PDA

View Full Version : JC tells Rod to stop interfering

southsider
06-11-2013, 01:53 PM
If TB takes the job does anyone think he will not do so without total control over all football matters ar E R ? I hope so so we can cut Rod out of the loop.

Part/Time Supporter
06-11-2013, 02:30 PM
If TB takes the job does anyone think he will not do so without total control over all football matters ar E R ? I hope so so we can cut Rod out of the loop.

Appears John Collins has the same concern

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24837741

Former manager John Collins thinks Terry Butcher could move Hibernian in the right direction as long as there is no "interference from above". Inverness CT have granted Butcher permission to discuss the managerial vacancy at Easter Road. Collins resigned from Hibs in December 2007, citing frustration over his player budget. "If he's left to get on with the job and do it the way he sees fit then I'm sure he'll do well," he said.

Hibs immediately targeted Butcher following the resignation of Pat Fenlon last week. Caley Thistle hope to retain the former England captain, but the 56-year-old did not accept the new deal he was offered in the summer. Explaining his departure, Fenlon, who stepped down after nearly two years in the post, said the club "have been 100% behind me in every way".

But Collins, who won the League Cup with Hibs in 2007, told BBC Scotland that he felt constrained during his 14 months in charge. "Well, it's a big job of course, but as happened when I was at Hibs, there was a little bit of interference from above," said the former Scotland midfielder.

"Previous managers have struggled to get the performances and the results right, so hopefully if Terry gets the job then he can take Hibs forward. He's done an outstanding job at Inverness, there's no doubt about that. Hibs have a terrific infrastructure in place now, with the stadium and the training ground, so what they need now is a team that entertains on the park."

Collins was succeeded by Mixu Paatelainen, while John Hughes and Colin Calderwood had time at the helm before Fenlon arrived in November 2011.

Jack
06-11-2013, 02:35 PM

What loop is Rod in that one wouldn't expect?

Saorsa
06-11-2013, 02:40 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24837741I think Collins is making that up, I've read on here that Petrie disnae interfere. :agree:

Mikey
06-11-2013, 02:41 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24837741

He could do with putting a wee bit meat on those bones. "A wee bit interference from above" doesn't really clear much up.

southsider
06-11-2013, 02:42 PM
What loop is Rod in that one wouldn't expect?

Tends to put his nose in places where it is not welcome. See JC's statement.

Sergio sledge
06-11-2013, 02:45 PM
He could do with putting a wee bit meat on those bones. "A wee bit interference from above" doesn't really clear much up.

:agree: We get little snippets from various managers, Mixu, Yogi and Collins have all alluded to it, but no-one has come out and stated exactly what happened. Until they do I'll err on the side of thinking they are giving an easy excuse to cover their own failings as managers in that time. They know Hibs won't comment on a few little words in a press article so feel free to say what they want.

Jack
06-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Tends to put his nose in places where it is not welcome. See JC's statement.

Do you know what he is referring to?

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Is JC not still peeved that he wasn't allowed £1,000,000 to sign Stevie Naismith? Can't remember whether that's a fact? Or a .net FACT?

Golden Bear
06-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Do you know what he is referring to?

Whatever it was, his timing is rank rotten.

There was just no need to say anything at this stage of the current proceedings.

JimBHibees
06-11-2013, 03:12 PM

There was just no need to say anything at this stage of the current proceedings.

Tend to agree think JC needs to get over himself.

Hibee87
06-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Is JC not still peeved that he wasn't allowed £1,000,000 to sign Stevie Naismith? Can't remember whether that's a fact? Or a .net FACT?

Im sure this is an actual fact, it was for 2 players (cant remember exactly) but hibs offered (apparently) 700k for naismith and a.n other - Killi came back and wanted 1mill for the pair hibs said no and JC wasnt happy.

SMAXXA
06-11-2013, 03:16 PM

:agree:

Mikey
06-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Im sure this is an actual fact, it was for 2 players (cant remember exactly) but hibs offered (apparently) 700k for naismith and a.n other - Killi came back and wanted 1mill for the pair hibs said no and JC wasnt happy.

Hibs certainly made a big offer for Naismith but I never expected it to come to anything. In fact, at the time I thought that it was just RP driving the price up for Rangers!

Hibs were never in a position to spend the sort of money that was needed to complete Collins' wish list. Barry Robson was another one that was way out of our budget at the time.

silverhibee
06-11-2013, 03:17 PM

The Seagulls :dunno:

cabbageandribs1875
06-11-2013, 03:34 PM

i may be wrong, but 900K rings a bell with me for some reason, so i googled it and according to one site it was 1.2m http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs_bid_12m_for_kilmarnock_striker_stevie_naismit h_342806/index.shtml :faint:

MWHIBBIES
06-11-2013, 03:45 PM
I think Collins is making that up, I've read on here that Petrie disnae interfere. :agree:Yeah, if half the things people made up about Petrie on here were true we would be in real trouble.

Dashing Bob S
06-11-2013, 03:46 PM
:agree: We get little snippets from various managers, Mixu, Yogi and Collins have all alluded to it, but no-one has come out and stated exactly what happened. Until they do I'll err on the side of thinking they are giving an easy excuse to cover their own failings as managers in that time. They know Hibs won't comment on a few little words in a press article so feel free to say what they want.

If by 'a wee bit interference' they mean Petrie saying: 'you guys are *ucking pish and you'd better start getting results soon' or 'two hundred grand for this O'Brien boy, are you sure about that, John?' then good on him.

Jack
06-11-2013, 03:46 PM

Old rangers originally offered the pie men a sub standard pie and half a packet of stale cheese and onion crisps over 10 seasons for Naismith. Then Hibs stepped in.

I never thought Hibs were serious in their bids and called old rangers bluff till he was eventually sold for £2.5m most of which was paid up front and IIRC kept Killie alive to fight another day. I'm sure this was at the time the cash from the golden generation was sitting in our bank account.

I suppose between that and actually getting Claros [ref: Hibs Role in the Death of Rangers, chapter 6.2 'How the hell can we no sign him and Hibs can'] from under their noses Hibs really did get them really pissed off on occasions.

Now even if this is reviewing history with green tinted glasses, or is in fact just made up from an auld mans failing memory; this is the sort of thing that should become hibs.net FACT END OFF instead/or as well as all the other myths and mysteries that get trotted out from time to time ;-)

Mikey
06-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Old rangers originally offered the pie men a sub standard pie and half a packet of stale cheese and onion crisps over 10 seasons for Naismith. Then Hibs stepped in.

I never thought Hibs were serious in their bids and called old rangers bluff till he was eventually sold for £2.5m most of which was paid up front and IIRC kept Killie alive to fight another day. I'm sure this was at the time the cash from the golden generation was sitting in our bank account.

That's my take on events too.

