PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs v ICT

Pages : 1 [2]

neil7908
09-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Even with Butcher I think were looking at another bottom 6 finish.Unless he can seriously turn things around and sign 2-3 quality players in January I just cant see us doing anything this year, season feels like another write off already. Maybe thats a bit harsh but I'm pretty disillusioned with the club at the moment. I live in Edinburgh and get to the vast majority of home games, had nothing else planned today but just didn't fancy it and ended up staying home. Even under CC I'm not sure I ever felt this apathetic.

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Back into the warmth of the pub. Complete and utter pish. Butcher and Co have a huge job in front of them.

Hibby_CR14
09-11-2013, 04:19 PM
What a depressing performance..what a terrible midfield to start with tho.

Did we have any shots on goal today? I can't remember any tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

God Petrie
09-11-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm no Fenlon apologist but he did go on a decent unbeaten run this season. The football is rank but certainly not worth the weird anti-hibs rhetoric people like PB spout which does nothing but belittle the club he supposedly supports.

Hibs were gash today. We had an interim manager and were humped by a decent looking side built by our next manager. It did nothing but excite me about what TB could do.

Let's fall over each other exaggerating TBs task. Seems counterproductive.

If say Duffy, Calderwood, Williamson at least were worse than Fenlon. Fenlons main issue was being unable to manage the team through the big games which other managers failed to even get us to.

Jim44
09-11-2013, 04:21 PM
I don't think Butcher will do anything with the present squad. Unless he can introduce a few decent players in January, we shoyld set our sights on a low bottom six finish at best.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm no Fenlon apologist but he did go on a decent unbeaten run this season. The football is rank but certainly not worth the weird anti-hibs rhetoric people like PB spout which does nothing but belittle the club he supposedly supports.

Hibs were gash today. We had an interim manager and were humped by a decent looking side built by our next manager. It did nothing but excite me about what TB could do.

If say Duffy, Calderwood, Williamson at least were worse than Fenlon. Fenlons main issue was being unable to manage the team through the big games which other managers failed to even get us to.

If you are trying to suggest i'm not a Hibs supporter then you need to have a ****ing word.

Anti Hibs rhetoric. Get a ****ing grip.

What a fud.

S.sct
09-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Think sometimes we get what we deserve, plonker in the FF lower shouts to Cummings "you'll never make the first team" absolute ROASTER

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2013, 04:25 PM

I disagree, his main issue for me certainly was his team bored the tits off me. The way he set his team up, and the way he brought players into the club to play this way was a major gripe with me.

A negative manager should be booted straight in the baws, and ordered as far away as possible the team managers job at Hibernian Football Club.

The man should never have been appointed in the first place, and those in charge of bringing him to the club should be taken outside the main stand and shot.

God Petrie
09-11-2013, 04:25 PM
If you are trying to suggest i'm not a Hibs supporter then you need to have a ****ing word.

Anti Hibs rhetoric. Get a ****ing grip.

What a fud.

Articulate point. Well made. Cheers.

God Petrie
09-11-2013, 04:26 PM
I disagree, his main issue for me certainly was his team bored the tits off me. The way he set his team up, and the way he brought players into the club to play this way was a major gripe with me.

A negative manager should be booted straight in the baws, and ordered as far away as possible the team managers job at Hibernian Football Club.

The man should never have been appointed in the first place, and those in charge of bringing him to the club should be taken outside the main stand and shot.

I agree but there's been negative Hibs teams who did hee haw compared to Fenlon. We did get a wee trip to Malmo and two cup finals although he ballsed then up.

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 04:30 PM

I must be one of those weird anti-hibs rhetoric people then. Because I have the cheek to expect a far higher standard than this.

Saying that such and such were "at least" worse than Fenlon, doesn't add any worth to Fenlons tenture at Hibs what so ever.

Butchers task at Hibs isn't being exaggerated at all. He has a colossal task on his hands.

