PDA

View Full Version : What changes if any would you like to see at Hibs?

RIP
06-11-2013, 05:50 PM
It would appear that most if not all journalists are pointing to the club for turning over so many managers since the SPL came into being. Some come with a good CV yet most leave with their reputation tarnished. Do we really believe that the majority of these managers were poor? Or like many commentators and an increasing number of supporters, do we suspect there are other changes required for the club to succeed. If so what which option gets your vote?

Hibbyradge
06-11-2013, 06:12 PM
I think we should capitalise on the new Chinese TV marketing opportunity that has quite brilliantly been negotiated by Doncaster et al.

We should copy Cardiff City and change our colour to red as it's deemed lucky and will attract Asian investment.

rcarter1
06-11-2013, 06:21 PM
I think we should capitalise on the new Chinese TV marketing opportunity that has quite brilliantly been negotiated by Doncaster et al.

We should copy Cardiff City and change our colour to red as it's deemed lucky and will attract Asian investment.

Being a bit slow on irony, are you suggesting the Chinese deal is a bit of a let down? You never know, the mighty Hibees could ignite the Chinese imagination.. :greengrin

EuanH78
06-11-2013, 06:34 PM
I think mostly, winning games should probably be the first change I'd like to see ;)

jonty
06-11-2013, 06:53 PM

:agree: we should get rid of all number 4's too 11258 So a season ticket would no longer be £425. Just £25

jonty
06-11-2013, 06:53 PM
It would appear that most if not all journalists are pointing to the club for turning over so many managers since the SPL came into being. Some come with a good CV yet most leave with their reputation tarnished. Do we really believe that the majority of these managers were poor? Or like many commentators and an increasing number of supporters, do we suspect there are other changes required for the club to succeed. If so what which option gets your vote?

Where's the option to evict the fans that boo?

rcarter1
06-11-2013, 06:58 PM
Where's the option to evict the fans that boo?

Great idea. In practical terms we could still use their cash, so why not a Booing section?

Eyrie
06-11-2013, 07:04 PM
Both a new executive chairman and a Director of Football would be my preference.

Sir David Gray
06-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Wholesale changes at boardroom level.

rcarter1
06-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Difficult to vote without knowing the facts, but the club will grow financially and footballing wise if they

enthuse the fans (entertainment, results and trophies)
develop youth (to achieve the above, and with a low wage cost, and big sell on fee).

The people in charge need to be able to assess these with knowledge experience and conviction. Rod builds, talks and announces, but so far doesnt seem to know diddly about the real football issues. Whatever the structure is it has to know what its doing on the football/development front.

Hibercelona
06-11-2013, 07:29 PM
I've said it before. But somebody at boardroom level who knows what shape a football is.

I have no issue with Rod Petrie remaining at the club. But his current position requires more responsibilities that he's capable of handling.

Thecat23
06-11-2013, 07:35 PM
I honestly think the success Hearts have had has put extra pressure on the managers at Hibs. We have had to watch them buy players they can't afford and play us off the park in many derby games.

As fans we start to get pissed at seeing our rivals doing well. We want top 6 finish at least and a good cup run/win a cup. Now Hearts are on their knees and let's be honest, if we had Leigh last Wed the game would be over by half time. Hearts got lucky! But with the state they are in I think TB will have time to build Hibs his way without added pressure of trying to compete with that lot. I think TB Hibs will do very well.

rcarter1
06-11-2013, 07:51 PM
I honestly think the success Hearts have had has put extra pressure on the managers at Hibs. We have had to watch them buy players they can't afford and play us off the park in many derby games.

As fans we start to get pissed at seeing our rivals doing well. We want top 6 finish at least and a good cup run/win a cup. Now Hearts are on their knees and let's be honest, if we had Leigh last Wed the game would be over by half time. Hearts got lucky! But with the state they are in I think TB will have time to build Hibs his way without added pressure of trying to compete with that lot. I think TB Hibs will do very well.