AlbertK86
06-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Whatever it was, his timing is rank rotten. There was just no need to say anything at this stage of the current proceedings.

It's not antyhing he hasn't hinted at before and if you are naive enough to think big Tel has not spoken to JC or to some of those other previous incumbents then that's a worry.

Pretty sure big Tel is a stronger character than any of them and will know what if any kind of control he will let Rod have over footballing decisions.

Sure he was aware of all this without having to be reminded about it by a piece on a website

steakbake
06-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Hibs certainly made a big offer for Naismith but I never expected it to come to anything. In fact, at the time I thought that it was just RP driving the price up for Rangers!

Hibs were never in a position to spend the sort of money that was needed to complete Collins' wish list. Barry Robson was another one that was way out of our budget at the time.

God, that's a risky strategy. It's like getting a mate to bid something up on eBay.

The downside is if you get the winning bid and you end up with an item that you've no use for.

Golden Bear
06-11-2013, 03:57 PM
It's not antyhing he hasn't hinted at before and if you are naive enough to think big Tel has not spoken to JC or to some of those other previous incumbents then that's a worry.

Pretty sure big Tel is a stronger character than any of them and will know what if any kind of control he will let Rod have over footballing decisions.

Sure he was aware of all this without having to be reminded about it by a piece on a website

It disnae worry me in the slightest but somethings are best left unsaid. Unless of course JC has an ulterior motive but I can't think for a minute what that could be.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-11-2013, 04:08 PM

Good to see that Collins has moved his football career on though, and is still not trying to eek out a living casting up old stuff.

Kaiser1962
06-11-2013, 04:18 PM

Which employee doesn't get a "wee bit interference from above"? What would JC think if the players said the same......:stirrer:

Matty_Jack04
06-11-2013, 04:21 PM
What is this interference from above? saying 'sorry john we've went as high as we can who's next on ur list' isn't interference surely so when has he interfered?

down-the-slope
06-11-2013, 04:28 PM
God, that's a risky strategy. It's like getting a mate to bid something up on eBay.

The downside is if you get the winning bid and you end up with an item that you've no use for.

I am Commonwealth games standard at that particular discipline....:blushie:

Jim44
06-11-2013, 04:31 PM

He'll find that a tad difficult while he's firmly right up himself.

jacomo
06-11-2013, 04:33 PM

It's not really worth arguing about JC's time at the club, it won't affect us now.

What does concern me, however, is that successive managers since then have struggled in the job. It's been apparent for some time that Hibs is under performing, given the available resources.

I'm glad JC is speaking up and, for the first time, us fans are being allowed an insight into the goings on within the club. If this helps clear the air and give the next manager (whoever he is) the authority he needs to do the job to the best of his ability, then I'm all for it.

down-the-slope
06-11-2013, 04:37 PM
I heard JC on radio just after lunch...all that article on beeb online taken from that...he was being interviewed and being sycophantic about Ajax v Celtic match tonight...the question on Hibs / TB was just a small add on at end that if you add up quotes in I heard him say...

By interference I think he means that hibs had / have a wage structure that they won't break .. so rather than a budget that is £X that the manager can spend half on 2 players and rest on cheapies (potentially causing dressing room disharmony) the negotiating for players identified by manager is done by CEO / ROD within budget and structure... (and thats the way it should be....JC failed after he left us and should just stop harking back to find reasons for his failings)

No managers I am aware of negotiate deals...they are way to complex and legal these days...lets face it we have had some managers over the years who hadn't the skills to identify a player of any quality...let alone negotiate a financial deal

HibeesLA
06-11-2013, 04:38 PM
What is this interference from above? saying 'sorry john we've went as high as we can who's next on ur list' isn't interference surely so when has he interfered?

I think we need to know if RP has a fax machine, or maybe some golden sticks.

Jack
06-11-2013, 04:42 PM
I heard JC on radio just after lunch...all that article on beeb online taken from that...he was being interviewed and being sycophantic about Ajax v Celtic match tonight...the question on Hibs / TB was just a small add on at end that if you add up quotes in I heard him say...

By interference I think he means that hibs had / have a wage structure that they won't break .. so rather than a budget that is £X that the manager can spend half on 2 players and rest on cheapies (potentially causing dressing room disharmony) the negotiating for players identified by manager is done by CEO / ROD within budget and structure... (and thats the way it should be....JC failed after he left us and should just stop harking back to find reasons for his failings)

No managers I am aware of negotiate deals...they are way to complex and legal these days...lets face it we have had some managers over the years who hadn't the skills to identify a player of any quality...let alone negotiate a financial deal

Even Harry Rednap left it to his dug :-)

TowerHibs
06-11-2013, 04:47 PM

i'm not too sure 3 decent guys would speak complete nonsense. And it it has certainly been said a lot on here that something is wrong with the club at board room level.....or is that only when it suits us????

RIP
06-11-2013, 05:16 PM
One think I don't like to read in the media is the suggestion that by taking the first team coach job at Hibs you are effectively derailing your managerial career. One Saints fan at work described Easter Road as 'The Managers Graveyard' last week

OK - nobody's come out in the press and stated that explicitly but it seems the journos are lining up these stories about an autocratic style hampering our progress - Graham Spiers was the latest over the weekend

Faced with all this flak I wonder if Rod will use this season to go back upstairs and have Terry Butcher reporting to a CEO or DOF like he did at ICT

hibsbollah
Always interesting to listen to JC :agree: In my opinion if you look at Petrie and Collins and take the former's word over the latter there's something seriously wrong with your judgement.

hibbydog
Another week, another John Collins article in the papers. He talks an excellent game, but is too quick to forget that his own shortcomings.

Great guy, and I was gutted it didn't work out for him at Hibs, but it's time he just shut his pus.

Danderhall Hibs
06-11-2013, 05:36 PM

He done that previously when he explained Rod was lining up Nish and Rankin for him.

J-C
06-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Would there really be disharmony amongst the players if a really top player was payed a bit more, surely that works elsewhere no problem

lord bunberry
06-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Another week, another John Collins article in the papers. He talks an excellent game, but is too quick to forget that his own shortcomings.

Great guy, and I was gutted it didn't work out for him at Hibs, but it's time he just shut his pus.

I don't think he should shut his pus, I wish he or someone else would come out and say exactly what the problem is at er. For years we've been hearing these rumours but no-one has ever spilled the beans. Its either a few people who have an axe to grind with petrie or there is indeed to much interference from above. If its the lattet then something has to be done about it.

God Petrie
06-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Would there really be disharmony amongst the players if a really top player was payed a bit more, surely that works elsewhere no problem

Yeah it's not like Ronaldo had to renegotiate a deal after Bale signed because he was no longer top earner.

