PDA

View Full Version : No Sparky in Scotland squad.

silverhibee
07-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Thought he has being doing well down at Wolves and would have thought he would have kept his place in the Scotland squad.

Who is the striker Phillips in the squad.

Tyler Durden
07-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Matt Phillips is a winger, think Levein gave him a few caps. Lot of potential.

I've not seen any reports re Griffiths omission - is it possibly a case of Strachan letting him focus on Wolves with their busy league program? Not sure if they have games whilst these internationals are on?

If not it's a strange one.

Allant1981
07-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Think he plays for QPR, prob wrong though

Aldo
07-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Thought he has being doing well down at Wolves and would have thought he would have kept his place in the Scotland squad. Who is the striker Phillips in the squad.

Maybe Wolves have asked him to be left out Silver? Been doing really well down there and scoring a fair few.

Billy Whizz
07-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Wolves have a game that weekend, away to Notts County

Onceinawhile
07-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Yeh, bit of a strange one, you would think at least would have been mentioned by the media, he played the other day so he isn't injured.

As an aside what has ross mcormack done wrong? It seems impossible for him tobget called up.

TheFamous1875
07-11-2013, 08:33 PM
I don't think Sparky right now is imperative to the Scotland squad, he's only at the beginning of his international career. If all goes well, then he will be, no doubt about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jonnyboy
07-11-2013, 08:41 PM
I take it as a positive sign, Silver. WGS knows what Leigh has to offer and is blooding a few new guys which is exactly what he should be doing! Levein would be trying to coax Davie Weir out of retirement :greengrin

Hibercelona
07-11-2013, 08:44 PM
I take it as a positive sign, Silver. WGS knows what Leigh has to offer and is blooding a few new guys which is exactly what he should be doing! Levein would be trying to coax Davie Weir out of retirement :greengrin

:agree:

SunshineOnLeith
07-11-2013, 09:08 PM
He's not really taken to international football yet so maybe GS thought it better to let him focus on banging them in for Wolves for now?

J-C
07-11-2013, 09:38 PM
WGS said tonight that he'd spoken to the players left out and thanked them, they were not out of his plans, just felt he needed to have a look at a few others for the squad. This being a friendly maybe afew left out are more needed by their clubs, WGS knows what they can do, so they're not forgotten about.

Stax
07-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Yeh, bit of a strange one, you would think at least would have been mentioned by the media, he played the other day so he isn't injured.

As an aside what has ross mcormack done wrong? It seems impossible for him tobget called up.

Agree, Leeds main main man & doing it week in week out

jacomo
08-11-2013, 02:13 PM
The Wolves fans are having a full-on love affair with Sparky at the moment. His form is just fine and I'm sure WGS won't forget about him.