ICT have a fantastic side that play entertaining football, that can defend well and score goals. But don't just assume that it's all down to Terry Butcher. It's more than just the manager that can influence a side. Even today with no manager leading them, they still managed to perform to an extremely high standard.

hibs4thecup1988
09-11-2013, 04:34 PM
We'll. Where to start

First ten mins we passed the ball ok. After that it went pear shaped. Miles a penalty and mcgivern should be given a one way ticket back to Manchester.

Nobody gets pass marks except Stevenson in my book. That it all.

Oh btw. I hope butcher didn't watch properly otherwise petrie better have that contract signed!!!!

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Presume you're two years old given Cocos team was worse but enjoy your weird hyperbole.

Believe me this is defo one of the worst/boring Hibs teams I've watched. Compared to CC for me we at least used to shoot or have a couple shots on target. This team can't shoot, won't shoot and are brutal.

Butcher has a MASSIVE job on his hands. I'm confident though he will get us winning and winning with a bit of football being played. He will have plenty time and rightly so!

hibee_girl
09-11-2013, 04:35 PM
We'll. Where to start

First ten mins we passed the ball ok. After that it went pear shaped. Miles a penalty and mcgivern should be given a one way ticket back to Manchester.

Oh btw. I hope butcher didn't watch properly otherwise petrie better have that contract signed!!!!

Agree with that, we should have had a penalty at the end of the first half but we'd probably have missed it anyway!

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 04:36 PM
We'll. Where to start

This.

Heisenberg
09-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Ryan Mcgivern has been pish this season. Wasn't surprised to see him hooked at half time. The way Nicholl set the team up at the start played into Caleys hands and allowed them huge space out wide which they took advantage of before moving Stevenson to the left. Wouldn't give anyone pass marks today. Butcher has a big job on his hands to sort this lot out.

hibee_girl
09-11-2013, 04:41 PM
They are terrified of doing something wrong so they do nothing, or pick the easy pass which is normally backward. There is no confidence to go forward or be creative. They think if they play the easy pass they don't have to take responsibility. They want rid of the ball as soon as they get it.

:agree: All too scared to shoot as well, one point in the first half 3 of them passed up a chance to shoot leaving it to Maybury who shot high!

Gus
09-11-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm all for passionate support and opinions. But FFS as FANS we should be sticking together not some of the p1sh spouted on here with digs at each other.

The team are not together or at least 'play' like that but we should remain united

PeeJay
09-11-2013, 04:42 PM
ICT have a fantastic side that play entertaining football, that can defend well and score goals. But don't just assume that it's all down to Terry Butcher. It's more than just the manager that can influence a side. Even today with no manager leading them, they still managed to perform to an extremely high standard.

But he has been hammering his philosophy into them week in week out and it shows on the park even when is ostensibly no longer their manager. Unlike our lot, I found myself wondering time and time again: what do these guys do at the training ground? Still, they cannot be expected to improve with an interim manager at the helm, Fenlon's tenure at the club is plain for all to see, if Butcher does actually move to Edinburgh, it will be interesting to see how he alters this team and how they improve ... I think that a good manager, working these guys hard on the training ground, with a concept, could make them into a decent team...

LancsHibs
09-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Wow only 8750 at ER today!! An all round disappointing day:no way:

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Ryan Mcgivern has been pish this season. Wasn't surprised to see him hooked at half time. The way Nicholl set the team up at the start played into Caleys hands and allowed them huge space out wide which they took advantage of before moving Stevenson to the left. Wouldn't give anyone pass marks today. Butcher has a big job on his hands to sort this lot out.

Stevenson defo gets pass marks. Done well unlike the rest. But because he's not a fans fav he never gets the praise he actually deserves.

Brightside
09-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Stevenson defo gets pass marks. Done well unlike the rest. But because he's not a fans fav he never gets the praise he actually deserves.