Hibbyradge
06-11-2013, 05:51 PM
JC is a slaver.

rcarter1
06-11-2013, 05:52 PM

Agree. I used to think Rods way was the right way, but there is little evidence that its worked for us. For one thing it makes us seem a little 'communist', and must be a real pain for a manager. Pat alluded to this at times. If we were to get our youth back on track, we could hopefully lean on them a little more, freeing wages for the experienced 'star' players.

Part/Time Supporter
06-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Yeah it's not like Ronaldo had to renegotiate a deal after Bale signed because he was no longer top earner.

Erm, he did. And he is.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=ronaldo+contract+bale+highest+paid+player

lord bunberry
06-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Erm, he did. And he is.

I think he was being sarcastic

HibbyAndy
06-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Erm, he did. And he is.

Ahink he was being sarcastic :greengrin

greenlex
06-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Agree. I used to think Rods way was the right way, but there is little evidence that its worked for us. For one thing it makes us seem a little 'communist', and must be a real pain for a manager. Pat alluded to this at times. If we were to get our youth back on track, we could hopefully lean on them a little more, freeing wages for the experienced 'star' players.There are several youth players in and about our first team squad. Over the years players have played in the first team and given their chance. Few of them manage the step up. I dont think there is much wrong with the youth set up. Its the first team that needs sorting

Danderhall Hibs
06-11-2013, 05:57 PM
JC is a slaver.

JC says you're a radge.

legends of 73
06-11-2013, 06:01 PM
JC is a slaver.

Do you not mean jc1 is a slaver

Hibbyradge
06-11-2013, 06:02 PM
JC says you're a radge.

I believe you.

Merely confirms my previous post.

rcarter1
06-11-2013, 06:02 PM
There are several youth players in and about our first team squad. Over the years players have played in the first team and given their chance. Few of them manage the step up. I dont think there is much wrong with the youth set up. Its the first team that needs sorting

The two statements kind of go against each other. For all I know Handling, Harris, Caldwell, Forster, Stanton et al will step to the plate soon, but as you say very few are stepping up now. No point at all in a youth set up if none - or very few make the grade. Even Rod must be scratching his head at the lost millions he may have assumed would be generated by selling all our young talent.

hibbymark
06-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Ive never really understood the JC love in to be honest. He inheritated a very good Hibs side that went on to win the cup. For a guy who has hardly went on to bigger and better thing since resigning as Hibs boss, he has a hell of a lot to say on all matters football and talks on the telebox like he invented the Ajax academy and was the coach of Barcelona. Time to move on from the constant digs at Hibs and slow down on the greecian 2000 as well John,get some tunes or take that clothes peg of your nose when your talking.:wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
06-11-2013, 06:17 PM
I am Commonwealth games standard at that particular discipline....:blushie:

Chainsaw-powered quad bike anyone?

IWasThere2016
06-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Former managers will be limited in what they can say as I'd imagine RP got them to sign compromise agreements to receive pay-offs. Privately, I'm sure they'd tell a fuller story..

As for the Naismith bid - it was contrived to push Rangers' price up. The player had less intention of playing for Hibs than RP had of spending £1.2m

hibsbollah
06-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Regardless of anything else JC-related, I really don't like it when this crops up. JC's team won us that cup, not Mowbray's. It was his players who he got the best of or gave a chance to (McNeil, Stevenson, Jones, Benji) his preparation, his motivation. Whether you like him or not it's not fair to diminish his achievement by making out like he had nothing to do with it.

:top marks The 'mowbrays team won the cup' chat always gets an airing, but isnt accurate.

The Falcon
06-11-2013, 06:44 PM
I don't think he should shut his pus, I wish he or someone else would come out and say exactly what the problem is at er. For years we've been hearing these rumours but no-one has ever spilled the beans. Its either a few people who have an axe to grind with petrie or there is indeed to much interference from above. If its the lattet then something has to be done about it.

Totally. If they have got something to say then say it and stop pussying about. Grow a set FFS. All this nods and winks about Rankin (who did ok before us and seems to be doing ok now but that'll be Rod's fault) or Nish (not so but still in the SPL top ten) and if they werent happy they should come out and say.

If by 'a wee bit interference' they mean Petrie saying: 'you guys are *ucking pish and you'd better start getting results soon' or 'two hundred grand for this O'Brien boy, are you sure about that, John?' then good on him.

It may just be this simple Bob and if so then he's only doing his (unpaid) job.

"Ivan Sproule on a motorbike? Oh well we better snap him up, what a bargain!"

Viva_Palmeiras
06-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Ive never really understood the JC love in to be honest. He inheritated a very good Hibs side that went on to win the cup. For a guy who has hardly went on to bigger and better thing since resigning as Hibs boss, he has a hell of a lot to say on all matters football and talks on the telebox like he invented the Ajax academy and was the coach of Barcelona. Time to move on from the constant digs at Hibs and slow down on the greecian 2000 as well John,get some tunes or take that clothes peg of your nose when your talking.:wink:

Didn't realise that JC made constant digs at Hibs? Still is there need to take a personal pop at him?

The JC love-in?

A truly world class player who honed his skills at Easter road endears him to many he also got us playing some great stuff and punched above our weight IMO. I suppose it depends which era you grew up watching Hibs but as a "child" of the Miller era I could never have dreamed of winning a cup in such style.

Would Fenlon or CC have own that cup? If these players simply needed to be put in auto-pilot to win a cup how come the Scottish Cup eluded them? To acknowledge the things he did wrong it's only fair to acknowledge the things he did right.

Are you really giving JC gip for his "cultured" views on the game based on his experience? I wonder what Lineker would make of his views - he'd probably agree with many. JC is now a pundit (although did I see he now has a role in the SFA?) so his views are what he's paid to discuss. I'd hold him in higher esteem than Mikey Stewart tho'

hibbydog
06-11-2013, 08:01 PM

I think he should.

Oi, Collins, shut yer pus!

Joking aside I reckon most of JC's comments in the press are motivated by self interest. E.g this article about Petrie interfering and his repetitive observations about passing football and quality of coaching.

Whilst he might have some good points I feel he's trying to o hard to show his qualities as a manager/ football purist. The reality is that he signed far too many Shan players and he left Hibs as soon as he realised this.

Talks the talk but can't walk the walk.

J-C
06-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Do you not mean jc1 is a slaver

Should you no be out at the airport with all yer private hire buddies, instead of posting the usual cheeky sly personal digs. :na na:

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2013, 08:18 PM
I think he should.

Oi, Collins, shut yer pus!

Joking aside I reckon most of JC's comments in the press are motivated by self interest. E.g this article about Petrie interfering and his repetitive observations about passing football and quality of coaching.

Whilst he might have some good points I feel he's trying to o hard to show his qualities as a manager/ football purist. The reality is that he signed far too many Shan players and he left Hibs as soon as he realised this.

Talks the talk but can't walk the walk.

