PDA

View Full Version : Best Fans in the World - Did They Deserve It?

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Travelled to Amsterdam, knowing what to expect. Took one hell of a beating, and now play the innocents.

Dutch supporters are well known for their behaviour, might it not have been sensible to take a lower profile. Or, do they really believe that everyone loves Celtic.

Ajax need fined for THAT banner, but does it justify the Celtic fans going looking for trouble afterwards?

Biggie
09-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Bad enough when they come to Easter road!....best fans in the world, my arse.
Lemon greeting about everything these days....tackles, vine, Ajax, match kick off times.....shut the f up lennon

pacorosssco
09-11-2013, 09:58 AM
They deserve everything they get. Treated no worse than we get weeg.greetin face pondlife cannae handle it.its a conspiracy. Ajax hate them too.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-11-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm no fan of them but some of the treatment dished out by plain clothes policemen was an absolute disgrace at times, I'm sure had we been in that situation we wouldn't be happy about it.

Winston Ingram
09-11-2013, 10:08 AM
It's hilarious this best fans in the world pish. All they seem to have need to have done to self-proclaim themselves as this is sing another clubs song with their scarves above their heads and monopolise grief.

Now they are European footballs bitches on the pitch they have decided they still have to be best at something and why the Celtic board have tried to redirect the blame. It's almost as bad CSKA denying the racist chanting.

Let's see how great they are this weekend with it being Remembrance Sunday

lapsedhibee
09-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Ajax need fined for THAT banner, but does it justify the Celtic fans going looking for trouble afterwards?

Mitigating circumstances will be that no one has called them fenians for a while now (ever since Rangers died in fact), and they'd have been shocked beyond breaking point by that taunt. The reason that no-one has called them fenians is that the new club The Rangers was not admitted to the top league. So it's not TGFITW's fault, it's the fault of the other SPFL clubs' chairmen.

CB_NO3
09-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Waving Palestine flags in a prominently jewish city is asking for bother IMO. Deserve everything they got. Just as bad as the Huns IMO.

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2013, 10:13 AM
They deserve everything they get. Treated no worse than we get weeg.greetin face pondlife cannae handle it.its a conspiracy. Ajax hate them too.

and why is that ? or did that bigoted banner explain why ?

maturehibby
09-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Would hate to have been a innocent passenger on the Trams they attacked - would have been absolutely terrified

Allant1981
09-11-2013, 10:21 AM
My boss said her husband was there with their son and the celtic fans were givi g as good as the got in the pubs, goading people all night seemingly

18Craig75
09-11-2013, 10:22 AM
I don't remember any trouble when Scotland travelled to Amsterdam to play Holland.

Best fans in the world? Pash.

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm no fan of them but some of the treatment dished out by plain clothes policemen was an absolute disgrace at times, I'm sure had we been in that situation we wouldn't be happy about it.

this :agree:

Would hate to have been a innocent passenger on the Trams they attacked - would have been absolutely terrified

and this :agree:

pacorosssco
09-11-2013, 10:26 AM

I lived in dam and still close.fans just same as rantic.teepots

pacorosssco
09-11-2013, 10:29 AM

Missus work collegue was. Tram driver asked everyone to get up brace and move other side of tram.somebody got face splattered up window. Locals enjoying their perch. Drunken scots.sad

bronca
09-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Since living in Glasgow, I've seen a fair few groups of European fans come here for games against Celtic and Rangers. On encountering the Ajax fans on their recent visit, was the first time I thought there might be trouble: in the short time spent on my journey from work to Central Station I witnessed big groups of them acting aggressively towards people, playing dead and stopping traffic in the middle of the road, banging passing cars and buses and a few puking in the street, all around 4pm in the afternoon. Nothing totally violent or mental, but enough evidence for me to think that those boys might cause bigger problems later.

It was no surprise then, that when thousands of Tic fans went through to party in Amsterdam amongst these radges, there was gonna be trouble somewhere. I don't know the full details of what happened, so won't judge just yet, but will say that they were naive to think they were going to get the warm reception they believe they get everywhere else they go. Having now read some other posters reports, maybe they thought the Dutch behaviour back home gave some of them the misguided license to act like thugs, when they should have done the opposite. A childish 'they started it' mentality perhaps.

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Waving Palestine flags in a prominently jewish city is asking for bother IMO. Deserve everything they got. Just as bad as the Huns IMO.

The Ajax Judaism makes as much sense as the Celtic supporting Palestine. Amsterdam probably has more Muslims than Jews. That said, Ajax have no history of anti Irishness, and the Celtic fans are kidding themselves on to think that anyone else in the world really cares about them.