The whole midfield were hiding today, and the forwards also didnt look for the ball until Cummings came on. Shocking gutless performance.

steakbake
09-11-2013, 04:50 PM
I don't accept that we've any worse a team than most in the league but compare the heads up, positive approach of ICT with our sluggish mentality. Who in the team looks up for it? Which one of them is picking the ball out of the net and getting up the field to get things going again? Name one of our players who looks angry or fired up when we go behind?

What I saw today were 11 decent enough players in a squad with no character or determination.

I put a lot of that at the door of PFs days. Butchers first task is to get in the heads of the team and figure out who is committed to the club and who is just collecting their wages. I've no doubt that if he comes in, we'll lose the softness that makes good players average ones when they pull on the jersey.

hibee_girl
09-11-2013, 04:53 PM

:agree:

He played 3 different positions in that game today and didn't struggle in any of them.

hibs4thecup1988
09-11-2013, 04:55 PM
The whole midfield were hiding today, and the forwards also didnt look for the ball until Cummings came on. Shocking gutless performance.

See I don't think they were hiding the problem with the midfield is that it's 4 central midfielders. And they all crammed into centre of the park. It was never going to work and never will work.

We need two wide players and a striker. Vine actually played not bad when he came on.

hibs4thecup1988
09-11-2013, 04:56 PM

He played 3 different positions in that game today and didn't struggle in any of them.

Agree. Yet I still have idiots around me saying he only gets a game because of his motm performance in the league cup final. He was the only one that cared out there today.

The rest of them? They should fear butcher coming in on Monday morning.

Gatecrasher
09-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Watched the first 20 mins in alba to see the goals and it looked a shocking attendance. Even a decent Hibs team should be getting another 2 or 3 thousand no bother. Just shows how bad things are at the moment.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Agree. Yet I still have idiots around me saying he only gets a game because of his motm performance in the league cup final. He was the only one that cared out there today.

The rest of them? They should fear butcher coming in on Monday morning.

I have stuck up for Stevenson more than most over the last 18 months, but he'd be nowhere near a place in a good Hibs side. He'd never get in the ICT team, a team we should be trying to emulate.

A good squad filler, and certainly worth his place in this lot.

I thought early on he was poor, but came on to an ok game. He does flatter to deceive at times in my opinion, he scurries around and seems to do a lot of work, but there is very little end product imo.

The Falcon
09-11-2013, 05:10 PM

Think how bad it would have been if all those that went back because Fenlon left hadnt kept their word.

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 05:11 PM
I have stuck up for Stevenson more than most over the last 18 months, but he'd be nowhere near a place in a good Hibs side. He'd never get in the ICT team, a team we should be trying to emulate.

I thought early on he was poor, but came on to an ok game. He does flatter to deceive at times in my opinion, he scurries around and seems to do a lot of work, but there is very little end product imo.

Be first name on my team sheet every week with this squad. McGivern, Towio who to some do no wrong I would personally clean out their lockers and tell them to **** off. I rated both but sorry they give NOTHING and I'm sick to death them thinking they just need to turn up. At least Lewis puts a shift in every week. In a better team no he wouldn't get in as his ability isn't great. But this current team of impostors can f uck right off and take every single one of the backroom staff with them.

Fresh ideas from Butchers team will do for me.

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 05:12 PM

This is what I don't understand.

How can you expect there to be any end product when the players around him aren't putting a shift in?

All he can possibly do at the moment is work as hard as possible and thats exactly what he's doing. It's not his fault that he has zero options to work with.

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Think how bad it would have been if all those that went back because Fenlon left hadnt kept their word.

Would have been more if Hibs announced TB instead of holding off.

R'Albin
09-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Articulate point. Well made. Cheers.

Well within his right given the way you called him out, IMO.

GreenCastle
09-11-2013, 05:15 PM

One turnstile in the East they weren't scanning the cards - guy just looked at it and said ok :confused:

hibee_girl
09-11-2013, 05:15 PM

How can you expect there to be any end product when the players around him aren't putting a shift in?