Collins took over Mowbrays team and had them playing some sensational stuff, Motherwell away when we won 6-1 was one of the best displays i have seen from a Hibs side, and we had another very healthy crowd through there that day.

Now compare Sundays travelling support to that 6-1 game, and that tells you how much folk want to be entertained.

He won us the cup, another great day. Yet when he was given the money to spend, and assemble his team, he failed miserably.

You only have to go through the players he brought to the club, with decent fee's and big wages and in my opinion that was the start of the downward spiral, and the manager having to get rid of dross.

Something each manager since has had to do, Butcher as folk have said does not have as much drivel to get rid of, but does need at least 5 players to get to where i think we should be.

jacomo
06-11-2013, 08:42 PM
He done that previously when he explained Rod was lining up Nish and Rankin for him.

Nish deal definitely originated from the Boardroom. The returns of Deeks and O'Connor too I think.

Jonnyboy
06-11-2013, 08:55 PM
Loved JC as a player

Grateful to him for his part in us winning the CIS Cup

Wish he would put up or shut up though

If he's got anything to say that's revelatory then let's hear it rather than these snide digs

Hibercelona
06-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Has it not occured to anyone that there was perhaps something in his release clause that prevents him going into any great depth about things that went on behind the scenes during his tenure at the club?

Perhaps JC and a couple of others want to go into greater depth, but they simply aren't able to do so.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that club boards put things in contracts to cover their own erses.

Jonnyboy
06-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Has it not occured to anyone that there was perhaps something in his release clause that prevents him going into any great depth about things that went on behind the scenes during his tenure at the club?

Perhaps JC and a couple of others want to go into greater depth, but they simply aren't able to do so.

I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that club boards put things in contracts to cover their own erses.

I agree it's possible but if it is indeed the case then JC should say nothing at all. It's disrespectful to the club and the supporters IMO.

Has it occurred to you or indeed anyone that JC is so minted he probably doesn't give a flying one about confidentiality clauses!

Hibercelona
06-11-2013, 09:16 PM
I agree it's possible but if it is indeed the case then JC should say nothing at all. It's disrespectful to the club and the supporters IMO.

Has it occurred to you or indeed anyone that JC is so minted he probably doesn't give a flying one about confidentiality clauses!

If JC and others know something that may be detrimental to the club and in the fans best interest to know. Would it not be disrespectful to say nothing about it at all?

JC may be loaded. But the breaking of such contracts can go beyond cash fines and can lead to jail time and a criminal record.

RIP Bestie
06-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Maybe something to do with inviting the players round to his house behind JC's back for them to stick the knife in? Just a thought!!

Jonnyboy
If JC and others know something that may be detrimental to the club and in the fans best interest to know. Would it not be disrespectful to say nothing about it at all?

JC may be loaded. But the breaking of such contracts can go beyond cash fines and can lead to jail time and a criminal record.

Like I said if he's not got the balls to spill his guts he should STFU

blackpoolhibs

Collins resigned, why would he have signed anything?:confused:

Jonnyboy
06-11-2013, 09:19 PM

That's why he resigned (bailed out) G because he couldn't sign ........... oh wait :greengrin

Silky
06-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Would be nice if bitter ex-managers stopped interfering. That ship's sailed, Collins, and Hibs have moved on. Maybe time you did too!

Jonnyboy
06-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Would be nice if bitter ex-managers stopped interfering. That ship's sailed, Collins and Hibs have moved on. Maybe time you did too!

It would appear JC hasn't, after his ill timed comments today

Hibercelona
06-11-2013, 09:33 PM

Your absolutely correct. However, rules on the companies confidentiality doesn't just have to be contained within a release clause.

Vini1875
06-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Don't think it is ill timed. Many times I have read on Hibs forums about things not being right at Hibs, not just the various managers. I respect RP and STF, but I also suspect that they are part of the problem.

legends of 73
06-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Should you no be out at the airport with all yer private hire buddies, instead of posting the usual cheeky sly personal digs. :na na:

Night in the pub mate making too much money at the airport

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Your absolutely correct. However, rules on the companies confidentiality doesn't just have to be contained within a release clause.

If Collins felt hard done by, he and anyone else with a proper gripe would have let it know just what it was by now.

Collins especially, as he's rich enough and Hibs would not want the publicity arguing whatever he said in a court case. Where everything could come out in the open, IF there was anything to come out?

Yet here we are 6-7 years later and neither Collins or Hughes have said one thing that would constitute any sort of grievance apart from they couldn't get the players they were after.

Its all nudge nudge, with no substance whatsoever.

Jonnyboy
06-11-2013, 09:49 PM
If Collins felt hard done by, he and anyone else with a proper gripe would have let it know just what it was by now.

Collins especially, as he's rich enough and Hibs would not want the publicity arguing whatever he said in a court case. Where everything could come out in the open, IF there was anything to come out?

Yet here we are 6-7 years later and neither Collins or Hughes have said one thing that would constitute any sort of grievance apart from they couldn't get the players they were after.

It's the timing that stinks G. We're trying to get a new man in and JC comes out with this stuff. Poor show from him and to me it stinks of sour grapes

blackpoolhibs
06-11-2013, 09:51 PM
It's the timing that stinks G. We're trying to get a new man in and JC comes out with this stuff. Poor show from him and to me it stinks of sour grapes

He's rent a quote these days, his managers days are a distant memory. :agree:

Hibercelona
06-11-2013, 09:57 PM

I'm not trying to pass anything off as factual. I'm just throwing something else into the debate that nobody else has brought up yet.

There's no easy way to say if somebody would just come out if they had a gripe or not. It would depend on the type of person and the situation they find themselves in.

Hibercelona
06-11-2013, 10:01 PM

Why is it ill timed?

If he feels the Petrie interfered too much while he was here and we're now bringing in our 5th manager since he left 6 years ago, then wouldn't now be a highly relevant time to say it?

Mikey
06-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Maybe something to do with inviting the players round to his house behind JC's back for them to stick the knife in? Just a thought!!

RP invited them round? That's a new spin on it!

As I posted on the PM board yesterday..........

As was mentioned on the main board yesterday, at the next transfer window the ringleaders were shipped out and Collins was still there.

The damage that those players did by turning up at RP's house in the first place has lasted for years.

RP did exactly what he should have done. He listened to them and sent them packing.

Making things up does us no favours at all.

RIP
06-11-2013, 10:03 PM
The trouble is that Mixu, Yogi, Collins, Kane are all supporters as well as former players or managers. They care about the club and have all shared concerns about the way the club is run from the top.

It's the same at LWT meetings where the attendees are highly pro-club just mostly critical of certain aspects of the way THEIR club is adminstered. Does that make them disloyal? Is Mike Riley disloyal? Is Baldy Foghorn disloyal? I see them all as 110% loyal, passionate Hibbies who feel that unless they speak out no improvements will be made where they think it matters most.

