple terms we have to create more chances and score more goals :greengrin Everything about Hibs attacking play is slow or stop can the new manger sort this out?

Are we depending on Harris coming back and making the difference or will the new manger bring in his players in Jan 2014?

truehibernian
11-11-2013, 11:16 AM
Read Scott Robertson's quite revealing interview in the press today - about pace and a lack of it in the side.

Fans see it, pundits and managers see it, opposition players see it, football commentators see it and even our own (good) players see it - begs the question, why didn't Pat (and his management team) and why didn't those on the Board ask or indeed offer what other clubs wanted for a couple of players who would have added it ?

Agreed you don't win games on pace alone, but by hell it gives you a fighting chance to create chances and get into your opponent's half a lot more than Hibs are doing.

Dan Sarf
11-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Read Scott Robertson's quite revealing interview in the press today - about pace and a lack of it in the side.

Fans see it, pundits and managers see it, opposition players see it, football commentators see it and even our own (good) players see it - begs the question, why didn't Pat (and his management team) and why didn't those on the Board ask or indeed offer what other clubs wanted for a couple of players who would have added it ?

Agreed you don't win games on pace alone, but by hell it gives you a fighting chance to create chances and get into your opponent's half a lot more than Hibs are doing.

Do you have a link?

:flag:

Andy74
11-11-2013, 11:27 AM

He did say we were missing pace in forward areas.

I can only assume that players he felt were good enough long term werenot available.

Certainly a piece if the jigsaw we need to add as soon as we can.

Purple & Green
11-11-2013, 04:41 PM
And 1 in 540 if we go back a bit further.

Awful stuff.

Ended last season and started this season with 5 shut out losses too. In between then and our current run, we racked up 9 games winning 5 and drawing 3 - my recollection is that if we had beaten Aberdeen the other week we would have gone second.

Fenlon described their confidence as fragile, Tom English said on the back of Fenlon's departure that the players were unprofessional and cowardly.

But this trend is continuing across a number of years, managers and players - it's not so long ago that Hibs went 7 games without scoring under Calderwood and then racked up some wins with Akpo Sodje and Victor Palsson before it all went wrong again.

We just don't seem to breaking this cycle, which is down to the managers and players.

Purple & Green
11-11-2013, 04:42 PM
And our best performances for years? have been away from Easter Road too

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2013, 04:59 PM
And our best performances for years? have been away from Easter Road too

Thats because Fenlons hit on the break tactics work better away from home, home teams have an obligation to try and win their matches on their own patch, and are more likely to attack in numbers at their own place.

The problem with Fenlon is he deployed the same tactics at home and away, even if we were playing Malmo or Montrose.

AlbertK86
11-11-2013, 09:08 PM
Think we should give Collins a couple of games in U20 s to see if he can get some confidence back

Still think he will come good with the proper service and confidence