PDA

View Full Version : Let them in for FREE

SMAXXA
07-11-2013, 09:40 AM
If we do get TB what a nice gesture it would be to let the ICT fans in for free on Saturday as a gesture of goodwill for us taking their manager. Although the club will be sorted out with compo we can't get away from the fact this has probably severely impacted their preparation for the game.

some good publicity and would show not every club are heartless bassas.

wouldnt lose out that much either as they don't tend to bring many fans.

goosefat
07-11-2013, 09:45 AM
If we do get TB what a nice gesture it would be to let the ICT fans in for free on Saturday as a gesture of goodwill for us taking their manager. Although the club will be sorted out with compo we can't get away from the fact this has probably severely impacted their preparation for the game.

I agree. Lets let both of them in for free.

:tee hee:

Vini1875
07-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Good shout, assuming we do actually get him signed.

Peevemor
07-11-2013, 09:49 AM
RP just choked on his prawn sandwich.

Bostonhibby
07-11-2013, 09:50 AM

And we could get Rod to set up his barbecue and hand out some free food as they enter - seems about as likely!

Admirable sentiment but We are talking about Hibs here and Rods' approach to such matters, we could stick a couple of quid on the gate as we will have a bit of compo to pay Inverness :wink: - Rod might sanction handing out a few free pens if someone can nick round all the bookies early enough?

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Is this a wind up? :confused:

jonny
07-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Whilst I agree with the sentiment I think this could cause problems. If it was advertised that Inverness fans were getting in for free I'd imagine a fair number of walk ups would probably try their mit at getting into that end, some folk will probably see it as £22 saved - on top of that there would be potential for yams, h uns and the like also going in just for the sole purpose of causing bother or damage.
We could perhaps issue x amount of tickets to organised ICT supporters clubs.

We won't though. 200 people paying an average of £18 (taking into account kids prices) is still a few grand and our Rod won't let that slide.

SMAXXA
07-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Is this a wind up? :confused:

Eh no, why would it be? Just because its a break from the norm doesn't mean it wouldn't be the right thing to do or indeed a gesture if goodwill in the Scottish game.:confused:

Jack
07-11-2013, 09:55 AM
I thought about this the other day and considered it to be an administrative nightmare with everyone and their dugs crammed in the south.

I think the only way this could be done effectively would be something similar to how Killie bribed the celtc fans recently.

Sell the tickets at a modest price through the ICT website to known fans.

ronaldo7
07-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Maybe we could take McKay off their hands and give back OTJ. Let's call it quits:wink:

Brightside
07-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Eh no, why would it be? Just because its a break from the norm doesn't mean it wouldn't be the right thing to do or indeed a gesture if goodwill in the Scottish game.:confused:

So I'll pay top dollar so my 6yo kid can get in, but we should let the oppo fans in for free. No thanks. and its too late anyway.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 10:03 AM

Sorry, that came across more flippant than I meant.

Your idea is a generous one, but to me, letting them in for nothing would suggest we had done something wrong.

Headhunting is a normal part of business, particularly football.

And where would it stop? Should fans get in for nothing every time we sign one of their players? That would disrupt their team's preparations a lot more than the manger leaving on the Thursday/Friday before a game.

Bob1875
07-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Genuinely thought this was a wind up!

Bit patronising for the ICT fans if you ask me. We're taking your manager but here's a a few free tickets..

It's part and parcel of football, compo will be agreed between the 2 clubs, no goodwill gestures needed.

Can you imagine the rage if Celtic or The old rangers had took our manager and let a few hundred Hibs fans in for free to the next game. Just patronising..

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Oops, I just read Jack's post above.

I take it back, it's a great idea. I'd get in for nowt!

Make it happen, Rod! :thumbsup:

Geo_1875
07-11-2013, 10:04 AM
I don't see why. If ICT let their management team leave without compensation ok, but if not **** them. And if Butcher sits in the stand he should pay as well.

Islington Hibs
07-11-2013, 10:09 AM
I think the Club needs to think very seriously how it temps its understandingly disgruntled fans back given just how many let downs there have been. I think the OP is a good suggestion as it might encourage a bit of good will. Alternatively charge a fiver?

More importantly however unless TB (or whoever) really turns the team around and we start to play well, our season ticket sales will be well down next year. They have been flattered by a couple of Cup Final's and to make it three in a row would be asking quite a lot! Given there is hardly ever a scramble for tickets the club really need to find the right package to encourage our 8000+ holders back..... There must be ways of giving supporters back something which don't cost the club much. For example perhaps 6 free tickets to new season ticket holders to bring along mates (for non category A matches) or a free meal/ discounts in the under-utilised corporate facilities?