GGTTH

Jonnyboy
06-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Why is it ill timed?

If he feels the Petrie interfered too much while he was here and we're now bringing in our 5th manager since he left 6 years ago, then wouldn't now be a highly relevant time to say it?

You'll not be surprised to hear that I disagree. If JC has facts, let's hear them instead of the loosely worded sniping he's offered up

Mikey
06-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Why is it ill timed?

He's not saying "it" though, is he? He's chucking a bone to the dafties who want there to be problems so they can have a good chew on it.

Mikey
06-11-2013, 10:06 PM
You'll not be surprised to hear that I disagree. If JC has facts, let's hear them instead of the loosely worded sniping he's offered up

Indeed.

IWasThere2016
06-11-2013, 10:13 PM

RP did the same with Nid returning between managers

poolman
06-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Hibs then Charliwah then Livvy then telly

Says it all for me

RIP Bestie
06-11-2013, 10:15 PM

As I posted on the PM board yesterday..........

Making things up does us no favours at all.
I'm with you on this Mikey. I don't think there are any issues with interference as he suggests. I was merely trying to understand and put forward a suggestion as to his thinking.

jdships
06-11-2013, 10:21 PM
He's rent a quote these days, his managers days are a distant memory. :agree:

Exactly !!
Don't quite get his reasons for giving this interview other than sour grapes
He "failed" as a manager at ER because of his lack of man management skills .

Great player and great guy to spend time with just wish he would let things be .

There is an old rugby saying " What happens on tour stays on tour " he would do well to adopt that
:rolleyes:

Hibercelona
06-11-2013, 10:24 PM
He's not saying "it" though, is he? He's chucking a bone to the dafties who want there to be problems so they can have a good chew on it.

No Hibs fan wants there to be problems at the club. Where would be the logic in that?

Some fans just feel that if there actually are problems, then they should be addressed, not simply disregarded and ignored.

Frustration is always going to make people more vocal on the matter and the frustration has been growing within the fanbase for quite some time.

I'd like to think that JC's comments are simply sour grapes and nothing more. But i'm not going to completely disregard them, just because I don't want to believe them.

jacomo
06-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Why is it ill timed?

:agree:

Mibbes Aye
06-11-2013, 11:07 PM

I don't believe that's true. Can you explain how that would work?

Contracts between a Hibs manager and the Hibs board would come under civil law, not criminal law. All that means is that if the ex-manager broke the contract he could be sued. Are you making things up?

cabbageandribs1875
06-11-2013, 11:20 PM
Nish deal definitely originated from the Boardroom. The returns of Deeks and O'Connor too I think.

i think it's safe to add ivan sproule to that list(imo of course)

Hibbyradge
06-11-2013, 11:24 PM
i think it's safe to add ivan sproule to that list(imo of course)

It's safe........ (IMO of course)?

So it's not safe at all then?

Must be a dotnet FACT.

Kaiser1962
07-11-2013, 04:11 AM

Didnt even get to the next transfer window Mikey.

Stewart was punted 4 days after the draw with Dunfermline.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-449579/Stewart-booted-Hibs-Collins-hits-back.html

Yet folk still say that Petrie failed to back Collins?

Libby Hibby
07-11-2013, 04:57 AM
Collins always comes across very bitter in interviews when talking about his managerial stint with Hibs. Perhaps there was interference but in what line of work does a boss not interfere when things are not going right?

I wanted it to work out with you, it didn't

Move on Collins, I have.

Funny also BBC run with a negative slant (again) on a story regarding Hibs...obviously Butcher is well liked and respected so can't run a positive story on where he is looking like going, oh no, that's not very BBC, let's do a piece on slagging Hibs, getting dig in on the board, that has fully supported the last 4 managers IMO, regarding a potential managerial move before it's official.

Fantastic reporting.

500miles
07-11-2013, 05:55 AM
Collins has walked away from every managerial/ DOF position he's had blaming everyone and everything else. Hibs was Petrie, Chaleroi was his kids being too far away, Livi was his mates getting sacked.

He's not got the desire when things get difficult.

Oh, and JC always claims never to have needed the money, but still signed a clause to keep quiet for a diddy payout from Hibs? Makes no sense to me.

Peevemor
07-11-2013, 05:56 AM
If Collins was a bscuit, he'd eat himself.

I loved him as a player but he should just shut his cakehole now.

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2013, 06:24 AM
RP did the same with Nid returning between managers

But for some reason folk are dismissing this has been said and are looking for more "meat on the bones".

If Collins was a bscuit, he'd eat himself.

I loved him as a player but he should just shut his cakehole now.

Too unhealthy. Now if he was a banana...

J-C
07-11-2013, 06:36 AM
Apart from Mowbray abd perhaps even JC at 1st, Petrie and managers don't go together. I've always wondered why after we get a manager who when they 1st arrive look good from past history or on paper, suddenly after 1 season it all seems to go to pot, is it Petrie's lack of ambition and major interest in balancing the books.

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Apart from Mowbray abd perhaps even JC at 1st, Petrie and managers don't go together. I've always wondered why after we get a manager who when they 1st arrive look good from past history or on paper, suddenly after 1 season it all seems to go to pot, is it Petrie's lack of ambition and major interest in balancing the books.

I'm no Rod Petrie fan, but EVERY manager gets backed in hard cash more than any other manager in this league bar Celtic.

And they get just as much as Aberdeen, sometimes a little more sometimes a little less.

That's not lack of ambition in my opinion.

chrisski33
07-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Wish jc would shut up now. Its time to move on from 2007. He should try sticking the tough times out as mentioned earlier he quits when things get tough amd dont go his way.

number 27
07-11-2013, 08:51 AM
JC taking quite a lot of stick here just for answering a question. A bit of a contrast to the Mikey Stewart love-in we had recently.

Obviously we prefer snidey yam failures putting the boot in to one of our great talents saying what he believes.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 08:53 AM
JC taking quite a lot of stick here just for answering a question. A bit of a contrast to the Mikey Stewart love-in we had recently.

Obviously we prefer snidey yam failures putting the boot in to one of our great talents saying what he believes.

I have little time for either of them.

J-C
07-11-2013, 09:21 AM
I'm no Rod Petrie fan, but EVERY manager gets backed in hard cash more than any other manager in this league bar Celtic.

And they get just as much as Aberdeen, sometimes a little more sometimes a little less.

That's not lack of ambition in my opinion.

It was just a thought G, was thinking more of the signings we've made, or lack off. The bigger signings that have been associated with us in the past, we seem to miss out on quite a few and end up with 3rd and 4th best options, yes Petrie has backed the managers but maybe not backed them by getting the top players this club needs and we've had to settle for the dregs of what's left over.
Instead of getting 6 average players at £1.5k per week, why don't we ever get 3 good players at £3k or 2 really good ones at £4.5k per week, still adds up to £9k per week wage wise but just gets you a better quality player, Petrie seems to like the average £1.5k player it seems.