All he can possibly do at the moment is work as hard as possible and thats exactly what he's doing. It's not his fault that he has zero options to work with.

Absolutely, there was one point near the end of the game where he was still looking to drive us forward but not one of his team mates was looking for him to pass to them, in the end he had to pass back to Hanlon which he clearly wasn't happy with.

hibee_girl
09-11-2013, 05:16 PM
One turnstile in the East they weren't scanning the cards - guy just looked at it and said ok :confused:

Think they were all like that in the east today.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2013, 05:17 PM

Thats just complete nonsense, this is one of the hardest working Hibs sides i have seen, they all give 100%, but the lack of any real quality is clearly evident for everyone to see.

Lack of quality in crucial areas is our problem, not lack of effort.

Onceinawhile
09-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Watching the game on alba and I reckon thomson is one of the main problems, he is resolutely opposed to moving he ball forwards. Kills nearly every move.

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Thats just complete nonsense, this is one of the hardest working Hibs sides i have seen, they all give 100%, but the lack of any real quality is clearly evident for everyone to see.

BH I usually agree with you but that's not true. Robertson and Lewis give 100% most of the time but if you honestly think the rest do You are sadly mistaken. Collins I do think works very hard so maybe throw him in. The rest HIDE, nothing but bottlers. They have talent they are not applying it in the right manner!

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Watching the game on alba and I reckon thomson is one of the main problems, he is resolutely opposed to moving he ball forwards. Kills nearly every move.

I've defended and backed him god knows how many times. But you are spot on. He kills it when he gets the ball. Very good player but always goes back.

hibs4thecup1988
09-11-2013, 05:24 PM

Give 100%??? You having a laugh?? That stream you were watching today must have been blurry. Williams didn't give two hoots when the goals went in. Hanlon kicks the ball anywhere. Foster didn't do a lot wrong tbf as did maybury. Midfield. Thomson runs about like a headless chicken and kicks the ball nowhere. Taiwo just awful. Robertson on his ass most of the game. Collins...is was 200 quid really eh? Heffernan never had a kick the whole game. As for mcgivern I just don't know what to say.

Now I'm sitting watching riordan on alba....now there's a striker!!!!

GreenCastle
09-11-2013, 05:25 PM

He drops too deep - gets in the way - and I think he hinders other players with his presence.

At the same time he is the most comfortable on the ball but in all the wrong areas.

Craig played better in the season when Thompson was not playing.

The balance we have in midfield is shocking - we seriously need wide players and speed as when we do attack it takes so long - other teams become orgainsed and it's easy to defend against - all so predictable.

hibee_girl
09-11-2013, 05:27 PM

:faf:

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 05:28 PM

Sorry BPH. I often agree with you on a lot of points.

But far to often when I see Stevenson getting forward, there is nobody busting a gut to get away from their marker to give him any options.

Many boo him for playing the ball backwards. But he can't get it forward to anyone.

hibs4thecup1988
09-11-2013, 05:28 PM
:faf:

I am hoping its a whoosh moment for both of us.....:greengrin

Onceinawhile
09-11-2013, 05:29 PM

He drops too deep - gets in the way - and I think he hinders other players with his presence.

At the same time he is the most comfortable on the ball but in all the wrong areas.

Craig played better in the season when Thompson was not playing.

The balance we have in midfield is shocking - we seriously need wide players and speed as when we do attack it takes so long - other teams become orgainsed and it's easy to defend against - all so predictable.

Agreed. It's not that he is a bad player. He isn't. It's just that our balance Is wrong. If we can get someone in to compliment him however.

just watching the derek riordan interview on bbc alba. Oh for another player like him...

Brightside
09-11-2013, 05:31 PM
See I don't think they were hiding the problem with the midfield is that it's 4 central midfielders. And they all crammed into centre of the park. It was never going to work and never will work.

