PDA

View Full Version : SFA charge Vine

Heedersnvolleys
08-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Rowan Vine charged by SFA for his twitter comments about Lennon.

Heedersnvolleys
08-11-2013, 12:06 PM
On SSN

Thecat23
08-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Nothing less than a season's ban :wink:

Joking aside, what happened to freedom of speech? he also said sorry if he offended Lemon.

Northernhibee
08-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Gtf sfa

Hibercelona
08-11-2013, 12:12 PM
If the same rule applied to every one. Lennon would be skint no? :confused:

Aldo
08-11-2013, 12:13 PM
One rule for 11 teams and a different rule for them.

It'll be a fine he'll get no a ban.

matty_f
08-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Lennon getting charged for singling Vine out in his post-match comments? No, didn't think so. What an absolute joke the disciplinary system is.

duffers
08-11-2013, 12:15 PM
A wee bit off topic.... But I really can't stand Lennon. The mans a welt. Publicly slates Hibs / Vine as being a dirty team, gets a wee bit of abuse back and all of a sudden Vine is in trouble. Take away the fact Vine is dire, it was a bit of tongue and cheek and Lennon seems to win again.

Aldo
08-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Lennon getting charged for singling Vine out in his post-match comments? No, didn't think so. What an absolute joke the disciplinary system is.

As I said Matty the powers that be are running scared of them. Always have been and always will do.

Rules for them and rules for us.

Heedersnvolleys
08-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Harsh as apologised almost straight away after it. As already said rule for one and a rule for others.

Prawn Sandwich
08-11-2013, 12:22 PM
He should be charged for having an offensive beard too!

Gus
08-11-2013, 12:22 PM
One rule for 11 teams and a different rule for them.

It'll be a fine he'll get no a ban.

That's what the opposition will be praying for Aldo, Hibs fans on the otherhand..........

Mikey
08-11-2013, 12:25 PM
That's what the opposition will be praying for Aldo, Hibs fans on the otherhand..........

Fans?

Gettin' Auld
08-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Rowan Vine charged by SFA for his twitter comments about Lennon.
He should be charged under the Trades Description Act for impersonating a footballer.

Aldo
08-11-2013, 12:38 PM

Indeed. Hadn't realised what I had posted Gus Gus

lord bunberry
08-11-2013, 12:38 PM
He should be charged under the Trades Description Act for impersonating a footballer.

Butcher will turn vine into the bearded Messi.

Aldo
08-11-2013, 12:40 PM

Pint of what yur on Please. ;-)

Phil MaGlass
08-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Pint of what yur on Please. ;-)

or a bearded mess

scoopyboy
08-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Will Hibs appeal a 16 match ban? :greengrin

brog
08-11-2013, 12:51 PM
What a farcical system! Takes them nearly 3 weeks to decide to do this. Lennon must surely also be charged. And they wonder why our football is a joke! The sooner Tel gets at them the better!

DAVE1875
08-11-2013, 01:00 PM

Or he'll force him to shave it off

Hibercelona
08-11-2013, 01:00 PM

I'm afraid we've been beaten to it. :wink:

http://soccer.indonewyork.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/messi-hobbit-2.jpg

monktonharp
08-11-2013, 01:01 PM
personally, I would like to see a blanket ban on any Hibernian employee using social media systems. as for speaking to any so called journos, employ a proper PR man and run it through him first. JimTraynor anybody?:offski:

Wilson
08-11-2013, 01:05 PM

Aye, we'll be appealing as it is too short.

Awesome beard though.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2013, 01:06 PM

He's halfway there already!

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/009/5/e/half_beard_man_reveal_by_thefake-d5qyxyn.gif

southsider
08-11-2013, 01:09 PM
He should be charged for having an offensive beard too!

And impersonating a fitba player.

blindsummit
08-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Whilst not commenting on the rights and wrongs of Rowan's case, it is farcical that Celtic and Sevco employees can get away with anything. From Fat Sally's dog whistle that could have got people killed and a stadium burnt down, to the continued sectarian filth sung at OF games, to Lennon's whiny accusations of thuggery against Hibs. If you are one of the ugly sisters, you can get away with anything. The list of OF transgressions is long, but the list of charges is very short.

Why do the other clubs like our own put up with this? Rod Petrie is in with the bricks at the SFA but to what end? What good has it ever done us when this nonsense happens?