JimBHibees
07-11-2013, 09:45 AM

Completely agree put up or shut up. John had obviously lost the dressing room for whatever reason yet no doubt if Naismith/Robson etc had been signed we would have been brilliant and everything rosey. RP does seem like an easy excuse for some managers to excuse their failings.

Part/Time Supporter
07-11-2013, 09:56 AM
It was just a thought G, was thinking more of the signings we've made, or lack off. The bigger signings that have been associated with us in the past, we seem to miss out on quite a few and end up with 3rd and 4th best options, yes Petrie has backed the managers but maybe not backed them by getting the top players this club needs and we've had to settle for the dregs of what's left over.
Instead of getting 6 average players at £1.5k per week, why don't we ever get 3 good players at £3k or 2 really good ones at £4.5k per week, still adds up to £9k per week wage wise but just gets you a better quality player, Petrie seems to like the average £1.5k player it seems.

1. £9K per week (or more!) isn't a guarantee of a good player (just ask the Yams)

2. What do you fill the rest of the squad with? Unless you're assuming that you can just get through the season with (say) 12 senior players and youths filling the bench and any absences.

Speedway
07-11-2013, 09:56 AM
JC seems to know a lot about football club management, I wonder if he'd ever consider a career in it?

smurf
07-11-2013, 10:01 AM
JC is someone in the hearts of many of us thanks to the player who he was and how he turned Mogga's timid wee laddies into men who won something.

However, I do wish he would say what he means and means what he says about his time at ER as manager instead of just hinting.

I have always been troubled though by Rod Petrie 'signing' Grant Brebner, Ian Murray, John Rankin, Colin Nish, Ivan Sproule and Gary O'Connor...

ahibby
07-11-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm sure the interference he alludes to is in connection with Rob Jones, Mikey Stewart et al, going to RP to complain that JCs training methods were to hard on them. Oh didums poor professional football players. Then RP took their side and interfered with JC's methods. It was none of his business and he should have kept out of it, leaving the manager to coach and manage his way or ask him to leave so he can get someone else in who won't work them so hard. That's been one of the problems with Hibs. Collins player sales amounted to over 8 million pounds. At the time Naismith hadn't gone to Rangers for 1.9 million so basically when JC asked for him he wasn't worth that much because no one had paid that much for him. JC expected some of the 8.8million to be spent on players and it was never going to be. Never the less RP should have chased the players who went greeting to him like bairns. I wonder how much the players that JC asked for are worth now compared to when he asked for them, but that is neither here nor there because he wasn't and isn't the right man for the job although there was nothing wrong with his coaching and training methods in my view as it is/was designed to bring the best out in players.

silverhibee
07-11-2013, 10:20 AM
It would appear JC hasn't, after his ill timed comments today

Wait until Deek spills the beans in his book J about his times at Hibs. :wink::greengrin

Kato
07-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Then RP took their side and interfered with JC's methods.

How did this manifest itself?

Matty_Jack04
07-11-2013, 10:37 AM
JC is someone in the hearts of many of us thanks to the player who he was and how he turned Mogga's timid wee laddies into men who won something.

However, I do wish he would say what he means and means what he says about his time at ER as manager instead of just hinting.

I have always been troubled though by Rod Petrie 'signing' Grant Brebner, Ian Murray, John Rankin, Colin Nish, Ivan Sproule and Gary O'Connor...

A better signing record than JC....

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2013, 10:37 AM

I'd imagine if we signed Naysmith and Robson, it would have been fun watching them try and get results alongside the academy players? :greengrin

Kato
07-11-2013, 10:38 AM
I suppose an example of interference from the board room which was most well known was Vlad's tinkering at the PBS. The press knew about Rima, the fax machine, Vlad having his favourite's and those he wanted left out the team.

What we know about the alleged interference from Rod is rumour, hints and nudge-nudges. Nothing specific at all, the press allude to interference but if they knew something concrete they wouldn't hesitate in being specific but here are no specifics at all which says to me they don't have any.

Sounds like sour grapes and an aspect that has been invented then exaggerated over time until it becomes taken for granted in the press. A mild hysteria.

I reckon there are no specifics given because there aren't any. Otherwise they would have been leaked by now.

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2013, 10:40 AM
I suppose an example of interference from the board room which was most well known was Vlad's tinkering at the PBS. The press knew about Rima, the fax machine, Vlad having his favourite's and those he wanted left out the team.

What we know about the alleged interference from Rod is rumour, hints and nudge-nudges. Nothing specific at all, the press allude to interference but if they knew something concrete they wouldn't hesitate in being specific but here are no specifics at all which says to me they don't have any.

Sounds like sour grapes and an aspect that has been invented then exaggerated over time until it becomes taken for granted in the press. A mild hysteria.

I reckon there are no specifics given because there aren't any. Otherwise they would have been leaked by now.

100% spot on. :agree:

smurf
07-11-2013, 10:43 AM
A better signing record than JC....

One was reasonably successful. Ian Murray.

Matty_Jack04
07-11-2013, 10:58 AM
One was reasonably successful. Ian Murray.

Makalamby, kerr, jonleit, gathusi,nombousie,Donaldson,o'brien, Antoine-courier...off the top of my head as Collins signings, which of them came close to reasonably successful?

smurf
07-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Makalamby, kerr, jonleit, gathusi,nombousie,Donaldson,o'brien, Antoine-courier...off the top of my head as Collins signings, which of them came close to reasonably successful?

The debate isn't the merits of the signings. It's who identifies the players. I think it should be the manager who does so and moulds them into his system. And is therefore accountable to whatever agreed objectives.

I've no doubt this is exactly what happens in the main but it is plain wrong and should not be happening if Rod is involved as many suspect with the players I listed.

flash
07-11-2013, 11:10 AM

To be fair, and i have no idea if the above is true, if Rod Petrie dived into the Water of Leith and saved a drowning child you would probably think he pushed them in in the first place.

Lucius Apuleius
07-11-2013, 11:13 AM
I'm sure the interference he alludes to is in connection with Rob Jones, Mikey Stewart et al, going to RP to complain that JCs training methods were to hard on them. Oh didums poor professional football players. Then RP took their side and interfered with JC's methods. It was none of his business and he should have kept out of it, leaving the manager to coach and manage his way or ask him to leave so he can get someone else in who won't work them so hard. That's been one of the problems with Hibs. Collins player sales amounted to over 8 million pounds. At the time Naismith hadn't gone to Rangers for 1.9 million so basically when JC asked for him he wasn't worth that much because no one had paid that much for him. JC expected some of the 8.8million to be spent on players and it was never going to be. Never the less RP should have chased the players who went greeting to him like bairns. I wonder how much the players that JC asked for are worth now compared to when he asked for them, but that is neither here nor there because he wasn't and isn't the right man for the job although there was nothing wrong with his coaching and training methods in my view as it is/was designed to bring the best out in players.