We need two wide players and a striker. Vine actually played not bad when he came on.

We just didnt look for the ball at any time. Its basic stuff but they are all hiding. At every throw in you can actually see our players hiding behind ICT. It's unreal. No movement. No effort. Second to every ball. Shocking stuff. Also unless Handling got injured in the last few days he should have been on from the start.

Brightside
09-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Sorry BPH. I often agree with you on a lot of points.

But far to often when I see Stevenson getting forward, there is nobody busting a gut to get away from their marker to give him any options.

Many boo him for playing the ball backwards. But he can't get it forward to anyone.

Spot on. I didnt see effort from many green shirts today. I can only assume this was us paying compo!

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Spot on. I didnt see effort from many green shirts today. I can only assume this was us paying compo!

I think if we offered them 3 points as compo, they would have scoffed at the idea, as they new they were guaranteed 3 points anyway. :wink:

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Our lack of movement off the ball has been highly evident for quite some time.

When you're lacking pace, it's imperative that there's enough movement off the ball to give the player in possession attacking options.

We're completely devoid of both pace and movement.

One of the commentators summed it up when they said that Hibs players were too frightened to look for the pass in the fear of being caught out themselves.

This has been a long growing trend at Easter Road. It makes you wonder if the players lack trust in one anothers abilities?

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Would have been more if Hibs announced TB instead of holding off.

Don't really think that would have made any difference mate, Hibs fans well past fed up.

down-the-slope
09-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Bright Sunny day - perfect winter weather for football

Jimmy N has had a full week to prepare his team this time after the hasty changes previous week...lets see what his experience and being in the front seat can bring. Rumours that another excelling youth payer will get a chance in the squad is encouraging

Bit of spice with all the (alleged :wink:) behind the scenes negotiating between clubs .... lets get what can still be a decent season back on track....

I'm taking brother in law to his first match at ER...

Haven't read any of thread after my first post (I resign from match thread starting)

He was 'surprised at the standard' and reckoned 'Bournemouth (his team) would have beaten Hibs on this showing'.....what defence could I offer :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2013, 06:18 PM
BH I usually agree with you but that's not true. Robertson and Lewis give 100% most of the time but if you honestly think the rest do You are sadly mistaken. Collins I do think works very hard so maybe throw him in. The rest HIDE, nothing but bottlers. They have talent they are not applying it in the right manner!

They are slow and ponderous, the lot of them. Yet if you go through the team, each one tries their best. They are just average players with little pace or ability.

Do as i said, go through the team and tell me what ones are not giving their all, just because they don't scurry about like Lewis Stevenson, does not mean they are not trying. Each player is a different animal, some more skilfull than others, and some with a better engine.

And don't mistake poor play from not trying, as thats what i think you and others are doing in my opinion?

I look at them and see a team low in confidence, little pace and movement. Yet i do see effort, but that can only get you so far in my opinion.

SteveHFC
09-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Well that was pish :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
09-11-2013, 06:24 PM
The lack of quality is evident. How Fenlon signed turkeys like Vine and Collins is beyond me.

Two of my ST holding mates went to the rugby on a long standing invite rather than watch that rubbish.

As bad as the dark days of the 80's.

Thecat23
09-11-2013, 06:29 PM
They are slow and ponderous, the lot of them. Yet if you go through the team, each one tries their best. They are just average players with little pace or ability.

Do as i said, go through the team and tell me what ones are not giving their all, just because they don't scurry about like Lewis Stevenson, does not mean they are not trying. Each player is a different animal, some more skilfull than others, and some with a better engine.

And don't mistake poor play from not trying, as thats what i think you and others are doing in my opinion?

I look at them and see a team low in confidence, little pace and movement. Yet i do see effort, but that can only get you so far in my opinion.

Don't mistake trying for 100% effort BH. McGivern give no where near 100% nor did Taiwo or Collins or Heff. If they did we would have seen a better game!