Hibs7
08-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Should be charged with impersonating a football player !!!

RyeSloan
08-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Obviously I missed this story of the decade.

What did vine say about Lemmon?

H18sry
08-11-2013, 01:52 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/rowan-vine-faces-sfa-rap-for-neil-lennon-threat-1-3180964?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Vine should be sacked for wearing a maroon bobble hat on SSN :cb

hibbybrian
08-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Didn't lemmon reply to the tweet that ceptic would know how to set out to play against Hibs at darkheid :rolleyes:

lord bunberry
08-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Or he'll force him to shave it off

That wouldn't work, Messi would have to grow a beard to avoid confusion.

lucky
08-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Joke of a decision but some of the comments on here about a Hibs player disgraceful

Jones28
08-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Fans?

This :agree:

Leishy1995
08-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Lennon insuated that when he next face Hibs they would kick us off the park. So I don't see how he isn't getting in hot water apart from the fact he manages the great unwashed.

marinello59
08-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Lennon insuated that when he next face Hibs they would kick us off the park. So I don't see how he isn't getting in hot water apart from the fact he manages the great unwashed.

Lennon insinuated that his team would be more than a match for us physically. There have been similar statements made about our team in the past, ie nobody is going to bully us again. Vine, on the other hand went on to social media to suggest physical harm against an individual was a good idea. Regardless of whether or not it was a light hearted comment it was unbelievably stupid of him.

portohibee
08-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Ok, all being equal, should the ****s player be up against the beaks for his comments on twitter?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d4b78055-7320-e2e2.jpg

neither wonder our game is a joke

RyeSloan
08-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Lennon insinuated that his team would be more than a match for us physically. There have been similar statements made about our team in the past, ie nobody is going to bully us again. Vine, on the other hand went on to social media to suggest physical harm against an individual was a good idea. Regardless of whether or not it was a light hearted comment it was unbelievably stupid of him.

Seriously?

Reading the tweet it's clear it was tongue in cheek (or boot in face)...if that comment is worthy of an SFA reprimand then the worlds gone mad.

Saorsa
08-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Seriously?

Reading the tweet it's clear it was tongue in cheek (or boot in face)...if that comment is worthy of an SFA reprimand then the worlds gone mad.Indeed.

Then again I suspect it' only because it's about poor wee neil and he was greeting about it that they got involved. Be worth noting for anybody that uses twatter if any similar comments have been or are made tae see if the GFA get involved.

marinello59
08-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Seriously?

Reading the tweet it's clear it was tongue in cheek (or boot in face)...if that comment is worthy of an SFA reprimand then the worlds gone mad.

I am not saying it was worthy of a reprimand. I am saying it was pretty dumb of Vine to make that remark on Twitter. And it was. He would have done better to say nowt and do his talking on the park the next time we play them.

Just Alf
08-11-2013, 05:27 PM
So his tweet was worse than the guy who tweeted about blowing up Liverpool's john Lennon airport? If I remember that got thrown out by the courts and the police were reprimanded for wasting theirs and the courts time on something so trivial and obviously tongue in cheek!

MrRobot
08-11-2013, 05:31 PM
So his tweet was worse than the guy who tweeted about blowing up Liverpool's john Lennon airport? If I remember that got thrown out by the courts and the police were reprimanded for wasting theirs and the courts time on something so trivial and obviously tongue in cheek!

Hardly comparable. The police aren't exactly involved are they?

3pm
08-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Doubt it'll have an impact on the team based on his performances so far but the point is that he's banned for a what was effectively a joke. However, Vine has put himself out there and you run the risk of consequences regardless of how harmless the comments were intended to be.

I am not against the players being on Twitter but Hibs need to get a grip of some of the them.

NAE NOOKIE
08-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Rowan Vine was daft to tweet what he did.

The players should, if not be banned from twitter, at least told in no uncertain terms to to consider two things before comments on social media.

1 ) Is the subject of your comment a greetin' wee bairn

2 ) Are there folk out there in fitba land daft enough to make an issue out of it.

Just Alf
08-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Hardly comparable. The police aren't exactly involved are they?

That's exactly my point... Just goes to show how feeble all this is from the SPFL

Yeah it wasn't the brightest of tweets but jeez... Hardly earth shattering and he did follow up with an apology.