1two
07-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Remember that old team from glasgow, they took that GJP McLeish and the next game when they played us they let us in for free.

Sent from my M470BSE using Tapatalk

Gettin' Auld
07-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Genuinely thought this was a wind up!

Bit patronising for the ICT fans if you ask me. We're taking your manager but here's a a few free tickets..

It's part and parcel of football, compo will be agreed between the 2 clubs, no goodwill gestures needed.

Can you imagine the rage if Celtic or The old rangers had took our manager and let a few hundred Hibs fans in for free to the next game. Just patronising..

That post is almost exactly what i was about to say. No need for any condescending gesture.

Shrekko
07-11-2013, 10:28 AM
That post is almost exactly what i was about to say. No need for any condescending gesture.

Yeah!

It will never happen of course as the clubs will sort out what is reasonable compensation, but if it did it would rank as one of the cringiest moments of all time.

SMAXXA
07-11-2013, 10:30 AM
Yeah!

It will never happen of course as the clubs will sort out what is reasonable compensation, but if it did it would rank as one of the cringiest moments of all time.

:faf: Hardly clingiest moments of all time #dramaqueen

The_Exile
07-11-2013, 10:32 AM
I don't see why. If ICT let their management team leave without compensation ok, but if not **** them. And if Butcher sits in the stand he should pay as well.

Hiya Rod! :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
07-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Think we should just let them beat us instead, would be a nice gesture keeping with long traditions between our two clubs.

SMAXXA
07-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Think we should just let them beat us instead, would be a nice gesture keeping with long traditions between our two clubs.

:top marks That made me laugh

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 10:43 AM

I like the cut of your jib, but we should concentrate on matters with which we have a choice. :wink:

Hibrandenburg
07-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Nobody seems to take me seriously anymore :confused:

:greengrin

The Sea-gull
07-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Not sure I get this? So if TB is the new man, we should say "sorry for offering your manager our job, for him accepting it and us offering compensation which your Board agreed to so by way of apology come to the game for free."

What is happening now is what happens all the time in football. There seems to be a notion here that Hibs are doing something wrong. They are not. I know I commented on a thread earlier in the week that IF Hibs did not approach ICT chairman to chairman before talking to TB then I thought that was poor etiqutte however, we will never really know what went on. I know it may be standard for this to happen agent to agent first but the fact that it came out in the media has maybe soured things and had a wee bit of reputational damage.

We wouldn't even be debating this if it didn't happen to be ICT we were palying on Sat.

The gesture of goodwill ICT will get will come in the shape of the compensation for their staff and probably the fact that we will agree that they will not start their jobs until after Saturday's match.

Brightside
07-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Not sure I get this? So if TB is the new man, we should say "sorry for offering your manager our job, for him accepting it and us offering compensation which your Board agreed to so by way of apology come to the game for free."

What is happening now is what happens all the time in football. There seems to be a notion here that Hibs are doing something wrong. They are not. I know I commented on a thread earlier in the week that IF Hibs did not approach ICT chairman to chairman before talking to TB then I thought that was poor etiqutte however, we will never really know what went on. I know it may be standard for this to happen agent to agent first but the fact that it came out in the media has maybe soured things and had a wee bit of reputational damage.

We wouldn't even be debating this if it didn't happen to be ICT we were palying on Sat.

The gesture of goodwill ICT will get will come in the shape of the compensation for their staff and probably the fact that we will agree that they will not start their jobs until after Saturday's match.

and the goodwill should be to our own fans - who pay the bills and the compo that will bring Butcher to Easter Rd.

Onion
07-11-2013, 11:13 AM

Condescending rubbish.

ahibby
07-11-2013, 11:13 AM
and pass up the chance to use their money to part pay ICT compo for taking their management team, nae danger. ICT will add their gate money to their compo demands so we had better charge them.:wink:

SMAXXA
07-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Condescending rubbish.

Harsh, not the intention

The Sea-gull
07-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Not being harsh to ICT or their fans as they have never done anything to us and are in fact probably the most inoffensive group of fans to have graced the Premier league but it's not like they ever bring a great support to ER. Probably the smallest in the league though I concede I have not seen us play Ross County in the league at ER yet but they did bring a decent crowd to the cup game a few years back.