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Collins got a decent round of applause when he went off but I don't no why. Taiwo had close to if not actually did have, his worst showing in a Hibs top.

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Don't mistake trying for 100% effort BH. McGivern give no where near 100% nor did Taiwo or Collins or Heff. If they did we would have seen a better game!

Again we disagree, Taiwo Collins and The Heff run all day, Collins and Taiwo have very poor touches and the Heff was very poor today. I thought they were giving their all though. McGivern has been poor for a while now, and the way he runs in my opinion makes it look like he's not trying, but i do think he is.

He does switch off far too many times, and lets his man get a run on him. This is more of a problem in his head imo, he just does not concentrate enough for me.

We have some poor players, and its beginning to show again. :boo hoo:

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2013, 06:49 PM
this was me as well, for 98.5% of the game

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/71015000/jpg/_71015560_nicholl.jpg

good photo for a caption competition i think ;)

Hibercelona
09-11-2013, 06:49 PM
I agree with you BPH about players trying hard. When we lose posession, we fight hard to win it back again.

However, the issue is with the movement. When 1 Hibs player is in possession of the ball, every other Hibs player on the park is static.

When you see 2 Hibs players passing the ball to one another, they're more of less standing in the exact same spot. There's no pass and move. Because of that, our play lacks any real flow.

It's as if players think that untill they have the ball at their feet, the jobs done and they don't have to be doing anything else until they get the ball back again.

That's what we continue to witness week in week out.

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2013, 06:51 PM
The lack of quality is evident. How Fenlon signed turkeys like Vine and Collins is beyond me.

Two of my ST holding mates went to the rugby on a long standing invite rather than watch that rubbish.

As bad as the dark days of the 80's.

i'd love to know the story of how that one came about, own up you **** whoever it was

leggeto
09-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Rubbish performance,thought they'd get the finger oot to impress the new manager looking,I think he has already got a list of who is going out the door 1st,saying that I thought Inverness were brilliant in every department,quite embarrassing seeing being turned over by a club that size,just goes to show what a good job butch has done

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Rubbish performance,thought they'd get the finger oot to impress the new manager looking,I think he has already got a list of who is going out the door 1st,saying that I thought Inverness were brilliant in every department,quite embarrassing seeing being turned over by a club that size,just goes to show what a good job butch has done

I'm surprised about that, i was told they are a bit industrial in the way they play the game?

Jonnyboy
09-11-2013, 07:04 PM
I'm surprised about that, i was told they are a bit industrial in the way they play the game?

They were well organised G, as well as pacy and direct. Everything that we are not.

Foran strolled through the game

leggeto
09-11-2013, 07:10 PM

the two big fellas in the middle stoped most forward attacks coming through,I'd be delighted if we could start playing like that,the 2nd goal move just ripped through us

PapillonVert
09-11-2013, 07:22 PM
They were well organised G, as well as pacy and direct. Everything that we are not.

For the past numerous years, John, every team that has come to ER has seemed to me to be "organised". I have never in the same time seen anything other than a completely disorganised Hibs team. People talk about teams having a 'shape'. We are always shapeless and clueless.

Can someone explain to me why organisation of a team is beyond us? Why having a 'shape' is beyond us?

We are hideously bad and have been for some time. I do hope that TB does not mince words and gets torn into the whole system at ER because it really needs to be reformed from top to bottom.

Jonnyboy
09-11-2013, 07:24 PM
For the past numerous years, John, every team that has come to ER has seemed to me to be "organised". I have never in the same time seen anything other than a completely disorganised Hibs team. People talk about teams having a 'shape'. We are always shapeless and clueless.

Can someone explain to me why organisation of a team is beyond us? Why having a 'shape' is beyond us?

We are hideously bad and have been for some time. I do hope that TB does not mince words and gets torn into the whole system at ER because it really needs to be reformed from top to bottom.

First thing I'd do is order double training sessions with the emphasis on drills so that every part of the team knew their role.