JimBHibees
08-11-2013, 06:29 PM

Only in the hope it could be extended. Joke. :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
08-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Surely Vine's been here long enough to know defending yourself after being singled out by an OF manager is disgraceful?

Nailrod
08-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Rod Petrie is in with the bricks at the SFA but to what end? What good has it ever done us when this nonsense happens?Perish the thought, but just maybe Rodders is more concerned with being "in with the bricks at the SFA" than anything that happens at ER?

SMAXXA
08-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Ok, all being equal, should the ****s player be up against the beaks for his comments on twitter?

As petty as it is that should be a pulling up offence also, no idea when he posted but it's more offensive than a lot of things, why is there an acceptance that people can say this?

Its got me bursting out my leather chaps so it has, I mean how can anyone.......it's fun to stay at the YMCA :greengrin

SMAXXA
08-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Joke of a decision but some of the comments on here about a Hibs player disgraceful

:agree: Won't ever change tho so best to ignore

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2013, 10:41 PM

that is quite pathetic, we really are a class apart from they pink mutants, and considering he looks like a reject from the village people...pffftt, they really do breed some t@ats at that vile club

Greencore
09-11-2013, 04:32 AM
Rowan vine gets investigated/potential ban for a social media comment (which he apologised moments after tweeting it) and no investigation against Anthony stokes for placing the ball forward during a free kick for celtic against Dundee United... And it was to be the winning goal for celtic that day, no investigation or match ban... How is that fair? Funny/weird that..

DAVE1875
09-11-2013, 06:09 AM
Rowan vine gets investigated/potential ban for a social media comment (which he apologised moments after tweeting it) and no investigation against Anthony stokes for placing the ball forward during a free kick for celtic against Dundee United... And it was to be the winning goal for celtic that day, no investigation or match ban... How is that fair? Funny/weird that..

SFA investigate and possibly charge Celtic?

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002452351/2422107393_are_you_crazy_xlarge.jpeg

green day
09-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Yep, its a bit pathetic Vine being cited for this, Lunny should be looking at on the pitch issues - Vine could deny it was him, say his kid / wife did it, whatever - Lunny shouldnt get incolved in social media.

However our new manager really needs to crack down on this Twitter nonsense at our club. Vine should have had his arse kicked by Hibs about that remark, as it was entirely classless (whatever the 'truth / fairness' argument).

While Lennon is a wee twat, we should have left it that he made a fool of himself by talking about 'rugbyesque tackles' - Vine just allowed the wee ginger scrote the high ground.

Mikey
09-11-2013, 09:44 AM

compliance.officer@scottishfa.co.uk is the e-mail address if anyone wants to report it.

brog
09-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Anyone got transcript of Vine's original tweet? I see the DR is already re-writing history by suggesting Vine said he would get Shearer to kick Lennon in the face. Now IIRC he said nothing of the sort but if this is not nipped in bud it will become another FACT!!
Also, any idea how we can get data re Lunny's raising of compliance issues? eg, how many, how many by club, how many upheld etc?

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Anyone got transcript of Vine's original tweet? I see the DR is already re-writing history by suggesting Vine said he would get Shearer to kick Lennon in the face. Now IIRC he said nothing of the sort but if this is not nipped in bud it will become another FACT!!
Also, any idea how we can get data re Lunny's raising of compliance issues? eg, how many, how many by club, how many upheld etc?

he did indeed say that....therefore it IS fact, he also claimed that shearer was his mate....although he did admit afterwards he has never even spoke to shearer

hibees 7062
11-11-2013, 07:03 PM
The Vines , met them today . Nice family :greengrin

http://2-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.trendhunter.com/cdn.trendhunterstatic.com/thumbs/xnhl-2012-season.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.hxordm4edD.jpg

basehibby
11-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Having read the "offending" tweet it's so obviously tongue in cheek that

a) Lennon is pathetic for objecting/reporting it if indeed he did

b) it's bloody ridiculous that the SFA are taking action

- surely the SFA have better things to do with their time - I mean - getting Alan Shearer to kick him in the heid ?!? - as if! :rolleyes:

snooky
11-11-2013, 07:20 PM
The Vines , met them today . Nice family :greengrin

http://2-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.trendhunter.com/cdn.trendhunterstatic.com/thumbs/xnhl-2012-season.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.hxordm4edD.jpg

Ahem, wrong family. That's the Bairds