Everybody hates Celtic, even though they are the best fans in the world. Everyone who is not with them is Orange. Their minds must have gone into meltdown when they learned the name of the Dutch Royal family.

My boss said her husband was there with their son and the celtic fans were givi g as good as the got in the pubs, goading people all night seemingly

I find that hard to believe, all I saw on the news was people in hoops, with arms opened wide as they appeared to be inviting locals to share their cans of beer.

Onceinawhile
09-11-2013, 10:44 AM
What bigoted banner?

This was always going to happen from the moment the celtic fans stole some of tge ajax fans flags when they were in Glasgow and taunted them with them at the ground. That's what set the ajax fans off at parkhead and it set the tone for the away leg.

Onceinawhile
09-11-2013, 10:47 AM
The Ajax Judaism makes as much sense as the Celtic supporting Palestine. Amsterdam probably has more Muslims than Jews. That said, Ajax have no history of anti Irishness, and the Celtic fans are kidding themselves on to think that anyone else in the world really cares about them.

Everybody hates Celtic, even though they are the best fans in the world. Everyone who is not with them is Orange. Their minds must have gone into meltdown when they learned the name of the Dutch Royal family.

I find that hard to believe, all I saw on the news was people in hoops, with arms opened wide as they appeared to be inviting locals to share their cans of beer.

The ajax judaism is because a lot of other clubs (notably feyenoord) used the Jewish thing as an insult and the ajax fans then appropriated it for themselves.

To suggest that a team from Anne Frank's home city cant claim any jewish links as well is a bit odd imo...

Gustavo Fring
09-11-2013, 10:47 AM
What bigoted banner?

This was always going to happen from the moment the celtic fans stole some of tge ajax fans flags when they were in Glasgow and taunted them with them at the ground. That's what set the ajax fans off at parkhead and it set the tone for the away leg.

the ajax fans had a big banner that said f*nian *********s

pacorosssco
09-11-2013, 10:51 AM
The ajax judaism is because a lot of other clubs (notably feyenoord) used the Jewish thing as an insult and the ajax fans then appropriated it for themselves.

To suggest that a team from Anne Frank's home city cant claim any jewish links as well is a bit odd imo...
like I said teepots. Ajax have the arrogance of hearts the morals of celtic and the stench of the currents

green&left
09-11-2013, 10:51 AM
What bigoted banner?

Ajax had a massive banner in one of their ends reading 'Fenian *******s'

Also was alot of bother when Man City & Man Utd both visited the Dam.

Onceinawhile
09-11-2013, 10:52 AM
the ajax fans had a big banner that said f*nian *********s

Ahh right, can't say I'd heard anything about it until now. However at the end of the day, having your feelings hurt by a banner isn't really a reason to go looking for a pagger.

pacorosssco
09-11-2013, 10:52 AM

To suggest that a team from Anne Frank's home city cant claim any jewish links as well is a bit odd imo... the dutchies sold the german jew family out

Bostonhibby
09-11-2013, 10:53 AM
They are the best fans in their world in their heads, the problems arise when they step into the outside world.

If you over step the mark in another country you are at the mercy of how their authorities chose to respond. What did they expect would happen? - the Dutch to stand back and pay tribute to the self proclaimed greatest fans in the world as they ran amok.

Been to Amsterdam many times, Ajax games a few times - their fans are pretty much like the Uglies ironically.............

Bishop Hibee
09-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Their was always going to be trouble after the aggro at Darkheid.

I doubt Hibs fans would have stood meekly by if a fan was being attacked by what seemed to be an Ajax fan but was a plain clothed policeman. This is not a defence of Celtc as they have plenty morons in their support but which set of fans would have behavd differently?

libernian
09-11-2013, 10:57 AM
tbf, theres bawbags in every set of support... its just unfortunate the normal fans who were there to enjoy themselves and watch the football (just like us) get tarnished because of some people who were probably out for trouble.

in any case seems judging by parkhead stuff that ajax "fans" were more out for trouble than celtic, and they found it. i just feel sorry for any ordinary fans who got caught up in it.

libernian
09-11-2013, 11:01 AM

I doubt Hibs fans would have stood meekly by if a fan was being attacked by what seemed to be an Ajax fan but was a plain clothed policeman. This is not a defence of Celtc as they have plenty morons in their support but which set of fans would have behavd differently?

got to agree with this... think people have been charged for hitting the undercover police, but what were the police thinking? morons.

clerriehibs
09-11-2013, 11:10 AM
got to agree with this... think people have been charged for hitting the undercover police, but what were the police thinking? morons.