I can't even think of a time I have even heard the ICT fans sing and they have beaten us at ER a good few times. What are their songs? Can't recall them ever attempt to wind us up with chants or anything like that.

Letting them in for free would not cost the club a big loss but I still don't think there is any need to do it.

Shrekko
07-11-2013, 11:52 AM
:faf: Hardly clingiest moments of all time #dramaqueen

Sorry mate, didn't mean to be a #dramaqueen.

Next time you're in Kirkcaldy, the drinks are on me. Hope this makes up for it.

Spike Mandela
07-11-2013, 11:54 AM
How about we give them £1 for every ticket they buy. Seems a common thing to do these days.

Hibercelona
07-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Instead of letting them in for free. How about organizing some free transport to get more down from Inverness?

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2013, 12:10 PM

Is this a wind up.....

What next, letting St Johnstone fans in for nothing because we took Liam Craig:rolleyes:

KeithTheHibby
07-11-2013, 12:11 PM

Eh naw, we are a football club not a sympathetic charity.

SMAXXA
07-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Sorry mate, didn't mean to be a #dramaqueen.

Next time you're in Kirkcaldy, the drinks are on me. Hope this makes up for it.

:greengrin I will hold you to that :wink:

SMAXXA
07-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Is this a wind up.....

What next, letting St Johnstone fans in for nothing because we took Liam Craig:rolleyes:

Yeah a wind up :rolleyes:

Waxy
07-11-2013, 12:23 PM
I dont think we should let them in for free.
But for every ICT fan that turns up we should donate a pound to the ICT fans fund.

IFONLY
07-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Is this a wind up.....

Or charging them double because they allowed us to sign Rowan Vine

WhileTheChief..
07-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Crappy idea that should be quickly dismissed!!

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Yeah a wind up :rolleyes:

If it isn't a wind up, it is one hell of a stupid idea.....

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Or charging them double because they allowed us to sign Rowan Vine

Good point Tam:greengrin

Beefster
07-11-2013, 12:32 PM
If Hibs let ICT fans in for free, there would be about 2,000 ICT fans from Edinburgh at the game. Most of whom would probably normally be in the home end.

You can't be letting away fans in for free and charging home walk-ups.

ZS DOOM
07-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Harsh, not the intention

Not harsh at all. It's an awful idea

Sir David Gray
07-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Don't see why we should be letting anyone in for free.

If we do appoint Butcher, we haven't done anything wrong. It will be because our board believes he's the best man to take us forward.

In any business, companies have to do what's best for them and that's all we would be doing.

If we do take Butcher before the weekend and the Inverness fans are upset about that then it's just tough.

It's football, it happens. I'm sure they would get over it.

Hibercelona
07-11-2013, 12:47 PM
"Free transport"

The club could hire a few buses to encourage more fans to travel down from Inverness. If it adds another 40-50 to the gate, it would more or less cover the expenditure.

It's only a small gesture, so it wouldn't be patronizing. And we wouldn't be the first club to do it either.

IFONLY
07-11-2013, 12:52 PM
"Free transport"

The club could hire a few buses to encourage more fans to travel down from Inverness. If it adds another 40-50 to the gate, it would more or less cover the expenditure.

It's only a small gesture, so it wouldn't be patronizing. And we wouldn't be the first club to do it either.Maybe Hibs should look after their own fans and subsidise away travel. The crowd at Motherwell on Sunday was shocking, we normally take 1,500/2,000 to that fixture.

Brooster
07-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Free entry? Free transport? Toughen up eh.

Hibercelona
07-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Maybe Hibs should look after their own fans and subsidise away travel. The crowd at Motherwell on Sunday was shocking, we normally take 1,500/2,000 to that fixture.

It would cost the club a great deal more to offer free travel to Hibs fans for away games. Our away support is considerably larger than ICT's and the club wouldn't recoup any of the losses back, due to it being an away game.

If the club could organize some free transport for Inverness fans living up north, it would add to the gate figure and should more of less cover the costs of doing so.

Not to mention that it would be good PR for the club board thats been under a fair bit of negative pressure of late.

Free entry? Free transport? Toughen up eh.

Perhaps every other club in the league that's offered free transport to away fans needs to "toughen up" as well.

Oh wait, they're already tougher than us as the table would suggest. :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 01:06 PM
"Free transport"

It's only a small gesture, so it wouldn't be patronizing. And we wouldn't be the first club to do it either.

It would be financially pointless to do that.