Mind you, I'm not a manager so that might be garbage :greengrin

PapillonVert
09-11-2013, 07:31 PM
First thing I'd do is order double training sessions with the emphasis on drills so that every part of the team knew their role.

Mind you, I'm not a manager so that might be garbage :greengrin

Ooh, having to work for their money - that won't go down well!

Seriously, though, we have been the SPL soft touch for far too long. Time for the players to shape up or ship out.

If TB and team can't sort us out then I will really begin to think we are beyond redemption. This is the last chance saloon as far as I am concerned.

bighairyfaeleith
09-11-2013, 07:31 PM
That was ****ing painful to watch

We are genuinely awful

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2013, 07:43 PM

I know John, i watched it on telly. :wink:

LancashireHibby
09-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Gave away my season ticket at the Reebok today to watch that pish. Absolutely dreadful. Good job the craic was great in the Mash Tun or I'd have topped myself before Carlisle on the way back.

Aldo
09-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Gave away my season ticket at the Reebok today to watch that pish. Absolutely dreadful. Good job the craic was great in the Mash Tun or I'd have topped myself before Carlisle on the way back.

They had a good win as well the day (sorry to rub it in)

Hibernia&Alba
09-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Big Terry needs to produce something to cheer very quickly, otherwise he could be managing a new team in an almost empty stadium. We can't expect people to keep watching that.

LancashireHibby
09-11-2013, 08:01 PM
They had a good win as well the day (sorry to rub it in)
Pretty much inevitable! Been to 7 Hibs games and 10 Bolton games this season and seen the sum total of one league win! (Partick away; seen League Cup wins v Stranraer and Shrewsbury away).

Borderhibbie76
10-11-2013, 02:30 PM
I agree with you BPH about players trying hard. When we lose posession, we fight hard to win it back again.

However, the issue is with the movement. When 1 Hibs player is in possession of the ball, every other Hibs player on the park is static.

When you see 2 Hibs players passing the ball to one another, they're more of less standing in the exact same spot. There's no pass and move. Because of that, our play lacks any real flow.

It's as if players think that untill they have the ball at their feet, the jobs done and they don't have to be doing anything else until they get the ball back again.

That's what we continue to witness week in week out.

I despair. ..apparently we work hard off the ball to regain posession??? Not the match I attended yest. Our team bar robertson and maybe 1 or 2 others were lazy, looked unfit and most looked like they don't give a s###. Hope Butcher kicks them all over EM the next 2 weeks

Hibercelona
10-11-2013, 03:14 PM
I despair. ..apparently we work hard off the ball to regain posession??? Not the match I attended yest. Our team bar robertson and maybe 1 or 2 others were lazy, looked unfit and most looked like they don't give a s###. Hope Butcher kicks them all over EM the next 2 weeks

We do work hard to regain posession. I wouldn't say any of our players were too shy to put in a tackle.

It's what we do when we have the ball thats the main issue. Nobody seems to be looking for the pass. Too many players standing like statues, waiting for something to happen, rather than trying to make something happen.

I'm confident that Butcher will have seen it that way as well.

RSS Bot
11-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Disappointing loss at home

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10290~71446,00.html)

IWasThere2016
14-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Just brought myself to watch the highlights and we looked totally out-played.

I saw only pass and move from ICT - God knows where the idea of TB having them big, physical and one-dimensional came from!

I'll gladly watch a Hibs side playing like that thanks!

ICT were also denied a stonewaller when Maybury took their LB down.

Jonnyboy
14-11-2013, 07:37 PM

I saw only pass and move from ICT - God knows where the idea of TB having them big, physical and one-dimensional came from!

Reminded me of JC's Hibs at times :agree:

IWasThere2016
15-11-2013, 12:53 PM

Reminded me of JC's Hibs at times :agree:

True J. #74 just saw hootbaw fae ICT no doot :wink: :greengrin