What do yo think the police were doing?

I suppose for a polisman, in uniform or otherwise, to attempt to arrest some probably pushed weenie ****wit was bang out of order.

Or do you think there were just random police attacks on completely innocent city of culture types?

Scottie
09-11-2013, 11:20 AM

tbf, theres bawbags in every set of support... its just unfortunate the normal fans who were there to enjoy themselves and watch the football (just like us) get tarnished because of some people who were probably out for trouble.

in any case seems judging by parkhead stuff that ajax "fans" were more out for trouble than celtic, and they found it. i just feel sorry for any ordinary fans who got caught up in it.

:top marksAlways going to be bother at this game.

green&left
09-11-2013, 11:25 AM
What do yo think the police were doing?

I suppose for a polisman, in uniform or otherwise, to attempt to arrest some probably pushed weenie ****wit was bang out of order.

Or do you think there were just random police attacks on completely innocent city of culture types?

Aye cos there's never been innocent UK fans battered abroad while supporting their clubs in Spain, France, Italy etc etc before.

Jack
09-11-2013, 11:43 AM
One of the TV reports here showed a group of 'plain clothes' neds causing a bit of trouble outside a cafe/pub inhabited by celtc fans.

My first thought wasn't they were just Ajax fans but possibly a joint effort from more than one group of supporters. Or even just a group looking for trouble.

Any of our Amsterdamers care to give their view?

Not that it would change my personal opinion that more than a few of TGFITW would have gone there intent on making trouble whatever happened. They must be pig sick their other half currently have the honour of inciting the last civil war in Britain known as the Battle of Manchester.

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2013, 11:47 AM

No evidence exists that there was any Semitic element involved in their founding, or subsequent leadership. Very few Jews played for, or supported Ajax. One reason could be that Sundays were a working day for Jews, and that's when Ajax played.

Many older Ajax supporters are embarrassed by the whole Ajax Joden chanting. The vast majority singing have no Jewish roots. Read some of Simon Kuijper's books on Ajax, Holland and Dutch Football.

The predominant religion in Amsterdam at the beginning of WW2 was the Dutch Reformed Church. There was a sizeable Jewish population. The Dutch ethos of tolerance meant there was co-operation, but Jews had little to do with football.

Amsterdammers might use the holocaust as a symbol of how the whole city suffered under the Nazis. Others might suggest that the Jewish sympathies are a manifestation of Dutch guilt. Films like Soldaat van Oranje and Zwaarte Boek, are good insights into the uneasy relationship the Dutch have with their history.

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2013, 11:50 AM
the dutchies sold the german jew family out

:agree: the only country where the Gestapo left the rounding up to the local police - due to their superior efficiency. Says it all about Dutch resistance.

pacorosssco
09-11-2013, 12:16 PM
:agree: the only country where the Gestapo left the rounding up to the local police - due to their superior efficiency. Says it all about Dutch resistance.
Rolled out red carpet at american hotel

pacorosssco
09-11-2013, 12:19 PM
No evidence exists that there was any Semitic element involved in their founding, or subsequent leadership. Very few Jews played for, or supported Ajax. One reason could be that Sundays were a working day for Jews, and that's when Ajax played.

Many older Ajax supporters are embarrassed by the whole Ajax Joden chanting. The vast majority singing have no Jewish roots. Read some of Simon Kuijper's books on Ajax, Holland and Dutch Football.

The predominant religion in Amsterdam at the beginning of WW2 was the Dutch Reformed Church. There was a sizeable Jewish population. The Dutch ethos of tolerance meant there was co-operation, but Jews had little to do with football.

Amsterdammers might use the holocaust as a symbol of how the whole city suffered under the Nazis. Others might suggest that the Jewish sympathies are a manifestation of Dutch guilt. Films like Soldaat van Oranje and Zwaarte Boek, are good insights into the uneasy relationship the Dutch have with their history. good post.ajax young muslims signing about being jews.......imagine as mental as prodestant scots thinking their irish catholics

pacorosssco
09-11-2013, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=Jack;3801703]One of the TV reports here showed a group of 'plain clothes' neds causing a bit of trouble outside a cafe/pub inhabited by celtc fans.

My first thought wasn't they were just Ajax fans but possibly a joint effort from more than one group of supporters. Or even just a group looking for trouble.

Any of our Amsterdamers care to give their view? Other teams were involved in disorder.

Not that it would change my personal opinion that more than a few of TGFITW would have gone there intent on making trouble whatever happened. They must be pig sick their other half currently have the honour of inciting the last civil war in Britain known as the Battle of Manchester..