Mince

smurf
07-11-2013, 11:16 AM
To be fair, and i have no idea if the above is true, if Rod Petrie dived into the Water of Leith and saved a drowning child you would probably think he pushed them in in the first place.

Did you really waste time thinking of that? Pathetic way of debating...

FWIW I think Rod has done a reasonably good job in supporting our managers and running our club in a financial perspective. I just wish he could appoint a decent manager and a dynamic full time CEO to give our club the leadership is is so badly void of.

flash
07-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Did you really waste time thinking of that? Pathetic way of debating...

FWIW I think Rod has done a reasonably good job in supporting our managers and running our club in a financial perspective. I just wish he could appoint a decent manager and a dynamic full time CEO to give our club the leadership is is so badly void of.

Not sure if i could be ersed looking up your previous posts i would find the thoughts of someone who thinks he "has done a reasonably good job".

Matty_Jack04
07-11-2013, 11:25 AM
The debate isn't the merits of the signings. It's who identifies the players. I think it should be the manager who does so and moulds them into his system. And is therefore accountable to whatever agreed objectives.

I've no doubt this is exactly what happens in the main but it is plain wrong and should not be happening if Rod is involved as many suspect with the players I listed.

I agree but I don't for one minute believe Petrie has brought players to the club without consulting the manager at the time, john rankin for example was signed days before a derby and was named on mixu's bench for that game and played at least 30mins if memory serves me right that wouldn't have happened if mixu didn't want him in the first place unless of course rods picking the team as well.

This interference is a media led thing that has grown arms and legs starting from the 'revolt' during Collins time at the club, he will always be questioned on it and people like Mikey Stewart will always spin it in there favour and these are the only sides to the story we hear, I've not heard anyone else complain about interference (correct me if I'm wrong) except Collins and I think that speaks volumes

Peevemor
07-11-2013, 11:30 AM
I agree but I don't for one minute believe Petrie has brought players to the club without consulting the manager at the time, john rankin for example was signed days before a derby and was named on mixu's bench for that game and played at least 30mins if memory serves me right that wouldn't have happened if mixu didn't want him in the first place unless of course rods picking the team as well.

This interference is a media led thing that has grown arms and legs starting from the 'revolt' during Collins time at the club, he will always be questioned on it and people like Mikey Stewart will always spin it in there favour and these are the only sides to the story we hear, I've not heard anyone else complain about interference (correct me if I'm wrong) except Collins and I think that speaks volumes

Exactly. In fact Mixu delayed the signing or Rankin because he wanted to watch him play first (which lead to his being cup-tied).

I think it's possible however that RP suggested the re-signings of the likes of Riordan, GO'C and Murray, perhaps even loosening the purse strings a bit, for the PR value - but I doubt he's ever imposed any player on a manager.

J-C
07-11-2013, 11:36 AM
I'd imagine if we signed Naysmith and Robson, it would have been fun watching them try and get results alongside the academy players? :greengrin

It was more the crap signings I was on about, the ones that were instantly forgettable, we've been linked with many a good player but never do we seem to sign them. Oh for the days when we had 2-3 real quality players in the team like Latapy, Sauzee, Luna etc just a couple of quality like that would be nice

Matty_Jack04
07-11-2013, 11:37 AM
Exactly. In fact Mixu delayed the signing or Rankin because he wanted to watch him play first (which lead to his being cup-tied).

I think it's possible however that RP suggested the re-signings of the likes of Riordan, GO'C and Murray, perhaps even loosening the purse strings a bit, for the PR value - but I doubt he's ever imposed any player on a manager.

Petrie was the only constant at the club with those players leaving and coming back I've no doubt he would have been contacted when they where available personally by the players or through agents but like you i believe the manager would have been asked before anything was done to bring them back

silverhibee
07-11-2013, 11:38 AM

Not really true BH about Yogi, pretty sure that incumbent had to be reeled in to Petries office after his departure from Hibs, his time on Sportsound wiith the BBC pundits must have had Petries head spinning, i am sure at one point on these many Saturdays with Yogi on the panel that he said he would spill all about his time at Hibs if someone was willing to pay his pay-off from the club and pay lawyer fees that may occur from his story, whether he was joking about it or not, (you can never be to sure with Yogi :greengrin) but no one took him up on his offer, but pretty sure after that, Petrie was slagging him off in a club statement and Yogi had been summoned to Petrie Towers, they must have made up after that as Yogi went very quiet about talking about Hibs and lost his spot with his mates on Sportsound on Saturdays.

Question for you, if you were the manager of Hibs who is preaching to the fans about playing silky football and that ball should stick to the pitch when passing it, TOTAL FOOTBALL, but the pitch is a mess and one of your players complains about the state of the pitch in a interview to the press, would you deal with it yourself, that's if it worth dealing with it as the player was pretty truthful about the state of the pitch, just say you decide to do nothing, but you find out that the Board are not happy about the player comments to the press and want to discipline him for it.

Do you stick up for your player or say nothing in defence of said player, but the captain and the rest of the players stick by the player as well, unrest in the changing room because of interference from upstairs, as the manager you must be thinking to yourself, who is calling the shots regarding team discipline, you have now lost the dressing room because you didn't back up your player and the rest of the team who were fully behind the player.

Maybe it is that kind of interference from upstairs that is one of the problems that the ex managers talk about. :dunno:

Pretty sure another one of your players :greengrin complained a few weeks later about the state of the pitch as well, but no action taken, what does that do for team bonding in your team after the fallout from the last player being fined for his comments about the same pitch.

All because of interference from upstairs, when you could have dealt with it in your own way and told upstairs it's been taken care of and it won't happen again. :greengrin

Hibercelona
07-11-2013, 11:39 AM

You say that this is the only side of the story we'll ever hear. But why is that? Why don't Petrie and the board come out and defend their position?

If Petrie is honestly being slandered against by the media, then it would make sense for him to come out and defend himself.

Why doesn't he?

jacomo
07-11-2013, 11:41 AM

Nish was lined up for Hibs but Mixu put a hold on that until he'd seen him play.

I am not Rod has signed players without a manager's consent. However, I do suspect there is a hierarchical structure at Hibs that has prevented us from fulfilling our full potential.

Kato
07-11-2013, 11:48 AM
You say that this is the only side of the story we'll ever hear. But why is that? Why don't Petrie and the board come out and defend their position?

If Petrie is honestly being slandered against by the media, then it would make sense for him to come out and defend himself.

Why doesn't he?