Particularly if he presides over one or more skull crushing thumpings of the JTs on their way to the 'the league to be in' Championship. Hero stuff in the making.. :pray:

jonty
06-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Great idea. In practical terms we could still use their cash, so why not a Booing section?
And put them beside the away fans. perfect :greengrin

jonty
06-11-2013, 08:51 PM

:agree:Hearts got lucky like we got lucky at Partick. If it is Butcher we should have more organisation about us. I give it 2 weeks before the 'his training sessions are awful' stories :greengrin

I'd like to see a DoF style role - someone that will outlast managers and keep a consistency (ie "the hibs way") about the club.

RIP
08-11-2013, 06:25 AM
Although not a large voting population it's interesting to note from the poll results that less than a quarter would like a brand new chairman. I agree with this. Rod Petrie has been a huge asset to Hibs clearing debt and building infrastructure and I think it would be difficult to persuade him to leave the club. It's been his life for over 20 years and he eats, sleeps, breathes Hibs.

To save money he tries to cover a lot of different roles including after Lindsay and Hyland left - a big slice of executive duties. Other clubs of our size or smaller appear to operate with either a Chairman / DOF or a Chairman / full-time CEO model.

If ICT and Motherwell perfom better on the park with these models - why not here? I reckon it gives a huge amount of support to the 1st team coach and strengthens the overall strategy and management of the football department by setting a long term vision, performance culture, playing style and targets.

down-the-slope
08-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Other

Rod as Non-Exec Chairman. He has so much experience and contacts in the game that our club would be foolish to loose that input and steady hand. His other commitments both Football and Non-Football mean his time is restricted when we need a firm directive hand. (reason for being Non Exec would be to give the space to new CEO to have full day to day control)

New CEO - track record in driving business forward by providing strategic leadership / change management / empowering others to excel in their areas of responsibility to drive improvement and to extract full value out of resources that have so skilfully been assembled (Ground / training centre etc)

Academy Manager - with full responsibility for recruiting for and running / providing continuity

Manager - Responsible for all 1st team and U20 (as this is effectively second string these days and provides matches for 1st team players etc and those close to break through) areas of club and staffing of such

We have fantastic staff / board in lots of areas of club already who work tirelessly behind the scenes

Hibbyradge
08-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Being a bit slow on irony, are you suggesting the Chinese deal is a bit of a let down? You never know, the mighty Hibees could ignite the Chinese imagination.. :greengrin

I think the Chinese deal is very good.

If we can make inroads into that market, the potential is enormous, but individual clubs have to capitalise on it.

We should be looking for Chinese match day advertising and exploring how we can increase generally our profile.

Unfortunately, green isn't the best colour to facilitate this.

Andy74
08-11-2013, 07:01 AM

If we can make inroads into that market, the potential is enormous, but individual clubs have to capitalise on it.

We should be looking for Chinese match day advertising and exploring how we can increase generally our profile.

Change it. What good has green ever fine us anyway?

Hibbyradge
08-11-2013, 07:53 AM

Indeed. I made that point in my first post on the matter. :agree:

http://jkhgroup.com/NYCLSRW2013.jpg

southsider
08-11-2013, 08:14 AM

You guys love a wind up eh ! We are the oldest green team in THE WORLD still playing in the green. Pretty good huh.

Moon unit
08-11-2013, 08:42 AM

Make it compulsory to bring your ...one child ..to games!

oramhibee
08-11-2013, 08:48 AM
:agree: we should get rid of all number 4's too 11258 So a season ticket would no longer be £425. Just £25

There's a 13 missing as well!

rcarter1
08-11-2013, 10:40 AM

Agree that it provides a very interesting opportunity for Scottish clubs. Looking at the colour green from a chinese cultural perspective there are some wins and losses. Apparently they traditionally consider blue and green as part of the same colour - called Qing.

Some terms associated include: East, Jupiter, 'New Yang (?)', Generative, SPring, Windy, Sprouting, Dog, Plum, Wheat, Rancid and Sour...

Not sure what a marketing team would do with that!

lucky
08-11-2013, 10:46 AM
I just don't get this demand for a director of football. It will just be another wage wasted on the non playing side. Hardly any clubs have a DoF in the UK. Who is to say that a DoF will suddenly change everything in the boardroom? Can anyone really say that PF has not been backed by RP and the board?