All we'd be doing would be adding to our opponents vocal backing and subsidising their fans' day out.

A 50 seater coach would cost the best part of £1000. £800 for argument's sake.

We wouldn't get that back in gate money. Adults £22, under 16's £12.

And then we'd have VAT to pay and we'd miss out on the gate money we would have had from those who would have turned up anyway.

IFONLY
07-11-2013, 01:06 PM
It would cost the club a great deal more to offer free travel to Hibs fans for away games. Our away support is considerably larger than ICT's and the club wouldn't recoup any of the losses back, due to it being an away game.

If the club could organize some free transport for Inverness fans living up north, it would add to the gate figure and should more of less cover the costs of doing so.

Not to mention that it would be good PR for the club board thats been under a fair bit of negative pressure of late. Firstly I did not mention free travel, secondly my post is not about finance its about the team running out to a decent support.

iwasthere1972
07-11-2013, 01:23 PM

Could go a step further and donate £1 to Hearts for every ICT fan that turns up.

MrRobot
07-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Why should we care how the club see us? As if we haven't had managers and players poached from us. We have offered compo, we have spoken with him and offered terms, how is that bad from our standards?

Would we do it for any players we signed? Not a chance.

Mikey
07-11-2013, 01:24 PM
"Free transport"

Do you ever think through any of the ideas that you come up with?

Ozyhibby
07-11-2013, 01:34 PM
If it isn't a wind up, it is one hell of a stupid idea.....

100%

Jim44
07-11-2013, 01:53 PM
I think the traditional 3 points we usually gift them will be enough to be getting on with this weekend, thank you very much.

SMAXXA
07-11-2013, 02:03 PM
:faf:

cabbageandribs1875
07-11-2013, 02:06 PM
away fans/teams have quite a good day out(at our expense) as it is, let them pay for it

Sir David Gray
07-11-2013, 09:38 PM
The people who are wanting us to offer Inverness fans free entry and free transport to the game on Saturday, because we're potentially taking their manager, do realise that we're going to be paying them compensation to allow us to take him, right?

The way some people are going on, it's as if we would be taking Butcher to Easter Road while he's kicking and screaming and we're refusing to pay Inverness for taking him while he's still under contract.

I've never heard such nonsense.

Hibernia&Alba
07-11-2013, 09:53 PM
The Teuchters are as tight as two coats of paint. They'd bring ten thousand down for free entry, but upon we arrival we tell them there's been a mix up and they'll need to pay. We're quids in :bye:

nonshinyfinish
07-11-2013, 10:06 PM
How about we charge them to get in, but give every away fan some firewood and a tin of beans, to make sure they get a hot meal in them once they're back up the road?

We would need to bump the ticket price to cover wood and beans, though.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 11:30 PM
How about we charge them to get in, but give every away fan some firewood and a tin of beans, to make sure they get a hot meal in them once they're back up the road?

We would need to bump the ticket price to cover wood and beans, though.

Wait till they find out what we're charging for a box of matches. :tee hee:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Rare-Vintage-Match-Box-and-Contents-Scottish-Bluebell-Matchbox-and-Matches-/00/s/MzgzWDUxNA==/z/Zs8AAMXQO21Rrc-z/$(KGrHqFHJFYFGWM7O,QoBRrc-zReEg~~60_35.JPG

givescotlandfreedom
07-11-2013, 11:41 PM
Hope we gub them either way. Plastic roasters

maturehibby
08-11-2013, 12:02 AM
No danger they get in for free - they have the worst stadium in the whole of the premier league and charge maximum prices to enter that tip

nonshinyfinish
08-11-2013, 12:04 AM
No danger they get in for free - they have the worst stadium in the whole of the premier league and charge maximum prices to enter that tip

They'll have the worst stadium in the whole of the premier league once Hertz go down.

Sir David Gray
08-11-2013, 12:52 AM

Have you never been to Fir Park then?

Hibercelona
08-11-2013, 04:00 AM
Have you never been to Fir Park then?

Or Pittodrie, or Parkhead...

Not to mention St Mirrens lego block stadium.

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2013, 06:58 PM
away fans/teams have quite a good day out(at our expense) as it is, let them pay for it

and yet another good day out for away fans at ER....Absolutely ******* sickening

shagpile
09-11-2013, 08:37 PM
I think the traditional 3 points we usually gift them will be enough to be getting on with this weekend, thank you very much.

Done! In classic Hibs style. I am struggling to see where the next point is coming from, Butcher or no Butcher.