Where is the slander?

There are no specifics so how can he come out and defend himself? Against what exactly?

Hibercelona
07-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Where is the slander?

There are no specifics so how can he come out and defend himself? Against what exactly?

He's been accused of interference.

If thats untrue, then it is slanderous. Because it would be a manufactured lie to show him up in a negative light.

If its untrue. Then he should come out and say so.

Matty_Jack04
07-11-2013, 11:53 AM

Why doesn't he?

How often would he need to come out and defend himself? every time something happens or isn't going well we get Petrie based story's or 'pundits' lifting the lid on what's going wrong down ER, I'd like to think he has better things to do than satisfy the Glasgow tabloids on a weekly basis or get involved in mud slinging with people on the radio.

we're nearing 7 years since Collins time at the club the only people spilling the beans have been simon brown Mikey Stewart and Collins all 3 have went on and done nothing since, it's the only thing noteworthy they have to talk about

silverhibee
07-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Exactly !!
Don't quite get his reasons for giving this interview other than sour grapes
He "failed" as a manager at ER because of his lack of man management skills .

Great player and great guy to spend time with just wish he would let things be .

There is an old rugby saying " What happens on tour stays on tour " he would do well to adopt that
:rolleyes:

Hate to disappoint you but this ain't egg chasing talk, it's fitba chat, and what gets said in the changing room normally hits the bookies with in the hour. :greengrin :agree:

JC gave me my son and my late Dad the greatest moment in our Hibs watching career, winning the League Cup, my Dad was so proud that day that there was tears in his eyes that day he was at Hampden and in the company of his son and grandson watching Hibs lift a Trophy together as 3 generations of our family.

Hibercelona
07-11-2013, 12:07 PM
How often would he need to come out and defend himself? every time something happens or isn't going well we get Petrie based story's or 'pundits' lifting the lid on what's going wrong down ER, I'd like to think he has better things to do than satisfy the Glasgow tabloids on a weekly basis or get involved in mud slinging with people on the radio.

we're nearing 7 years since Collins time at the club the only people spilling the beans have been simon brown Mikey Stewart and Collins all 3 have went on and done nothing since, it's the only thing noteworthy they have to talk about

Where did I say that he should go "mud slinging" with people over the radio? :confused:

He never defends himself on any allegations. So it's no wonder that there are stories in the tabloids every week slating him. They do it, because they know they can get away with it.

If Petrie is innocent on all accounts. He needs to grow a set of balls and come out and say so.

Kato
07-11-2013, 12:07 PM
He's been accused of interference.

If thats untrue, then it is slanderous. Because it would be a manufactured lie to show him up in a negative light.

If its untrue. Then he should come out and say so.

What a load of garbage. Of course he "interferes". Any Chairman who doesn't "interfere" isn't doing his job. The specifics of the interference and whether or not it impacted directly on the managers remit has never been disclosed so until it is I would expect Petrie to ignore the claims as they amount to zilch.

Matty_Jack04
07-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Where did I say that he should go "mud slinging" with people over the radio? :confused:

He never defends himself on any allegations. So it's no wonder that there are stories in the tabloids every week slating him. They do it, because they know they can get away with it.

If Petrie is innocent on all accounts. He needs to grow a set of balls and come out and say so.

And be believed by all and it'll end happily ever after? Or will it descend into mud slinging?

hibeeleicester
07-11-2013, 01:03 PM
It's modern football, the chairman will be involved. And rightly so.

The chairman/Manager/DoF identifies and signs players down at Posh and it has been very successful system, time for hibs to get out the dark ages! :agree:

Dashing Bob S
07-11-2013, 01:10 PM
It's not like certain managers don't 'interfere' at times.

It cost Graham Rix his job.

But at Chelsea, not at Hearts.

LeithBoozy
07-11-2013, 03:02 PM
I wonder how rumour ends-up as fact, before Yogi was appointed manager, it was stated as fact that no way that could happen. Due to Petrie hating his guts, because Yogi throwing a pint over him. Well that story was proved wrong, the truth was they both lapped each other up. Its funny how if you hear a story often enough, it becomes fact. :rolleyes:

ancient hibee
07-11-2013, 04:47 PM
The reason the media has digs at Petrie is because he doesn't give them wee stories,doesn't give them the time of day and makes it clear he has no time for them.This upsets them -but what really upsets them is that he makes it perfectly clear that he doesn't give a tuppenny toss about them and these self important toerags("I can exclusively reveal"copyright C.Young)can't stand it.

jacomo
07-11-2013, 04:48 PM
I wonder how rumour ends-up as fact, before Yogi was appointed manager, it was stated as fact that no way that could happen. Due to Petrie hating his guts, because Yogi throwing a pint over him. Well that story was proved wrong, the truth was they both lapped each other up. Its funny how if you hear a story often enough, it becomes fact. :rolleyes:

Yeah, get on famously those two, Petrie doesn't have a bad word to say about him...

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 05:14 PM

What a crock of sheet.

He's absolutely right to ignore the remarks and say nothing, and it takes mighty sized kahunas to do so.

If he responds to all the pish that people throw at him, he's allowing other people to dictate his agenda.

His detractors aren't going to believe him whatever he says so why take them seriously?

Jonnyboy
07-11-2013, 07:17 PM

Speak for yersel. JC's timing is appalling. If he felt anything for Hibs he'd shut up

Kato
07-11-2013, 07:49 PM
The reason the media has digs at Petrie is because he doesn't give them wee stories,doesn't give them the time of day and makes it clear he has no time for them.This upsets them -but what really upsets them is that he makes it perfectly clear that he doesn't give a tuppenny toss about them and these self important toerags("I can exclusively reveal"copyright C.Young)can't stand it.

...in a nutshell....:top marks

Jonnyboy
07-11-2013, 07:52 PM

Well said, oh ancient one :greengrin

Billy Whizz
07-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Well said, oh ancient one :greengrin

Lots of oldies posting on this thread, me excluded

Jonnyboy
07-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Lots of oldies posting on this thread, me excluded

Cheeky :greengrin

Billy Whizz
07-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Cheeky :greengrin

Was going to change my username to BillyBOY, then had a nervous shiver at the thought!

Jonnyboy
07-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Was going to change my username to BillyBOY, then had a nervous shiver at the thought!

Heaven forbid :greengrin

judas
07-11-2013, 08:32 PM
So who is the great martyr Collins managing now?

Truth is he could not handle the job. It was too big for him and it was embarrassing.

He should stick with salivating over Celtic and stop making Hibs look like an unattractive prospect to new managers.

What a gutless man.

The Modfather
07-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Does anyone think Petrie will share the fabled "5 year plan" with Butcher/the new manager? Or will he just make it up as we go along and when it doesn't work talk about "unworkable legacies", neglecting the irony of the last 6 years under Petrie.