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2013, 12:24 PM
good post.ajax young muslims signing about being jews.......imagine as mental as prodestant scots thinking their irish catholics

Can't think of anywhere that Protestant Scots sing about being Irish Catholics.

Interesting that AFC have been trying to distance themselves from all the nonsense, and that the Joden stuff actually turned "real Jews" off going to games.

Last time I walked through East Amsterdam, it was Ramadan, and even Albert Heijn was selling "everything you need for Ramadan". Nah, the Star of David has no place at the Arena. Just another boys game, like poppies on scarves, and PLO flags, that pays no respect to what they represent.

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Rolled out red carpet at american hotel

C&A and the likes of Aegon were very helpful, oh the irony. Very tolerant people the Dutch, they'll tolerate anyone that's paying them money. :greengrin

Anyway, regardless, I enjoyed seeing those tough weedgies taking a kicking, without as much as a "wait a minute". They maybe wish they'd not shouted "mammy daddy polis though".

Johnny Clash
09-11-2013, 12:44 PM
I was there when Hibs fans got caught up in trouble when we played Anderlecht.
Started by morons in our support but a lot of us ended up targeted by belt wielding local youths out for revenge. It wasn't clever and the Belgian cops weren't exactly acting like ambassadors for the Belgian tourist trade!

Over in Malmo some local saddos tried to kick off near the fountain but to the credit of the Hibees support - nobody was interested in their macho posturing and pavement dancing. So instead, we had a good time despite the result and got on fine with the locals. We don't claim to be the best support in the world because we are not obnoxious or arrogant.

10,000 Celtic fans went over to Amsterdam so there was bound to be a few radges amongst that lot. Some teamed up apparently with Feyanord fans looking for trouble and they got it.

A pub full of Celtic was attacked by a load of hoodies the night before the game. That was shown over there on the news so tensions were bound to be running high. The official line was 'to be wary and on your guard'. So the bright spark who decided to put Dutch plain clothes cops in amongst thousands of drunk Celtic fans in Dam Square needs their head examined. When they started making arrests they were sticking the boot in. Guaranteed to start a pagger as you would assume they were Dutch thugs.

Looks to me like all parties involved were at fault. No excuses just stupidity on all fronts!

Greendub
09-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Could have been worse, the F-side are known to play with TNT.

Killiehibbie
09-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Bad idea to have plain clothes police steaming in, in these situations uniforms are easy to identify and usually less likely to get attacked.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Celtic fans are ****. Dortmund fans are the best IMO.

vein
10-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Just heard that my 18 year old nephew was started on by them on the boat to Amsterdam. His crime being a help for heroes t shirt and being in the army (he was returning to Germany from a charity walk). Celtc fans were singing their wee ditty about lee rigby to him, they really are ****, just like their wee sevco pals.

Phil D. Rolls
10-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Just heard that my 18 year old nephew was started on by them on the boat to Amsterdam. His crime being a help for heroes t shirt and being in the army (he was returning to Germany from a charity walk). Celtc fans were singing their wee ditty about lee rigby to him, they really are ****, just like their wee sevco pals.

Another story the Scottish media will be scared to run with.

Bostonhibby
10-11-2013, 09:56 AM

****, the self annointed best fans in the world - they really aren't and never were or could be. Insular band if ever there was one, trapped by their romanticised view of their history - just a pity its less relevant today than it ever was. Bigots.

joe breezy
10-11-2013, 11:05 AM
I like Amsterdam and Ajax, even though they are the Dutch equivalent of the Old firm or Man U.

They still have a large hooligan / casual mob and they do run about the town centre a lot on match-day, saw it myself before Ajax Dynamo Zagreb.

Hibs have been in Amsterdam before and the only bother we had then was with Rangers fans and local dealers. The police seem to have got a lot of the dealers off the streets now - the aggressive ones anyway - and there does seem to be more of an Ajax casuals presence on matchdays.

It would probably kick off if Hibs played Ajax in Amsterdam being realistic.

Phil D. Rolls
10-11-2013, 03:13 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/tom-english-celtic-s-unsavoury-amsterdam-night-1-3182146

Tom English, pointing out that TBFITW knew what to expect.

DH1875
10-11-2013, 04:31 PM

Ahh right, can't say I'd heard anything about it until now. However at the end of the day, having your feelings hurt by a banner isn't really a reason to go looking for a pagger.

You lot are aware the Ajax boys ran amok in Glasgow attacking innocent people and smashing up shops and bars. They also done the celtic fans the night before the game in Amsterdam by attacking the bars they were in. The trouble had nothing to do with a banner :rolleyes:.